East7

will metal gear solid 4 support online play?

if so, how does it work? so u just hide around and kill each other?

BluBoi22
    No one knows this man, try back in another 6 months or so...

and this should be in the games section

Master Guru
    How would it even go about playing, i dont expect deathmatches.

Im back.

Superior Member

yea 6 to a year and you should find out your answer
    OFFICIALLY RETIRED*

Superior Member
    I dont know. If its gonna have online support it better not be like mgs3 online.

(mgs3 online sucks) camera angles blows.
    Sony Bravia 46" XBR2
    Sony Playstation 3 500GB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, it is supposed to be like MGS3: Subsistence online, which i hear people like.

Superior Member

Kojima said a long time ago that he wants to do something a lot more fleshed out than the current Metal Gear Online featured in MGS3 Substance on PS2 and Portable Ops on PSP.

Something about much more large scale battles and possibly more like online warfare. This was quite a while ago and I don't have a source nor do I remember distinct details, so don't take me too seriously. Even if I'm completely accurate it's likely that anything they had been planning for online back when the game was first revealed has probably changed drastically changed since.
    Samsung HL-S5087W 50'' 1080p DLP
    Sony PLAYSTATION 3 (PSN ID: PaiPai)
    Nintendo Wii (WiiNumber: 2786 8436 6692 3511)
    XBL Gamertag: PaiPaiMaster
    FFXI: Rockman of Midgardsormr

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    A bit off topic, but is Metal Gear Solid on-line similar to Splinter cell online?

Apprentice
    The biggest thing I'd like to see is a unique Co-Op campaign where Snake and Raiden take on a mission that is completely unique from the single player game. Something that has similar objectives to the single player campaign but totally different methods of achieving said objectives.
    This is a bit of a stretch, but another mode that would be interesting is one that is like the game itself. I imagine a game where 5-10 people play. 1 of them is snake and the others are gurads. Snake should try to make his way through a map while the other guards try to prevent snake from reaching the other side of the map.
    Maybe that could be modified by adding a "counterstrike DE_map" style. That is, Snake would have a specific objective, such as demolishing a certain structure within the map. Something esle that would make this interesting would be if snake was only allowed to employ non-lethal firearms to temporarily disable guards. Instead of just killing the rest of the team and therefore winning the map by default.
    For something with more of a classic online feel I think Capture the Flag would be an awesome game mode for MGS. One team could play the "good guys" such as Snake, Raiden, Otacon, Col. Campbell... etc. The other team would obviously be the "bad guys" with character choices such as mercs, Ocelot, Solidus Snake... etc.
    Another nice element would be the ability to play classic MGS characters in multiplayer modes such as Big Boss, Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, Vulcan Raven, the DARPA Chief (/joke.)

At this point all we can do is speculate what elements multiplayer would include and one person's guess is as good as the other's. Even if you don't have your own ideas, please reply and let me know what you think of mine.
    Ok, someone wants to die. Who changed my background to a picture of Mr. Clean?!?

I would be very suprized if it doesn't. Everything about this game is going to be different exept the type of story. The is already news that you will be able to look around coners with six acess and that the whole lean up agaist the wall look around the corner thing will be a thing of the past

Dedicated Member

I fully expect something like MGS3 subsistance except much better. I had even wondered if it would rival Resistance. Of course everybody (including me) thinks Resistance online is the coolest thing since sliced bread so I might get flamed for even suggesting it but its a possibility.

Now, if that happens along with Microsoft losing SOOOOOO badly in the console wars (because they blough ;o) ) that they have no choice but to port Halo 3 to the PS3 or face huge fincancial losses (i know, it'll never happen, haha) there will be a 3 way fight for the king of FPS's. How about that!?!?
    PSN Name: Illumin Games: MGS4, Blitz 2, NBAStreet, CH2K8, Madden10, FNR3, TW08, The Bigs, VFighter5, V-Tennis3, SFIV, Marvel:UA, Singstar, Warhawk, RB2, NGS, SCIV, B!QW, MNR.

When my GF hates on my PS3, I say "My PS3 does cancer research. Do YOU do cancer research?"

Apprentice
    Kojima said the MGS3 Subsistence was a "first test" for the MGS4 online, so you can expect a similar online.

Apprentice
    Yes, MGS4 will feature online multiplayer modes like Subsistence and Portable Ops do, that's been confirmed since the beginning (Kojima did mention that it wouldn't be limited to 8 players like Subsistence). Kojima Productions even asked gamers through 1UP once to tell them what they'd like it to feature and what ideas they had for it.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Seraphus-Y
    I'll ask Hideo when he comes around for dinner...

Thread Information