Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

can the ps3 be modded to play back ups?

can the ps3 modded to play back ups like the xbox 360?

Quote Originally Posted by arif View Post

No....go and buy the games and support sony.

running isos on the hardrive is coming soon. paradox have already released most of the games out now.

Tekken Elder
    In the future it will be of course. But dont support piracy on the PS3, Sony needs to sell games !
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Superior Member
    Even if it does, games will be crippled without online support. Motorstorm, F1 and Resitance without online is unthinkable.

Piracy will kill the industry. You might think that piracy is o.k. since the game market seems doing good. But that doesn't mean that the this can go on like this. The reason the market is doing ok is because a lot of innocent gamers bleeding for the scums. Who know what's left in them.

Superior Member

This isn't exactly the best website/forum to look around for this kind of stuff.

Superior Member

i have to games are three times the amount in my country, sorry but i bought pirate games for my ps1 and ps2 and eventually i will buy it for the ps3 i hope

like.no.other
    Yes, just like every other console before it, the PS3 will get hacked open and used against itself to allow people to run whatever they want from the HDD. Almost pointless asking really...
    Phat boy gone slim!

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Yes, just like every other console before it, the PS3 will get hacked open and used against itself to allow people to run whatever they want from the HDD. Almost pointless asking really...
    But I think that the hacking of the Cell will take more time than hacking a normal processor. Am I right?
    "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

Apprentice
    mod delete this thread, i hate morons who support piracy.

Dedicated Member

i have to games are three times the amount in my country, sorry but i bought pirate games for my ps1 and ps2 and eventually i will buy it for the ps3 i hope

Why don't you get a job then?

Apprentice
    maybe if u were in his situation u would do the same, i would not pay 180 dollars for a game hahahaa are u kidding me, i dont like piracy but i cant say i blame him ????

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnakillu View Post
    maybe if u were in his situation u would do the same, i would not pay 180 dollars for a game hahahaa are u kidding me, i dont like piracy but i cant say i blame him ????
    I would get a job and save up money.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IhateBestBuy View Post
    mod delete this thread, i hate morons who support piracy.
    Close a thread because you want? That's a little selfish request, but I couldn't agree with you more. Piracy sucks ass, at least on PS3 i want to have real games. I think that modding Xbox as a media center is OK, but burning 50+ games for free just sucks. When I pirate games(on computer, and the amount is as minimal as it can get), I don't worship the games as much as I would if they were on legit discs and cases. If I buy a game, I know that I've put something on the line to get the product, and I give some value to it.

On PS3 I'm gonna buy lots of games, without modding the console any time soon.

Piracy is a crime. Piracy sucks, on consoles at least. This is just me.
    "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

Quote Originally Posted by [velocity] View Post
    Close a thread because you want? That's a little selfish request, but I couldn't agree with you more. Piracy sucks ass, at least on PS3 i want to have real games. I think that modding Xbox as a media center is OK, but burning 50+ games for free just sucks. When I pirate games(on computer, and the amount is as minimal as it can get), I don't worship the games as much as I would if they were on legit discs and cases. If I buy a game, I know that I've put something on the line to get the product, and I give some value to it.

On PS3 I'm gonna buy lots of games, without modding the console any time soon.

Piracy is a crime. Piracy sucks, on consoles at least. This is just me.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have pirated games with PS2 mostly in the latter years and when I did I took them for granted. There are games that I downloaded, played once, and possibly twice and then just stored them in my CD case. I am sure if I bought those games, I would have definetely played them more. But then again I wouldn't have played as many games.

Piracy is obviously bad but sometimes you just can't resist when it's so easy. Of course this doesn't make it ok.

Apprentice
    Ur going to spend 180 dollars on a game?? i think not, Maybe they should set up something so people in his country can buy them cheaper ??? NO-ONE in there right mind would pay 180 dollars for one game, i agree piracy is killing industries BUT so is price gouging they turn people to piracy, i buy my games and will always buy my games but not for 180 dollars. and if you really are 14 what room do you have to tell anyone you would get a job im 22 been working since i was 13 and have earned everything i ever bought but i will not buy 180 dollar games i would pirate before that. But to see that a 14 yo has that type of morals makes me believe the world isnt lost to younger generations

Apprentice
    bullllllllllllllllllllllllll freakinggggggggggggggg ****

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnakillu View Post
    Ur going to spend 180 dollars on a game?? i think not, Maybe they should set up something so people in his country can buy them cheaper ??? NO-ONE in there right mind would pay 180 dollars for one game, i agree piracy is killing industries BUT so is price gouging they turn people to piracy, i buy my games and will always buy my games but not for 180 dollars. and if you really are 14 what room do you have to tell anyone you would get a job im 22 been working since i was 13 and have earned everything i ever bought but i will not buy 180 dollar games i would pirate before that. But to see that a 14 yo has that type of morals makes me believe the world isnt lost to younger generations
    I wouldn't spend 3797.13 for a PlayStation 3, but he can apparently so really money should be no problem.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by IhateBestBuy View Post
    bullllllllllllllllllllllllll freakinggggggggggggggg ****
    The games might not cost three times more if converted from dollars to his currency but I'm sure he gets paid three hundred times less.

Superior Member
    if it is then indonesia might be among the first to know.
    but i don't support piracy (i got only less than 5 backup games, while indonesians mostly got hundreds of it). I support the making of modchip only to play games from other region
    Owner of JPN PLAYSTATION 3 60 GB (18 Dec 06)

Owner of Windows Vista Ultimate (30 Jan 07)

SuperSJ-PS3
    I never done it, even though some of my friends told me and even offer to do it for me on my ps2. I'm just too lazy for this kind of stuff and don't want to wast my time burning and DLing games. It took me a whole or sometime even 2 days to DL a 700mb file, and I don't even want to think about DLing a 15gb+ file off of any users online.

I got a 6mbps cable connection service...

Apprentice
    The games might not cost three times more if converted from dollars to his currency
    Trust me, 600 dollars are more than 1800 argentinian pesos, which is tough.
    I wouldn't spend 3797.13 for a PlayStation 3, but he can apparently so really money should be no problem.
    I can afford to pay 1800 for the PS3, but games are a different story.

Piracy sucks, on consoles at least.
    You choose which one to be against of? Why would you care, anyways?

At least someone... I'm 14, and I'm doing whatever I can to afford the console, but certain things are out of my limits. Someone could say "If you can't afford it, then don't buy it. It's a luxury that you can't have", but it'd be a selfish point of view.

(Sorry for my english, it's not my first language)

Piracy may be a bit tough on the PS3 for a number of reasons, first off you have cost of blu ray drive and media, but more importantly, like the PSP, the system updates can easily be made to prevent hacks from continually working. So yeah, it will probably be possible, but the system updates may be the key just like on the PSP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    i'm more interested in playing PS2 backups from HDD then PS3 titles

Samsung HL-S5087W 50" DLP Display
    Yamaha RX-V2700 AV Receiver
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium
    Sony Playstation 3 @ 1080p

swap magic works for ps2 games

I love it when kids complain about piracy. they don't even know about money in the first place when mommy buys every game they want. if sony really cared about their consumers (without them they would be nothing) they would give them all PS3s for free. Why? because they could afford it and it wouldn't hurt them.

what's with the hypocrites that are mad about sony piracy, but download computer games. that's even worse, most computer games are from the little companies that scrape by after the publisher rapes them.

Thread Information