Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Elder

Rumor: Wii Darts Game Coming? Beer Drinkers Excited

i cannot stress enough how much i'm thinking about picking up a Wii.. with every thread I make in this forum I get more excited

Could this day get any better? For anyone sick of having to exert themselves playing Wii Sports, salvation is at hand. In the form of a darts game. For realz.

In an interview with Veronica Magazine in The Netherlands (the Dutch TV Guide), pro darts player Raymond Van Barneveld said:

I'm thinking about making a darts game that you can download for your mobile phone. It would be great if that game becomes reality, but I hope that Nintendo's darts game hits the shelves. I'm in it too. The first pictures have already been made, so there's an bit chance that the game will hit the shelves.
    Pint in one hand, Wii Remote in the other, playing darts. My life would be complete.
    Source: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/darts/r...ted-226211.php

Samsung HL-S5087W 50" DLP Display
    Yamaha RX-V2700 AV Receiver
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium
    Sony Playstation 3 @ 1080p

Sockpuppet
    The guy in that picture is the epitome of an Elite Athlete, check out that body.....

I don't see a dart game by itself taking off really, if anything I'd hazard to guess that it would appear in some Pub Games compilation, much like Clubhouse Games on DS.

AndrewB
    I imagine one would hold the wiimote like a pencil and release A to release a dart.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    The guy in that picture is the epitome of an Elite Athlete, check out that body.....
    Lol nice.

During the Barneveld vs Taylor final (unbelievable final!!) me and my brother where actually talking about how good it would be to have a darts game on the Wii.

Its good news to see it arriving (or possibly,) but I somehow doubt it'll be all that great. Unless the devs really do put the effort in, it will likely just be a poor game.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    I imagine one would hold the wiimote like a pencil and release A to release a dart.
    Really, I thought you would swing it round your head and let go by flicking the nunchuck.

Either way, there is potential for more Wii related TV carnage! I can't wait for an Ice Hockey game where we can really see the Wiimote and Nunchuck potential!

Xaor
    If true, this is hilarious.

Darts is a game that you can play anywhere, anytime. I can see the point of tennis on a console, but darts?!

BigD08
    Darts would be a great game. I might buy a Wii if they did come out with some games like that. I'm onboard for it.

Elite Sage

There's a darts minigame in Super Monkey Ball. It's pretty fun.

Superior Member
    I often have the old winmau out at my house for a serious game of darts,
    it's a sport/game I've played since I was a kid.

If the wii can get darts right, then it can get a lot of sports right, but if there's no
    real skill to it then you may as well use a joypad... and a different console.

Forum Sage
    Darts is incredibly fun (however I cannot drink), and I would love it if they could really come up with a game of Darts for the Wii. I wonder if you can get the ability (and if Nintendo will make it) to get all of the Wii Sports games made, mainly because that would be an awesome package right there, it would keep you busy for many many hours.

Thanks VENGEFUL_BLUR for the avatar and spyrde for the sig!

Cogito ergo sum. - "I think, therefore I am."

Elite Member
    Maybe it will be a part of wii sports 2?

PNP: dizzan

Most anticipated: Next Pes, Uncharted, 8 days, HS, Mario Gal, Alan Wake

Forum Sage
    If anyone thought Wii Sports made Wiimotes fly, and this in sports games that don't even require you to let go of the racket etc. you're supposedly swinging, then Wii Darts is just going to give birth to millions of broken TVs. You're actually supposed to "throw" the dart, whereas you just swing the tennis racket, golf club etc.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    If anyone thought Wii Sports made Wiimotes fly, and this in sports games that don't even require you to let go of the racket etc. you're supposedly swinging, then Wii Darts is just going to give birth to millions of broken TVs. You're actually supposed to "throw" the dart, whereas you just swing the tennis racket, golf club etc.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing..

Maybe they'll come up with some sort of tether to connect it to your wrist so you can actually throw it but only for a foot or so?

Thread Information