Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainnippon View Post
    http://ps3.qj.net/Sony-Japan-s-PS3s-...g/49/aid/79514

that's quarter of the people that owe a PS 3. and over 10% of the people download GT HD...
    For 10% of people to download 300,000 GTHD demos there'd have to be a 3 million install base at the time.

And for Sony to have 500k unique users at launch is impressive which counts for a third.

The maths is weak in this one.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

like.no.other
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikleran View Post
    You what?

Go to the F1 thread.
    OK, will do...

http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=139

"FFS go away" I think you said, just because you got somebody challenging your opinions.

People are arguing with me over a fact. That's all i disagreed with..

For Gods sake what is your problem?
    No problem kid. People are not arguing with you over a fact. The facts are, SONY has 25% on-line attach rate vs 50% for Microsoft. Nobody is dismissing that at all. However, where people like myself are challenging you is in your assumption that because it is free, SONY should have a higher percentage on-line. We've given reasons why that might not be the case, and all you do in response is call people fanboys.

FFS I am comparing two games. I couldn't give a sh!t about which console they are on; some of the building textures in F1 look abysmal at best...

You seem to think that any comparrison between two games across platforms is aimed at having a dig at a console? Get real..
    There you go again, getting all aggrevated and swearing. I think nothing of the sort. What I think is a comparison of an F1 game with 22 cars on track is a slightly unfair comparison to a game with only a handful of cars on track, regardless of what console it is on.
    Phat boy gone slim!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    OK, will do...

http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=139

"FFS go away" I think you said, just because you got somebody challenging your opinions.
    They aren't challenging opinion at all. They are being fanboyish and saying 'oh PGR3 is on the 360 so let's get the best looking PS3 game out so far and compare it against it'

I couldn't care if GT-HD looks better than PGR3. In reality, the textures in F1 aren't as good as they should be. That was my point; that is all i cared about in that thread. Is that enough for you?

No problem kid. People are not arguing with you over a fact. The facts are, SONY has 25% on-line attach rate vs 50% for Microsoft. Nobody is dismissing that at all.
    Yes they quite clearly were. Read the entire first page of this thread again.

However, where people like myself are challenging you is in your assumption that because it is free, SONY should have a higher percentage on-line. We've given reasons why that might not be the case, and all you do in response is call people fanboys.
    I am calling people fanboys because firstly they were refusing to accept the 360 could possibly have had 50% of it's consoles online first, and secondly that it's a higher percentage than the PS3 currently has. I have challenged someones reasoning as to 'not everyone has wi-fi/ethernet' with a perfectly valid point that holds to both the 360 and the PS3.

What I think is a comparison of an F1 game with 22 cars on track is a slightly unfair comparison to a game with only a handful of cars on track, regardless of what console it is on.
    There is absolutely no reason why the textures on some of those buildings are so bad. For God's sake just accept that.

Forum Guru

This thread is a great example of how you fanboys are just a disgrace to the gaming community.
    If you hate us so much then feel free to leave. It could have been a better thread if you hadnt introduced teh console wars into it.

Anyways, that number will dramatically increase with Unreal Tournament, MGS, etc.

The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Do I dare get my hopes up for the March update???

And I'm not sure but I think its against the rules to call people fanboys on the forum...
    Mods?

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlternateReality View Post
    If you hate us so much then feel free to leave. It could have been a better thread if you hadnt introduced teh console wars into it.

Anyways, that number will dramatically increase with Unreal Tournament, MGS, etc.
    It would have been a thread all about how good Sony is and how amazing their product is once again.

Without 360-owners on this site and people who don't think that the PS3 is up there with God this site would become an absolute joke.

Forum Guru
    It would have been a thread all about how good Sony is and how amazing their product is once again.

Without 360-owners on this site and people who don't think that the PS3 is up there with God this site would become an absolute joke.

More like we would have talked about when the numbers will increase.

I personally am not wowed by the numbers and Im a pretty big PS3 fan.

Those 360 owners do a pretty good at trolling and derailing threads in the ps3 section.

Im thankful for opposing viewpoints on this forum and Im not saying all xbox fans troll.. But the majority of them "contribute" how PS3 is for teh suxxors and it will fail , 24/7.

If all PS3 fans here do nothing but overhype the PS3 and sony like you say they do, then all Xbox fans do is bash the ps3 constantly in the most hypocritical way possible, and deny any flaws the 360 might have.

I can imagine how the HUGE SUCCESS line in the thread title ticked you off, but dont take it so seriously, no one else is.

The Heisman

so you're providing a service?
    that's the first time I've heard a troll come up with that one...
    Thanks...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Ultimate Veteran

Yes, what would we do without the endless threads about how Developers hate the PS3 and how analysts think a QRio will jump out of the PS3s case and blow themselves up in our livingrooms?...

Those Time articles are very enriching to our lives. In fact, I will start to thank the next person who posts a Bill Gates interview or a Shane Kim interview lambasting the PS3 for not being designed in Redmond Washington. Thank you XBox fans everywhere, your righteous indignation shall not fall on deaf ears..

Super Elite

Thank You Siren +Rep for you.

When will you fanboys ever learn? This forum is getting worse and worse with people now even unwilling to accept valid comparrisons between two games or the % of people connected to the internet.

This thread is a great example of how you fanboys are just a disgrace to the gaming community.

What? There's someone who's just bought a $600 and can't afford a simple $20 USB adapter for their PC to get online? (Yes i looked that up on the internet.. before you guys start 'oh you can't do that, it's never that cheap... Here.)
    Seriouslym, its a PS3 forum, your a troll you never say anything Positive about PS3 so why are you here?

like.no.other

Excuse me? Last time I checked these were the "PS3 Forums". If you want to get all heavy into Xbox 360, why not head over to Team Xbox? I'm not asking you to agree with me, but I am asking you to stop trolling and just respect the views of other members a bit more.

I honestly, truthfully do not care one bit about the relative numbers, or how textures look, or whatever. I made my decision to get a PS3 a long time ago, mainly for the games, but also for the other media and hardware functionality it offers. I'm as balanced as they come in terms of where they sit on the fence, and am no "fanboy" as you put it.

Oh, and you might want to get that signature sorted out - the image is in violation of the rules and standards.
    Phat boy gone slim!

Elite Guru
    The quote was 50% of 360s were on Live by this time last year.
    Xbox Live silver A.K.A. Free Xbox Live.

I'd rather it be a joke than listening to you spewing BS everywhere. It's like a bunch of PS3 fans get together for a party, and some ******* down the street comes in and crashes our party uninvited while being a complete idiot, ruining everyone's fun.

Yeah... thanks alot
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Dedicated Member
    Just wondering has Mikleran played F1? or have a Ps3 for that matter

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoLutioNight View Post
    Sure was sweet downloading that FREE demo on that FREE online service so many people are having a problem with lately

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Sure was sweet downloading that FREE demo on that FREE online service so many people are having a problem with lately
    didn't someone tell you?
    free= inferior

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Superior Member
    I think it's more appropriate to say it's off to a very, very good start. I'll be checking back on it's success when the system launches in Europe and more games come out that take advantage of the PSN.

Good news though!

also at 500-600 dollars a pop for the system the avg age is prolly alot higher and some older people prolly dont care for online as much as younger people do.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Your just hurting my feelings aren't you? Yeah I really want to get GTHD and T5R on PSN so badly though....

Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    didn't someone tell you?
    free= inferior
    True I guess if your referring to quality over quantity.
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

Elite Member
    I absolutely love this place.

Someone says something negative about the PS3; they're a troll. Someone dislikes a part of the graphics of a PS3 game; they're a troll.

You all need to get a life. If this place was just total PS3 fanboys like the vast majority of you who have posted in here i would still come here just to laugh at your retardness.

Get a life. Seriously. Someone who says something bad about the PS3/ compares it to something better in another game/service is not a troll.

Jees.

Seriouslym, its a PS3 forum, your a troll you never say anything Positive about PS3 so why are you here?
    You've been on the forum for a whole 11 days. You don't know me. Just because i don't think that the PS3 is God it does not make me a troll at all. Look at my post history FFS; positive in Oblivion Dev thread; positive in Motorstorm Threads; etc etc. in my last dozen posts.

Just because i am not a PS3 fanboy i am not a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoLutioNight View Post
    What region am i from? What region is everyone else in that thread who i was arguing with from? Oh wait Europe! None of us have played either...

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    thats pretty good numbers. R:FOM online is sweet I love playing that game online. I play it alot more than playing COD3 on XBL.

like.no.other
    I absolutely love this place.

Someone says something negative about the PS3; they're a troll. Someone dislikes a part of the graphics of a PS3 game; they're a troll.

You all need to get a life. If this place was just total PS3 fanboys like the vast majority of you who have posted in here i would still come here just to laugh at your retardness.

Get a life. Seriously. Someone who says something bad about the PS3/ compares it to something better in another game/service is not a troll.

Jees.
    All I will say is this...reputations are earned.
    Phat boy gone slim!

Superior Member
    I cant wait for socom i think that will bring some big numbers online

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I might have known it wouldn't have been good enough for you! First you bring PGR3 into a SONY F1 game thread, and now Microsoft and Xbox live into this...

At this moment in time, the comparison is a little unfair. Most early adopters who picked up an Xbox 360 will have already had an Xbox, and quite likely, a Live account - a service that had been going for a long time prior to the Xbox 360. When you add onto the fact that SONYs previous "network" offering was rather lame, I'd say 25% is a damned good figure as people start to explore SONYs offering. At least there's a good chance that the majority of that 25% will be playing games online because they don't have to pay, unlike with Live. I know I will be playing games online with the PS3, but I wouldn't pay for live.

Dont quote me but:

- Playstation had more people on their PS2 online than LIVE did.
    - 50% of people didn't own a Xbox before buying a 360 (Aquanox's thread)

++ Some people may jsut have a PS3 for Blu-Ray player and not care about gaming so that could lead to low numbers
    (taken from rants at AVS forum)

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    I'd be more interested to see how many people have downloaded the paid content.
    Why are you always so negative about the ps3 Aleman ?
    There are not much worth at the momnent for download, so you know stats are gonna be bad.
    Maybe you could give it a little rest and just enjoy what (very little up to now) it has to offer ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Happy owner of a ps3 since 19/03/2010 ! My top games until now : 1 - SSDHD 2 - Pixel Junk Shooter 3 - Flower 4 - Motorstorm PR 5 - Heavy Rain

newps3man22

hmm

i have my wi fi hooked up and a strong signal
    but the bottom line the playstation networks lags on most games i have played its hard even getting a game started, then when you did its glitchy

either the network(playstation /ea sports network doesnt have the bandwith) or we are already reaching the limits of high speed cable broad band.

heck on some games even not online it seems as if the ps3 is working hard to render the images, then i hear its only using 30 percent of its power?

i dont know i have had a 360 played it for a while sold it
    bought a 60gig ps3 and like it for what it offers, but lets be honest besides getting the blue ray and wi-fi its not really any better from what i can see as a 360
    and im guessing live is better as far as lag?

any opinions?

Thread Information