Latest PSU headlines:

Rune_74

Shadow Run Stupidly Fun to Play

I used to play this game back in my highschool days....when I saw it was a first person shooter I was not so sure...but according to the qoutes in this thread (yeah I know it sucks to link a thread but it has all the hard work done for me) it is lookin good.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=501376

Elite Guru

It wasn't too long ago that everybody said that this game would suck. Seems like most of the game media thinks different.

Quote:
    "This is like one of the most fun multiplayer games I've ever played."-1up.com

Quote:
    "FASA is gearing up to deliver what should prove to change the way we not only think of first-person shooters, but the ways in which we play them as well."-Team X-Box

Quote:
    "Microsoft wants to transform the way multiplayer action games are played, and with Shadowrun, it has an impressive case for change"-Gamespot

Quote:
    "The gameplay is different than any other FPS I've picked up - it's fluid, strategic and quirky - and little I've read has done it justice."-Kotaku

Quote:
    "Our gameplay sessions were a lot of fun as we learned more and more on how to combine the game’s unique mix of weapons, tech and magic (sometime to the detriment of our character’s lives) and if the team can keep the balance of all of these features just right we think they could have a lot of converts from players from other games."-Firing Squad

Quote:
    "We got a chance to sit down with members of the development team and a number of other media outlets to test out the most recent build, and walked away impressed."-IGN

Quote:
    "Overall Shadowrun is a fast, frantic and fun team based game set in the Shadowrun universe."-Evil Avatar
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Sockpuppet
    Been hearing and seeing alot about this game but I'm just not interested in the least. Maybe I'm missing something?

discuit
    im not interested in the leastmaybe im missing something

C.T.E.
    Wow. How did I miss this. It looks good from the youtube stuff I checked out. teleporting and all that jazz........

Shadow Run would have made an awesome MMORPG!

Okay, I got that out of the way. I'm sure hundreds of people said that before since years ago.

I'm still not sold on the idea of making Shadow Run into an FPS. But if FASA has had that much time focusing on nothing but the MP gameplay?... they should bring something new to the table.

The gameplay movies seemed okay. The teleportation seemed odd though, when I play some FPS the lag makes it look like people are teleporting. When I play SR and there is lag, I'll just assume the guy was using TP.

The Old Man
    About 10 people on my friends list are playing the beta right now. Although they are under an NDA, all have said that it is an absolute blast to play and is a definite buy when released.

Xaor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
    About 10 people on my friends list are playing the beta right now. Although they are under an NDA, all have said that it is an absolute blast to play and is a definite buy when released.

The last beta I was in, for an MMORPG called Vanguard (NDA is off now, near release), we couldn't even tell people we were IN IT, let alone give feedback to anyone who WASN'T. Seems fairly lenient for Shadowrun..

Rune_74
    Vanguard the game that will bomb.

The Old Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaor View Post
    The last beta I was in, for an MMORPG called Vanguard (NDA is off now, near release), we couldn't even tell people we were IN IT, let alone give feedback to anyone who WASN'T. Seems fairly lenient for Shadowrun..
    Well when you see them playing the game on your friends list, it hard to deny it. I even had a couple of MS employees who were playing 'Pimps at Sea" during the alpha testing of Halo 3.

Thread Information