Page 803 of 973 FirstFirst ... 793803813 ... LastLast
Results 20,051 to 20,075 of 24301

Thread: NFL Thread

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Day one wrap-up.

Winners
    1) Patriots
    - They stole Hightower from me AND they get Chandler Jones. $#@! just got REAL!

2) Vikings
    - Solidified the O-line with Kalil. Raped the Browns and got a decent value with Harrison Smith

3) Cowboys
    - Got Claiborne and didn't have to give up much

4) Steelers
    - Greatest Value pick All night! DeCastro is a beast!

Losers

1) Browns
    - Stupidest franchise in the history of all sports after this $#@!. I should be happy since we're in the same division, but there $#@!-up has me raging. I can't believe Mike Holmgren is able to sleep tonight after putting that $#@! round together.

2) Seahawks
    - Alright... What the $#@! man! I mean, what the $#@!! What a reach!

But don't totally fret! The Ravens can will the draft if we get any combination of Glenn/Upshaw/Hill

I personally want the Upshaw/Hill combo! Let's go Ozzie! Do me proud my nig!
    You think the Chargers drafting Ingram wasn't a Top Winning pick ??

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    You think the Chargers drafting Ingram wasn't a Top Winning pick ??
    I just noticed I didn't add them in there. I put them in the winners bracket on all the other forums I went to. I must've forgot, but hell yeah they won! Jets would be losers for passing on Ingram, but Couples is a good pick, too. Wouldn't have taken him over Ingram though. Didn't get that $#@! one bit.

Did I say the Browns are stupid?

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think the move up one spot for 3 picks was dumb but honestly I liked their picks. Richardson and Weeden are great picks in my book. Weeden has played pro sport before so he knows the pressure. His age is a factor but if he starts by late next year or first game of following season you can still easily get 10 years out of him. Which is about the norm for most QBs with the exception of guys like Favre and Manning.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 04-28-2012 at 06:12.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    After reading a bit, I'm a bit iffy on the Texans picks. Not Mercilus, but Posey more than Brooks. And I'm totally loving what the Packers have done so far. The season came come soon enough
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    My man Ozzie has gambled and got dealt with for the past 2 days. We lost Hightower, Konz and Sanu. I really wanted Konz and Hill with that second pick. I thought Ozzie would move up, but he stood pat. Then we trade up just to get dealt with by the Bengals and draft the RB out of Temple. I still trust Ozzie, but we got dealt with this time around even though I'm hyped about the Upshaw pick. I do like the pick of KO with the second pick, but I did want Konz or Hill there. Really wish we would have got T.Y Hilton, too, but oh well.

Day 3! Bring me a Hall of Famer on the offensive side of the ball!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Bears had a great draft so far too. We have 2 legit new WRs, we got a new DE and a safety. Can't wait till the season starts.

The only thing thats worrying me is that we didn't get any oline help.
    Last edited by bash; 04-28-2012 at 22:54.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Really proud of my dolphins, they had a really good draft.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    What do you guys think about the Saints draft with the limited number of picks they had? I liked the Hicks and Toon picks for sure. Hicks has to be worked with but I think in 2 years he could wind up being a force. Don't know much about Toon but from what I've seen he looks pretty damn good. I've seen reports concerned with injury concerns but outside of that he has great size for a WR. The other picks I don't know much about them why I'm looking for others opinions.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    I don't Follow College ball but the General Concensus was the Raiders got a B- for their Picks (one of them being a Fellow Brit called Jack Crawford DE which is awesome

Was great to see Reggie McKenzie work his magic by trading a 5th to Detroit for a 5th 10 places lower plus a 7th Too

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Apart from the Ravens first 2 picks; I give them a C. Too many guys left on the board, and I feel, that the Ravens get 'too cute' with their picks (i.e. too much into the 'value' or 'unknown' player).

For example, they took Temple at the end of the 3rd when Miller was still on the board. They take some random guard instead of taking a center like Molk or Vlachos - where we don't have depth at C and already having Osemele at G AND while guys like Crick and Ta'amu are still on the board!!!!!!!They take some random OL instead of smoeone like Bobby Massie late.

Now unless someone wants to tell me why those guys are better prospects, I'm sticking to my guns.

Really questionable, and right now "I'm 'in Ozzie I kinda only sort of trust right now..."

Being conservative is all well and good but sometimes, if there's good talent there, it's GOOD to trade up (see Pats in the 1st).

The Bengals probably had the best draft in my books.
    Last edited by Admartian; 04-29-2012 at 21:03.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Apart from the Ravens first 2 picks; I give them a C. Too many guys left on the board, and I feel, that the Ravens get 'too cute' with their picks (i.e. too much into the 'value' or 'unknown' player).

For example, they took Temple at the end of the 3rd when Miller was still on the board. They take some random guard instead of taking a center like Molk or Vlachos - where we don't have depth at C and already having Osemele at G AND while guys like Crick and Ta'amu are still on the board!!!!!!!They take some random OL instead of smoeone like Bobby Massie late.

Now unless someone wants to tell me why those guys are better prospects, I'm sticking to my guns.

Really questionable, and right now "I'm 'in Ozzie I kinda only sort of trust right now..."

Being conservative is all well and good but sometimes, if there's good talent there, it's GOOD to trade up (see Pats in the 1st).

The Bengals probably had the best draft in my books.
    I think the knock on Massie was his questionable intelligence, attitude and work ethic. There had to be a good reason every team passed on him for so long. Trust me, half of the Bears forum was $#@!ing about not taking Massie, then the concerns about him came out. That being said, he's worth the risk later.

I really hope the safety Hardin can develop well for the Bears. I see why some people queston the pick, but I also see what Emery was trying to do with the pick. Dudes a beast (6-3 220) that can hit but has good cover skills, being a corner and all. He could be a tight end equalizer. Hopefully his shoulder injury was just a freak occurrence and he doesn't turn into Mike Brown 2.0 (injury-wise).

Sent from my HTC Rezound on Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    I think the knock on Massie was his questionable intelligence, attitude and work ethic. There had to be a good reason every team passed on him for so long. Trust me, half of the Bears forum was $#@!ing about not taking Massie, then the concerns about him came out. That being said, he's worth the risk later.

I really hope the safety Hardin can develop well for the Bears. I see why some people queston the pick, but I also see what Emery was trying to do with the pick. Dudes a beast (6-3 220) that can hit but has good cover skills, being a corner and all. He could be a tight end equalizer. Hopefully his shoulder injury was just a freak occurrence and he doesn't turn into Mike Brown 2.0 (injury-wise).

I think people are complaining about that pick because we still have no one to cover deep routes. We gave up a lot of home run plays last year...

-----------

2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I'm still kind of pissed that the Pats traded up in front of us and got Hightower. Ravens should have moved up to get him. I am glad we got Upshaw but the way it looked I thought someone was going to trade in front of us again and grab him. I also would have liked to get Konz or Hill as well. The later rounds wasn't too bad, I agree with you admartian but lets she how these picks do over the next couple years.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    I'm still kind of pissed that the Pats traded up in front of us and got Hightower. Ravens should have moved up to get him. I am glad we got Upshaw but the way it looked I thought someone was going to trade in front of us again and grab him. I also would have liked to get Konz or Hill as well. The later rounds wasn't too bad, I agree with you admartian but lets she how these picks do over the next couple years.
    I was kinda happy Konz fell deep into the 2nd where I thought we could trade up for him (using that 4th rounder we got for trading down). But I think it was very very risky for us to wait for Konz or even Osemele at that stage, because we still needed to address the interior line. And someone could have very well traded up for Osmele.

So I think if we had to trade up, then it should have been then.

I do agree, let's wait and see. Though I don't have much faith since lately our late round picks have been non-contributional.

I just hope we don't turn Streeter into the next Marcus Smith, Justin Harper, Demetrius Williams etc etc. He's got as much upside as Stephen Hill minus the hype. I think he's a steal providing Cam Cam uses him well. If he doesn't then it's a head scratcher, cos someone at the Raven boards said he's a perfect fit for his Air Coryell.

Also, starting to warm to the Bernard Pierce pick, and a little more on the Gradkowski pick.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I just don't know if I have the confidence in Cam to get the most out of Streeter, I really like that pick too.

Forum Guru
    Junior Seau dead, apparently by self inflicted gunshot wound.

http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id...ior-seau-dead/

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    Junior Seau dead, apparently by self inflicted gunshot wound.

http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id...ior-seau-dead/

Yeah just saw this on ESPN, suicide is never the solution.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    This is so sad.

One of the players I grew up watching the sport.

R.I.P sir.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    RIP Seau, that was a shock, maybe it was because of '07

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Veteran
    He will be missed.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Dude was one hell of a linebacker.

22. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah sad news indeed. Hate to see when someone decides to take their life.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    That is truly sad. I hope left never gets that bad for me that I would do something so selfish as to take my own life. Not when I see many people suffering from way worse matters than anything I could muster up, making me look like a total smuck. But none the less, may the Lord rest his soul. Tremendous player. I remember when that story came out a couple years ago when he had that car accident that many said was a suicide attempt. Wonder what happened?

But to go back to football, the Ravens went the safe route. Didn't make any silly mistakes in the draft, but they didn't go out and grab a play-maker who, in my opinion, instantly made us better. Outside of us getting Upshaw of course, but he'll be in a deadlock battle with my man Elm Street. (Paul Kruger if you didn't know) Streeter is a nice project who fits Cam's system. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with him. I still trust my man Tandon Doss who I still believe is going to be a beast.

Kinda wish we would have traded up for David DeCastro once we started sliding down the board.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    That is truly sad. I hope left never gets that bad for me that I would do something so selfish as to take my own life. Not when I see many people suffering from way worse matters than anything I could muster up, making me look like a total smuck. But none the less, may the Lord rest his soul. Tremendous player. I remember when that story came out a couple years ago when he had that car accident that many said was a suicide attempt. Wonder what happened?

But to go back to football, the Ravens went the safe route. Didn't make any silly mistakes in the draft, but they didn't go out and grab a play-maker who, in my opinion, instantly made us better. Outside of us getting Upshaw of course, but he'll be in a deadlock battle with my man Elm Street. (Paul Kruger if you didn't know) Streeter is a nice project who fits Cam's system. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with him. I still trust my man Tandon Doss who I still believe is going to be a beast.

Kinda wish we would have traded up for David DeCastro once we started sliding down the board.
    Double agree.

On the first note, it's easy to lose sight of things, no matter how bad things get, let's hope the worse I get is power ballads and a bottles beer.

I'm more comfortable about our draft now that it's sunk in. Like you, the only regret is getting Konz deep in the second. But I think the FO is confident there'll be good talent there next year (seeing as we aren't truly F'd as we do still have Birk).

As for Doss, I'd genuinely like to see what he can do. Also, I think if there's a roster spot, and it ahs to go down between Streeter and David Reed, Is ay give it to Streeter. Reed doesn't deserve to be there and I'm sure someone else can cover the return duties.

Veteran
    Jonathan Vilma got punished severly for the bounty program and will appeal it. He's going to be gone for a year.

Do you guys agree with the players, that Goodell is being too harsh?

Thread Information