Latest PSU headlines:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    There are multiloader ps1 iso creators that take all the cd's and make them into one iso. I have not had any experience with these however.
    Do you have any links? I'd love to play my Parasite Eve on my PSP.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    Where can I download PS1 saved game files and convert it so I can use it on my PSP EBOOT games. I want to have Gran Turismo 2 saved files.
    Anyone? Because I really don't have time to do every single races, I just want the car that I like and customize it to my own personal taste.
    Love the sig, but it was too big.

Forum Sage
    I don't think there is a way to transfer PS1 saves to be used with PSP

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Recently Finished:

Superior Member
    There is no way to convert and transfer PSX saves to PSP. This is why we don't have that many hackers trying to do these things when Sony made it almost impossible to do that.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Do you have any links? I'd love to play my Parasite Eve on my PSP.
    I do not know how well this works but here ya go.

http://impaleriso.com/psx_eboot_creator.htm

Elite Sage
    So... I just recently updated my M33-2 3.71 to M33-2 3.90 and got around to converting my good 'ol classic Xenogears disc.

I used the game ID SLUS00664, made my own doc file (DUDE, THAT TOOK SO DAMN LONG... Scanning + Cropping in Photoshop -_-'...). Used Autopopstation 4 to convert the darn .cue file.

I plugged in my PSP to my Comp via USB, transfered the folder with the eBoot and Document.dat into PSP/GAME folder.

Viola, I was done! I went into the Memory Stick section, and I could hardly wait! Xenogears Portable, here I come!

I watched the opening cinematic again, never ceases to amaze me.

I watched the opening text thingy that you can't skip (so darn annoying), and then the game zoomed into the town of Lahan and you see Fei in that little Gear huffing and puffing. Then BATTLEMODE... Err, wtfux?! GAME FROZEN?!!? W.T.F.???

I thought Xenogears worked?!?!

I tried using Kernel 1.50, but no luck .

Anyone know why? Is it because M33-2 3.90 is incompatible? 'cause from what I've been reading on the net, this game SHOULD work. It's even on our own list of working games in Varsh's original post!

I tried both compressed and uncompressed, as well as using Normal/Fast load speed. Nothing worked .

So... uh... Halpz? (I have a PSP Phat)
    I am a moron. Do not argue with me because I will drag you down to my level and win with experience .

My Imba 'net speed (no joke):

Forum Sage
    .cue-file? You mean .iso or .bin?

Anyhow, I tested my copy of Xenogears and it works perfectly fine. Maybe your just screwed up at some point in the making of the EBOOT-file?

Though, I still have 3.71 M33, so I can't say if the problem lies in that you have 3.91 M33-2, but I haven't heard anything about firmware-version having any effect on the compatibility of PS1 games. Have you tried to create the .iso or .bin file again altogether and not just used the same file with the retries?

Recently Finished:

Elite Sage
    Erm, uh yeah, I meant the .bin file, not .cue .

Anyways... the problem is "fixed"... for now.

Autopopstation 4 didn't make a properly working eBoot, but PSX2PSP v1.2 DID (although the icon is all messed up <_<). At least I'm able to play it now... I just gotta figure out how to fix the darn icon glitch .
    I am a moron. Do not argue with me because I will drag you down to my level and win with experience .

My Imba 'net speed (no joke):

Wow this was alot of help

Is it normal, when i can't run a game with the analog stick in my psp, because without the analog stick the game is practically impossible to play. Or did i **** up in the conversion.
    The game is Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.
    Using 3.71 M33-4

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Press the home button, you can then change from digital to analogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3genius View Post
    Wow this was alot of help
    Glad to have been of help.

aceboggie23
    i have 4.05 i need help to get the firmware on my psp i have a 1 gig card and im trying to down grade my psp to get the firmware that's out i know yall can help out pm or just respond quoting me thank's in advance

Guy who has no clue?!?!

Hello all I am completly green when it comes to this whole downgrading, installing custom firmware,making eboots of ps1 games to play on the psp and so on.....
    All I know is that my psp is one of the first models of psp's released but it has firmware 4.05 installed(original sony firmware) so I want to convert my ps1 games to play on my psp. Can some please give me all the details from start to finish on how I go about doing this. Thank you all very much for you time and patience with all my questions. Feel free to send mesages to my Inbox as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfire8199 View Post
    sweet i never knew how to do this before...and i just did FF7.

playing it now.
    lol look like i'm very slow . I just know this today , Thank for the brilliant information .

Does anybody know where I could download the ISO-->EBOOT converter and PSX ripping program for the Linux?
    The version is ubuntu.

Thanks for all of the great information on this topic. I do have one question. I am trying to install popsloader as described in Faceless's post. I get to the point where I have the F0 folder in my memory card's main directory, but when I open the folder, everything is gibberish. The folders inside cannot be opened, and I cannot delete this data. Do I need to reformat my memory card and try again?

Sorry to double post but I wanted to let you know that the problem is solved and I wanted to list my solution for future reference. Here are all the specifics I can think of and hopefully this will help someone else further down the line.

For a while, I have been trying to install Popsloader onto my 8gig memory stick. I have a 15 hour Xenogears file on this card as well as my rips from FF7, Xenogears, and Parasite Eve (I own every one of these games, black cases no less). The first time I ran PSPDumper (sp) I found my F0 folder completely unusable. Folders and files appeared as gibberish and each folder was listed as empty. I tried to run PSPDumper many more times, switching out the version EBoot hoping that was the problem. This never succeeded.

Solution:
    Finally, I attemped to run the necessary programs on a smaller 1 gig memory stick. This worked perfectly, however all of my games were on the 8 gig. So I copied the files found in the 1gig's F0 folder over to the SEPlugins/Popsloader folder in my 8gig. I restarted the PSP in Recovery Mode and enabled Popsloader. Rebooted. And immediately enjoyed the opening cut scene of Parasite Eve.

Thank you Faceless and Varsh (who's topic led me hear and to PS3 Forums).

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Prower View Post
    Will all of this work on a PSP Slim if I buy one, or will it have something on it preventing me?

no, the new psp don't let you use homebrew (as far as im aware) if you want to do this i recommend getting the older version.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Dedicated Member
    How about Blade fr PS1?

Apprentice

easier just to find already converted eboots

Superior Member

Make ISO's of your discs and use popstation GUI.
    PS3 80GB NTSCJ
    Sony KLV-37U300A 37"

Superior Member

Can you you play ps1 games through the memory stick with the psp 3000? I am only talking about playing the games I have not pirated ones.

S0nyfan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_CNi-XS1nE"]YouTube - PS1 to PSP conversion part 1[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by S0nyfan View Post
    I used this guide today to do my FF7 disc 1 (PAL) SCES-10867 just to see how easy it was and how well it would or wouldn't work. It was my first attempt at trying anything like this and not only was it a breeze, but the game runs beautifully. I even get the swirl effect before battles.

I'm running it on CF 3.71 m33-2 on a PSP phat.

I'll eventually try combining all 3 discs into 1 file when I get a bigger memory card (in the next week), to see if that works but even if it doesn't I'm already chuffed to bits!

Cheers.

Veteran
    I converted MGS1 with Impaler PSX, and it won't get past the PS1 logo screen.

I had Final Fantasy Tactics and it worked before my upgrade to 5.00 M33-3, and now it doesn't... Final Fantasy 8 works (and the world map isn't even glitched anymore) but it won't start a new game. It only lets me load... I haven't gotten to a movie sequence to see if it's the movies that are doing it, though it would make sense as FFT opens with a movie and FF8 has a movie in new game but not in the menu screen...

In any case, this is annoying... Any ideas? Oh, and I just updated to m33-6 and it still doesn't work.

PSX2PSP doesn't work at all because it says I need "base.pbp" which I didn't need with autopopstation. I converted FF8 (just disc 1) with autopopstation. Same with Tactics. I converted MGS with Impaler. Are neither of them going to work?

Thread Information