Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 188
  1. #76
    Sockpuppet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    I haven't noticed that.

    I do have to agree the Wiimote does seem a little off in WiiSports Tennis, as with Boxing aswell. In general however, I haven't had a problem with it; any mishaps I have had with the games and Wiimote in general stem more or less from the software side of things in the calibration. I'm expecting this to be a problem initially (Red Steel anyone.....) but the kinks will get ironed out. I can't go back to any of the past Zelda's after using the Wiimote combo in TP, it just makes it so much easier and enjoyable.

    As to sixaxis getting the award I'm also quite miffed. Feature for feature, the Wiimote does everything the Sixaxis does and more. I'm hearing about lag and what have you with the Wiimote but I attribute this to either A: software calibration or B: sensor bar / user error. You only need to see the E3 demo of Warhawk to understand how software calibration can make a 'big' difference in how well the control itself works.

    Ergonomically I can't stand the shape of the Sony controller, it's cramp inducing to my hands. I never owned the original Playstation so my hands just didn't seem to adapt to the controller, the PS2's analogues I never really came to grips with and when I saw the PS3 controller I was really disappointed to see they are using that same shape again. I understand if you had the previous two consoles the PS3 controller will be immediately comfortable but I still can't come to grips (scuse pun) with it.

    Anyway long story short, Sixaxis wouldn't have got the gong imo. I'd like to see the notes and criteria they based this decision on.

  2. #77
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,347
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    2,156 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0804 View Post
    but I found the PS button very well functioned. You can quit game, turn on and off controllers and as well as turn on and off of the system.
    If you tell me this is why the SIXAXIS is innovative I will head butt the wall out of sheer frustration!

  3. #78
    silentmemory
    Guest
    Sony weren't showered with rewards, they were pelted with them.

    Nintendo actually received the award for controller innovation, but accidentally threw it at Sony when they were excitedly waving it around

  4. #79
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,081
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,575 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    I don't know, maybe he has played a Wii. However, I've never seen any thing like a "1-2 second delay". Indeed, I've never seen any delay I could perceive at all, on any action. So it seems sort of like he's either passing on something someone else said, or misstating his own experiences.
    I've tried the Wii out briefly at my friend's house (...didn't try it for very long, played Wii bowling) and I did not notice any delay, however, it is not fair to say that the PS controller suffers from it in response when the only time you have to re-sync it is when you are playing PS2 games. ONLY PS2 GAMES. PS2 used wired controllers.....the games for it try to detect a connected controller.....

  5. #80
    Sockpuppet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 0804 View Post
    the sixaxis may feel a little cheasy but I found the PS button very well functioned. You can quit game, turn on and off controllers and as well as turn on and off of the system. Wii may be a better controller but the sixaxis can work as a remote and a controller which i think would be a all around player.
    Ironically all the features you mentioned about quitting games, turning the console on and off etc are done in the Xbox360's 'Guide' button not to mention also found in the Wii's 'Wii Menu' button

  6. #81
    narutoboy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    Fair enough. Still, it's a point of failure that renders the end user helpless. The Wiimote is immune to this problem.

    And the point still stands about having to put your game on hold...
    By the time something like that would happen would be years away (I mean VERY far down the road), you'd probably have many other controllers for the system by now, and by that time Sony brand controllers are going to be down to a few bucks, so it isn't as big of deal as people make. I know the wiimote is immune to it, but I still rather have a rechargeable unit, just like when I my gba sp.

    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    by saying that regardless of the list, or facts upon that list, the delusional wii fan will say 'nope' you are implying that they will answer 'nintendo is better' in the face of reason. that comes pretty close to the definition of a fanboy.

    besides i said troll/fanboy etc.....
    basically name calling will not help.
    That sounds like an assumption to me. Point is I never used the words and I wasn't trying to hint at them either . That is one of the characteristics of one, I guess, but do you see people say "ooooooh, you just cussed" after someone says your a "whiney" person, just because that's a characteristic of a b****? I don't believe so. That's what you basically did.

  7. #82
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,081
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,575 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Ironically all the features you mentioned about quitting games, turning the console on and off etc are done in the Xbox360's 'Guide' button not to mention also found in the Wii's 'Wii Menu' button
    One can easily say that Xbox took the Home button function from the PSP which came out before it. There are also other devices that have done it before. I wouldn't call that copying.

  8. #83
    Sockpuppet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    One can easily say that Xbox took the Home button function from the PSP which came out before it. There are also other devices that have done it before. I wouldn't call that copying.
    Where's the copying in my quote?

  9. #84
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,347
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    2,156 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboy View Post
    By the time something like that would happen would be years away (I mean VERY far down the road), you'd probably have many other controllers for the system by now, and by that time Sony brand controllers are going to be down to a few bucks, so it isn't as big of deal as people make. I know the wiimote is immune to it, but I still rather have a rechargeable unit, just like when I my gba sp.


    That sounds like an assumption to. Point is I never used the words and I wasn't trying to hint at them either . That is one of the characteristics of one I guess, but do you see people say "ooooooh, you just cussed" after someone says your a "whiney" person, just because that's a characteristic of b****? I don't believe so. That's what you basically did.
    ok, ok. Please can we leave that subject there; it's getting nowhere. This is a pro-Sony thread remember - no need to hi-jack this one.

  10. #85
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,081
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,575 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Where's the copying in my quote?
    Sorry. I thought you were suggesting that Sony copied. I've seen people do that at so many forums that I thought you were doing the same.

  11. #86
    Sockpuppet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Sorry. I thought you were suggesting that Sony copied. I've seen people do that at so many forums that I thought you were doing the same.
    No probs.

    25 characters or something.

  12. #87
    narutoboy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rikwakefield View Post
    ok, ok. Please can we leave that subject there; it's getting nowhere. This is a pro-Sony thread remember - no need to hi-jack this one.
    That was already done by the many people saying the award should've gone to the Wiimote, instead of having the decency to at least give props to Sony for their acheivement.

  13. #88
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,347
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    2,156 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboy View Post
    That was already done by the many people saying the award should've gone to the Wiimote, instead of having the decency to at least give props to Sony for their acheivement.
    No the subject was about controllers, discussing the competitors controller is on topic.

    Arguing about whether you called Wii owners delusional/fanboys or whatever is not.

    Please, back to the controllers.....

  14. #89
    Sockpuppet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboy View Post
    That was already done by the many people saying the award should've gone to the Wiimote, instead of having the decency to at least give props to Sony for their acheivement.
    I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a discussion on the validity of the award and to see peoples opinions on why or why they did not think the award should have gone to the Sixaxis.

    Unless you're implying all threads should read Sony be Praised followed by a big group hug. I don't see anything wrong with people disagreeing with the award. If Microsoft or Nintendo had taken the award and you felt Sony should have got it, I'd imagine you would be happy to jump in and share your view on the matter.

  15. #90
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    6,603 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    There is no need for you to continue this discussion. He didn't call anyone a troll or fanboy. If you want to twist his words to say that he did....it's just you.
    Thank you for that. Im not that fussed if you think there is a need for me to continue this discussion.

    Its similar to me stating that 'only delusional sony fans without a clue' could possibly think that the wii-mote had lag.

    The same applies for the 'delusional wii fans' comment - its insulting to suggest that someone who owns a wii can't disagree with the list beerfest suggested without being 'delusional' and 'without a clue'.
    Its flamebait, intended or not.

    Although the edit does make it appear more acceptable narutoboy, thank you.

    I personally think beerfest is right. a list would have minimised such bickering.

  16. #91
    narutoboy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Ironically all the features you mentioned about quitting games, turning the console on and off etc are done in the Xbox360's 'Guide' button not to mention also found in the Wii's 'Wii Menu' button
    Yes, but they're most definitely great features to have

    Quote Originally Posted by rikwakefield View Post
    No the subject was about controllers, discussing the competitors controller is on topic.

    Arguing about whether you called Wii owners delusional/fanboys or whatever is not.

    Please, back to the controllers.....
    That would be the fault of the mod and the other guy accusing me of something I didn't do. Don't post to me about it....

    (my last post on this)

  17. #92
    Sockpuppet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboy View Post
    That would be the fault of the mod and the other guy accusing me of something I didn't do. Don't post to me about it....

    (my last post about this)
    I'm sorry but I read into your post exactly as they pointed out. It wouldn't be the first time neither. Whether you do that intentionally or have trouble conveying what you really meant I'm not sure.

  18. #93
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    46
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    140 (0 Banked)
    I think the SIXAXIS is OK, but award worthy? I don't know. All I do know is that there are no reports of people being mauled while using one, I guess that was its strongest point.

    Paladin

  19. #94
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    6,603 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboy View Post
    That sounds like an assumption to me. Point is I never used the words and I wasn't trying to hint at them either . That is one of the characteristics of one, I guess, but do you see people say "ooooooh, you just cussed" after someone says your a "whiney" person, just because that's a characteristic of a b****? I don't believe so. That's what you basically did.
    whatever. you not only used a derogatory term in conjunction with the 'wii fans' but you additionally inferred at the same time that 'wii fans' could not possibly react logically to a list.

    Why should they do that? Wii fans are just going to take each reason given piece by piece. You can list any reason in the book and the delusional wii fans will say "Nope"

  20. #95
    Super Elite
    woy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    TEXAS
    PSN ID
    FIREKNIGHT2029
    Posts
    2,174
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    179 (0 Banked)
    Good for Sony. Good to see they are being awarded for their efforts.

  21. #96
    Master Poster
    EMAGDNIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,223
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    2,583 (0 Banked)
    I thought this was going to be about their new tv sets coming out...I was wrong...

    Sony SXRD VPL-VW50 w/ 100" Da-lite Fixed Screen

    Sony KDL-55XBR8, Samsung BDP-3600 BR Player, Black Cloud 160GB & X Box 360 Elite

  22. #97
    narutoboy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I'm sorry but I read into your post exactly as they pointed out. It wouldn't be the first time neither. Whether you do that intentionally or have trouble conveying what you really meant I'm not sure.
    Wow, you try to stop posting about it and they drag you back in, my gosh . I'm not going to be blamed for others leading in to things and creating their own explanation for comments that aren't calling people anything remotely like a fanboy or a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    Thank you for that. Im not that fussed if you think there is a need for me to continue this discussion.

    Its similar to me stating that 'only delusional sony fans without a clue' could possibly think that the wii-mote had lag.

    The same applies for the 'delusional wii fans' comment - its insulting to suggest that someone who owns a wii can't disagree with the list beerfest suggested without being 'delusional' and 'without a clue'.
    Its flamebait, intended or not.

    Although the edit does make it appear more acceptable narutoboy, thank you.

    I personally think beerfest is right. a list would have minimised such bickering.
    Hmm, so now you're arguing that my comment itself was "insulting", what happened to me supposedly calling others fanboys and trolls . How sensitive do members have to be to find me calling someone delusional offensive or an insult . Ridiculous. I haven't edited anything

    Yea, i'm not surprised i'm given a "whatever" after countering what you posted and proving it makes no sense whatsoever. Just stop.

    Also, another failed assumption on your part. You seem to think that I include every wii owner and wii owners that would disagree in the loop with the ones I consider delusional. Well again, you're dead wrong. I'm sure some wii fans could give a great arguement, but some of the specific delusional ones on this board would just deny everything listed and give a poor explanation to why, so it would be lost cause to provide a list of reasons for the people.

    How about we stick to facts and what I actually typed, instead of poor assumptions. I'm sure if that's done things will move much smoother, thanks.

  23. #98
    Terikan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tre View Post
    Sony have done some great things, but SIXAXIS.... lol Its not even a good controller.
    It's better than the 360s and I prefer it over swinging my hands around like a jerkoff.

  24. #99
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    funny i own a ps3 love it,but the controller is not that great n u know it...

  25. #100
    narutoboy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by manny805 View Post
    funny i own a ps3 love it,but the controller is not that great n u know it...
    Why would you say that? Obviously ALOT of people think different and OBVIOUSLY the members who gave out the honors at CES thought different to. It's an opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terikan View Post
    It's better than the 360s and I prefer it over swinging my hands around like a jerkoff.
    Lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gears of War multiplayer video
    By spandexman in forum Xbox
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 01:20
  2. Could You Connect PSP Headset to PC?
    By themartinacster in forum PlayStation Legacy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 03:53
  3. Maruyama Talks
    By homer in forum Xbox
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 08:56

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.