Latest PSU headlines:

Page 812 of 971 FirstFirst ... 802812822 ... LastLast
Results 20,276 to 20,300 of 24259

Thread: NFL Thread

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Matt Ryan?

No I prefer Monobrow.

I'm gonna wait for your quippy response, in that time, I will continue to laugh.
    Jeez...what an arrogant homer.

Carry on in that little world of yours where you actually believe your game manager will take your ratbirds to the promised land.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    Jeez...what an arrogant homer.

Carry on in that little world of yours where you actually believe your game manager will take your ratbirds to the promised land.
    Whoah whoah whoah! Easy buddy!

I'm arrogant for calling Joe Flacco Monobrow? $#@! me, that makes all Ravens fans then.

Temper, temper!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I'd rather have Flacco than Matt Ryan. Flacco has done almost just as much with less.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I don't call him captain checkdown for nothing.

He is average.
    Actually that's Matt Ryan's nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I'd rather have Flacco than Matt Ryan. Flacco has done almost just as much with less.
    Who has Ryan had? Roddy White? Turner as RB? The only real difference is Baltimore has that D to bail him out
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Flacco has had a running game and consistent d fence. Ryan has had neither of those things.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Guru
    Matt Ryan has Michael Turner at RB, White (elite) and now Jones (young and very good) at WR, HOF TE Gonzalez, a solid OL, and a decent/average defense every year. Let's not try to act like he doesn't have an amazing situation to succeed at Atlanta.

...Tapatalking

7. Likes FdMstng99, Admartian likes this post
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    Matt Ryan has Michael Turner at RB, White (elite) and now Jones (young and very good) at WR, HOF TE Gonzalez, a solid OL, and a decent/average defense every year. Let's not try to act like he doesn't have an amazing situation to succeed at Atlanta.

...Tapatalking
    Flacco has had pretty much the same in Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith (as of last year), Ray Rice, Todd Heap, solid OL, and one of the better defenses in the league usually.

Their teams are easily on par -- even their divisions are on par in terms of strength.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Flacco has had a running game and consistent d fence. Ryan has had neither of those things.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Michael Turner:
    2008: 1699 yards; 4.5 ypc
    2009: (only 11 games played) 871 yards; 4.9 ypc!
    2010: 1371 ayrds; 4.1 ypc
    2011: 1340 yards; 4.5 ypc

Ray rice in comparison:
    2008: (4/13 games started): 454 yards; 4.2
    2009: 1339 yards; 5.3 ypc
    2010: 1220 yards; 4.0 ypc
    2011: 1364 yards; 4.7 ypc

So relatively even I would say.

Regarding defense, I'd give the edge to the Ravens; but our offence also plays tough defenses in teh Steelers and Bengals; and a hard nosed one in the Browns.

Whereas the Bucs are up and down, and the Panthers are still solid, and the Saints a sieve. (sorry Saints fans).

Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post

...Tapatalking
    lol yeah, I mean who are those guys?

Scrubs compared to NFL legends from Baltimore such as Mark Clayton, Travis Taylor, Clarence Moore, Quinn Sypniewski, Kris Wilson, Jerry Jones and MORE!

Seriously, while Mason and Heap (in the past); Boldin and Rice are good possession receivers, we have had no deep threat save for Torrey Smith last year - in comparison to Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Flacco has had pretty much the same in Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith (as of last year), Ray Rice, Todd Heap, solid OL, and one of the better defenses in the league usually.

Their teams are easily on par -- even their divisions are on par in terms of strength.
    I know right?

Funny how things are on par yet Flacco has won more games (so no one can say the defence has anything to do with it, well since because they're equal and by that logic capable of the same things ) especially in the playoffs?

So maybe the statistical differences can be attributed to personalities of their respective Offensive Coordinators?

Hmmm......I wonder....

Muwhahahahahahahah!! Muwhahahahahahah

(Just playing around Dave - but it is interesting that you mention that...)

Seriously though; Boldin/Mason/Heap are different beasts compared to White, Gonzalez, and Julio (deep threats). Baltimore is more possession ; while the Falcons guys are ones you would attribute to having big stats to.

Flacco + possession receivers + base running game * (Cam Cameron = conservative/vanilla calls) = the stats that he has.

Ryan + deep threats + excellent complimentary running game * (not conservative Coordinator) = the stats that he has.

No more, no less.

No need to call one mediocre/average, and no need to hype up the other. Both are good; just the product of their circumstances.
    Last edited by Admartian; 08-14-2012 at 21:08.

Dave
    That's the great thing about QB Rating -- it makes offensive coordinators and offensive style completely moot. It takes in the actual skill level of the quarterback whether he throws the ball 100 times or 600 times. In fact, it could be argued that it's harder to sustain a higher rating with so many attempts in comparison to the guy who throws it much less. Then again, the guy who throws it more can be afforded more mistakes than the guy who doesn't throw it as much as well.

Regardless, Matt Ryan has shown a strong increase in QB Rating throughout his career while Joe Flacco's QB Rating has risen and fallen with no consistency going in either direction (a sign of an average QB when the rating isn't high to begin with).

Matt Ryan also offers an AVERAGE of 85 QB Rating in the fourth quarter throughout his career -- while surpassing a 90QB Rating in 2011 in the 4th as well.

A quarterback's ability to deliver in the clutch and when it matters most is what separates the good quarterbacks from the great quarterbacks and Matt Ryan has shown a consistency to be counted on when it matters most.

Then again, I also believe that Brett Favre is a complete joke of a quarterback and if it wasn't for John Madden blowing the guy all of the time, he would've never been hyped or put on the pedestal his entire career like he was. That dude fell apart in more fourth quarters than any QB I've ever seen play the game. I honestly believe he threw away more games in the fourth/OT than he won in that quarter.

If Quarterbacks were a product of their circumstances, nobody would praise Ben Roethlisberger at all. He's lead the league in least attempts for a starting quarterback multiple times. However, I'd still take him over 80% of the QBs in the league.

---

Also, just to counter your "Joe Flacco has won more games than Matt Ryan and since the defenses are on par, that's not a reason" point... The Falcons play offenses that are finitely better than the Cleveland Browns (lol), Bengals (middle of the road) and Steelers (rarely known for their offense). It's a lot harder for a defense to win games for your QB when the majority of your games are played against high scoring offenses (which the NFC is littered with).

PS: I think Matt Ryan is a complete $#@!. I met him/partied with him the night before he was drafted. Dude pushed me out of the way when moving through a crowd of people (I wasn't even looking at him) and didn't say $#@! all about it...just kept walking. I called him a $#@! out loud and he just looked back and kept walking. Dude's a $#@!.

Last edited by Dave; 08-14-2012 at 22:30.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    That's the great thing about QB Rating -- it makes offensive coordinators and offensive style completely moot. It takes in the actual skill level of the quarterback whether he throws the ball 100 times or 600 times. In fact, it could be argued that it's harder to sustain a higher rating with so many attempts in comparison to the guy who throws it much less. Then again, the guy who throws it more can be afforded more mistakes than the guy who doesn't throw it as much as well.

Regardless, Matt Ryan has shown a strong increase in QB Rating throughout his career while Joe Flacco's QB Rating has risen and fallen with no consistency going in either direction (a sign of an average QB when the rating isn't high to begin with).

Matt Ryan also offers an AVERAGE of 85 QB Rating in the fourth quarter throughout his career -- while surpassing a 90QB Rating in 2011 in the 4th as well.

A quarterback's ability to deliver in the clutch and when it matters most is what separates the good quarterbacks from the great quarterbacks and Matt Ryan has shown a consistency to be counted on when it matters most.

Then again, I also believe that Brett Favre is a complete joke of a quarterback and if it wasn't for John Madden blowing the guy all of the time, he would've never been hyped or put on the pedestal his entire career like he was. That dude fell apart in more fourth quarters than any QB I've ever seen play the game. I honestly believe he threw away more games in the fourth/OT than he won in that quarter.

If Quarterbacks were a product of their circumstances, nobody would praise Ben Roethlisberger at all. He's lead the league in least attempts for a starting quarterback multiple times. However, I'd still take him over 80% of the QBs in the league.

---

Also, just to counter your "Joe Flacco has won more games than Matt Ryan and since the defenses are on par, that's not a reason" point... The Falcons play offenses that are finitely better than the Cleveland Browns (lol), Bengals (middle of the road) and Steelers (rarely known for their offense). It's a lot harder for a defense to win games for your QB when the majority of your games are played against high scoring offenses (which the NFC is littered with).

PS: I think Matt Ryan is a complete $#@!. I met him/partied with him the night before he was drafted. Dude pushed me out of the way when moving through a crowd of people (I wasn't even looking at him) and didn't say $#@! all about it...just kept walking. I called him a $#@! out loud and he just looked back and kept walking. Dude's a $#@!.

Aren't QB ratings based on stats? Stats which are influenced by my earlier points (considerably). Therefore my point still stands.

Like I said - circumstances.

Oh I don't think you're defending Matt Ryan cos I think you like the guy. I mean, maybe you're defending Matt Ryan because it's something against Baltimore/the Ravens - I dunno.

Dave
    Aren't QB ratings based on stats? Stats which are influenced by my earlier points (considerably). Therefore my point still stands.

Like I said - circumstances.

Oh I don't think you're defending Matt Ryan cos I think you like the guy. I mean, maybe you're defending Matt Ryan because it's something against Baltimore/the Ravens - I dunno.
    QB Ratings is formulated through performance. A guy throwing 3,000 yards and 20TDs can easily have a higher QB rating than a guy with 5,000 yards and 40TDS.

I have nothing against the Ravens at all. Ray Rice is my second favorite player in the league.

Dave
    Also -- No clue why you're calling Cam Cameron a conservative play caller on offense... Joe Flacco threw the football 542 times last year... That's 10th most in the league and 40+ more throws than Aaron Rodgers.

Are you saying the Packers are less pass-happy and less aggressive through the air than the Ravens?

Maybe if Flacco had completed more than 57% of his passes and was closer to the 65% mark, he'd have thrown for 4,500 yards and 30+ TDs.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Actually that's Matt Ryan's nickname.

Who has Ryan had? Roddy White? Turner as RB? The only real difference is Baltimore has that D to bail him out
    I thought it was Jay Cutler's. lol

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

15. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Also -- No clue why you're calling Cam Cameron a conservative play caller on offense... Joe Flacco threw the football 542 times last year... That's 10th most in the league and 40+ more throws than Aaron Rodgers.

Are you saying the Packers are less pass-happy and less aggressive through the air than the Ravens?

Maybe if Flacco had completed more than 57% of his passes and was closer to the 65% mark, he'd have thrown for 4,500 yards and 30+ TDs.
    His play-types are. Just watch a Ravens game (I'm assuming people here have seen all of them based on how much Flacco bashing there is ).

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Since when has Jay Cutler been known as a dink and dunk QB? Even with one of the worst WR cores and OL in the league, he didn't strictly check the ball down. He's aggressive, even though the personnel around him didn't help him out much. Forte does catch a lot of balls, but usually out of necessity as the OL allows pressure all the time and the last two years Martz called long-developing plays that the offense wasn't capable of executing.

This year should honestly be Cutler's best, assuming the OL gives halfway decent protection. Mike Tice seems to be willing to cater the offense to his players' strengths...something Martz never did.

...Tapatalking

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Lol. As much as I love to dog him, he's a actually a pretty good QB. It's a shame he's wasting away with the Bears lol
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Dave
    I'd imagine Cam Cameron (the guy who coached the high powered offense in San Diego from 2002-2006 including winning an offensive coach award and breaking several offensive team records and an NFL record behind Drew Brees and LaDainian Tomlinson) has had to curve his play calling due to the talent difference available with Joe Flacco compared to Drew Brees.

Maybe if Joe Flacco was better than average (at best), Cameron could open things up more like he did in San Diego. It's definitely not an issue with Ray Rice in the backfield, because he delivers on a weekly basis. It's not the offensive lines fault as Baltimore has always put together a great line and Harbaugh knows the importance of that through his time with Andy Reid.

I'd be willing to wager money that Flacco's arm (not strength, but accuracy) is the exact reason Cameron has had to drastically alter his play-calling style.

How does that sound?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    This thread is full of lulz.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

21. Likes FdMstng99 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Hey Dave, are you good at predicting games? You should play Pig Skin Pick Em with us!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I'd imagine Cam Cameron (the guy who coached the high powered offense in San Diego from 2002-2006 including winning an offensive coach award and breaking several offensive team records and an NFL record behind Drew Brees and LaDainian Tomlinson) has had to curve his play calling due to the talent difference available with Joe Flacco compared to Drew Brees.

Maybe if Joe Flacco was better than average (at best), Cameron could open things up more like he did in San Diego. It's definitely not an issue with Ray Rice in the backfield, because he delivers on a weekly basis. It's not the offensive lines fault as Baltimore has always put together a great line and Harbaugh knows the importance of that through his time with Andy Reid.

I'd be willing to wager money that Flacco's arm (not strength, but accuracy) is the exact reason Cameron has had to drastically alter his play-calling style.

How does that sound?
    You lost me after you said we always have a good line lol.

It hasn't been great since JO was there, and has only been just ok since then. I'm going to stop this now unless you start actually following the Ravens (without prior convictions) and start paying proper attention (without the talking heads and other fans' perceptions in your ear).

Otherwise, it sounds great to me.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    This thread is full of lulz.
    That's why I haven't commented on this subject.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    lol

26. Likes DeviousOne , PS4freak , RaY_210 likes this post
    Dave
    Easily Top 5.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    lol

The very definition of overblown.

Dave
    The very definition of overblown.
    Dont see how. That other fan declared him easily in the top 5... That image alone offers five QBs that he's not even close to.

Thread Information