Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Sending it in for repair

Well guys...I'm sure there is something up with my PS3. I get an error that says:

An error has occured during the download operation.
    A connection error has occured 8001000A

Whenever I try to d/l from the playstation network. I am using wireless. I have discovered that it will work fine wired. I'm sure it's my wireless card because each time I receive this error I have to restart the PS3 before it will even try to get online again. My router is only about 5ft away and my signal shows 100% so I know the connection is good. I've got all the necessary ports opened on the router, and as a last resort I also setup the IP for the PS3 in DMZ.

Im going to call Sony up tomorrow and see about a replacement or repair. I talked with them today to try and resolve the issue and the lady said, "Hmmm that's weird I don't really know. There is no reason you should be getting that error because you have your ports open. Thanks for calling Sony blah blah blah, and she hung up"

thats too bad...right now im wary about the PS3 because of so many problems ive heard about. So far from what ive heard their problems are already outnumbering the 360's total problems by far and that is turning me away. not sure on validitity of info though.

Superior Member

So far from what ive heard their problems are already outnumbering the 360's total problems by far and that is turning me away. not sure on validitity of info though.
    Problems Like? I have only heard of a few.. and they don't even come close to touching that of the 360 during its launch period.

Resistance
    NBA 2k7

PSN: buckeyefan
    AIM me if you want a 2k7 game

The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisMath View Post
    thats too bad...right now im wary about the PS3 because of so many problems ive heard about. So far from what ive heard their problems are already outnumbering the 360's total problems by far and that is turning me away. not sure on validitity of info though.

thanks for the propaganda post.
    YapYap is that you???

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

/\ssassin
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefan View Post
    Problems Like? I have only heard of a few.. and they don't even come close to touching that of the 360 during its launch period.
    It's mostly for online stuff from what I'm hearing unlike 360 hardware problems.

Apprentice
    Seriously what are you talking about??? I haven't heard about these supposed problems... can you or someone fill me in??

Elite Member

your worrying about nothing. The ps3 has very,very few problems. I have a ps3, and it works great. I keep it on for hours and it doesnt over heat. It is almost silent, all 4 usb ports, wifi, blurtooth, bluraydrive, ethernet, etc work without error.
    You need permission from the members to use their quotes. Memeber wanted his removed

/\ssassin
    Since I'm supposed to get mine around summer, hopefully it will be a later model release and all the kinks will be ironed out.

Superior Member

It's mostly for online stuff from what I'm hearing unlike 360 hardware problems.
    Fair enough, I thought he/she was referring to hardware difficulties, which are almost non existent. As for the online aspect, yes there are improvements to be made for sure.

Resistance
    NBA 2k7

PSN: buckeyefan
    AIM me if you want a 2k7 game

/\ssassin
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefan View Post
    Fair enough, I thought he/she was referring to hardware difficulties, which are almost non existent. As for the online aspect, yes there are improvements to be made for sure.
    I know, that's extremely surprising after the diode news got spread around. I thought they would rush the production and get sloppy but fortunately I was wrong.

Elite Member
    If i recall the 360 launch, there were many problems. Most of which of freezing and scratching, others where temporary or permanent crashes. Ive almost endless stories, videos, articles and complaints in a matter of months after launch. Their main solution was to send it in for repalcement. Im really impressed with the ps3's and even the wii's launch, put together they still dont match up what happened to the 360.

/\ssassin
    But through it all the 360 passed the launch test. Either it was the games or the behind-the-scene-money dealing.

Apprentice
    Once they upgrade their servers significantly it'll be alot better

And we cant forget the blue screen of death at the 360 launch

Other than the WiFi mine has been amazing...I too leave mine on for long periods of time..No overheating...It has frozen one time since Nov. 17. I really hope they can fix this one. I don't want another one because this one has been so good to me lol

I've managed to freeze my PS3 twice. Both of them happened on the same screen. I was playing music in the background while browsing the 'net. WHen I was selecting a bookmark it froze when I clicked on psu.com and once when I clicked on animecubed.com. Other than that.... it's been fine. And all I had to do those times was a reboot. ^^
    PSN - Vertana
    Currently waiting for: SC: Double Agent, Oblivion, F.E.A.R., and Rainbow Six: Vegas.

BMWM3P

Exactly, what are these problems you speak of? I know you won't have an answer because you're just a troll. Go to the xbox forums and start **** over there you dumb troll.

sending it in

Friends-
    I have to send mine in, the prepaid shipping box has arrived, however I can not figure out how to back up my saved data onto another device. I looked in the booklet and no luck, I tried inserting the storage media, starting up the game, pausing the game and trying to save to stoarge media but no luck. I also tried under games under the menu, and then going to the external device, but it says no data their, I thought I would be able to select to save to this. The hdd backup system option states the saved data will only be able to be recovered on THAT PS3, and I know they are sending me a new one. I would just like to save my game data so that I do not have to start all over next week when I get my new one.

I appreciate the help!

Ultimate Veteran
    Check your signal strength. If it is less than 40% or so, I'd move the wifi router closer to the PS3 if at all possible.

Ultimate Veteran
    it might not be the PS3 i would make sure your wifi is all up to date.
    and make sure the port u are useing for the PS3 is not locked,
    wifi suxs peiord. if u can just use a cable to the router use it.
    dont get all up set over wifi my friend has wifi and it suxs.

like.no.other
    Such as? Come on, please list all the problems that SONY are having, because I'm not hearing of too many, unlike the Xbox 360.

To the thread starter, I would have thought that if you are able to connect to the network via WiFi, it suggests that there isn't a problem with the PS3 hardware. Also, if using ethernet cable works completely, there really can't be a problem with the PS3, surely?

The thing is, just because your signal strength is 100%, it does not mean that the quality is 100%, and that's the important bit. If you have a strength of 100% and a quality of just 10%, you are going to be losing packets all over the place, to the point where the PS3 just gives up. Conversely, you can have a strength of 10%, but if the quality is 100%, you will get there eventually.

Keep us posted!
    Phat boy gone slim!

Dedicated Member

I hardly hear of any PS3 problems, and everything on my PS3 works just fine. Quiet also, and like the fact it's an all in one unit, with powersupply and next generation movie player built in.

Now go to Xbox forums, and see how many people complain about red ring of death.

Besieged
    Have you opened the ports so the PS3 can talk to the PSN. If your able to surf the web, but issues with PSN, then the below may help

The port numbers for PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork servers used for this are TCP: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP: 3478, 3479.
    For the AV chat and online game play, the Direct communication with other PS3™ systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658. However, you may need to use a different port number when you are connected using a NAT router.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoo View Post
    Friends-
    I have to send mine in, the prepaid shipping box has arrived, however I can not figure out how to back up my saved data onto another device. I looked in the booklet and no luck, I tried inserting the storage media, starting up the game, pausing the game and trying to save to stoarge media but no luck. I also tried under games under the menu, and then going to the external device, but it says no data their, I thought I would be able to select to save to this. The hdd backup system option states the saved data will only be able to be recovered on THAT PS3, and I know they are sending me a new one. I would just like to save my game data so that I do not have to start all over next week when I get my new one.

I appreciate the help!
    When i switched my game save data over i used my PSP through the USB port. I saved my entire Resistance game and Project 8 character. This is the only help i can offer but if you have a PSP it'll work for you. Good luck

alexfair
    . sorry double post!!!! wtf

Thread Information