13. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

10 76.92%
  • NO

3 23.08%

Thread: psp usaGE

Dedicated Member

psp usaGE

Next Generation has discovered the results of study conducted by Infoplat. Upon polling over 1,000 Japanese consumers, Infoplat found only 10% of users had used their PSP to watch a movie, and "most" were not planning on buying a UMD.

Even outside the realm of UMDs, multimedia doesn't appear to be a strong suit for the machine. Less than 50% saw themselves using a PSP for viewing movies or pictures off a memory stick. That's not really surprising. Accomplishing either of the latter tasks isn't particularly user friendly, and Sony's done little to remedy this.

What's more troubling, however, is what Japanese consumers are saying about their PSP usage. 50% of them freely admitted they had not touched their PSP in "some time." While that's certainly not at all specific, it's indicative of a similar trend amongst US PSP users desperately looking for a hot, new game to play.
    WOw PSP is failing badly in JApan

Superior Member

I'm not really into the UMD movie thing since its just kind of pointless to buy it just for the PSP in my opinion. I play it just about everyday though, or at least use the web browser, but it just needs some new games.

Master Sage
    i know sony needs to get it going with games. i mean they trying their best to get movies on it, which is cool, but we want games the movies are more for traveling and i have like twenty movies and only a few games.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Superior Member

I'm hoping that good games come out this Fall and holiday season, which so far is looking like it will happen. It says something though when after what, 5 months that the majority of all the titles on the PSP were launch titles.

Superior Member

I'm lookin forward to Madden 06 and GTA, but thats about it, not sure how SoCom: Bravo team will be, guess ill wait, we need some hot RPGs in the mix, c'mon squenix!
    Current Game Systems: PS2|Xbox|PSP

Systems Coming Soon: PS3|X360

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastur Debater
    I'm hoping that good games come out this Fall and holiday season, which so far is looking like it will happen. It says something though when after what, 5 months that the majority of all the titles on the PSP were launch titles.
    Yes, but they're forgetting that the PSP was released in March, leaving three months before the summer video game drought. There's been Death Jr. released for PSP, and that's it in the summer. What games have come out this summer for Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube? I ahevn't heard any news on games released in the summer, let alone any BIG games. Most AAA titles or titles that are expected to do well are released from September-November, to get in on the Xmas rush. Next month, GTA:LCS is coming out for the PSP. Sometime soon, Socom Fireteam Bravo will be released, and it also loks very promising. And isn't Madden '06 coming out for the PSP soon too?

Thread Information