Page 790 of 975 FirstFirst ... 780790800 ... LastLast
Results 19,726 to 19,750 of 24351

Thread: NFL Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by wesmore24 View Post
    Cool sig greatness. I dont know if you guys talked about this yet, but do you think the Peyton Manning should play another season or retire?
    I hate hearing this question. It is seriously getting old. The guy had a surgery and sat on the bench for a year and the Colts want to throw him away.Although a little younger, No body said should Tom Brady play after he shattered his knee and complications after surgery. Peyton's went smooth and they act like the guy is on his death bed. He is one of the greatest QBs of all time. If he wants to play, he will play. This guy lives football and practically calls all the plays on the field. He is unique and I promise he will be playing next season. Although I'm not sure it will be for the Colts dumbasses. They want to put all their stock in a rookie that they haven't even drafted yet. I don't care where he plays, just as long as it isn't the Jets. Ugh.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 02-08-2012 at 16:51.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    I felt bad for laughing.

3. Likes $Greatness$ , PS4freak likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I don't care where he plays, just as long as it isn't the Jets. Ugh.
    Why not?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Cool sig greatness. I dont know if you guys talked about this yet, but do you think the Peyton Manning should play another season or retire?
    Appreciate it my dude.Felt I'd show my Ravens pride even after they've let me down two years in a row. I'll far as your question go, read below.

I hate hearing this question. It is seriously getting old. The guy had a surgery and sat on the bench for a year and the Colts want to throw him away.Although a little younger, No body said should Tom Brady play after he shattered his knee and complications after surgery. Peyton's went smooth and they act like the guy is on his death bed. He is one of the greatest QBs of all time. If he wants to play, he will play. This guy lives football and practically calls all the plays on the field. He is unique and I promise he will be playing next season. Although I'm not sure it will be for the Colts dumbasses. They want to put all their stock in a rookie that they haven't even drafted yet. I don't care where he plays, just as long as it isn't the Jets. Ugh.
    I understand your sentiment here, but you cannot compare cell/nerve regeneration to torn ACL's, MCL's and PCL's my man. What Brady went through is nothing compared to the complicated situation Peyton is going through. While I do think he'll play this season, it just hard for us to know for sure. There are some reports stating that his throwing velocity is way down. His neck is fine and that's a huge plus, but the most important thing here now is his arm nerves and have they healed completely.

And about the Colts, I understand your sentiment again, but you also have to look at it with reason. Peyton is what? 34, 25 about to get a 25 million dollar roster bonus and have health problems. I'd cut his ass as well. You must take the Steelers approach in this business. Cut a guy a year early than a year late. A lot of great QB's lived and breathed football but had to hang 'em up for health reasons. Troy Aikman wants to say hi. I'd do everything I could to re-sign Peyton if I were the Colts, but that's just not going to happen.

AND YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST... The Colts will draft RG3! CALLED!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

6. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    That's awesome TV right there!
    Awesome sig bro.
    I think he deserves at least one more season.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    wesmore24
    Items EA LogoBattlefield 3Bruce LeeUser name style
    Well yeah, he definitely deserves another season, but still common think about. Most of my reasoning goes along with what Greatness said. Also, I don't want him to retire, but i honestly think he should. If he played for another season there is a good possibility that he will get re-injured in the same location. Is it really THAT worth it?

Forum Guru
    You have to do what is best for the team in the long run. Realistically, if Peyton is healthy he still only has a few years left. The Colts in their current state need to get young talent and re-build. Paying Manning 28 million dollars, especially when you are unsure of his true health status, is a huge gamble. I think it is in the best interest of the team to draft a QB and build a team around him.

Manning is great and has meant everything to the Colts, but you can't let blind loyalty bring down the future of your team. If Manning can indeed play, there are plenty of other teams that could use him, and would be a far better situation for him (more talent already in place and ability to win now).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    You have to do what is best for the team in the long run. Realistically, if Peyton is healthy he still only has a few years left. The Colts in their current state need to get young talent and re-build. Paying Manning 28 million dollars, especially when you are unsure of his true health status, is a huge gamble. I think it is in the best interest of the team to draft a QB and build a team around him.

Manning is great and has meant everything to the Colts, but you can't let blind loyalty bring down the future of your team. If Manning can indeed play, there are plenty of other teams that could use him, and would be a far better situation for him (more talent already in place and ability to win now).
    You make a solid argument but having him play is enough for them for the next 2 years. There is no better playcaller on the field in the NFL than Peyton. Not saying QB skills just playcalling ability. It would be great for them to keep him on just for Luck or RG3 to follow him and learn from the best. Although the money is a big issue here but if Peyton is healthy they will win more than 2 games. I guarantee that. I say pull the Aaron/Brett situation. It worked wonders for the Packers.

The injury is serious and I wouldn't want him to risk his life just to play the game. But he wouldn't be cleared to play if his life was threatened. Mark Schlereth made a great point saying that LBs and DLs had the same injury and surgery went on to play many years afterwards. These guys were banging on every play. Although a QB is more susceptible to whiplash which is very threatening. But there isn't anything saying he is done. Just a little more fragile than before.

As for the question about the Jets. I just hate everything about their organization. They act like they are the greatest team in the NFL before they ever even touch the field. Although this mostly comes down to Ryan giving them the big head. Now their locker room is eating itself from the inside out because of it. Just seems like the worst situation Manning could go to. I personally wouldn't mind see him go to Titans or Jags if he is traded. Two young QBs that he could help out at either place.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 02-09-2012 at 04:04.

11. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    AND YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST... The Colts will draft RG3! CALLED!

I can't see the Colts passing on Luck to draft RG3.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    I can't see the Colts passing on Luck to draft RG3.
    I doubt it too but stranger things have happened. But I seriously would bet a large sum of money that they would draft Luck. I'm that confident.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    I doubt it too but stranger things have happened. But I seriously would bet a large sum of money that they would draft Luck. I'm that confident.
    Agreed. I like RG3 and think he can come in and do what Cam Newton has done in his rookie year but Luck is just a different kind of QB and talent that you can't pass up.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Agreed. I like RG3 and think he can come in and do what Cam Newton has done in his rookie year but Luck is just a different kind of QB and talent that you can't pass up.
    He's like Peyton. That is why he is the perfect fit for them. There hasn't been a QB in the draft that know the position better than the rest by leaps and bounds straight out college since Peyton until now. Don't get me wrong they've had a few great ones since then but Luck is one of the most impressive in years.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    He's like Peyton. That is why he is the perfect fit for them. There hasn't been a QB in the draft that know the position better than the rest by leaps and bounds straight out college since Peyton until now. Don't get me wrong they've had a few great ones since then but Luck is one of the most impressive in years.

Yeah, players like Luck come out about every 10 years or so. When you get a player like that you draft him.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah, players like Luck come out about every 10 years or so. When you get a player like that you draft him.
    Definitely. I'm kind of hoping the Saints tank one year before Drew leaves so we can line up a good QB. JK, in all honesty though. In about 2-3 years they are going to have to start thinking about it. As much as I hate to say it Drew won't be with the Saints forever. Although it will be by retirement and not signing with another team.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 02-09-2012 at 16:44.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    As for the question about the Jets. I just hate everything about their organization. They act like they are the greatest team in the NFL before they ever even touch the field. Although this mostly comes down to Ryan giving them the big head. Now their locker room is eating itself from the inside out because of it. Just seems like the worst situation Manning could go to. I personally wouldn't mind see him go to Titans or Jags if he is traded. Two young QBs that he could help out at either place.
    I don't see the COlts trading Peyton within their division.

He'd be more likely to go to Washington, Seattle, Oakland (lol), or any numebr of places where QB is thin or unstable.

I really wish that the Ravens had 2 picks middle of the first so we could get a LG and C.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

He'd be more likely to go to Washington, Seattle, Oakland (lol), or any numebr of places where QB is thin or unstable.

I really wish that the Ravens had 2 picks middle of the first so we could get a LG and C.
    You are right. I forgot all about them being in their division. I sure hope not Oakland. I just hope he doesn't get traded to the Bucs. Although improbable since they have Freeman but I just don't want to have to watch the Saints face off against Peyton twice in one year! I think he would fit pretty well with Seattle though. I bet Pete is dying for a QB that can actually complete a pass!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Definitely. I'm kind of hoping the Saints tank one year before Drew leaves so we can line up a good QB. JK, in all honesty though. In about 2-3 years they are going to have to start thinking about it. As much as I hate to say it Drew won't be with the Saints forever. Although it will be by retirement and not signing with another team.
    Are you saying Drew Brees will be a Saint in 2012? I think his contract is gonna be up soon.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    You are right. I forgot all about them being in their division. I sure hope not Oakland. I just hope he doesn't get traded to the Bucs. Although improbable since they have Freeman but I just don't want to have to watch the Saints face off against Peyton twice in one year! I think he would fit pretty well with Seattle though. I bet Pete is dying for a QB that can actually complete a pass!
    I think Seattle is a wildcard here. THey've got a decent team, and some good WRs for Peyton to throw to. Not to mention The Beast in the backfield.

In the perfect mix of circumstances, I can see Dallas/Jerry Jones making a play. Especially if Garrett is canned or at least if Romo is cut.

Longshot though.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Are you saying Drew Brees will be a Saint in 2012? I think his contract is gonna be up soon.
    Breezus is a free agent, but let's not be fooled. There is no way in hell he's leaving the Saints until old age. They were cut half their roster to retain such a beast in Drew Bress.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

23. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

It wouldn't matter. If Peyton isn't a Colt next year, it will because he is cut. He will be a free agent and able to go to whatever team can afford him. No trades involved.

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Someone is putting Peyton's face into all the NFL logos...

Scroll down, links to all of them there. Some I love below.

BTW I demand this Peyton face emoticon be added to the forums. Come on mods, get on it!
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

26. Likes XMW, $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Breezus is a free agent, but let's not be fooled. There is no way in hell he's leaving the Saints until old age. They were cut half their roster to retain such a beast in Drew Bress.
    I really like Brees but he's not leaving the Saints anytime soon. Really surprised the Chargers gave up on him, would rather have Brees then Rivers.

I can't see Manning leaving the Colts for some reason. I think he'll sign an incentive laden deal to stay a Colt. If some how he does get cut I see the Redskins pushing real hard for him.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I would too. He's the man!

RGIII and Luck are having their pro days on the same day. That's very odd.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

29. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Super Elite
    I hope Payton Manning leaves the Colts, they suck and they don't deserve his talent. I'd be fine with him going to the Jets/Giants/Bears/49'ers.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Men_Wolverine View Post
    I hope Payton Manning leaves the Colts, they suck and they don't deserve his talent. I'd be fine with him going to the Jets/Giants/Bears/49'ers.
    That one would never happen....

Thread Information