Latest PSU headlines:

Banned

Post your GT:HD Rankings

I've only been running a few cars, but I've got a:

(All ranks are forward)
    64 in the regular 94 Lancer Evo
    87 in the regular Ferrari

and somehow...
    #1 in the tuned Nissan Skyline! I dunno how long it'll stay like that though. The funny thing is I didn't think it was a fast lap when I was playing.

Superior Member
    That's funny, I was about to make a thread like this. Wow at the #1.

My best was the tuned 2005 Evo, #16, 10.8 seconds.

You're not #1 for the tuned skyline. At least, not anymore. But, I'm #7 and now I'm hungry for #1. Monkeyonabike is #1.

Please do not double post. - Keesie
    Can't wait to get a flat panel. I just might have to splurge when GT5 comes out. I can't just not be able to play when I'm moving between work and school.

Elite Member
    I'm like 34 for tuned ferrari 599, and in the 10-20 range for alot of other cars. Can't seem to break the 10 mark, probably because I use automatic
    PSN ID: solinent | I accept all friend requests! |
    *insert generic quote about the ps3 taking over including bold for maximum effect (colors and size changes also apply)*

I think there was a thread already with the same topic.
    Im on the top 10 of most tuned cars on the normal course.
    look me up.
    PSN ID: Niks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipeme View Post
    You're not #1 for the tuned skyline. At least, not anymore. But, I'm #7 and now I'm hungry for #1. Monkeyonabike is #1.
    Yeah, I'm not anymore. I've been bumped down pretty far. I need to find .6 seconds somewhere. I think the problem is the big sweeper before the tunnel. I'm loosing too much speed there.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Yeah, I'm not anymore. I've been bumped down pretty far. I need to find .6 seconds somewhere. I think the problem is the big sweeper before the tunnel. I'm loosing too much speed there.
    You have to accelerate fairly early on that part. Which car are you using?
    *insert generic quote about the ps3 taking over including bold for maximum effect (colors and size changes also apply)*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solinent View Post
    You have to accelerate fairly early on that part. Which car are you using?
    Tuned Nissan Skyline. I'm trying to brake fairly early then drift through the turn, but I can never get it right. I always punch it too early or too late.

Veteran
    The last time I checked the best I got was 16th with the tuned Skyline. That was a week ago so I've probably dropped a lot since then. I'm kinda pissed because I got a 1:10:4xx but wasn't connected to PSN to submit it

Banned
    That's actually the same time I got #1 with yesterday. But I'm down to 13.

Superior Member
    Hmm, well as a tip for what I did, just go in sort of fast 65-70 and slow through the turn without brakes, and you should be at the outside of the turn by the apex, and hit the gas (in 4th gear) toward the inside and you should hold it and have a fast time through the section. Drifting usually just slows you down, unless it's not a big angle you're drifting at...

*9.2 with tuned skyline* (forward)
    Can't wait to get a flat panel. I just might have to splurge when GT5 comes out. I can't just not be able to play when I'm moving between work and school.

Elite Member
    I got 18 with tuned skyline. That was my second lap and I just called it quits. I went to play more resistance lol.

EDIT:

I suck at the sweeper with the skyline. I'm ok at it if I go to manual, but I can't do a think in automatic (it shifts down to gear 2 and I lose like .2 there!). My time is quite off though. I'm gonna go play now lol :P

Dedicated Member
    I've only tried to pull off a good time with the Ferrari 599 [forward], not sure where im at now but i was #22 last night, i'll try to practice some more tonight.

Elite Member

I've only been running a few cars, but I've got a:

(All ranks are forward)
    64 in the regular 94 Lancer Evo
    87 in the regular Ferrari

and somehow...
    #1 in the tuned Nissan Skyline! I dunno how long it'll stay like that though. The funny thing is I didn't think it was a fast lap when I was playing.
    number 14 with a 1'12.679 in the tuned lotus elis 111R
    You need permission from the members to use their quotes. Memeber wanted his removed

Forum Elder
    wow... you guys seem to be awesome players.... anyway, i need some tips, for example, why do i lose a lot of speed when i turn

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    wow... you guys seem to be awesome players.... anyway, i need some tips, for example, why do i lose a lot of speed when i turn
    yea i know i dunno i havent played a GT in awhile so when i tried this one i was sucky it seems like when i get ready for a turn i have to like almost completely stop just to get by because the car WONT turn lol tips would be nice..

I have a 56k internet connection and ( yea shame on me lol) i would like to know how i would be ranked on GT:HD in the

Drift - Forward - with the Skyline

My best score up to now is 7520

And it would be cool is you could post your own drift top score so we can compare

THX
    PSN: Friend request always accepted
    JiMMyLeDOY

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ST View Post
    yea i know i dunno i havent played a GT in awhile so when i tried this one i was sucky it seems like when i get ready for a turn i have to like almost completely stop just to get by because the car WONT turn lol tips would be nice..
    Turn of ALL the aids and you'll be back to what GT feels like. It's alot more slippery b/c of the coldness of the track (and therefore less traction). Turn of stability and the other one (it's a number set it to 0). What it's doing is breaking for you so that you don't lose control. To compensate, just dont' press X all the way down while taking a turn to keep your traction. (Normally I just do that until I hit the apex and then press it alot and the car "drifts" into position).

I was disappointed until I found out about that

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by STL.GANGSTER View Post
    number 14 with a 1'12.679 in the tuned lotus elis 111R
    My best so far with the tuned Lotus is 1:14.891 and 1:12.730 with the Ferrari. There are a few places that I could pick up a few tenths here and there. I consider myself a pretty good GT player, but I am not near the best.

My top tips include

1. MEMORIZE the track to the point that you know just about every square inch of it. You must learn the optimal apex for every corner because it is not always in the middle of the corner. Entry and exits from a turn are more important then the turn itself. If you miss an entry, you will most likely every other part of the turn and lose a few tenths. If you miss the exit, it either throws you off for reaching maximum speed in the straits, or you can't hit the entry for the next corner. If you know how you need to enter and exit, the main part of the turn will get better.

2. Try to get the feel for the physics of the game, and the behavior of the car. That is the hardest part for most people because they are expecting an arcade style racer where you can hold the gas all the way through the corners or the car is a LOT more stable then it is in real life. I'm speaking of games like NFS: Underground and Carbon. If you miss a turn on those games you can usually hit the brake really hard and stop the car. In GT, if you miss a turn and slam the brake you will lose traction and slide into the wall or something. If you over correct in GT, it's nothing for your car to just swing all the way around, and before you know it, you are going backwards.
    "Knowledge is power"
    My Blog

Superior Member
    I had #6 with the tuned skyline going forward with a time of 1:09.2. I was pretty pumped about the time, but top 5 would have been better. I believe I'm under a second from #1, though.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solinent View Post
    Turn of ALL the aids and you'll be back to what GT feels like. It's alot more slippery b/c of the coldness of the track (and therefore less traction). Turn of stability and the other one (it's a number set it to 0). What it's doing is breaking for you so that you don't lose control. To compensate, just dont' press X all the way down while taking a turn to keep your traction. (Normally I just do that until I hit the apex and then press it alot and the car "drifts" into position).

I was disappointed until I found out about that
    thank you so much... seriously. i was getting so pissed about that. and when it came time to do the drift times... forget it. i couldn't drift to save my life. especially after being so good at in NFS:C.

Quote Originally Posted by knowitman
    My top tips include

1. MEMORIZE the track to the point that you know just about every square inch of it. You must learn the optimal apex for every corner because it is not always in the middle of the corner. Entry and exits from a turn are more important then the turn itself. If you miss an entry, you will most likely every other part of the turn and lose a few tenths. If you miss the exit, it either throws you off for reaching maximum speed in the straits, or you can't hit the entry for the next corner. If you know how you need to enter and exit, the main part of the turn will get better.

2. Try to get the feel for the physics of the game, and the behavior of the car. That is the hardest part for most people because they are expecting an arcade style racer where you can hold the gas all the way through the corners or the car is a LOT more stable then it is in real life. I'm speaking of games like NFS: Underground and Carbon. If you miss a turn on those games you can usually hit the brake really hard and stop the car. In GT, if you miss a turn and slam the brake you will lose traction and slide into the wall or something. If you over correct in GT, it's nothing for your car to just swing all the way around, and before you know it, you are going backwards.
    good tips, my man. as i stated before, i am good at NFS:C and i beat it in a few days. after playing that for however many hours and then going to GTA:HD, i just couldn't figure it out. i'm just like... man i suck. WTF!? anyway, seems like i have some practicing to do.

any more tips would be appreciated, from me and all the other GTA newbs out there. (this is the first GTA i've ever played... i've been a test drive / NFS junkie in racing department, even motorstorm, but whatever.)

Welcome to the Gem...

I'm up to averaging about 40-50 with all cars in the drifting but I know I'm not match for most in the time trials. I have a few scores in the top 100 on time trials.

Question: Is there anyway to find out how many people are ranked? Am I 50/2000? 50/5000? Cause I think it makes a difference or at least I'll feel better about spending a whole day to improve my scores.
    PSN: Jetdriver
    ...and yes, I really do drive a jet (CRJ900)
    Toshiba 47"LX196 1080P
    60Gb PS3

brandonppr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Driver View Post

Question: Is there anyway to find out how many people are ranked? Am I 50/2000? 50/5000? Cause I think it makes a difference or at least I'll feel better about spending a whole day to improve my scores.
    pick a car you have not raced yet and go really slow I mean stop for a while and try to get like a 3min time. then you should be close to last.

ATL
    Since v1.1 was released on the 10th, rankings have been reset. Give it some more time until the word gets out that the new version is available and you should see some higher numbers.

I don't know where I stand now, but I place decently with the normal cars. Since you guys do tuned, I'll start running them. You may still see me on the board if my times didn't get mirked.
    ~pnp

Playing: GTHD@1080p
    Bored of: COD3
    PSN: iampnp

Dedicated Member
    i was number 2 with the tuned g35

Thread Information