Pots n' Pans Robot

Rogue Galaxy sequel on PS3 a possibility!

But only when Level-5 finishes White Knight I imagine. For all we know they may have already begun laying down plans for Rogue Galaxy 2, but all we know now is that they are interested in a sequel, and interested in PS3:

Interview with the North American Producer, Nao Higo:

If we do make a sequel, Id like to see it on the PS3. Just think. Pirates, space, hi-def. Itd be so beautiful, itd make a telekinetic baby doll cry in joy.
    http://www.rpgland.com/games/roguega...interview.html
    Check the link for the interview in it's entirety!

Level-5 seems to be the type of company that can handle multiple large projects at once, but I think they will want to play it safe with Rogue Galaxy, which many claim to be their new flagship RPG franchise. They will most likely wait until most of the leg work on White Knight Story is completed before getting into the meat of production on Rogue Galaxy. Besides, they want to make sure they know the PS3 hardware first right?
    Kevin Levine on Bioshock PS3: "...were not talking about any other versions right now."

Elite Sage
    OMG FOR REAL!!!

I'd have to get my hands on the first Rogue Galaxy living in Europe and all but it'll just blow my mind what they could do on the PS3.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Superior Member

I would imagine seeing a Rogue Galaxy 2 after White Knight Story.
    Samsung HL-S5087W 50'' 1080p DLP
    Sony PLAYSTATION 3 (PSN ID: PaiPai)
    Nintendo Wii (WiiNumber: 2786 8436 6692 3511)
    XBL Gamertag: PaiPaiMaster
    FFXI: Rockman of Midgardsormr

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Wait, I thought Rogue Galaxy just came out a little bit ago? (Least in the states) So, isn't it a little bit early to be getting ahead of ourselves and asking for a rogue galaxy two? (or is it just that good?)
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Apprentice
    Yeah I'm waiting for the first game be released in Europe and they're already planning a sequel for PS3!Cool.

Although I prefer Level 5 to get WKS done or almost done before start working on Rogue Galaxy 2 to make sure the first one is an amazing game (I really believe it will be)!

Great news for PS3 owners, one more big RPG in the works for it!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    WKS and RG2 will be bought day one.
    Level-5 FTMFW

Superior Member

Great news! Now to play the first one when it comes out...
    Torn between getting a UK or US PS3 - decisions, decisions....

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    Wait, I thought Rogue Galaxy just came out a little bit ago? (Least in the states) So, isn't it a little bit early to be getting ahead of ourselves and asking for a rogue galaxy two? (or is it just that good?)
    -FatesServant

Rouge Galaxy has actually been out over a year in JP already.

I hope they finish White Knight Story soon (early 2008?)

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Scarl
    Quote Originally Posted by Organic_Shadow View Post
    But only when Level-5 finishes White Knight I imagine. For all we know they may have already begun laying down plans for Rogue Galaxy 2, but all we know now is that they are interested in a sequel, and interested in PS3:

Interview with the North American Producer, Nao Higo:

http://www.rpgland.com/games/roguega...interview.html
    Check the link for the interview in it's entirety!

Level-5 seems to be the type of company that can handle multiple large projects at once, but I think they will want to play it safe with Rogue Galaxy, which many claim to be their new flagship RPG franchise. They will most likely wait until most of the leg work on White Knight Story is completed before getting into the meat of production on Rogue Galaxy. Besides, they want to make sure they know the PS3 hardware first right?
    Great news, Rogue Galaxy for the PS2 is already a fantastic PS3 game. Rogue Galaxy 2 using the White Knight engine would be sick.

Hardware:
    60Gig PS3, 750 Gig PS3 Slim, 55" Toshiba HDTV, Sony 5.1 Surround System
    Currently Playing: Dead Island: Riptide

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Organic_Shadow View Post
    Level 5 certainly aren't keeping all their eggs in one basket. If Rogue Galaxy fails to make an impact (which I think is quite unlikely), White Knight Story should turn heads. Both RPG titles have a huge amount of potential, and could well plant Level 5 firmly on the mainstream map.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Riskbreaker View Post
    Rouge Galaxy has actually been out over a year in JP already.

I hope they finish White Knight Story soon (early 2008?)
    well, yeah, but thats in Japan. They always get the games before we do. So, unless someone imported the game and what not, and already played it in Japanese (Which I know has most likely been done by a small multitude of people) most of us havn't actually had the chance to play yet, much less beat the game. Unless someones just rushed through it, playing 24 seven, although, it is supposed to be a 100 hour rpg. But yeah, I dont know, it just seems a bit early to me for people to start getting excited about a second one ( unless they beat the first one) In the end though, I suppose I cant really talk, as im really looking forward to FFversusXIII and XIII isnt even going to be out for another year, year and a half... As a side note though, Level Five has been doing great lately. Can't wait for WKS and a chance to play Rogue Galaxy.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Elite Sage
    Doesn't matter.

Rogue Galaxy was finished and launched 10 months ago so they've probably moved most of their resources to either DQIX or White Knight Story while a smaller team works away at the translation and extra content on RG US and RG PAL.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

jakncoke
    How good is Rogue Galaxy selling , also anyone own it ? and is it a must buy , wait till a price cut buy , or just a rental .

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    How good is Rogue Galaxy selling , also anyone own it ? and is it a must buy , wait till a price cut buy , or just a rental .
    MUST BUY DAMMIT BUY IT NOW, Its great man!
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

jakncoke
    No cash at the moment . Still need to get my Ps3 .

Pots n' Pans Robot
    I really hope Level-5 is as serious about this being one of their new main IP's as they seem to be. I remember hearing a while back that Rogue Galaxy was planned as a trilogy from the beginning, but that may just be some quick assumptions and/or bad translations from Japanese news sites and magazines.

I really hope Rogue Galaxy is going to be continued, and I hope that Level-5 hears us out on wanting more.

I just got Rogue Galaxy and im only past the first "boss". This game has completely blown my mind. I thought Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon Quest VIII were the ultimate from Level-5, and then I played this. It's like a mix of both. I just can't get over how addicting fun this game is, and foresee myself craving it more and more the closer I get to finishing it like I did with Dark Cloud 2 and DQ8.
    Kevin Levine on Bioshock PS3: "...were not talking about any other versions right now."

Master Poster
    Yes, please. Give us many RPG:s level 5.

Elite Member
    Hopefully Level-5 gets around to bringing us a Dark Cloud 3/ Rouge Galaxy 2/ Dragon Quest IX all while Tri-Ace brings us Star Ocean 4. It would be RPG gaming bliss on the PS3.
    P L A Y S T A T I O N 3
    I N
    2 0 10

Lupe Fiasco; this generations most lyrical, deepest and best rapper! True Hip Hop

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Scarl
    Quote Originally Posted by Travaughn View Post
    Hopefully Level-5 gets around to bringing us a Dark Cloud 3/ Rouge Galaxy 2/ Dragon Quest IX all while Tri-Ace brings us Star Ocean 4. It would be RPG gaming bliss on the PS3.
    If those other games are half as fun as Rogue Galaxy, they will all be *must haves*.

Hardware:
    60Gig PS3, 750 Gig PS3 Slim, 55" Toshiba HDTV, Sony 5.1 Surround System
    Currently Playing: Dead Island: Riptide

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    that would be awesome if they made a Rogue Galaxy game for the PS3.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    I am still in the process of finishing FFXII before I take on Rogue but it's definately on my "to play" list. WKS should be an amzing title for PS3. I would also like to see what kind of Dark Cloud gameplay and story they could come up with on PS3 hardware. Level 5 is slowly but surely on their way to the top. SE's got some serious competition ahead of them.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Pots n' Pans Robot
    Quote Originally Posted by Travaughn View Post
    Yes, let's not forget Dark Cloud 3. I think this game is one of those "he who's name which we do not speak of" type games where it's in hiding at the moment, and when we least expect it's dropped on us like a nuclear warhead. Level-5 is probably making sure they know the PS3 hardware very well before even starting work on DC3. I remember there was an interview a while back with them and DC3 was mentioned. They said that it was on hold because they had been asked by SE to do DQ8. Fast forward several years and still no word on it. This is most likely due to the nextgen transition.

Dark Cloud 1 was their "let's get to know the PS2 hardware" game and then they released DC2 to show us what they could do with all that knowledge. If WKS is their "DC1" for PS3 then I imagine whatever they come out with next on PS3 will be phenomenal.

Thread Information