Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Ps3 is dead?

Ps3 is dead?

WTF? We all know something like this will not come close to killing the ps3 (source: joystiq):

unbiased my foot, that is clearly propaganda

Apprentice

Unbiased...yet they say the Ps3 is dead. :P
    Future PSN Id:InTheMystOfAWiseman.
    Future PSN Handle: Kain Amenderra.
    Now Playing:Onimusha Dawn of Dreams.
    Anticipating: Pirates of the Carribean Deadmans Chest.

Dedicated Member
    do you think there's actually halo 3 stuff in there? i might just have to pick it up. but you'd think there would be stuff on the internet if it's in a mag.

edit: nm, just looked at the date - Nov. issue

but on topic... i wonder what exactly they say in that mag that would try to convince people that the ps3 is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by themann4200
    but on topic... i wonder what exactly they say in that mag that would try to convince people that the ps3 is dead.
    Perhaps confirm bill gates' plan to release halo 3 on the release of ps3. But I'm not so sure that would kill the ps3.

Power Member
    How can the PS3 be dead when its not even out yet? Noone knows what Halo 3 will look like or what its about. It's like what surrealnightmare said, its propaganda.

Edited: Added the below

Quote Originally Posted by themann4200
    They are Xbox fans, they don't need any proof to think that the PS3 is dead besides Halo. Even with out seeing it or knowing what Halo 3 is, to them, it doesn't matter.

Elite Member

they are living off the idea that Halo is a system killer app. Yeah right ... ! just as Halo 1 and Halo 2 killed the PS1. i wouldn't count on the gaming public to switch to a system because they have one or two good games it takes alot in this market to switch loyalty. look how long Nintendo had the throne. MS hasn't done much with the last generation in terms of software. they had a few killer apps. but they lost big time. i don't know what makes anybody think that one game will win the war even after it has been proved that it won't.

i myself feel that halo is overrated when being called a cosole killer

I have complete loyalty to Sony as of now. they give me lots of game way better then Halo. halo is just a FPS game. and I don't really like games like that. Also I in to other type of games which M$ fail to give me for my joy. Live is nice but most of my games are offline. I don't like there controller at all.

Quote Originally Posted by surrealnightmare
    i myself feel that halo is overrated when being called a cosole killer
    U know i been saying that for a while now.. cause 1 game can't kill the ps3.. not with the line up ps3 has.. i feel that mag is a thread of hope to ms..
    Got my eyes on a black PS3...

Elite Sage
    this is funny, PS3 is dead because of Halo, "welcome to the REAL next gen" jeez this is hilarious!!

It's a scan and is going to get deleted when the mods see it.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Superior Member

who cares they use propaganda just like sony, its just words, and if you believe fully in either MS,Sony or Nintendo its really your own loss.

Superior Member

Its a missprint they ment to say PS2 is dead.,... remember 360 is competing with ps2 not ps3 hahaha

Dedicated Member
    Ummm hellooooo!!!
    Doesnt it tell you something when the magazines name is xbox world?!?!?!
    Working on a new sig...

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantoK
    Ummm hellooooo!!!
    Doesnt it tell you something when the magazines name is xbox world?!?!?!
    Yep, it also says unbiased. As you can tell, they are lieing to you right there.

Apprentice

The only reason they are saying things like this is because down deep they are really scared of the PS3 and what it represents for the future of gaming. The xbox360 is a good machine but it will likely go the way of the dinosaur unless it can sell for a price significantly below the PS3 which it won't be able to. The next console that MS build's if they are still able to do it will have a cell or cell like CPU.

Or, if not a cell, it will be cheap stolen technology from the PC with a modest CPU and PPU combined with a good GPU. THe thing is, is that MS is fundamentally a software company and Sony is a hardware engineering company. There is no way that MS will ever be able to compete with Sony's years of experience in hardware innovation.

The PS4 could be simply a dual cpu cell with graphics refresh. But this will not be necessary as you will be able to connect PS3 to a cheap dual cell CPU blade server with dual gigabit ethernet. IN the future games will take advantage a massively parallel AI and Physics number crunching. The system will be so real and powerful and cheap that Universities will use the system to model scientific dynamic behavior.

Hezz

Elite Member

too bad it's prolly fake... i'd like to see what the next Halo has in store... H2, or, Halo 1.5, was a disappointment, but Halo 1 was a great game... i have faith they could possibly give us Halo 2 finally...

Xbox world 360, being a BIAS'd MAG?! no way... why would they???

wonder how long it's going to take someone to come in here and post that this is flame bait since it's deliberately posted here in the PS3 section, as opposed to the 360 section...

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney
    too bad it's prolly fake... i'd like to see what the next Halo has in store... H2, or, Halo 1.5, was a disappointment, but Halo 1 was a great game... i have faith they could possibly give us Halo 2 finally...

Xbox world 360, being a BIAS'd MAG?! no way... why would they???

wonder how long it's going to take someone to come in here and post that this is flame bait since it's deliberately posted here in the PS3 section, as opposed to the 360 section...
    Yeah i know what you mean *waits for the poster*
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

After seeing mgs4.. how can anyone say that the ps3 is dead.. gotta be in Ms Pockets.. lol.. either that or they just blind to the fact that no longer is there no power greater than the X.. Cause ps3 got the thrown now.. i guess its denial..
    Got my eyes on a black PS3...

It's not flame bait, I just wanted to know what other's thought about this.

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, they can have their keyboardless, mouseless Master Chief.

Power Member
    I think it can belong in either section. Yets its an Xbox magazine, but its also pointing at the PS3. And making a blunt bold statement about it btw.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by npsken
    It's not flame bait, I just wanted to know what other's thought about this.
    yeah but this is what happens when someone percieves it as flamebait, when it was a genuine discussion.

http://www.ps3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=7148
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Superior Member

If they rush Halo 3, it will actually become Halo 2.5(the way Halo2 was supposed to be).

No magazine is unbiased, lets face it, everyone loves one system more then another. I love Xbox and PS2, but I love PS2 more cause they have more games that I like. Its going to be the same way with the Xbox360 and PS3, ill love one more then the other depending on who has the most games I like overall.
    Current Game Systems: PS2|Xbox|PSP

Systems Coming Soon: PS3|X360

Apprentice

lol yeah ps3 is dead
    that made me cry out with laughed
    SONY CAN F*** themself for this DELAY.

Thread Information