Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage

Gears of War will double its performance at launch.

It only took the five-minute duration of the Gears of War demo to convince us that the game's explosive combat will more than likely live up to its lavish visuals. The demo version was running reasonably well, with a frame rate hovering at and occasionally below the 30 mark. But the game is purportedly running on only one of the Xbox 360 CPU's three cores, and Epic claims it should at least double that performance number by the time emergence day rolls around, sometime next year. In the meantime, we'll bring you more on Gears of War as soon as possible.
    Gamespot's published a new Preview of Gears of War. Many of them are already known details, but this line's caught my attention.
    For those critizicing GOW animation (which is amazing overall but I recognize's pretty poor in some instances) then Cliff says you haven't seen half of it.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti..._flashtop_read
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Dedicated Member

Well, we've SEEN all of it, he just means it they will attempt to push it to 60FPS. Graphically though its finished, maybe with an animation tweak every here and there.

Still doesn't hold a candle to MGS4 though .... nothing ever has lol.

But hey! You can shoot over your shoulder, thats cool.
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', '****', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

Veteran
    will the game should, I like to watch videos of the game. but how much power do they need to do that.

Master Guru
    Aquanox when you download the video of the MGS4 remember this one its not a CGI the camera changes for the sake of the presentation,there is an article in the ps3 forum that shows how the guys change the camera put lighting etc.They may show a window or something else but its not a cutscene,try to remember this one,and after you see it tell us if its on par with GOW But dont judje it ( low res textures etc.) until you see the HD version too.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I honestly trust Epic to deliver when it comes to their promises. Epic has an excellent name in the PC gaming realm and it's very exciting to see them get involved in consoles so deeply. Besides, the better Gears of War can perform on a 360, then the more likely they are to work out Unreal Engine games on the PS3 as well. It's good for Epic and gaming in general if they can get this one right.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Forum Sage
    I've just downloaded a poor resolution version of that trailer. I will wait to see the HD version and I'll post it afterwards, so far my opinion's very polemic, but I'm gonna take this carefuly.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Master Guru
    Of course you cant judge it yet,the textures and the res is way to low,but you know something go and see the opinions from the guys that were in TGS and this may convince you maybe a little until the high res vid appears.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Elite Member

There was already a Gears of War thread. I'm sure this article can be posted over there and will be justified to answer any doubts over there.

AVOID MAKING MULTIPLE THREADS OF ONE GAME PLEASE! IT GETS HECTIC FOR US MODS TO KEEP A CHECK ON THINGS!

*Locked*

Cliff Bleszinski(Gears of War) on David Jaffe's God of War: I warn you, though, if you play God of War, other games aren't as good anymore. It's like eating a really good steak, and then going back to Sizzler.

Master Guru

[LIVE] 40GB PS3 hits U.S. November 2nd for $400

40GB PS3 hits U.S. November 2nd for $400
    By: Justin Pinter

Jack Tretton, President of Sony Computer Entertainment has now confirmed that the new 40GB PlayStation 3 will make it's way to the U.S., releasing on Novemeber 2nd, for a retail price of $400.

If that wasn't good enough, Tretton also confirmed that the 80GB version will be getting a hundred price cut, dropping it from $600 to $500.

For the new 40GB PS3, Sony has removed its ability to play PS2 games, which for some people was a selling point.

"We're choosing to focus on the PlayStation 2 consumer with the PlayStation 2, which remains incredibly relevant, and focus on the PlayStation 3 consumer with the new 40-gigabyte model and the great software coming out," Tretton said.

"Backward compatibility is a nice secondary consideration, but it's far from the number-one priority."

With this recent announcement we can only hope that the U.S market responds to the new SKU and price drop like the U.K., driving sales up 178%.

No word on Spiderman 3 being bundled with the 40GB PS3 or if the 40GB will be the white ceramic version seen in Japan and Korea, but stay tuned as PSU will keep you updated.

Forum Sage

Edited & Live.
    *Kiss My X Box Flavoured Ass*

Thread Information