Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8
    Veteran
    So, I tried to update the popsloader using the instructions on the previous page, using the 3.71 firmware, I did everything it said, but the 4 things I copied over don't show up in my plugins page on the R trigger menu... Not sure why... I've had this problem before. It's common for plugins I'm downloading to just not be listed in the plugins page. Any clue about how to fix this? There are also 3 potential plugins folders I know about, and I've copied the files into ALL 3, and still don't have anything.

I'm running out of ideas here.

EDIT: Ok, so I had missed the original "popsloader" file. I put that in there, and IT showed up in the plugin folder.

Then I tried to open a PS1 game. I set it to 3.41 (the one I'd put in there) and Now it won't load AT ALL... Before it got to the PS logo. Now it crashes and the only way to turn it off is to remove the battery... Yeah...

I tried another game, this time set it to "original flash" or whatever, and it is just like it was before... And neither one let me change it once it's set.

Killerinstinct
    for mgs1 you dont even need popsloader.

the popsloader must be of the same firmware so if you updated to 5.00m33 then you need the popsloader for 5.00m33.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerinstinct View Post
    for mgs1 you dont even need popsloader.
    If I don't need popsloader, then why didn't my PSP even get past the Playstation symbol? Are you referring to the PSN download of MGS1? Because there's no way in Hell I'm paying for this game a 3rd (or is it 4th?) time, ya dig? I'm talking about one I made out of my physical MGS discs.

And the whole point of the popsloader thing I saw was so you can use older popsloaders which would work better with some games (the 3.41 popsloader working with the most games)

EDIT: So, I found out what was wrong. I did the extractor thing and I while I know I extracted all the right files, it somehow ended up disappearing off my PSP (even out of the extraction folder) so I found a place to download all the extracted files without having to do the extraction and renaming myself, and loaded those up... I held R when I loaded up MGS, told it (again) to do 3.71 popsloader, and now it works nearly perfectly (except some codec conversations sounding like Snake's about to throw up at the end... Which is kind of funny at times)

FF8's intro also works again. I'm gonna put FFT back on, too, since I no longer have a PS1 with a serial port, and I want to do some cheats. Oh, and now that I can do multiple discs again, I'm going to have to find another copy of Chrono Cross.

I have no idea how all the files I copied over before ended up disappearing...

Apprentice

PSN ID
    scotsman187
    i have played sub zero mythology works perfectly tenchu 1 works perfectly also tryed mortal kombat troligy freezes when you start a fight might be because my memory stick is full but add the others to the list thanks

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Anyone tried Final Fantasy 8 or 9?
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Superior Member
    i dont believe i am able to do this on my PSP Go, which sucks cuz i wanna put my ps1 games on it too.

peterpuck
    i selled my psp go and switched to the older one

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    I'd love to try Quake II, Spyro 2 and Resident Evil 2, but I only have the psp Go ):

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo View Post
    i dont believe i am able to do this on my PSP Go, which sucks cuz i wanna put my ps1 games on it too.
    What this guy said^ Do you know how'd we be able to do this?

doramider7
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Yup already thought about that with Zapper, Very quick process too on my 1.8Ghz duel core PC. Your right about the Piracy thing, but i also feel if you buy the game once you shouldn't have to buy it again. The only difference from mine to SONY's would be they add a document and also their files are more compressed & perfect screen centering. All of which can be acheived with a little playing arround with the X and Y positions, no problem.
    That's exactly the way I felt as well, I don't want to buy something multiple times if it's exactly the same product, which is why I decided to downgrade then use 3.03OE-C, and then create this thread.

Tell me how the negative centering comes along, if it works then I'll do that with Grandia as well.

Master Guru
    I have got to do that with an old boat racer I own it was fun and also who wants to be a millionaire is good for mind challenge
    I need PSP and to do that
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Wow I can't believe this thread is still going and here.

Quote Originally Posted by doramider7 View Post
    which is why I decided to downgrade then use 3.03OE-C, and then create this thread.

Tell me how the negative centering comes along, if it works then I'll do that with Grandia as well.
    *ahem* I do believe that I created the thread.

Anyway Grandia does work but like it shows on the first page, stuttering. Still playable though.

Thread Information