Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

*OFFICIAL: !!BOOM!! Madden 07 - Help/Pics ~

Okay, so I'm wondering, since people say Madden 07 gameplay is so different from the PS2 versions, what's up with it?? What are the controls like??

If anyone could also post a bunch of pics that would be nice too

Please feedback on the game, + ANYTHING about madden 07 just put it on this thread!

Thanks guyss --

(i know there's a lot of madden threads, but I haven't seen an official help/pics one, so make this a sticky!)
    :NEW SEASON: NEW DYNASTY: COLTS:

BananaFish
    I think I'm gonna have to sit out madden 07 and wait for NCAA 08 to drop before I comment further.

Superior Member
    ah come on bro ! I'll be gettin madden 07 tonight, I'll prob. post pics later on 2

Forum Elder
    Changes from 06

Hot Routes are ruined:
    Instead using the coaches cam to call hot routes you have to scroll through one receiver at a time

Formation Shifts, Formation Audibles..... gone

Madden doesn't do any commentary WTF.

Running the ball:

Jukes and stiff arms are no longer shoulder button controls, They are X and /\ Respectively

Passing is about the same

Defensive hot routes have changed. (none for indiv. players any more.

You can't edit players

Owner mode is gone.

Framerate is a little jerky

This game sucks online

Superior Member
    the only thing i REALLY don't like is that X and Triangle are jukes and stiff arms , . . ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

, idk everything else i don't REALLY mind 2 much

Apprentice

they took all that stuff out to fix the glitches it caused, like the QB draw glitch that was deadly with mike vick....id say that stuff will be in madden 08...its really hard to explain the gameplay its just completly different...but you will adapt after 3-4 games! let me know how you like it.

PSN ID - ThePlugster
    http://friends.gamefly.com/r/0e26cde8ca581029919d
    ^^ Register For Gamefly Through me ^^

Superior Member
    alrite so it's been since yesterday 6:00 e.t. I got madden, and when i first started it up i was like man these ppl look like GARBAGE, lol, but then , i plugged in the HDMI cable, and after a few games it was actually getting fun, BUT i did fix all the controls to my Madden 06 Liking, lol, so it's KIND OF the same.. but game is still damn fun, it's just ppl seem much slower......... but Overall i'll give it an 8.6 bcuz it's madden

Apprentice

told ya it wasnt too bad when i get online we will have to get in some games.

PSN ID - ThePlugster
    http://friends.gamefly.com/r/0e26cde8ca581029919d
    ^^ Register For Gamefly Through me ^^

Apprentice

next gen madden is garbage. Its almost like they had a totally different company/team make this game. The play call screen, lack of audibles, lack of a stiff arm that actually works, graphics that are just OK....honeslty I would probaby rate it about a 4/10. If it wasnt the only football game it would probably be no higher than a 2-3/10. Good thing i only rented it.

On second thought it plays alot more like NFL2k5 than madden. Which for some reason i liked a lot more than this next gen madden. Anyways I definetly recomend renting it first. I for one will be buying the PS2 version of 08 next year.

Superior Member
    ^^^ you're CRAZY, Madden 08 is Going to be sick, EA knows what they're doing with 08 for PS3, i'll guarantee u that, It's just that they had to make a quick little version for PS3 so I don't think they really gave a damn, but even they admitted once they unleash that PS3 power, it'll be bye-bye xbox 360

(btw: the stiff arm is gay, ur right about that)

Apprentice

PSN ID
    jrp0024
    The one thing i dont like is that when vick or any fast QB scrambles a lineman catches u. How can a line man catch vick?

Rented Madden 07 a couple of weeks ago, thought it was one of the best sports game ever from the media, hype and etc. Played that game, ok ok, then tried that on-line... SLOWWW!!! Anyone know why?

Superior Member
    yeah, that's what im sayin man, players just move SLOWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :/

Apprentice

Well Whats The Sixaxis Controller Do With It ?????

Superior Member
    Hopefully Madden 08 is more well designed than 07. There is definitely room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by xX p3dRos Xx View Post
    Well Whats The Sixaxis Controller Do With It ?????
    You can jerk the controller when on defense to jump the snap and to tackle harder. Those are the only ones I have noticed.

62" Mitsubishi Diamond Series DLP 1080p w/ Pioneer Surround Sound
    3 PS3 60's-FOLDING/R:FOM/Madden 07/COD3&4/RR7/NFSC/MS/GTHD/F1CE awaiting GT5!
    360 Elite Wifi-COD4/Gears/Forza 1&2/Crackdown/H2 LE/H3/PGR3/Madden 08, PS2-Lots! iPhone-Hacked!

Super Elite

Well I was used to NFL 2k7 and I have not played a football game for over a year before Madden 07 so they do not bother me.
    *Own PS3 (60gb) Launch Day
    *Username = MikaMo33
    *R:FOM, COD3/COD4, RR7,NHL 2k7, Motor Storm, Oblivion, GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, UT3, Orange Box
    *Own Wii: Zelda, Red Steel, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero III

TheUofMadden.Com - Launched

TheUofMadden.com - Launched

TheUofMadden.com forums were just launched 12/29/06. The main site and more are still in works. We were running 360Leagues.com for about a year and just handed the site off as we want to put our focus on ALL next gen systems. We know how to run a site. All the proof needed is at 360Leagues.com as we have been running strong for a year and just handed it off to a very good guy.

Our Main focus will be to please all the hardcore madden gamers out there and give them a place to discuss and play Madden. We will be hosting tournaments, leagues, a ladder, and much more.

It will be slow around there for awhile as we are working on the site. We have lots in plans for this place, and i feel UofM will be the place will be the place to be when it comes to next gen. gaming.

The first tournament held at TheUofM will be on the PS3. Sign-ups will becoming soon, so look for those. (We may be looking for help in the 360/Wii section, or possibly even the PS3 section.)

All rules are to be followed or you will be dismissed from the site all together. Rule will be posted in a few days.

We look forward to giving you guys a place to stay and chat about Madden, lets make UofM the place to be for next gen. gaming.

http:// www.theuofmadden.com
    ImRonMexico

blind
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika Mo 25 View Post
    Well I was used to NFL 2k7
    NFFL 2K7 WTF? I thought that they stoped making 2k football games.

Superior Member

is it just me or is the referee that is doing the titans and patriots game look exactly like the one on madden and by the way i cant wait till ncaa 08
    OFFICIALLY RETIRED*

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicflood2420 View Post
    is it just me or is the referee that is doing the titans and patriots game look exactly like the one on madden and by the way i cant wait till ncaa 08

Yeah he did, wonder if they model ref's from the real NFL.

Madden for this yr might be a big shaky w/ some control changes but I wasnt expecting much for the first go around on the PS3. Some of you are expecting to much to quick. Im sure Madden 08 will be a great improvement.

Anyone else having problems playing online? Connecting to other players?
    32'' Olevia LCD.
    R:FoM; Madden '07; NBA 2k7; MLB2k7; Rainbow Six: Vegas; NCAA '08
    PSN: Jstarr7

Dedicated Member
    Where is the old tubby fella!! Im not sure yet if I miss him and Al calling the game. But I feel they were more informative about whats going on. Ok let me just take a sec to rant about what i dont like. But before i continue, let me just say that I love the game! Let me just mention a few things I have noticed. When your kicking a field goal, why dont they have something on the screen that says how far it is. they do show where the ball is so you can just figure it out but previous games would just say it out loud. And after a scoring drive, they dont show anything about the drive. Regardless I still like the game very much so, im just a little disapointed at the little things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 60g - 52" Samsung LCD 1080p - Yamaha RX-V861 7.1 Receiver - Klipsch Speakers - Wii

"XBox 1080 will blow away Playstation 5" cries an xbot.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by fight_music View Post
    Changes from 06

Hot Routes are ruined:
    Instead using the coaches cam to call hot routes you have to scroll through one receiver at a time

Formation Shifts, Formation Audibles..... gone

Madden doesn't do any commentary WTF.

Running the ball:

Jukes and stiff arms are no longer shoulder button controls, They are X and /\ Respectively

Passing is about the same

Defensive hot routes have changed. (none for indiv. players any more.

You can't edit players

Owner mode is gone.

Framerate is a little jerky

For final comment See Sig.

So how do you use hot route for the recievers?

And i cant have someone blitz on defense when i want?

Also whats stiff arm and juke?

i dont like it at all....can any one tell me if its this different and bad becasue they were just tryin to throw a game together in time for launch or is this the way madden is gonna be for ps3....anyone think madden 08 will have more of the features they didnt have in this?

i thought i was going to be plying the best madden ever. INstead I am super disappointed. the graphics and details are great but the gameplay (which is the most important) is so freakin SLOOOOOW, especially online. THis is horrible. Its so horrible that im playing a game online RIGHT NOW and still typing this message. UGHHH

Thread Information