Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53
  1. #26
    Power Member
    Stoffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,656
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    2,369 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthIncidious View Post
    its not just 1 movie studio. MS also has close ties with peter jackson and wingnut. for any LOTR fans, you will probably NEVER see it on blue ray.
    Close ties? Give me a break. He is a Halo fan, there for wanted to produce the movie. He isn't over the hill friends with M$, why would he be? And Jackson doesn't decide what format the movies he makes go too, that is up to the studio who makes them, they hold all rights to films (except Lucas with Star Wars, he was smart). So don't think you will never see Lord of the Rings or King Kong on Bluray, that is up to New Line Cinema and Universal.

  2. #27
    Super Elite
    $_KD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,352
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    258 (0 Banked)
    hahah he is smoking that good stuff to be talking crap. anyways how do you guys think universal is going to do? i doubt HD-DVD might die but it seems to be heading to that direction.
    Human flesh2010 Laker Champs.

  3. #28
    Forum Elder

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,860
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by noble View Post
    No I was saying that it was funny that the HD-DVD people were saying Oh noes, when are they gonna start supporting us early adopters, when are they gonna start releasing new movies(games), and others saying we only have to give them some time, and then the HD-DVD format(PS3) will really show the competition who's in charge.

    I have all three consoles so I could give a **** who 'wins' the console wars. I just think its funny that the things that the HD-DVD people are whining about the exact same things the PS3 people are whining about. And all the PS3 people say that HD-DVD is on its way out, yet see no problems at all with the PS3.

    You can't see the forest for the trees.
    You make absolutely no sense at all. First you said PS3 owners were complaining a lot, then you finished it off by saying they saw no problems with it.

    Brilliant thinking.

    As for the HD-DVD vs. Bluray war, it's not to replace DVD's. DVD's never replaced VHS for the majority, and i'm sure it's the same with the next-gen formats. They will just be for those who are interested in HD media.

    But HD-DVD is getting it's soul ripped from it's body.

  4. #29
    Master Poster
    Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,329
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    322 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthIncidious View Post
    its not just 1 movie studio. MS also has close ties with peter jackson and wingnut. for any LOTR fans, you will probably NEVER see it on blue ray.

    I have an HDDVD player, and there are plenty of new movies comming out. Yes, for now its missing some major titles because of the wars, but as time goes on, they will rerelease everything on blueray to HDDVD. If you take PS3 sales out of the equasion, blueray doesnt even come close. If you figure that only 10-15% of america has HD capabilities, and maybe half of that has 1080i or 1080p capabilities, you really see how few people who have bought a PS3 are going to use it for the blueray. There fore ps3 sales included in blueray sales really is false. Just like most things sony does. How many times do you let a company lie to you over and over, and still buy their products? They used CGI videos at E3 and called them live game footage. They are using 360 pics of PGR3 and callin them pics of Grand turismoHD. There are many other examples. They lie to their base. there was no "shortage" of PS3's over the holiday season. The only true shortage was the Wii. All through xmas, i saw piles of PS3's everywhere.
    You wanna know how their side is doing? they had PRICE CUTS BEFORE THEY RELEASED THE CONSOLE IN JAPAN!! That has never happend before. Guess they figure their loyal japanese dont need to pay full price, while the stupid americans pay $600 for a console. There are already rumors of a price cut comming soon, because they cant compete with the 360 and the Wii. Its going so great, they demoted their CEO for such a bad launch. As for games, most of what used to be PS "exclusives" are now going multi-platform. MGS4, assasins creed, final fantasy, GTA4, and the list goes on and on, will all be multi-platform. Sony has lost what matters most to a console besides fans, the developers. They are jumping ship, left and right. Alls it has left is God of War, which is only PS2, and Grand Turismo. What is the reasoning for paying 200 more for a console for 1 game?!? Not to mention some of the games will be up to $10 bux more on ps3 than 360, or $20 more than Wii..
    seriously... get off the fanboy crap and look around.
    Yea, you absolutely need to take a chill pill.

  5. #30
    Elite Guru
    Jabjabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,381
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    4,957 (0 Banked)
    s for the HD-DVD vs. Bluray war, it's not to replace DVD's. DVD's never replaced VHS for the majority, and i'm sure it's the same with the next-gen formats. They will just be for those who are interested in HD media.
    Well actually they did but it took ages to happen. On average it takes about 10 years for the average technology transition.

    LP to Tape, Tape to CD, Dos to Windows, VHS to DVD etc.

  6. #31
    Apprentice
    ozps3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Writing could be on the wall for HDDVD

  7. #32
    Dedicated Member
    noble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,060
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevendesigns View Post
    You make absolutely no sense at all. First you said PS3 owners were complaining a lot, then you finished it off by saying they saw no problems with it.

    Brilliant thinking.

    As for the HD-DVD vs. Bluray war, it's not to replace DVD's. DVD's never replaced VHS for the majority, and i'm sure it's the same with the next-gen formats. They will just be for those who are interested in HD media.

    But HD-DVD is getting it's soul ripped from it's body.

    Do me a favor.

    Actually READ some of the posts in this forum.

    If you can go for more than five pages(and there's a few thousand of them), without finding at least ten threads of people saying why they are upset at sony, ticked off becuase there are no games coming out, upset that Sony is allowing Microsoft to 'steal' all the exclusives and third party titles away from Sony, then either you've got the best set of blinders I've ever seen, or you have a different definition of complaining.

    Do all of the fans $#@! and moan? Nope. Of course not.

    I'm just saying that there is a large faction, on these very boards who complain about everything that Sony is doing wrong, and there is also a faction that smile and say oh hey Sony can do no wrong, no matter what they do.

    The point is, if this many people complain about sony on the PS3 Forums, just imagine what it's like out there in the 'real' world.

    I mean a lot of people(not all) that come to a PS3 forum, are already huge PS3 fans in the first place, and if they're complaining...


    I think you get the point.


  8. #33
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,386
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    20,979 (0 Banked)
    Man, you are so mixed up, it is hard to know where to start.

    its not just 1 movie studio. MS also has close ties with peter jackson and wingnut. for any LOTR fans, you will probably NEVER see it on blue ray.
    Peter Jackson was just the director for LOTR. LOTR movie rights are owned by New Line. M$ has no connection with either one. New Line is releasing movies in both formats right now, although they are starting to favor Blu-ray. New Line recently dumped Peter Jackson:

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...542434,00.html
    Film studio dumps Lord of the Rings director

    I have an HDDVD player, and there are plenty of new movies comming out. Yes, for now its missing some major titles because of the wars, but as time goes on, they will rerelease everything on blueray to HDDVD.
    You are bordering on delusional insanity here. It is Warner that is now re-releasing previously HD-DVD exclusives as Blu-ray. There are several studios that are Blu-ray *exclusive* and they have clearly said they will never support HD-DVD.


    If you take PS3 sales out of the equasion, blueray doesnt even come close. If you figure that only 10-15% of america has HD capabilities, and maybe half of that has 1080i or 1080p capabilities, you really see how few people who have bought a PS3 are going to use it for the blueray. There fore ps3 sales included in blueray sales really is false. Just like most things sony does.
    This old factoid keeps getting circulated around and is actually a perception from two years ago. The past two holiday seasons were very big HDTV sales years and it is estimated now that about 30% of Amercans have HDTV. The percentage is going to keep going up with HDTV prices decreasing plus more people tuned into digital TV. The analog NTSC signal gets turned off in 2009 and a lot of people are aware of this. There are recent sales numbers for Blu-ray players excluding PS3 and they are now even with HD-DVD players excluding the HD-DVD add-on.

    seriously... get off the fanboy crap and look around.
    You go off on that rambling fanboy paragraph and end it with this sentence? Wow, how contradictory and hypocritical of you.

  9. #34
    Elite Member
    Glacia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    What is the reasoning for paying 200 more for a console for 1 game?!? Not to mention some of the games will be up to $10 bux more on ps3 than 360
    Are you serious? All of the 360 games i've ever bought have cost 59.99$ all of the PS3 i've bought, all of them have cost 59.99$ where do you get your facts at?

    I give it three more months and Universal will end the war by opting to go blu-ray.

  10. #35
    DarthIncidious
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Man, you are so mixed up, it is hard to know where to start.



    Peter Jackson was just the director for LOTR. LOTR movie rights are owned by New Line. M$ has no connection with either one. New Line is releasing movies in both formats right now, although they are starting to favor Blu-ray. New Line recently dumped Peter Jackson:

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...542434,00.html
    Film studio dumps Lord of the Rings director



    You are bordering on delusional insanity here. It is Warner that is now re-releasing previously HD-DVD exclusives as Blu-ray. There are several studios that are Blu-ray *exclusive* and they have clearly said they will never support HD-DVD.




    This old factoid keeps getting circulated around and is actually a perception from two years ago. The past two holiday seasons were very big HDTV sales years and it is estimated now that about 30% of Amercans have HDTV. The percentage is going to keep going up with HDTV prices decreasing plus more people tuned into digital TV. The analog NTSC signal gets turned off in 2009 and a lot of people are aware of this. There are recent sales numbers for Blu-ray players excluding PS3 and they are now even with HD-DVD players excluding the HD-DVD add-on.





    You go off on that rambling fanboy paragraph and end it with this sentence? Wow, how contradictory and hypocritical of you.


    Of course they are gonna disemvow him. He's suing them for money they are F'in him out of. If someone owed you another 100 mill, you sure as hell would be going after it. After the lawsuit is settled, clearer heads will prevail. They have a goldmine with Jackson and the LOTR series. Giving it to another person will more than likely kill that mine... and they know it. the luer of big $$$$ from another jackson/wingnut film will bring them all back to the table.

    as for the other crap. Sony's sales are sucking big time. For a new system, they are doing horrible. They sure as hell cant keep up with the Wii, and nowhere close with the360. Its time to take off the fanboy shades. If and when the PS3 dies, it takes blueray with it, and vice versa. They are loosing their developers and thier fans at a record pace. If HD DVD dies, its not gonna take the 360 with it. Thats why theres no HDDVD drive in the 360. Sure, it would jack up sales and make it look more popular, like the PS3 did with blueray, but what happends if the system dies??? If the PS3 and/or blueray fails, Sony will likely not recover. If HDDVD fails, MS will bat an eyelash and shrug their shoulders.
    Let me pose a question. In the last... 30 yrs, Sony has tried many times to make a new format standard. Which one has ever lasted???
    BETA??? UMD??? MINIDISK??? hmm....... now blueray....... i see another stinker for Sony... track records mean alot.. Sony's ship is riding on the PS3 and blueray, thats why they are bundled together. Sink or Swim... and the PS3 is ... starting to sink. Blueray has a headstart movie wise in the format battle. It may be enough to win finally. But is it enough to save PS3? If blueray becomes standard, people will buy ps3s for blueray playback until blueray players become cheaper. once that happends, whats the need for that PS3 that your paying 200 more for to play the exact same games you could be playing on another system, with the same graphix and gameplay, but better online???? makes no sence to me.

    oh n BTW, if you go back, there have been many 360 titles that have released at the 4999 range. find PS3 titles that have launched, or in fairness, will launch at that price.


    oh wait... sony is ALREADY concidering a price cut for the PS3, because sales are sooooo slow. ahahahah, there is no shortage of PS3's anywhere ive heard of. Its still so hard to find a Wii though.. funny huh... all that touting about "cell processors" , "blue ray" , and "sixaxis"(which is a cheap rip of the tech in the Wii), and people are going to the cheaper, technologically outdated system with the new controller. Guess that doesnt bode well for PS3, fanboys.

  11. #36
    Superior Member
    TheCell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthIncidious View Post
    Not to mention some of the games will be up to $10 bux more on ps3 than 360, or $20 more than Wii..
    seriously... get off the fanboy crap and look around.
    WTF are you talking about?!?!??!?!

    Is your post a joke???

    Trust me when I say you have NO idea what you're talking about. You sound INSANE. Please leave this board.

  12. #37
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    105,212 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I found the official HD-DVD mascot!


  13. #38
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Much better news would have made this a thread on its own but here you go anyways....

    Blu-ray outsells HD-DVD by 3:1

    Posted Feb 03, 2007 at 04:21PM by Kyle M. Listed in: Blu-ray, HD-DVD Tags: Sony
    We had some interesting comments on our last article, which covered Sony's good feelings about Blu-ray. One comment by Mr. Common Sense stood out: "It's going to be years before there is a clear winner. It's pretty stupid to say there is one at this point." (Who said we don't read the comments?)

    This comment made a lot of sense (excuse the pun). After all, it isn't over till the fat lady sings, right? Well, Sony might want to claim an early victory with the recently-released Nielsen VideoScan results coming in and showing that Blu-ray discs are outselling HD-DVDs by over 2:1.

    The actual figures say that for the week ending January 7, for every 47.14 HD-DVDs movies sold, there are 100 Blu-Ray movies sold. But the gap is getting bigger, with the week ending January 14 providing statistics to show that the amount of HD-DVDs sold is more like 38.36 for every 100 Blu-Rays sold. These figures include only video sales and no games.

    There's no clue as to whether this relates to the launch of the PS3, but with almost 2 million PS3s now circulating worldwide, Sony's next-gen console has to be influencing sales in some way. And with the European launch not far off, will the gap between HD-DVD and Blu-ray sales increase even more?





    http://gadgets.qj.net/Blu-ray-outsel...g/49/aid/81597

  14. #39
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,758
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Yeah, it sucks that PS3 owners had to wait a month or two before another AAA title comes out, as opposed to all the 360 owners that wait much longer... And, it was nice there was an AAA title out at launch that people are still playing because it's great, not because there's nothing else to play... We're getting more great titles sooner than we did with the PS1 or PS2, so I have ZERO complaints...

    Anyways... at this point what's happening is that we're seeing PS3 owners buying up Blu-Ray movies like select few people DIDN'T THINK would happen... And shows the potential each PS3 sold has to the industry... Really, at this point, it'd be the best for the industry for Universal to support BOTH formats... and if that happens, all major players will be supporting Blu-Ray, and that'd put the seal on it... Afterall, Blu-Ray has more support right now than HD-DVD does... As long as there's no money deals with Universal right now going on, I don't see them holding out too much longer as they'd like to cash in probably as well seeing Blu-Ray is selling...

  15. #40
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthIncidious View Post
    its not just 1 movie studio. MS also has close ties with peter jackson and wingnut. for any LOTR fans, you will probably NEVER see it on blue ray.

    I have an HDDVD player, and there are plenty of new movies comming out. Yes, for now its missing some major titles because of the wars, but as time goes on, they will rerelease everything on blueray to HDDVD. If you take PS3 sales out of the equasion, blueray doesnt even come close. If you figure that only 10-15% of america has HD capabilities, and maybe half of that has 1080i or 1080p capabilities, you really see how few people who have bought a PS3 are going to use it for the blueray. There fore ps3 sales included in blueray sales really is false. Just like most things sony does. How many times do you let a company lie to you over and over, and still buy their products? They used CGI videos at E3 and called them live game footage. They are using 360 pics of PGR3 and callin them pics of Grand turismoHD. There are many other examples. They lie to their base. there was no "shortage" of PS3's over the holiday season. The only true shortage was the Wii. All through xmas, i saw piles of PS3's everywhere.
    You wanna know how their side is doing? they had PRICE CUTS BEFORE THEY RELEASED THE CONSOLE IN JAPAN!! That has never happend before. Guess they figure their loyal japanese dont need to pay full price, while the stupid americans pay $600 for a console. There are already rumors of a price cut comming soon, because they cant compete with the 360 and the Wii. Its going so great, they demoted their CEO for such a bad launch. As for games, most of what used to be PS "exclusives" are now going multi-platform. MGS4, assasins creed, final fantasy, GTA4, and the list goes on and on, will all be multi-platform. Sony has lost what matters most to a console besides fans, the developers. They are jumping ship, left and right. Alls it has left is God of War, which is only PS2, and Grand Turismo. What is the reasoning for paying 200 more for a console for 1 game?!? Not to mention some of the games will be up to $10 bux more on ps3 than 360, or $20 more than Wii..
    seriously... get off the fanboy crap and look around.
    your whole post is stupid but just wanted to comment on your statement that LOTR will not be on blu-ray. IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR BLU-RAY BY NEW LINE...google is your friend.

  16. #41
    Power Member
    Stoffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,656
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    2,369 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthIncidious View Post
    Of course they are gonna disemvow him. He's suing them for money they are F'in him out of. If someone owed you another 100 mill, you sure as hell would be going after it. After the lawsuit is settled, clearer heads will prevail. They have a goldmine with Jackson and the LOTR series. Giving it to another person will more than likely kill that mine... and they know it. the luer of big $$$$ from another jackson/wingnut film will bring them all back to the table.

    as for the other crap. Sony's sales are sucking big time. For a new system, they are doing horrible. They sure as hell cant keep up with the Wii, and nowhere close with the360. Its time to take off the fanboy shades. If and when the PS3 dies, it takes blueray with it, and vice versa. They are loosing their developers and thier fans at a record pace. If HD DVD dies, its not gonna take the 360 with it. Thats why theres no HDDVD drive in the 360. Sure, it would jack up sales and make it look more popular, like the PS3 did with blueray, but what happends if the system dies??? If the PS3 and/or blueray fails, Sony will likely not recover. If HDDVD fails, MS will bat an eyelash and shrug their shoulders.
    Let me pose a question. In the last... 30 yrs, Sony has tried many times to make a new format standard. Which one has ever lasted???
    BETA??? UMD??? MINIDISK??? hmm....... now blueray....... i see another stinker for Sony... track records mean alot.. Sony's ship is riding on the PS3 and blueray, thats why they are bundled together. Sink or Swim... and the PS3 is ... starting to sink. Blueray has a headstart movie wise in the format battle. It may be enough to win finally. But is it enough to save PS3? If blueray becomes standard, people will buy ps3s for blueray playback until blueray players become cheaper. once that happends, whats the need for that PS3 that your paying 200 more for to play the exact same games you could be playing on another system, with the same graphix and gameplay, but better online???? makes no sence to me.

    oh n BTW, if you go back, there have been many 360 titles that have released at the 4999 range. find PS3 titles that have launched, or in fairness, will launch at that price.


    oh wait... sony is ALREADY concidering a price cut for the PS3, because sales are sooooo slow. ahahahah, there is no shortage of PS3's anywhere ive heard of. Its still so hard to find a Wii though.. funny huh... all that touting about "cell processors" , "blue ray" , and "sixaxis"(which is a cheap rip of the tech in the Wii), and people are going to the cheaper, technologically outdated system with the new controller. Guess that doesnt bode well for PS3, fanboys.
    You are a very sad strange person.

  17. #42
    Apprentice
    kodoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    376 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthIncidious View Post
    Let me pose a question. In the last... 30 yrs, Sony has tried many times to make a new format standard. Which one has ever lasted???
    BETA??? UMD??? MINIDISK??? hmm....... now blueray....... i see another stinker for Sony... track records mean alot...
    FYI: I thought I should point this out. The Compact Disc, yes CDs, were created jointly by Sony. I don't think that failed... quite the opposite, it's very popular.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_disc
    In 1979Philips and Sony set up a joint task force of engineers to design the new digital audio disc.
    They also made the CD-ROM and CD-R's.
    In June 1985, the CD-ROM (read-only memory) and, in 1990, CD-Recordable were introduced, also developed by Sony and Philips.


    Sony sometimes fails, and sometimes they have a success. How else do you create a new format? One takes a chance. It either will succeed or sink.

    Oh, and also blu-ray is spelt without an "e".

  18. #43
    Dedicated Member
    noble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,060
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    Yeah, it sucks that PS3 owners had to wait a month or two before another AAA title comes out, as opposed to all the 360 owners that wait much longer... And, it was nice there was an AAA title out at launch that people are still playing because it's great, not because there's nothing else to play... We're getting more great titles sooner than we did with the PS1 or PS2, so I have ZERO complaints...

    Anyways... at this point what's happening is that we're seeing PS3 owners buying up Blu-Ray movies like select few people DIDN'T THINK would happen... And shows the potential each PS3 sold has to the industry... Really, at this point, it'd be the best for the industry for Universal to support BOTH formats... and if that happens, all major players will be supporting Blu-Ray, and that'd put the seal on it... Afterall, Blu-Ray has more support right now than HD-DVD does... As long as there's no money deals with Universal right now going on, I don't see them holding out too much longer as they'd like to cash in probably as well seeing Blu-Ray is selling...

    I had a nice smart arsed post all set up here to prove how wrong you were about the 360 not having any games, but then I figured, why bother? It's just going to drag this thread out even longer.


  19. #44
    Forum Elder
    DontKnowMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,802
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    395 (0 Banked)
    HD-DVD has really dropped the ball here.
    Your own fans have turned against you? WTF are you doing, this isn't how you win a war.
    First Toshiba loses the right to manufacture SED tv's and now HD-DVD is dying.
    This won't be a good year for Toshiba.

  20. #45
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    105,212 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think a lot of people are overlooking Matsu****a's role in BluRay development. It's really not a Sony only format like UMD was or even Betamax. A lot of big industry players were lined up for BluRay long before Toshiba even dreamed of starting a format beyond the DVD disc.

    This isn't about Sony dropping a proprietary format on everyones lap, it's just an execution of a gameplan that has been in the making for quite some time. Do people think it's some kind of mistake that Universal is carrying the HD-DVD format all by themselves? For all of microsofts bluster in 2005 and 2006, their add-on device to the 360 doesn't do nearly enough for a format hinging it's bets on a name alone..

    BluRay will be the next Compact Disc, not Betamax. Anyone with a shred of intelligence can go to the BluRay associations website and see that they have all their ducks in a row and have marching orders. Meanwhile, the HD-DVD camp is spinning in place and all they have to say for themselves is "Betamax was made by Sony"... Money walks and the bullcrap talks. I can't even imagine what the HD-DVD camp is thinking. I know Bill Gates wanted to create competition for BluRay diodes to set back the PS3 but now that Sony and Matsu****a have new fabrication facilities up and running they might as well cash in their chips now and roll over.

  21. #46
    Master Guru
    Cyrann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,722
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    204 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by fight_music View Post
    This won't be a good year for Toshiba.
    Or for HD-DVD...

    I hope this ends sooner than later, so that I can not only expand my Blu-ray collection, but also have zero cognative dissonance!

  22. #47
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    105,212 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hell, I expect to see Apple laptops with BluRay drives by 2008!

  23. #48
    Forum Elder
    DontKnowMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,802
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    395 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Hell, I expect to see Apple laptops with BluRay drives by 2008!
    I would add a X360 Blu-Ray add on to to that list too.

  24. #49
    Power Member
    Stoffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,656
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    2,369 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by fight_music View Post
    I would add a X360 Blu-Ray add on to to that list too.
    That would be funny to see.

  25. #50
    DarthIncidious
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    That would be funny to see.
    if hddvd fails, i hope they make one, cuz im not buying a full priced bluray player anytime soon.

    all the other stuff is just everyones "i love bluray" fanboyisms. It will be years before anything major dies at either side. Keep saying that only 1 studio supports hddvd, you might believe its true. Just also helps that the one that your saying is one of the biggest if not the biggest in the world.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Quick Question Please Help
    By doyle1228 in forum PlayStation 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 17:45
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 in EU
    By carlos8689 in forum PlayStation Legacy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 18:11
  3. Resistance audio problem
    By foots in forum Trash Can
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 23:40
  4. Maryland vs Wakeforest
    By Da KingOfPhilly in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 21:39
  5. PS3 Xbox Live Arcade equivalant name leaked?
    By GuySpook in forum PlayStation 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 09:03

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.