Master Sage

Final Fantasy XIII newscreens

http://www.jeux-france.com/news18630...e-sur-ps3.html

Alot are old, but I seen some new ones
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Dedicated Member
    Although I've seen them before, I've gotta say this game is looking amazing.

Supreme Veteran
    I really hope this game looks like this, its about time the cut scenes graphics complemented the games from start to finish. The way FF should be seen.
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

Veteran
    So that chick is called lightning right? She's like the female version of the guy from the versus trailer, they both kick so much ass. I Hope they have a crap load of CGI in these games, they have blu-ray for god sakes, there should be no excuses!

Forum Elder
    So what's the verdict on these screens from the trailer? Are they absolutely 100% in-game or what? I wanna say they look too good to be true, but please, nothing would make me happier than for someone to tell me it's in-game.
    "My strategy has to be tragedy, catastrophe, and after this you'll call me your majesty..."

Apprentice
    squeenix is not dropping cgi

cgi is the best!

Ishimaru Kaito
    I'm pumped for that games to bad it comes out in 11 monthes

Elite Member

Wow this game looks incredible. Those are all real time, right?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Arklon View Post
    So what's the verdict on these screens from the trailer? Are they absolutely 100% in-game or what? I wanna say they look too good to be true, but please, nothing would make me happier than for someone to tell me it's in-game.
    There is no real verdict yet, however, I know that most of these pictures came from the trailer we have already seen for the game. in other words, that means that most of these pictures, are in-game graphics. Im not too sure about the picture of Kukon, the floating city, the Cars, and then theres a picture of "Lightning" in the woods during the night. THese are all pictures I've seen, but I dont know if they are in-game or not.
    Anyways. Happy New years everybody!
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Forum Elder

Shiva looks awesome, simply awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Studios come and go, but good games last forever"

Master Poster
    Very nice, can't wait for some quality scans .

Super Elite
    From what i know about the new game engine Square are running i'd say without doubt the game is going to look that good...
    Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Polyphonic, Incognito, Studio London, Studio Liverpool, Evolution Studios, Guerilla Games, Digi-Guys, Factor 5, Sony R&D, Media Molecule there why I own a PS3... Thanks guys...

Dedicated Member
    They are supposively real-time, and the only reason I buy it is because if those were CGI, they'd actually be less quality CGI than some of the CGI in games like Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, and Final Fantasy 12. I think we can look forward to some really nice looking cutscenes

But we must remember that Square-Enix always manages to drop a graphical bomb everytime they release a Final Fantasy... remember when 10 came out? Everyone was flipping over the graphics that game was capable of.

Apprentice
    Now that I've finished FF12, I can really get excited...this is my most anticipated game by far for any console, pretty much bought a PS3 for this game and Versus.

Too bad it's still sooooooo far away.

is this coming to ps3 soon

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by vfrrider View Post
    is this coming to ps3 soon
    No. Probably Q4 2007 or Q1 2008.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 rocks View Post
    So that chick is called lightning right? She's like the female version of the guy from the versus trailer, they both kick so much ass. I Hope they have a crap load of CGI in these games, they have blu-ray for god sakes, there should be no excuses!
    CGI? You mean gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Arklon View Post
    They're all real-time

Quote Originally Posted by DMB14 View Post
    Wow this game looks incredible. Those are all real time, right?
    Oui

Quote Originally Posted by Angelcurio View Post

Shiva looks awesome, simply awesome.
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by DMB14 View Post
    No. Probably Q4 2007 or Q1 2008.
    So this game will come out between July and December 2007? Ou est que de la info?!?!
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear Shenyu View Post
    e

So this game will come out between July and December 2007? Ou est que de la info?!?!
    I'm saying sometime in 2008 for NA. I'm going to LOL for Europe though. SE does indeed have the option of a global release though.
    Member # 11 of the balanced gamers group

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear Shenyu View Post
    CGI? You mean gameplay?

They're all real-time

Oui

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee

Wow, amazing quality. I wonder if this game is going to look that much better than KillzONE AND mgs4.

Elite Sage
    Is that... is that... is that....SHIVA.

/drowns in puddle of drool.

No i must remain focused on FFXII.

/tries to hype himself on FFXII.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Elite Guru
    Good God this game is going to be amazing, but I am looking more forward to Versus. (Just because I like Kingdom Hearts so much)

Forum Elder
    Shenyu, I certainly hope that you're right. Any idea of what the battle system will be like? I haven't played FFXII yet, but I'm wondering if it will be similar. It seems that SE wants to somehow do away with turn-based fighting, and if it's done well, I'm all for it.

Anyone who's played Tales of the Abyss will have an idea of what I mean.
    "My strategy has to be tragedy, catastrophe, and after this you'll call me your majesty..."

Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    The battle system is supposed to replicate Advent Children in terms of how much action is going on, but it won't be like Final Fantasy XII in that you can control your characters. Their dressing up an old battle system and infusing it with the advancements provided with the PS3 hardware.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Forum Elder
    Hmm...that sounds somewhat anticlimactic, but I've got faith in SE. If anyone can do it right, it's them, so I suppose I'll just wait and see how it unfolds(like i have any other choice!).

Forum Sage
    Someone who actually saw the new trailer said that the battle system looks a lot like the one in White Knight Story, but only it's much faster paced.

And Fedos, you CAN control your characters. That much is confirmed, IIRC. The game doesn't have random battles, like FFXII didn't have, you have direct control of your characters (so that you can strategize where you attack from), but the battle system is somewhat turn-based. Or maybe it'd be better to call semi-turn-based. I'm not that sure of the details, but in some ways FFXIII is a "step back" in how free the battle system is, and in some ways it's a step forward as a whole. I reckon it's more like there is a whole "battle mode" in the game, whereas in FFXII you could open the (battle) whenever. Like when enemies notice you or you decide to attack the enemy, the battle menu will pop up, though the move to battles will still be seamless and there's no separate battle screen.

If there is one thing the battlesystem of FFXII lacks, it's in the presentation... in some ways. Spells like Fire are maybe a bit more realistic looking and not as exaggerated as in previous Final Fantasies (the whole screen doesn't literally blow up when casting it... >_> ), like you're not really superimpressed by the spells. FFXIII will change that, though. From what we've seen, already the spells and even the most normal moves look like they've been taken out from Advent Children. "Realistic" is in some ways the best way to describe FFXII as a whole. Yes, it is fantasy and has dragons and whatnot. But ultimately, the world is very believable, a world of its own. It has a past and a future. It's perhaps the most realistic FF we've seen to date. Like I said, it's not as overblown as earlier Final Fantasies, it's almost minimalistic, in a sense. The characters don't perform "impossible" moves that defy gravity or anything else of that matter.

Like with all Final Fantasies, FFXIII either doesn't just copy & paste the gameplay system of the previous games directly, but adds in it and changes it enough to make it feel fresh. To me it seems like FFXIII will be taking the best things from each system (older type, turn-based battles and the FFXII type battles). The things copied from FFXII are the exclusion of random battles, as well as the fact that you can move your characters during battle. From older Final Fantasies, they are trying to bring the "pick-your-moves-carefully" kind of approach to battles and not make the battles as automated as they are in FFXII. So once again, you'll have to choose to attack whenever you want to do so and not just let the AI/Gambits do it.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Thread Information