Latest PSU headlines:

East7

why am i only getting 50% wireless strength?

this is not right. my laptop in the same rooms getting 5 bars which is the maximum.

what's up with that? its slow as hell surfing the web.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Tha_Legend
    Check your connections carefully.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Tyrade
    antenna in the ps3 isnt the best...all i can say...but im fine all over my house so sry dude

like.no.other
    Is there no way you can cable your PS3 via ethernet?
    Phat boy gone slim!

East7
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Is there no way you can cable your PS3 via ethernet?
    im not very fond of ethernet fragile cables. i brought the 60gig solely the purpose of wireless, not ethernet.

this is really bothersome, how could they release 500+k units with defected wireless singnals?

if they're unable to fix this with firmware then im gonna return this sh!t back.

as i stated in a previous thread, it depends on where your wireless router is, and where exactly the ps3 is also. if you are keeping it in a drawer or in a section (i dont know how to say it in english, kind of like an entertainment center or a cupboard), the signal is more obstacles to go thru.

bandit22
    You may want to change your wireless broadcast to a channel that is more appropiate for that range. I had this problem with my laptop once and that fixed it.

Different channels are optimized for different ranges of the equipment that is using the router. check your router FAQ, or do some searches on the internet.

East7
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu^ View Post
    as i stated in a previous thread, it depends on where your wireless router is, and where exactly the ps3 is also. if you are keeping it in a drawer or in a section (i dont know how to say it in english, kind of like an entertainment center or a cupboard), the signal is more obstacles to go thru.
    seems like alot of people on here have issues with their wireless aswell.like ive said my laptop gets strong signals in the same room.

it could be that the ps3's Wi-fi adapter is either faulty or just doesnt get decent reception.

Why does my ps3 wireless connection keep going on and off?

ive got a connection established and for some reason it just keeps going on and off every 2 minutes. anybody else have a similar problem???? this is bs!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by pingu^ View Post
    as pingu said, its possible that it could be the distance from your wireless router and ps3 but if its not then i dunno

good luck on fixing it

Please send me a private message re: Wired connections

Got a PS3 (60g) for Christmas. Yay me! Only I have a major problem here. The PS3 will not connect to the network when using a WIRED connection, straight from the cable modem to the machine. *sighs* It is REALLY bugging me out. It does find a wireless connection (not mine and not going bandwidth pirating....argh me matey) and can connect to it, but when I stick in the wired connection, it won't even find the IP address. (Motorola Cable Modem)
    I have 360 and XBox Live, and connect using a similar method of just plugging it straight in and no problems there! I check the network settings on XBox, copy down the IP information and plug that into the PS3's info, it finds the IP address, but then won't connect to the network. I'm seriously stumped. Am I missing something? ANY Help would be greatly appreciated. I would have started my own thread but it said I did not have permission.

Apprentice

Coy - make sure you incrememnt the IP address a bit - it can't be shared with another device.

East7 - maybe the orientation of the arial is important? Is the PS3 vertical/horizontal?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Coy - make sure you incrememnt the IP address a bit - it can't be shared with another device.

East7 - maybe the orientation of the arial is important? Is the PS3 vertical/horizontal?
    Yeah, I know they can't be "shared" per se, but they aren't on at the same time, and isn't my ip address static? So I can use the same address for both cause I just unplug one and plug the other in.

Superior Member

If you are connecting directly to the cable modem, the reason it will not get an IP is because the cable modem uses MAC address to register the IP to give the machine. The easiest way to fix that is hardboot your modem. In other words unplug your modem for 10-30 seconds and plug it back in. This should then give the modem the MAC address for your PS3 which should then allow it to assign the IP to it. You may need to do this again for the XBOX and computer when you plug it in.

Apprentice

well ether theres somthin wrong with ur router or theres somthing wrong with the wifi in ur ps3 or its somthin else entirely

Superior Member

On your laptop download netstumbler. Run that, i guess your channel is still 7? See what other networks are around, maybe less on 1 or 11? From that test set yours to 1 used less.
    PS3プログラマー

Thread Information