PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    Come on down to Miami, Brees.

No...seriously, request a trade asap.

@ the same old jets. I'm loving it.
    I honestly don't see why the Jets did this. I mean if they want a true passer, they should try for someone else, but this just looks like a slap in the face.

JAX or MIA makes more sense. Even the Bills.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Did you guys see what happened to the Saints? Sean Payton suspended for the entire 2012 year and Williams suspended indefinitely. I knew Goodell was gonna come down hard, but even I didn't expect this. That's harsh.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Did you guys see what happened to the Saints? Sean Payton suspended for the entire 2012 year and Williams suspended indefinitely. I knew Goodell was gonna come down hard, but even I didn't expect this. That's harsh.
    Very harsh. I was expecting half a season at most. Well there goes the chance of playing in our own Superbowl!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Very harsh. I was expecting half a season at most. Well there goes the chance of playing in our own Superbowl!
    Harsh, but fair I reckon.

I'm in the group that is totally against for this over reaction to making the leagure mor offense/passing/QB friendly.

I am all for defense (my fave team is the Ravens, and we are in the AFC North/Defense division!) for pete's sake!

But at the same time, things like this just go too far.

Veteran
    I was watching Scott Van Pelt on ESPN today and one of the guys made a point. Both of the hosts made a point really. One of them said that Gooddell should've came down this hard on the Patriots during Spygate and I totally agree with that. Then the other guy said the reason why he is coming down so hard on the Saints is because the NFL is promoting players' safety.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I was watching Scott Van Pelt on ESPN today and one of the guys made a point. Both of the hosts made a point really. One of them said that Gooddell should've came down this hard on the Patriots during Spygate and I totally agree with that. Then the other guy said the reason why he is coming down so hard on the Saints is because the NFL is promoting players' safety.
    I do agree with that, spygate should be on par with this.

No doubt BB/The PAts, and Steelers are amongst the NFL's babies (including Cowboys, Packers, Raiders and 49ers). Had this been (spygate or bounty) by the Ravens, Jax, or Seattle; then I wouldn't doubt even harsher punishments.

You can see it in officiating and whatnot.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I do agree with that, spygate should be on par with this.

No doubt BB/The PAts, and Steelers are amongst the NFL's babies (including Cowboys, Packers, Raiders and 49ers). Had this been (spygate or bounty) by the Ravens, Jax, or Seattle; then I wouldn't doubt even harsher punishments.

You can see it in officiating and whatnot.
    Yeah Goodell would have received death threats from Pats fans if he would have suspended Belichick for a year. I hate how big market teams get special treatment in situations like this. I understand this is a safety issue but cheating is cheating as well. But I don't disagree with the suspension at all they caught and have to pay the price. I will say though I think that the Steelers just haven't been caught for this as well. I mean look at Harrison. You can't tell me that guy isn't trying to make some extra money on the side. Just my thoughts. Luckily though they didn't have to give up their 1st round pick next year. I just don't think that Payton should have to sit for a whole year but he is the scapegoat for this kind of thing so it lets coaches know they aren't immortal from the NFL's rulings.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    How Manning can turn down a team like the Niners is crazy. He probably just went to the Broncos because of Elway. Guess manning didn't want to win another Super Bowl before he retires. Now the Niners are kissing Alex Smith's ass and hoping he comes back.

Would love to see Wallace leave the Steelers and go anywhere else.

Wonder where Tebow goes now? Jacksonville maybe? The Dolphins signed Gerrard.

-----------

Dolphins fans calm down and hand off. Brees isn't going anywhere.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Bucs time to shine

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    wesmore24
    Items EA LogoBattlefield 3Bruce LeeUser name style
    It's not too harsh. I mean the saints are a well respected team with well respected players (and coaches) so they expect more out of them. Then for the saints to do what they did just turns the tables, they got what they deserve.

The Heisman

still no word from KJ...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    wesmore24
    Items EA LogoBattlefield 3Bruce LeeUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post

still no word from KJ...

lol the last one is good

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post

still no word from KJ...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I honestly don't see why the Jets did this. I mean if they want a true passer, they should try for someone else, but this just looks like a slap in the face.

JAX or MIA makes more sense. Even the Bills.
    JAX wants to develop Gabbert and they also just signed Henne, there would be no where to put Tebow.

I can see it now, as soon as Sanchez has a bad game the Jets fans will be calling for Tebow. As if Sanchez wasn't feeling the pressure to win already.

The Saints are a mess and they still need to sign Brees, wonder what happens with him now?

Forum Guru
    Bears signed Michael Bush to a 4 year 14 million dollar contract with 7 guaranteed. Great pickup for the Bears.

I wish Forte would accept that the Bears want to pay him, not overpay him. He complains he's not getting market value, but the market value is being inflated by bad deals that are showing themselves. Deangelo and CJ got overpaid, and AP gets a huge deal and blows his leg out. I honestly think Forte deserves more than guys like Jamaal Charles and Frank Gore, but less than AP, Arian Foster or Lesean McCoy. Something like 7 to 7.5 million a year for 4 to 5 years with about half guaranteed seems pretty fitting to me.

Look at the teams winning superbowls...it isn't teams with RBs with huge contracts.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    JAX wants to develop Gabbert and they also just signed Henne, there would be no where to put Tebow.

I can see it now, as soon as Sanchez has a bad game the Jets fans will be calling for Tebow. As if Sanchez wasn't feeling the pressure to win already.

The Saints are a mess and they still need to sign Brees, wonder what happens with him now?
    Ugh, Gabbert. *puke* Seen enough of him last year. He's Boller 2.0 with longer hair and a whiny voice.

He's got no leadership abilities and his decision making is horrible at best. I would've rather the popular and gutsy Tebow. Worse than Sanchez imo.

No sympathy for the Saints. First the bounty, and now low-ball Brees? Seriously? If you're gonna overpay in one position, it's gonna be the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    Bears signed Michael Bush to a 4 year 14 million dollar contract with 7 guaranteed. Great pickup for the Bears.

I wish Forte would accept that the Bears want to pay him, not overpay him. He complains he's not getting market value, but the market value is being inflated by bad deals that are showing themselves. Deangelo and CJ got overpaid, and AP gets a huge deal and blows his leg out. I honestly think Forte deserves more than guys like Jamaal Charles and Frank Gore, but less than AP, Arian Foster or Lesean McCoy. Something like 7 to 7.5 million a year for 4 to 5 years with about half guaranteed seems pretty fitting to me.

Look at the teams winning superbowls...it isn't teams with RBs with huge contracts.
    I think RBs need a reality check. They need to move with the times and accept their position's worth these days.

Don't like it? Then play WR/QB or a pass rushing position.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama

As a Packer fan, I find it hilarious
    But, really, he needs to get paid. He was their offense last year. I don't know what they've offered him, but they should've had this locked up a long time ago
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Guru
    I think RBs need a reality check. They need to move with the times and accept their position's worth these days.

Don't like it? Then play WR/QB or a pass rushing position.
    Exactly. I mean, having a good RB is great, but the production difference between the top paid RBs and lower-tier guys does not match the monetary gap. As a fan of the team, I don't want the whole team to suffer because too much money is tied up in a position that is as easily replaceable and unpredictable as the RB is.

Now Forte is whining on Twitter about it. I'm losing respect for the guy. I'll post something I posted on a Bears forum...

I've always defended Forte and respected his situation, but he and his agent are pissing me off. Of course him wanting a long term deal is fair, but to act like all other team business is supposed to stop for you is asinine and selfish. The fact is, the Bears have made him offers and tried to work a deal out. The fact that they're not willing to overpay him like other teams is them looking out for the team.

Until the Bears bring in a RB and pay him what Forte is asking for, they haven't disrespected him. It's not like they're paying Bush a ton. He's getting less than half of what Forte would. He shouldn't act like the Bears wouldn't sign him to a fair deal. The fact is his idea of fair is different than the team's.
    I was referring to a couple of Forte's tweets.

Matt Forte ‏ @MattForte22

There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected! Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last....

"for the record I'm not mad at the signing of another running back. This is 4th time that's happened. I embrace competition as well as help"

"But as for not taking care of ur own and undervaluing a player under his market value is another story! #twitterrant"

"Just Keeping it real...hate it or love it"

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    As a Packer fan, I find it hilarious
    But, really, he needs to get paid. He was their offense last year. I don't know what they've offered him, but they should've had this locked up a long time ago
    This is from last year.
    Given recent statements by general manager Jerry Angelo and with the clock ticking on regular-season opener, it appears negotiations are likely coming to a close whether or not Forte agrees to the deal.
    Escalation of the Forte talks coincide with San Francisco running back Frank Gore's recently signing a three-year, $21 million extension, which included $13.5 million guaranteed. While there is no indication that Gore's deal has affected the talks, the numbers certainly line up. According to NFL sources, the Bears initially used the six-year, $32 million ($10 million guaranteed) contract signed by Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles as the baseline for a potential Forte deal. But it's believed the guaranteed portion of the Bears' actual offer to Forte is worth less than the guarantee received by Gore, which brings up an interesting conundrum for both sides.

It's generally thought that the guaranteed money is what the holdup was, and that the Bears were offering him 12-14 guaranteed and he wanted more like 20+ million.

And, honestly Forte is a great overall back but he really isn't very good in short yardage/goal line situations. That's where having a #2 punch like Michael Bush would honestly give the Bears one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Exactly. I mean, having a good RB is great, but the production difference between the top paid RBs and lower-tier guys does not match the monetary gap. As a fan of the team, I don't want the whole team to suffer because too much money is tied up in a position that is as easily replaceable and unpredictable as the RB is.

Now Forte is whining on Twitter about it. I'm losing respect for the guy. I'll post something I posted on a Bears forum...

I was referring to a couple of Forte's tweets.

Matt Forte ‏ @MattForte22

There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected! Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last....

"for the record I'm not mad at the signing of another running back. This is 4th time that's happened. I embrace competition as well as help"

"But as for not taking care of ur own and undervaluing a player under his market value is another story! #twitterrant"

"Just Keeping it real...hate it or love it"
    Completely agree with you.

Hope Rice isn't like that. As much as that would hirt, him being a class act and all, I understand he's quite replaceable.

Veteran
    Arian Foster is a good example of how to handle a contract situation. The key word is: patience.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Arian Foster is a good example of how to handle a contract situation. The key word is: patience.
    Arian Foster is boss though. He's cool both on and off the field.

Veteran
    Arian Foster is boss though. He's cool both on and off the field.
    Yup, he is what future NFL players should model themselves after.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Yeah, that's all fine and good. But Arian Foster hasn't been $#@!ed around by the Windy City for 3 years now. All fun and games till its time to be paid. But someone else will pay Forte eventually. Perhaps Washington? THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

26. Likes PS4freak likes this post

Thread Information