Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Member

Desperate for help...video card not working

Runing Vista Home Basic

My computer came installed with a Raedon X1950GT and it worked fine. The system also came with a disk (Catalyst Driver Suite Version 7.1)for the card. I tried runing it but it always crashed on me so I decided not to, as everything ran fine already.

Then recently for some reason i ran the disk again and this time it installed. First thing i noticed was that my comp was laggy and that the card was no longer recognized. The software itself says its known to have incompatibility issues, gives me an option to run anyways, and then gives me a page with no options. I tried a lot of different things, from deleting the software, system restore, etc. Im still in the same situationa and when I go under device manager>display adapters>I get 2 listed. ATI Radeon X1950GT secondary and Standars VGA graphics adapter. Now im completely confused and would appreciate any help on fixing this or just starting over. I wouldnt mind just re-installing the driver or w/e i would need to fix this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Elite Sage

Instal drivers from their own site, not the ones that came in the box, this has been a problem with ATI's cards recently.. Just my personal opinion, but you should have gone with Nvidea, and most people (everone I know in real life, not on here) would say the same.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by behemoko View Post
    Instal drivers from their own site, not the ones that came in the box, this has been a problem with ATI's cards recently.. Just my personal opinion, but you should have gone with Nvidea, and most people (everone I know in real life, not on here) would say the same.
    Yea i tried that. I think thats what it was runing on before. Its sort of strange though because all i get with it is catallyst install manager with uninstall and update manager inside. Neither of these seem to do any good. Is there a way i could delete all video drivers and just freshly restart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Thread Information