Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbbest View Post
    With black glases on eys??

GOW cant come close to NG, or any last gen game on xbox, like Doom3, HL2, etc..

But yes, this is stupid, everybody have their own opinion..
    What are you talking about I Have NGB ,Doom3R and HL2 on my Xbox and God of
    War 2 still makes Me say wow!

Veteran
    You should check out the gaffers.

They are going Ape **** over in their thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137895

You know what the funny thing is though, I actually passed the first game up because I thought that it had too much hype for it.

I bought the game when it achieved greatest hits status for 20 dollars.
    I was completely blown away from start to finish.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    erm lol have you guys played ninja gaiden, before you flame me. im one of the biggest god of war fans, cant wait for number 2, but this doesnt match ninja gaiden on the xbox, i suggest you go play it, oh and ninja gaiden is like 2 years old.

god of war looks really good but lets not go completely insane.
    I hope you're talking only about graphics, in which case I have to say I agree. But to say GoW can't touch Ninja Gaiden as an overall game would be a false statement. Both have so many arguments to love one over the other, there's just no winner. Fact is they're both almost perfect in their execution, and no fan of this genre should take sides, rather enjoy both of them as the pinnacle of his favorite genre. It depends on the story which one you'd enjoy most I guess.

Mbbest
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    What are you talking about I Have NGB ,Doom3R and HL2 on my Xbox and God of
    War 2 still makes Me say wow!
    I have 90% of all games on xbox..and i played some games on PS2, usualy GT4. And now when look at videos i can say that GOW2 is great game, in everything, including gfx, but still gfx isnt in same level as NG, but yes, its better then most (80%) of xbox games wich is very strange when you look at ps2 hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Warrior View Post
    I hope you're talking only about graphics, in which case I have to say I agree. But to say GoW can't touch Ninja Gaiden as an overall game would be a false statement. Both have so many arguments to love one over the other, there's just no winner. Fact is they're both almost perfect in their execution, and no fan of this genre should take sides, rather enjoy both of them as the pinnacle of his favorite genre. It depends on the story which one you'd enjoy most I guess.
    Yes he talking about gfx.

But what makes you think that NG dont have better gameplay?? just look ng rating all over the net and you will see that all rankings are 95%+ and that didnt come only beacouse of gfx.

Lets back to topic, this isnt about ng.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    You should check out the gaffers.

They are going Ape **** over in their thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137895

You know what the funny thing is though, I actually passed the first game up because I thought that it had too much hype for it.

I bought the game when it achieved greatest hits status for 20 dollars.
    I was completely blown away from start to finish.
    Yeah look what I just jacked from one of the guys in that thread LOL

Veteran
    Yeah look what I just jacked from one of the guys in that thread LOL

Kratos is the toughest mother****er in gaming.

Dante is the coolest, nuff said.

Master Guru
    I have 90% of all games on xbox..and i played some games on PS2, usualy GT4. And now when look at videos i can say that GOW2 is great game, in everything, including gfx, but still gfx isnt in same level as NG, but yes, its better then most (80%) of xbox games wich is very strange when you look at ps2 hardware.
    I have about 92% of all the games on the xbox most I only played one time because I have two many.

Elite Member
    I was blown away when i 1st played GOW on the ps2. Aside from the fact these games are so pretty, Gow was probably the most complete game i have played. Everything about it was excellent, the gameplay, music & sound effects, story. I am so excited about GOW2 which is strange as its a last gen title.lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    What a fantastic looking game! This is one of the few games I can't help but have high expectations for, the first one blew me away. It's nice to know that the PS2 is still going strong, and at least for us late adopters(although I ordered a PS3 a few days ago). I'll be looking for this and Rogue Galaxy to round out my PS2 purchases.
    "My strategy has to be tragedy, catastrophe, and after this you'll call me your majesty..."

REFLEX
    I will defenitly be getting this game on RELEASE DAY!! Damn rights! Probably the last PS2 game I buy as well....

Elite Guru
    The most important thing that makes Sony much better than Microsoft and Nintendo combined is exactly this.

The continued support of their "old" gen when the new gen is released. They did it with the PS1 and now they are following this with the PS2. And regardless of what anyone says about GOW2 - it is just simply stunning!

Nintendo and Microsoft have simply dropped their respective consoles like hot cakes! Nice of them to take care of their current gen owners!!!

Everyone is going on about how PS3 is in "3rd place" of the next gen race, despite the fact it's not even out in Europe, or Australia and is selling well in relation to it's availability. Most important is the fact that the PS2 - yes TWO is selling better than them all along with more software! The PS2 will still be in production in 2008 and games until around 2010. Can you imagine how cheap it is to make the PS2 hardware these days? It is STILL it is retailling and selling for 100!

I'll definitely enjoy playing PS2 titles well into the PS3 launch and life span.

Master Poster
    Yes he talking about gfx.

But what makes you think that NG dont have better gameplay?? just look ng rating all over the net and you will see that all rankings are 95%+ and that didnt come only beacouse of gfx.

Lets back to topic, this isnt about ng.
    I just called both games the pinnacle of this genre, and still some people aren't satisfied. I've played both, and I wouldn't dare to call one better than the other. Oh and if you really want to go down the ratings route, NG got an avarage of 92.0%, NG Black 93.9%, GoW 93.2%, hardly any difference.

Superior Member

GodOfWar is just a copy of the acclaim game Gladiator
    PS3プログラマー

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by changing View Post
    GodOfWar is just a copy of the acclaim game Gladiator

Which system is that for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/811/811719/vids_1.html

How did this happen xbox GPU was more powerful then the PS2 and it had more ram. But ps2 ended up with what could be the best looking game of last gen ,could this be because of the Emotion Engine in the PS2 is everything that sony said it was back in 1999 ,and is this the samething thats going to happen with the Cell.
    So wait...you're saying we have to wait six years for the next gen to start?

Won't we be in the next, next gen by then

Forum Sage
    You can add GoW to the LOOOONG list of games considered to be a killer app for the ps2. GoW graphics resembles that of RE4. But GoW looks more slightly detailed than RE4.
    So wait...you're saying we have to wait six years for the next gen to start?
    Consoles have a maximum of 6 years of life before it becomes outdated.
    tfw you want to use signatures you made that are saved in DA but this place still have a signature size limitations after all these years
    lol

Elite Sage
    Consoles have a maximum of 6 years of life before it becomes outdated.
    The average lifespan is 5.
    Xbox and Gamecube died out at the age of 4. (with GC getting the kiss of life in December. )

Bodes well for the next few years of Playstation gaming.

The PS2 shouldn't even be capable of doing that, jeez i can't wait to see their PS3 project.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Dedicated Member
    Yeah the Playstation consoles usually have 6 years on them before they release the next iteration.

However the OP said that the next gen starts when sony says it does. Then he posted news about God of War 2. Which is a PS2 game that came out 6 and a half years after the PS2 debuted. So by that logic Sony stating that the next gen doesn't start with the PS3 until they say it does, and if you go by how long it took for the last next gen to start on the PS2(according to the original poster it started with GOW2), then next gen should start around 2012 on the PS3.

At which point I'll have been playing the PS4 for two months give or take

nexgen101
    Its a 7th gen game xbox was only 6th gen!! Once people realize ps2 had more time to develope they will see!! In all seriousness the reason there arent any xbox games that looks as good as GOW2 is because xbox is done no games are really being developed for it. I mean why would they when developers are making cash hand over fists with a 360 attach rate that nearing 6!!

Dedicated Member
    LMAO!!! WOW.... I will be purchasing this game when it comes out. That's why it's all about the games especially first party titles.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noble View Post
    Yeah the Playstation consoles usually have 6 years on them before they release the next iteration.

However the OP said that the next gen starts when sony says it does. Then he posted news about God of War 2. Which is a PS2 game that came out 6 and a half years after the PS2 debuted. So by that logic Sony stating that the next gen doesn't start with the PS3 until they say it does, and if you go by how long it took for the last next gen to start on the PS2(according to the original poster it started with GOW2), then next gen should start around 2012 on the PS3.

At which point I'll have been playing the PS4 for two months give or take
    It was clearly just a play on words. Chill out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looks good, I may by this to play on the PS3 as I sold my PS2.

Next gen started when I sold my last gen consoles for this gens consoles.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Super Elite
    I definitly have to get God of War soon, so I can play this game in march. It really does look amazing.

PS3 games owned
    Resistance fall of man
    Tekken 5 DR
    Motorstorm

Box art revealed:

Game is beeing optimized for HD :
    #2 - It's Being HD Optimized: As many players have upgraded to HDTVs since the original God of War shipped, God of War 2's programming team has spent quite a bit of time on making sure the game looks solid if players run it in high definition. "We're aware that there's a lot more HDTVs in the marketplace than there necessarily was a couple years ago," says Moss. "We spent a lot of time on making the resolution a bit higher, making sure art looks really nice on TVs, progressive scan -- all that kind of stuff."
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3155700

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wow.... If ever there was a way to pay the PS2 adieu, this is how it's done.

/salute

PS2, you were like a friend to me and this game does you justice!

For all of you getting your panties in a bunch about the next gen claim... Just remember that this PS2 outsold your 360 month for month. The next gen doesnt start until the CONSUMERS say it does, so stop being a bunch of knuckleheads.

Thread Information