Page 823 of 975 FirstFirst ... 813823833 ... LastLast
Results 20,551 to 20,575 of 24352

Thread: NFL Thread

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Giants win, yay, I'm happy!
    Oh yeah!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Talk about a long ass ride home after a terrible loss. The Baltimore Ravens still cannot beat a good QB on the road and it is an amazing stat that continues to hold true. I didn't know that since we had so much success throwing the ball week 1 that meant we would have to continue being pass-happy every week. 3rd and 2 with Vonta Leach and a guy averaging 6.2 yards a carry on 16 carries. I don't understand what my man Flacco was thinking about there.

I don't normally blame losses on him, but yesterday I'll give him that honor. You have to recognize that you have two timeouts with a minute and change to go. No reason we should be throwing there with the running game we have. Also shows the Ravens still cannot, after 5 $#@!ing years make adjustments to adjustments. We owned the first half and Philly cleaned themselves up and made good adjustments. We failed to counter those adjustments made once again. Absolutely absurd to lose a game with 4+ turnovers created.

Had a blast in Philly none the less. Taunting their fans for majority of the game. They got REAL hype when Philly was driving on what would be the game winning drive. Was about to leave early when the Ravens were about to get that non-fumble call. The stadium was about to riot. Saw 3 fights in my section. And to wrap this all up, it continues to show...

THE BALTIMORE RAVENS CONTINUE TO BE NON-$#@!ING-CLUTCH. DAMN YOU ALL. TAKE YOUR NON-CLUTCHNESS AND DIAF!!!!!!
    Well bro $#@! it atleast you had a great time lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

3. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Well bro $#@! it atleast you had a great time lol
    Hell yeah. Was a lot of fun when they scored the first TD and their little fight song started playing. Then myself and my homeboy made our own version of it when the Ravens scored. Philly fans was primed and ready spinning up on us. lol

EDIT: This is the fight song if you don't know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjJezUwcejg

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Lol tru those philly sport fans are crazy but not as bad as boston fans lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dave
    I have no idea what your talking about please enlighten me football god.
    The Giants play the Panthers this week, not the Eagles. They play on Thursday -- thus why you're going to be bored on Sunday.

Dave
    Talk about a long ass ride home after a terrible loss. The Baltimore Ravens still cannot beat a good QB on the road and it is an amazing stat that continues to hold true. I didn't know that since we had so much success throwing the ball week 1 that meant we would have to continue being pass-happy every week. 3rd and 2 with Vonta Leach and a guy averaging 6.2 yards a carry on 16 carries. I don't understand what my man Flacco was thinking about there.

I don't normally blame losses on him, but yesterday I'll give him that honor. You have to recognize that you have two timeouts with a minute and change to go. No reason we should be throwing there with the running game we have. Also shows the Ravens still cannot, after 5 $#@!ing years make adjustments to adjustments. We owned the first half and Philly cleaned themselves up and made good adjustments. We failed to counter those adjustments made once again. Absolutely absurd to lose a game with 4+ turnovers created.

Had a blast in Philly none the less. Taunting their fans for majority of the game. They got REAL hype when Philly was driving on what would be the game winning drive. Was about to leave early when the Ravens were about to get that non-fumble call. The stadium was about to riot. Saw 3 fights in my section. And to wrap this all up, it continues to show...

THE BALTIMORE RAVENS CONTINUE TO BE NON-$#@!ING-CLUTCH. DAMN YOU ALL. TAKE YOUR NON-CLUTCHNESS AND DIAF!!!!!!
    The running game you have? Outside of 2 long runs, Rice was averaging 2.8 YPC... He had huge holes on those two long runs and without those two holes he was being completely shut down the rest of the game.

As for "owned the first half," lmao. The Ravens were being outplayed the entire game. The only thing you were owning was the scoreboard and that was because of an unforced turnover by Bryce Brown and $#@!ty clock management with two minutes to go by Michael Vick. If Vick didn't snap the second down with 20+ seconds left on the play clock, the Ravens wouldn't have gotten the chance to kick a FG at the end of the half.

The Ravens were outplayed the entire game and the only thing preventing it from being a 35+-10 blowout was stupid penalties by the Eagles and dumb turnovers like Celek not being able to catch the football. The Eagles put up over 500+ yards of offense...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The Giants play the Panthers this week, not the Eagles. They play on Thursday -- thus why you're going to be bored on Sunday.
    Well son of a $#@!! Your right...yesterday I was on mobile espn when I check next week games on the bar it showed me the NBC game. My mistake football god lol

However no we won't be bored at my house there will be BBQ football. And Beer it'll be ok I usually throw parties at my house on sunday nights.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    The running game you have? Outside of 2 long runs, Rice was averaging 2.8 YPC... He had huge holes on those two long runs and without those two holes he was being completely shut down the rest of the game.

As for "owned the first half," lmao. The Ravens were being outplayed the entire game. The only thing you were owning was the scoreboard and that was because of an unforced turnover by Bryce Brown and $#@!ty clock management with two minutes to go by Michael Vick. If Vick didn't snap the second down with 20+ seconds left on the play clock, the Ravens wouldn't have gotten the chance to kick a FG at the end of the half.

The Ravens were outplayed the entire game and the only thing preventing it from being a 35+-10 blowout was stupid penalties by the Eagles and dumb turnovers like Celek not being able to catch the football. The Eagles put up over 500+ yards of offense...
    The Eagles made forced TO's and 1 unforced TO's. They drove up and down the field, but it means nothing when you're not scoring or making turnovers. I could go on all day about what could have/would have happened on the Ravens side of the ball. Maybe if Flacco didn't overthrow Pitta or behind Rice the game would've been over. Maybe if we were running on 3rd and shorts instead of throwing we would have won. 2.8 ypc is enough for a 3rd and 2 last I check.

The Ravens played opportunistic in the first half by creating turnover and scoring because of those. And playing uptempo when they drove up the field after the first Philly touchdown. Then the second half they came out stale failing to make adjustments after the Eagles did. That simple. You can talk about how the Eagles were running up and down the field, but it didn't translate into anything significant. Sans the game winning drive when Vick was just magical.

So again, the Ravens owned the first half as I stated before and they fell because of not making adjustments.

Oh yes, and last I check the Ravens did have a pretty damn good running game. I don't know if ESPN has clouded your brain all of a sudden trying to turn us into a 2007 Pro Patriots offense. We have the best FB in the league and the number 2 rusher behind MJD last year.
    Last edited by $Greatness$; 09-17-2012 at 17:11.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Dave
    The Eagles made forced TO's and 1 unforced TO's. They drove up and down the field, but it means nothing when you're not scoring or making turnovers. I could go on all day about what could have/would have happened on the Ravens side of the ball. Maybe if Flacco didn't overthrow Pitta or behind Rice the game would've been over. Maybe if we were running on 3rd and shorts instead of throwing we would have won. 2.8 ypc is enough for a 3rd and 2 last I check.

The Ravens played opportunistic in the first half by creating turnover and scoring because of those. And playing uptempo when they drove up the field after the first Philly touchdown. Then the second half they came out stale failing to make adjustments after the Eagles did. That simple. You can talk about how the Eagles were running up and down the field, but it didn't translate into anything significant. Sans the game winning drive when Vick was just magical.

So again, the Ravens owned the first half as I stated before and they fell because of not making adjustments.

Oh yes, and last I check the Ravens did have a pretty damn good running game. I don't know if ESPN has clouded your brain all of a sudden trying to turn us into a 2007 Pro Patriots offense. We have the best FB in the league and the number 2 rusher behind MJD last year.
    I'm well aware of how good Ray Rice is. You probably missed it, but I stated yesterday that I was excited to watch this game because I believe LeSean McCoy and Ray Rice are the two best RBs in the league.

My comment was in regards to yesterday's game -- not the Ravens as a whole throughout a season of play. Yesterday, the run game was undoubtedly shut down with the exception of those two gaping holes Rice ran through for 60 yards on 2 carries. And a 2.8 YPC isn't enough on 3rd&2 because runs have to be less and more than 2.8 in order to reach that average -- for all we know, it could've been a 1 yard run.

As for the first half, it's not even debatable. The Eagles thrashed that defense the entire half -- the Ravens scored 10 points off of 1 unforced turnover (not the Ravens defense or ability) and off of poor clock management (once again, not the Ravens defense or ability)... You take away both of those situations which had nothing to do with Baltimore and had everything to do with the Eagles offense and the Eagles are winning going in to halftime. It's not even arguable.

The Ravens lost because they couldn't convert a 3rd down to save their lives. You can't win football games if you can't convert on third down. The Eagles defense has a 88% success rate on stopping the offense on 3rd downs this year -- that's an insane percentage. This Eagles defense has proven that it's for real.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the Eagles running up and down the field translated to 24 total points (17 of which were in the second half). That's enough translation to be 2-0.

EDIT: I'm loving how the Ravens are crying about "dirty play." That's hilarious. Cary Williams is in a scuffle ALL the time with WRs (even last week). Arthur Jones threw DeSean Jackson back into the ground, lol. The Ravens were playing as thuggish and dirty as any other team in the NFL yesterday -- to say the Eagles were playing dirty is just ironic and hypocritical...especially when Leach went after Coleman for no reason after his 5-yard TD run. What crybabies.
    Last edited by Dave; 09-17-2012 at 17:46.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    49ers are legit (if they weren't already. Superbowl favourites (after 2 games)for sure.

Let's hope for a Harbaugh-Bowl.

Well son of a $#@!! Your right...yesterday I was on mobile espn when I check next week games on the bar it showed me the NBC game. My mistake football god lol

However no we won't be bored at my house there will be BBQ football. And Beer it'll be ok I usually throw parties at my house on sunday nights.
    As much as I like you two fellas, you're falling hook and line.

Just dont...even...bother...
    Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    49ers are legit (if they weren't already. Superbowl favourites (after 2 games)for sure.

LOL 49er's are legit and should be playing with a chip on their shoulder from last year NFC championship game.

Still a lot of football left to play this season let's see how it unfolds

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Hope Bucs can recover from the loss and win in Dallas

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    So do I
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    So do I
    So do I =) lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dave

Lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    LOL 49er's are legit and should be playing with a chip on their shoulder from last year NFC championship game.

Still a lot of football left to play this season let's see how it unfolds
    I honesly see it very hard stopping them.

They've faced 2 high powered legit offenses (with players such as Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Brandon Pettigrew, Jermichael Finley, Randall Cobb, Titus Young etc etc) and have reduced them to under 20 points.

And if ALex Smith continues to thrive inthat West Coast offense, they'll be hard to stop - they've got receivers and Vernon Davis, as well as a pounding running game with Gore, jacobs, and change of pace with LaMichael.

:shudder:

Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Bucs looked good.

I'm with Schiano on the whole play to the whistle thing. Wish more teams would do it more.

Although, Couldn't QBs still kneel down using an elongated snap (i.e. shotgun, punt formation style) then kneel?

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Although, Couldn't QBs still kneel down using an elongated snap (i.e. shotgun, punt formation style) then kneel?

I don't think so. In a different formation, I would assume they would need to be downed by contact. Unless QB kneeling in general counts like a QB slide.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I don't think so. In a different formation, I would assume they would need to be downed by contact. Unless QB kneeling in general counts like a QB slide.
    Hmm, true.

But isn't that what they're doing on kneel downs now? As in just kneeling and the clock winding down? Very rarely on those plays do I see the QB get touched (if so, the cameras must just cut away top coaches/reaction straight away).

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Yes, I just don't know if it's an exception made for the one play, or if it's considered to be down in general.

Dave
    I'm waiting to see how the 49ers fare against a competent defense...not just a one dimensional defense (Detroit).

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I'm waiting to see how the 49ers fare against a competent defense...not just a one dimensional defense (Detroit).
    They did and lost on Thanksgiving night.

I'm not going to lie, I miss Pagano. Dean Pees reminds me of Greg Mattison. I hate the name of Greg Mattison! $#@! that 3 man line. $#@! it to hell!

49ers do look legit though. I said they weren't just for the record. But they're proving me wrong.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

23. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Dave
    Anyone else notice the Eagles have won 10 games in a row now?

The Heisman
    My mistake football god lol
    Dave is being referred to as "football god" ???

...my how this thread has... "evolved"

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    They did and lost on Thanksgiving night.

I'm not going to lie, I miss Pagano. Dean Pees reminds me of Greg Mattison. I hate the name of Greg Mattison! $#@! that 3 man line. $#@! it to hell!

49ers do look legit though. I said they weren't just for the record. But they're proving me wrong.
    Absolutely. But I'm willing to give him at least more games to make my mind up about him (though it doesn't look good so far).

Hoping that we get someone a bit more aggressive back. Maybe get Coach Nolan back if he doesn't get a HC gig again.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Dave is being referred to as "football god" ???

...my how this thread has... "evolved"
    Manning is looking sharp tonight...

Thread Information