Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

All info about X-Box 2 and PS3, wheres the Nintendo?

Is nintendo going down the drain, I haven't heard anything about the new one. I personally am not really interested in it, but they should be designing a new system right?
    --Daniel- -Silverton--

Veteran
    They are designing a console/portable hybrid system. Should be interesting but I don't personally believe it will do well.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Anthony Hanses - Owner - Colloquy LLC

Yeah. Hopefully they will decide to do some 3rd parties or somthing.
    --Daniel- -Silverton--

Blake
    Quit trying to write off Nintendo just because you have a little bit of bias against them..This coming generation is Nintendos last shot to do something great before they are done with as a console company. I for one will support them, remember they may not be disclosing much about their coming console but they did say it will be something quite revolutionary hence "revolution".

Dedicated Member
    Revolution huh? It's hard to expect anything from it when there's nothing to know about it.
    "If the evolutionary roads like the PS3 are closed off, the industry will no longer grow." - Hideo Kojima
    "Oh God... please don't let me die today! Tomorrow would be so much better!"
    "Management is like playing a strategy game." - GalCiv2
    Weekly Console Hardware Sales in Japan last updated on March 26, 2009

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They are keeping a tight seal...that doesn't mean they're going to fail. I personally think Nintendo has something amazing in store for us. You can't rule out any of the companies...none of them have released their next console yet. Just give it some time. They may surprise us at next year's E3 =)
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Veteran
    I am sorry if I have been coming off as biased against Nintendo. I actually want them to do a good job, it's just hard to remain optimistic about them considering their recent endevors and what I have heard about their next generation plans.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Administrator
    You've been sounding biased about every system...not just Nintendo Just kidding. I hope Nintendo doesn't blow it this time =(
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Blake
    Quote Originally Posted by siren
    I am sorry if I have been coming off as biased against Nintendo. I actually want them to do a good job, it's just hard to remain optimistic about them considering their recent endevors and what I have heard about their next generation plans.
    Though it is subtle it is really silverton that kind had me thinking biased, I know better than to believe you are biased siren.

Administrator
    I don't think he's biased either. He's too intelligent to sound biased. I enjoy reading his posts. It's the people who post things that have no basis or logical arguement that tend to bother me a little...

Veteran
    But, But, like the Xbox is so cool, it roxors my boxors, and like things and stuff !!!11111!!!!!!11!11!

Sorry, just had to do that.

Back on topic

Thed funny thing is that on further consideration I think Nintendo may have a great idea. The issue at hand is if they can sell it to joe consumer. The idea of a console that parents can buy for their kids then their kids can bring it along and play it in the car easily, or that you could play on a train or bus with a decent size screen "could" work.

They may open up an entirely new market (which I assume is their plan). I just don't think that they can convince people to buy this and a Gameboy. It seems like they are going to just cut further into their own market.

Administrator
    Haha...that's sooo funny

Veteran
    i do like nintendo DS.... its wayyyyyyy better then gameboy... no offence to anyof the people
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Blake
    Thats nice and all but that doesnt pertain to this topic.

You cant hold a few mistakes against nintendo. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be here now.Just think if Nintendo didn't try to stay true to their roots with the 64 Sony wouldn't even be a console competitor.
    Fear gains man naught, your future is cast!!!!

Elite Sage
    No need to worry about Big N. They got everything under control... After all, during a Press Release, they said that they will also be joining the chaos of ONLINE gaming... This should indicate that they are still on the tip of their toes .
    Comments attributed to Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto in this week's Famitsu magazine indicate that the company is planning to bring its systems online within a three to four year timescale, with DS leading the way.

Miyamoto, credited as the design genius behind key Nintendo franchises including Zelda and Mario, told the magazine that online gaming will reach the mainstream within three to four years, and that Nintendo will be moving in that direction as a result.

In the current generation of console hardware, only Nintendo has shied away from providing online gaming services on their system - arguing that online play is not of interest to the majority of consumers as yet.

However, a translation of Miyamoto's comments in Famitsu which has been posted on the Internet reveals that he expects the Nintendo DS to get online games in the near future, which would lead Nintendo's movement into the online space.

DS online functionality would presumably use the system's wireless LAN capabilities to hook up to the Internet. At present, these functions can be used to communicate between DS units for wireless multiplayer or chat.

Intriguingly, Miyamoto implied that Nintendo is working with Square Enix on developing the online system for the DS. Square Enix formerly developed the PlayOnline system for the PlayStation 2, which was used as a launcher for Final Fantasy XI but had the capability to be used as a more comprehensive online gaming system.

Square Enix has confirmed that it is working on titles for the Nintendo DS, with a handheld version of its GameCube multiplayer RPG title, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, expected to launch next year. As yet the publisher hasn't commented on the possibility of this title having online functionality.

Elsewhere in the interview, Miyamoto also confirmed that a new Mario title, which is still being called Mario 128, is still in development for the GameCube - not for the company's next-generation Revolution console, as had been rumoured previously.

He also mentioned that Nintendo is working with "strong allies" to create a new Pokemon title for the Cube, but could not reveal further details of what this title would be.
    Source: http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5666
    I am a moron. Do not argue with me because I will drag you down to my level and win with experience .

My Imba 'net speed (no joke):

Veteran
    The idea of a console that parents can buy for their kids then their kids can bring it along and play it in the car easily, or that you could play on a train or bus with a decent size screen "could" work.
    Are you saying the Nintendo's next syatem is somthing like the Sega Nomad?

Administrator
    No, it's not going to be ANYTHING like the SEGA Nomad, and I particularly don't see how the idea would work. I wouldn't want to bring my GameCube around [as an example] and then play it in my car because it has a screen. Seems like a waste, IMO.

And there's almost NO info yet on Nintendo's next console.

Veteran
    Call me old fashioned, but last time I checked, game consoles were for the Home and handhelds are for taking with you when you travel someplace.

Anyway...The news that Nintendo are planning an online system is certainly good news.

Veteran
    What I have heard, which could be wrong (don't have a lot of info on revolution) is that it will actually be something like the Nomad on crack.

It will be a slightly more powerful system based on the GC hardware.

It will be a tablet style device that is completely portable and sports a 15" screen that runs in roughly 640x480.

The wireless will be mainly for linking up 2 or more systems that are close together (similar to Nintendo DS).

It will allow people to play multiplayer games with others that are close to them even if they don't have the game. (as long as one person has the game, several can join in and play).

It will have tie ins to the DS or the next Nintendo handheld or both. It will allow for larger games to be designed for the portables. These games will come with a "Revolution" disc that will have the entire game. When you put this disc into the Revolution and the DS/GB cartidge you can transfer the next set of levels over to a rewriteable portion of the cartidge.

Anonymous

you f00l!

Gaud you imbecile! N64 sucked! Not to sound biased, and you may think I'm a n00b to this message board, but I know what I'm talking about. Nintedo had a chance to team up with Sony. THE SONY! The Sony that makes the human race worth something! And they threw it away! (sob sob) Sony would have crushed the unreleased (for good reason) Nintedo CD system, even if it had come into being if "they didn't stay true to their roots"
    Read "The Ultimate History of Video Games" and think before you type.

Administrator
    Don't flame other members, and don't make Fanboy-esque posts [although from your title, I can already tell you're going make those kinds of posts anyway]. BUT...please refrain from doing so. Thanks.

Elite Member

You're calling SIREN AND IMBECILE?!

Nintendo is under close whatever...so no one will know...there not gonna use mini-dvds...I bet that guy, I forgot his name regretted it because PS2/Xbox MANY people use it purely as a controlled DVD Player...

Veteran
    N64 sucked because Nintendo ditched Sony? You must be efin' crazy.
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Forum Elder
    Oh god, he’s a fan boy, what do u expect another "this sucks and this rocks" story...its getting pretty annoying. I don’t think he'll be coming back anytime soon.

Thread Information