Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Captainnippon

PlayStation Network a HUGE SUCCESS

http://ps3.qj.net/Sony-Japan-s-PS3s-...g/49/aid/79514

And lastly, announcements were also made on the PlayStation network. It was recorded that the Net community was standing at 500,000 members since launch day, with 300,000 having already downloaded the Gran Turismo HD Concept demo.
    that's quarter of the people that owe a PS 3. and over 10% of the people download GT HD...

Dedicated Member
    Great news, the more people to play with, the better. Any idea how much longer the GT:HD Concept demo will be avaiable for free download?

Now Playing: The Beatles: Rock Band

Elite Member
    You do realise at this point last year Microsoft had 50% of users on Xbox Live?

It's a good achievement but it's not a 'Huge Sucess' when it's a free feature that anyone with Broadband and common sense should be using. I'm surprised it's only 25% TBH.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikleran View Post

It's a good achievement but it's not a 'Huge Sucess' when it's a free feature that anyone with Broadband and common sense should be using. I'm surprised it's only 25% TBH.
    Thanks for goign off topci and bring MS into this
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Elite Member

Yay! Good news, hopefully with the firmware updats that will be available for the online after the March launch it will get more popular, and obviously the numbers will rocket with all the new members.

| R:FOM | Motorstorm | Warhawk | Assassin's Creed | COD 4 | Burnout Paradise | GT5:P | GTA IV | MGS4 | LBP | Midnight Club: LA |

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Turnip View Post
    Yay! Good news, hopefully with the firmware updats that will be available for the online after the March launch it will get more popular, and obviously the numbers will rocket with all the new members.
    Yes, it will only get better!
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Master Poster

Um is it not free? OF COURSE it's a success for something that's free. If they charged for that service you think there'd be nearly that many people? Come now grasping at straws now aren't we?

Super Elite

PSN ID
    chainclutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainnippon View Post
    http://ps3.qj.net/Sony-Japan-s-PS3s-...g/49/aid/79514

that's quarter of the people that owe a PS 3. and over 10% of the people download GT HD...

yea i dont understand it either.. with over 1million PS3's already sold why is there only 500k users registered? for sure i thought this would be alot more. seems those damn **** just hate online gaming for real..

like.no.other

I might have known it wouldn't have been good enough for you! First you bring PGR3 into a SONY F1 game thread, and now Microsoft and Xbox live into this...

At this moment in time, the comparison is a little unfair. Most early adopters who picked up an Xbox 360 will have already had an Xbox, and quite likely, a Live account - a service that had been going for a long time prior to the Xbox 360. When you add onto the fact that SONYs previous "network" offering was rather lame, I'd say 25% is a damned good figure as people start to explore SONYs offering. At least there's a good chance that the majority of that 25% will be playing games online because they don't have to pay, unlike with Live. I know I will be playing games online with the PS3, but I wouldn't pay for live.
    Phat boy gone slim!

Master Poster
    lol, probably the same amount of people as the 360 had online by this point in time, as a lot fewer 360's were available at launch...

Then take into account people who bought it only for Blu-Ray and those in Japan, who we don't know if are even counted in that number...
    Nos Locos kick your ***, Nos Locos kick your face, Nos Locos kick your balls into outer space!

Aleman
    I'd be more interested to see how many people have downloaded the paid content.

Ker

Thats BS, MS (for some reason, as easy as it is) don't even know how many ppl they have on Xlive. ppl there can create more than 1 user tag(i'd think PS3 online is the same? I havent tried it myself)... Guess what MS does? yep they count all the gametags there are and then say thats how many users they have ...

Also, 50% of their users last year was around 2- 2.5mil users. And like I said, thats counting all the gametags. The article says that when there were around 500k users there were 300k downloads of GTHD... Thats 60%... Whats the 25% you guys are talking about?.

Dedicated Member
    that is good news,25 percent rate is decent,and plenty of people to play
    uigikkm

Elite Guru
    I think this could get carried away. How would you measure its success.
    As stated it is free, so numbers can't really be indictive of success.
    Opinions of those uders? maybe.
    Stability & flexibilty? Maybe

Its a good start at any rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video games dont Affect Kids.
    If Pacman had affected us as Kids,
    We'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching Magic pills
    and Listening to repetitive, Electronic music

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by thekingofkings View Post
    Um is it not free? OF COURSE it's a success for something that's free. If they charged for that service you think there'd be nearly that many people? Come now grasping at straws now aren't we?
    lol, and your point being erm... what? Yes it is free, so there's no point bringing up the (rather dumb) point that if it wasn't, it would be less successful, because that is stating the obvious to the extreme.

So what the PS3's online maybe behind LIVE? They got a head start in popularity with the Xbox 1. The PSN Is pretty much just starting out - and it is going to be great.

| R:FOM | Motorstorm | Warhawk | Assassin's Creed | COD 4 | Burnout Paradise | GT5:P | GTA IV | MGS4 | LBP | Midnight Club: LA |

Elite Member

Having larger demos than 360 is definatly PS3 online's strongest point.

I still have issues with the messaging, cross game invites and other areas of their online, but when it comes to content (downloadable movie rentals and demo downloads) I think the PS3 will match the 360 by the end of next year.

Tekken Elder
    I can see when the console launches in Europe it will have a lot more online members.
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Dedicated Member
    Thats great news, especially for gt:hd. If I remember correctly gripshift moved to number two in behind gt so it must be selling well too.

Apprentice
    So what the PS3's online maybe behind LIVE? They got a head start in popularity with the Xbox 1. The PSN Is pretty much just starting out - and it is going to be great.
    yeah, and xbox 360 is launched in europe in more than a year ago. dont forget that europe have sweden, the country with most computers per capita in the world.

Captainnippon
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieDZ View Post
    yea i dont understand it either.. with over 1million PS3's already sold why is there only 500k users registered? for sure i thought this would be alot more. seems those damn **** just hate online gaming for real..
    You're right though, the percentage are HIGHER. Sony actually didn't give out the percentage, I came up with it.

Remember Sony Shipped 2 millions units, NOT SOLD 2 millions units. So the percentage of Online users would be around 35%-45%, but since we don't we the exact number PS 3 sold it's hard to give the right percentage.

Forum Elder

They were probably counting the xbox's users (not the 360's, i mean the original xbox)

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    I'd be more interested to see how many people have downloaded the paid content.
    Yeah it is also important to count that as well but you cannot disregard downloadable content that is free, people usually go after that first anyway.

Firmware to fix the 1080i issue and others that may arise later on or those in the present I'm sure. I just want the PS3 I get to have dealt with most if not all those problems when I get it later on this year.
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GunTeng View Post
    I think this could get carried away. How would you measure its success.
    As stated it is free, so numbers can't really be indictive of success.

OMG. I actually agree with you Gun. I think I'm gonna faint.

Forum Guru
    Well i just can't understand why quite a few topics are turning into flamewars. O well

Back on topic : I just cant wait to get online with my PS3. I should be online by June at the very,very,very latest.

---To Mikleran about his anyone with broadband ans common sense quote---

Its no convieneint for alot of people to have an ethernet cable going through there house, and also remember not everybody has a wireless router.

When you smoke the herb you reveal yourself to yourself - Bob Marley R.I.P

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Loudninja View Post
    Thanks for goign off topci and bring MS into this
    You guys do it all the time.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Thread Information