Page 811 of 975 FirstFirst ... 801811821 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,275 of 24352

Thread: NFL Thread

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    You lack vision, son. Flacco is a straight up beast! He might not have 40 TD's and a 5 INT ratio with 4100 yards passing, but he has clutch. Too bad he doesn't have a real WR who can catch the *****football!

And Tony Romo is a fraud for the last time! A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No im pretty sure I know what im looking at the RAvens defense carries that team and all flaco has to do is NOT $#@! up. Hes not a beast he good enough to do what you ask...he know Rodger or Eli Manning hes just good win a superbowl before you can call any qb a beast.

Now if Flacco was putting up Marino numbers and never won a superbowl yea sure he's a beast but hes not he barely cracks the top ten in my book. We'll revisit this laughable "beast" talk of flacco during the NFL season

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    No im pretty sure I know what im looking at the RAvens defense carries that team and all flaco has to do is NOT $#@! up. Hes not a beast he good enough to do what you ask...he know Rodger or Eli Manning hes just good win a superbowl before you can call any qb a beast.

Now if Flacco was putting up Marino numbers and never won a superbowl yea sure he's a beast but hes not he barely cracks the top ten in my book. We'll revisit this laughable "beast" talk of flacco during the NFL season
    Wait, I thought the Ravens defence was old? Or is that only valid whenever analysts/dumb fans want to bash Flacco?

I forget which BS, contradicting spin to believe in sometimes...

That's what happens when you support a good team that isn't a media darling I guess.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Dedicated Member
    I wish yall would stop with this silly Flacco debate. He's not an elite QB yet, but he has been said time and time again along with Matt Ryan that he IS very good young QB. Which means for his age he does well. Analysts are waiting for Flacco to have that breakout year that puts him in that elite catagory.

Romo on da other hand, now he is just either superman who makes cool plays, or crazyman that F up a game lol.

4. Likes Admartian , PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post

So many holes in your statements that have shown me that you fell for the ESPN trap. But it was more so me joking when I said Flacco was the best QB in the league. We all know this isn't the case, but Flacco is a very good QB and most definitely a top 10 QB without hesitation. A lot of games the Ravens don't win if Flacco wasn't there. This whole he coolin' because of his defense is $#@!ing stupid.

Do you all know all the QB's that have came through Baltimore and had the Ravens defense in their PRIME and had a way better run-game than with Ray Rice? Them Jamal Lewis years make the Rice era look mediocre. (As of right now) And Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl so you're telling me that defines a beast? You got plenty of frauds on that Patriots dynasty teams who have 3 rings, but you wouldn't know them from me to Ghandi.

But yeah, we'll revisit the beast talk after the season. Just you remember if Flacco wasn't throwing to non-clutch ass players he would be in back to back Superbowls. Remember that your boy Tom Brady was cruisin into championships with top 5 defensive's and Adam Venatari kicks on his way to chips.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Dave
    Lol @ Flacco being a Top 10 QB (most definitely).

He wouldn't even make the Top 15 (barely if at all) on most people's list.
    Last edited by Dave; 08-13-2012 at 07:11.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I wish yall would stop with this silly Flacco debate. He's not an elite QB yet, but he has been said time and time again along with Matt Ryan that he IS very good young QB. Which means for his age he does well. Analysts are waiting for Flacco to have that breakout year that puts him in that elite catagory.

Romo on da other hand, now he is just either superman who makes cool plays, or crazyman that F up a game lol.
    Yeah, I understand that Ravens fans are passionate about their QB. That is awesome! The guy is a solid QB but he isn't a great QB. As Versus said he is practically right in the Matt Ryan wheelhouse. Which is definitely not a knock by any means. I do agree that he doesn't really get much credit at all except from former QB analysis. He just hasn't really earned the kind of respect to be called an elite QB. Just look at Drew Brees it didn't matter what he did to get credit until he won a SB. I figured out a long time ago to just let anything that a sports media outlet say go in one ear and out the other. They are biased plain and simple.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Lol @ Flacco being a Top 10 QB (most definitely).

He wouldn't even make the Top 15 (barely if at all) on most people's list.
    I can't think of 14 qb's better than flacco to be honest but if u by all means I'd be interested in seeing that list.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dave
    In the NFC alone, I'd put Romo, Manning, Vick, Cutler, Stafford, Rodgers, Ryan, Newton, and Brees ahead of Joe Flacco. That's 9 already.

In the AFC, I'd put Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning, and Schaub ahead of Joe Flacco. That's 5 more for 14 total.

Then I'd let it be a push between Flacco, Dalton (who is only going to get better), Alex Smith (who should continue to improve on last season), Jake Locker, and Andrew Luck (who hasn't even played a regular season game yet, but has already shown he can compete).

Flacco is an underachiever through and through. He has had one legitimately impressive season out of four and that wasn't even last year. He's had the opportunity to play with guys like Boldin, Smith and Rice on the field at the same time and still couldn't put up his best season last year (which is disappointing, how many weapons does he need?). He has a strong running game behind him to open the pass and yet he still isn't fully there yet and doesn't make the completions when necessary (especially last year with his terrible 57% completion percentage) and he has a mid-to-strong defense behind him to help push him to the Ws which cloud the way people look at him.

Flacco is average at best and average players are in the middle of the pack... 13-18 at best, not "most definitely" top 5. Flacco also consistently plays his worst in the 4th Quarter when the game is close -- that's one thing you don't want to see on a QBs resume, but his whole career has been mediocre in those situations.
    Last edited by Dave; 08-13-2012 at 20:06.

10. Likes Versus, RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    I agree. He's good, not great.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Can't argue with that list def agree with that.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yeah, I understand that Ravens fans are passionate about their QB. That is awesome! The guy is a solid QB but he isn't a great QB. As Versus said he is practically right in the Matt Ryan wheelhouse. Which is definitely not a knock by any means. I do agree that he doesn't really get much credit at all except from former QB analysis. He just hasn't really earned the kind of respect to be called an elite QB. Just look at Drew Brees it didn't matter what he did to get credit until he won a SB. I figured out a long time ago to just let anything that a sports media outlet say go in one ear and out the other. They are biased plain and simple.
    I agree with this post. Though, I don't think anyone is saying he's Peyton.

In the NFC alone, I'd put Romo, Manning, Vick, Cutler, Stafford, Rodgers, Ryan, Newton, and Brees ahead of Joe Flacco. That's 9 already.

In the AFC, I'd put Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning, and Schaub ahead of Joe Flacco. That's 5 more for 14 total.

Then I'd let it be a push between Flacco, Dalton (who is only going to get better), Alex Smith (who should continue to improve on last season), Jake Locker, and Andrew Luck (who hasn't even played a regular season game yet, but has already shown he can compete).

Flacco is an underachiever through and through. He has had one legitimately impressive season out of four and that wasn't even last year. He's had the opportunity to play with guys like Boldin, Smith and Rice on the field at the same time and still couldn't put up his best season last year (which is disappointing, how many weapons does he need?). He has a strong running game behind him to open the pass and yet he still isn't fully there yet and doesn't make the completions when necessary (especially last year with his terrible 57% completion percentage) and he has a mid-to-strong defense behind him to help push him to the Ws which cloud the way people look at him.

Flacco is average at best and average players are in the middle of the pack... 13-18 at best, not "most definitely" top 5. Flacco also consistently plays his worst in the 4th Quarter when the game is close -- that's one thing you don't want to see on a QBs resume, but his whole career has been mediocre in those situations.
    I wouldn't take Vick or Ryan or Schaub over Flacco. But other than that the list is summed about right.

Still very harsh on him though - seeing as the rest of those guys are still very good. I still think you and a lot of people are just knocking him for the sake of whatever because like I said, all those QBs are still good and to be there and there about isn't a bad thing. Which is a stupid thing to do.

He's a good QB - not elite, or not the bumbling loon haters want to make him out to be (see above posts).

Oh well...

Dave
    My reasoning is based on his actual performance...his 4th quarter play is the worst quarter on his resume...that is a big deal, IMO, considering the importance of that quarter in most games (especially close ones).

Also, Vick is unquestionably a better QB than Flacco...it's not even close on any scale. Vick has the ability to take games over on his own and win them, Flacco isn't even close to doing that.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    My reasoning is based on his actual performance...his 4th quarter play is the worst quarter on his resume...that is a big deal, IMO, considering the importance of that quarter in most games (especially close ones).

Also, Vick is unquestionably a better QB than Flacco...it's not even close on any scale. Vick has the ability to take games over on his own and win them, Flacco isn't even close to doing that.
    Really? Because I thought he's improved that significantly last season.

Oh well, can't get them all.

Dave
    He had a 74.8 rating in 4th qtr last year and 72.0 rating within 7 points in the 4th.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    He had a 74.8 rating in 4th qtr last year and 72.0 rating within 7 points in the 4th.
    Oh no he;s crap! You've shown me the light! Stats can be so misleading sometimes.

Clearly, we have differing opinions, I think he's a good QB, you think he shouldn't be in the NFL and should be selling cars or whatever haters think these days.

Agree to disagree.

Dave
    No, I never said he was crap. Nor did I say he doesn't belong in the NFL. I said he was an average QB that wasn't close to being in the Top 5.

Also, your stats have to be pretty mediocre to earn a <75 QB rtg. QB rating isn't all that misleading, IMO.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    No, I never said he was crap. Nor did I say he doesn't belong in the NFL. I said he was an average QB that wasn't close to being in the Top 5.

Also, your stats have to be pretty mediocre to earn a <75 QB rtg. QB rating isn't all that misleading, IMO.
    But your posts say otherwise...

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    But your posts say otherwise...
    Feel free to point out anywhere in my posts where I said Flacco was a bad quarterback or that he didn't deserve to be in the NFL.

I'm pretty certain I made sure to specifically state he was "average/mediocre" at best and belonged in the 13-18 range in terms of QB rankings.

Dedicated Member
    I don't call him captain checkdown for nothing.

He is average.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Feel free to point out anywhere in my posts where I said Flacco was a bad quarterback or that he didn't deserve to be in the NFL.

I'm pretty certain I made sure to specifically state he was "average/mediocre" at best and belonged in the 13-18 range in terms of QB rankings.
    That's all very well and good. I won't get into it any longer though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I don't call him captain checkdown for nothing.

He is average.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Do you prefer Dr. Dink & Dunk?

Black Wolf. Please never mention Ted Ginn's name again in this thread.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    So much hate for my QB, that's my QB.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post

LMFAO aww man that's great!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member
    I call it as I see it.

27. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    Do you prefer Dr. Dink & Dunk?

Black Wolf. Please never mention Ted Ginn's name again in this thread.
    Matt Ryan?

No I prefer Monobrow.

I'm gonna wait for your quippy response, in that time, I will continue to laugh.

Thread Information