Extra content for games wont be free in the EU

A falta de un intenso mes de emociones para la llegada de PlayStation 3 en nuestro territorio, se acaban de anunciar, ahora, los precios de los juegos de PS3, tanto los "normales" como los de PlayStation Network. Así pues, los juegos que saldrán junto a PS3, como F1 Championship Edition, Motorstorm, Resistance Fall of a Man, Genji y Ridge Racer podrán adquirirse a un precio recomendado de 59,99€.

También ha anunciado Sony que desde PlayStation Network podremos conseguir, a un precio muy reducido (más o menos 1€) nuevos ítems para nuestros juegos o hasta trailers de los siguientes videojuegos que saldrán para PS3.
    Summary:
    Price for the regular games (bought in a regular store) will be of 59euros (78$).
    And that from the regular store you will be able to buy extra items for your character or even trailers for the upcomming games for PS3 for around 1 euro.
    I've seen people arguing if new stuff would be free, seems like in the European Union won't be free, and they will have to pay for extra features or trailers.
    (If someone else posted it, sorry!)

Here's the link:
    http://www.mundogamers.com/ps3/noticia/3449.html

¡Viva México Cabrones!
    Así pues, David Reeves, Presidente y Director General de SCEE dice "Será completamente gratuito registrarse en PlayStation Network, sin cargos de suscripción, y descargarse demos gratuitas.
    ¿Cual es tu punto?

Summary:
    What is your point?..

As I read it, it says that the extra items for games would cost as little as 1 Euro. It doesn't say anything about paying for the trailers, it just says that they will be available. The 1 Euro price is for the items, not the trailers.

You forgot to quote where it says that the demos are going to be free. I quoted it for you and I even bolded it so you won't miss it again.

Dedicated Member
    games for the british will be 40 pounds and the EU is something close to that

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It doesnt say anything about paying for trailers. It basically says there will be cheap additional content but doesn't mention anything about charging for the usual freebies.

In fact, I distinctly recall reading an article stating that GT:HD would be a FREE download in the PAL store.

BloodChannel
    $78?! That's a little steep.
    Even with the $60 price tag in the U.S, I still find most/all mine on E-bay for cheaper from unlucky sellers.

Forum Elder
    the trailers are going to be free...

Forum Guru
    Rides in on Hunter Alpha

Rips TC's hands off and smack him with them
    and forces him back under his bridge

"Be Gone Troll"

Dedicated Member
    http://www.game.co.uk/browse.aspx?ref=topnav&cat=11482
    look on here british games are 40 pounds i think eu are somewhere around there
    and yes i also read an article which stated that gt:hd will be free in all pal regions

majinvegeta
    OH OH!! CAN I say it?>!! PWNED!!

debunked, lets lock this thread, its useless. Euro game prices will be 39.99 pounds, at least games from Sony, and online goodies will be free unless noted. So demo's, movie trailers, game trailers, online playability will be free like it is in North America and Japan.

Sockpuppet
    This thread confuses and scares me.

Sounds like they are charging for additional content which is pretty much the norm.

Superior Member

They're going to charge for additional game content in N/A as well. There just isn't a game out there such as Oblivion that's doing it yet. Demo's and trailers will still be free. It wouldn't make sense to charge one area and not another. If they charged for Demos and Trailers here we'd just all get Japanese accounts. Problem solved.

Super Elite

First in the article they said they will charge about 1 euro for some new items

for games and demos . Then at the end the main guy from Sony said they will be

free. Seems very confusing.

¡Viva México Cabrones!
    Quote Originally Posted by reality View Post
    First in the article they said they will charge about 1 euro for some new items

for games and demos . Then at the end the main guy from Sony said they will be

free. Seems very confusing.
    No, no, no...

You are confused

My native language is Spanish and I can tell you that nowhere in the article it says that they will charge for trailers or demos. They say that they will charge for extra items (as everywhere else) and they also mention in that same sentence that there will also be trailers available. People are just confusing the wording of that sentence.

También ha anunciado Sony que desde PlayStation Network podremos conseguir, a un precio muy reducido (más o menos 1€) nuevos ítems para nuestros juegos o hasta trailers de los siguientes videojuegos que saldrán para PS3.
    It literally translates to: "Also, Sony has announced that from the PlayStation Network we could get, at a reduced price (1€ more or less) new items for our games or even trailers from the upcoming videogames that will come out for PS3"
    The "reduced price" part is refering to just the extra items for the games and not the trailers or demos. I can see why people would be confused but if you look closely, you can see that it just says that we can get extra items at a reduced price and we can also get trailers. No price was mentioned for trailers.

Yes, at the end of the article, it is clearly stated that demos are going to be free!!! Something that the OP conviniently "forgot" to quote or translate. Let's put this thread to rest already! DEBUNKED!

Apprentice
    me thinks this guy here is trying to make sony look bad by misinterpreting a piece of news on purpose. doesn't people get banned here for doing this? this one is clearly either stupid or an xbot.

p.s. or both

allright! enough is enough people. are u serious buddy??
    me thinks this guy here is trying to make sony look bad by misinterpreting a piece of news on purpose. doesn't people get banned here for doing this? this one is clearly either stupid or an xbot.

p.s. or both
    u gotta be kidding! u see a conspiration behind everything or what? I OWN a PS3 and the first thing I want is the PS3 to be good! Second of all, I couldnt care LESS about paying 1 miserable euro for extra content.
    Now for those: whats your point? this is useless? I meant the extra content such as: new costumes? more maps? etc etc etc, the videos were a mistake sorry. and for the smartass saying EURO price will be 39,99 POUNDs, well the pound has NOTHING of european, because is way too british, so in the UE (EUROPEAN UNION) which is more countries that UK (BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!) it will be 59,99!
    This was my first thread, u guys make me wanna leave the damn forum, jesus.

like.no.other
    So this implies that paid-for content in the EU will be free in Japan and the US? I somehow doubt that.

Demos and trailers are free - always have been, always will be.
    Phat boy gone slim!

this was kind of an answer to people that were wondering if R:FoM extra content would be free. It probably wont in UE, that is all. My bad for trying to be helpful.

Super Elite
    I think this thread should be closed...... Because euro gamers might not want a ps3 after reading this and this information isn't 100% correct, theres no way they will make ppl in the UK pay for trialers and demos, that would be retarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 60GB Games: R:FOM, FNR3, MotorStorm, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Warhawk, COD4, UT3
    110" HD Projection TV
    PSN:BLAKWALSTREET/ THeGaME--

¡Viva México Cabrones!
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos8689 View Post
    this was kind of an answer to people that were wondering if R:FoM extra content would be free. It probably wont in UE, that is all. My bad for trying to be helpful.
    Again trying to state something that it's not stated in the article. :sleep:

Where in the article does it say what you are saying? :sleep:

Please stop. We (well me in particular) do not care if you leave the forums. If you don't like the forums, then you know what you can do.

Prove that what you are trying to say is anywhere in the article. I bet you you can't because it isn't found anywhere in the article.

Go back to my second post in this thread and you'll see where you are confusing what is being said in the article. I really don't know if you do it on purpos or by mistake but you have no basis to state what is bolded in your quote. Please read more carefully. I am not in Europe so I couldn't care less if UE is greater than UK (I know it is, we are not stupid).:sleep:

Apprentice
    Was the title of this thread and thread itself necessary?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Knowing is not enough,we must apply.Willing is not enough,we must do.

First: never stated anything i said: It PROBABLY wont, so is a PROBABILITY not a statement. Second: I know you don't care, I dont expect you to but this forum targets a FRIENDLY community and you are not helping to achieve it. Third: I say EU is bigger because seems to some British people that UK is the whole UE, so it wasnt even directed to you =) so i repeat just in case you didnt get it... I said it PROBABLY(once more) wont, never assured it. Thank You!

Apprentice
    trilers are free
    as for other content
    games demos i think are free
    old games cost up to about £10
    extra content (guns levels) free- £2.50
    My name is Gareth, But you may call me "Gazza the Great" or "The Most Exalted Destroyer Of Pride."
    You can cower before my mighty thumbs and beg for mercy, but you'll be crushed all the same.
    For I am lord of the Consoles

Thread Information