Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Omg Bucs did it
    The Bucs haven't been talked about lately, 6-4 record not bad

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Dallas get the win over Cleveland.
    Last edited by THUGGEDOUT; 11-18-2012 at 21:56.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by imINxile View Post
    The Bucs haven't been talked about lately, 6-4 record not bad
    Ya great turnaround from last year, I feel if we can make playoffs and Falcons lose their playoff our coach will be in the talks for coach of the year, oh and if Colts slow down

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    DAMN you BROWNS!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    wow sloppy win for sure...9-1
    Man, to bad
    Edit- I knew Bucs should of kept Talib, he already has a pick six >_<
    Last edited by MartyRules; 11-18-2012 at 22:25.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Dedicated Member
    It would've been nice to see the Browns, Jags, Cards & Rams win.

I still need the Chargers & Steelers to lose today.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    It would've been nice to see the Browns, Jags, Cards & Rams win.

I still need the Chargers & Steelers to lose today.
    Was thinking the same.

8. Likes Sleepy likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Patriot's TE Gronkowski has a broken forearm.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-patriots-fear

Out 4-6 weeks.

Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England reports X-rays show Rob Gronkowski indeed has a broken forearm.
    Both Mike Garafolo of USA Today and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport report Gronk's timeline is 4-6 weeks. Although they are different kinds of players, the loss of Gronkowski may force the Patriots to act with more urgency on Aaron Hernandez (ankle), who's been practicing the past two weeks but has not played in games. Gronkowski is such a valuable player to New England's offense that he figures to be kept on the roster, rather than placed on injured reserve, in hopes of a very late-season or postseason return. It's obviously a crushing blow to fantasy owners, as well. Gronkowski was the No. 1 overall fantasy tight end through ten games.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Steelers D is giving this game away...smh

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Pop Pop!!! And now your out for a couple of weeks lol damn what a hit!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    So...

The Ravens won. lol, what a long weird season. 8-2 and really should be 3-7.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    So...

The Ravens won. lol, what a long weird season. 8-2 and really should be 3-7.
    I'll take it.

Living in a country where our SuperBowl equivalent (in rugby - the Rugby World Cup) is every four years, and not having won it after 20+ years (except last year escaping with a 1 point win) - you take the wins no matter how ugly your record is.

So if we win the SB or just limp into the SB and somehow win it, but ugly - you won't be seeing me complain.

This is partly why I'll take a QB like Flacoo 9 times out of 10. Sure he'll have weird off days (but never really games that he'll lose you - more like games that he could've won you) but he's capable of great things that you keep that because it's hard to even find something half of that (just asl the Cards and other teams needing a QB).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

14. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Winning is winning lol

9er's and Bears tonight who you got!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

16. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    9ers
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Tough one man. Hear both starting Qb's are out but Chicago's backup Campbell has the experience edge. Might just come down to which defense scores more points ha.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Hey imINxile, was the game fun to watch? Or one of those sloppy frustrating to watch kind? I know they were trailing most of the game, but how did they do?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    The defense had some costly penalties, but they are also the biggest reason that Pittsburgh still had a shot to win the game.

Props to Byron for giving one-hundred percent and not getting spooked after a couple of big, blindside hits. He did everything he could to help the Steelers win, but it wasn't enough. Tomlin probably should have put Batch in towards the end of the game when Byron was clearly hurting and the throwing game was suffering.

Mike Wallace is proving the Rooney's right and I don't see him getting the huge extension he's looking for next year.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Hey imINxile, was the game fun to watch? Or one of those sloppy frustrating to watch kind? I know they were trailing most of the game, but how did they do?
    Depends if you consider biting your nails off and pulling your hair out a good time, lol! I like a good close North matchup though so yeah I enjoyed it. Knew once we held them to that last FG we had a game winning drive in us! Was sorta sloppy yeah!

22. Likes RaY_210 , DeviousOne likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Ravens fans have to be even more upset with Torrey Smith than Steelers fans are with Mike Wallace. Smith is a deep threat, sure, but he lacks any other skill set and scarcely goes over the middle for the tough yards. He has been wildly inconsistent and lacks the ability to stretch the field consistently and open up opportunities for Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin.

On the other side, Wallace has also dropped too many catchable balls and sometimes causes fans to question his effort, but he has been one of the only scoring forces on our offense thanks to his big play ability.

Antonio Brown being sidleined also drastically changes the Steelers playcalling approach.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgiccuda View Post
    Ravens fans have to be even more upset with Torrey Smith than Steelers fans are with Mike Wallace. Smith is a deep threat, sure, but he lacks any other skill set and scarcely goes over the middle for the tough yards. He has been wildly inconsistent and lacks the ability to stretch the field consistently and open up opportunities for Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin.

On the other side, Wallace has also dropped too many catchable balls and sometimes causes fans to question his effort, but he has been one of the only scoring forces on our offense thanks to his big play ability.

Antonio Brown being sidleined also drastically changes the Steelers playcalling approach.
    I think aside from his deep speed, he lacks separation skills. Usually, they'll just put a Safety high and play him over/under which usually negates his speed-based advantage. I think if he develops his route running to the point of being more varied, then he'll be a real threat.

Though, that's where Cam Cam comes in....

Though i don't think most Ravens fans are really upset with him - we realise he was raw when we drafted him and are just happy with his current production based on the player he was, thus far.

Don't think Wallace has played badly up to this point either - I think a lot of fans were pampered by the fantasy numbers put up by a lot of offensive players last year.

Fans need to temper expectations and remember that stats are for losers. Steelers need to keep as much of their receivers as they can, especially if Ben is out, QBs lke Leftwich are not going to make avg but fast WRs look good.

But I do get the merit of letting him go/trading him too.

EDIT:

PS: Wish that most fans, albeit Steelers ones, are like this guy - too many times you see butthurt fans complain and abuse.
    Last edited by Admartian; 11-20-2012 at 02:00.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    LOL Jason Campbell...smh

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    LOL Jason Campbell...smh
    I was just thinking the same thing! Lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

EDIT:

PS: Wish that most fans, albeit Steelers ones, are like this guy - too many times you see butthurt fans complain and abuse.
    Don't get me wrong, I hate the Ravens. But that's just the rivalry. My best friend/longtime roommate from college years is from Charm City and a hardcore Ravens fan and I am good friends with a lot of his friends who share the same allegiance.

As I stated before, the thing that separates me from many typical "Picksburgh" fans is the fact that I am capable of rational thinking and bipartisanship.

You guys won. Do I think you are the better team if both of us are healthy? No. It's close, but I think we have the coaching advantage that makes so much of a difference but often goes unnoticed. Both teams are good, I just wish both were at full strength so there wouldn't be any doubt.

28. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Leftwich has broken ribs and is out for next week's game. The Steelers signed Jeff George (ugh) but will most likely start fan-favorite, Charlie Batch.

Plaxico Burress has also been signed (double ugh) which leads me to believe that Brown will miss extended time (triple f'n ugh).

So, let's recap my sports season so far....

Reds finish at the top of the NL Central but are bounced from playoffs after dropping four straight to the Giants.

WVU's football team starts off by torching defenses and leaving head coaches stunned only to get into the meat of the Big 12 schedule and get thoroughly embarrassed. Even in close games they find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Steelers, after battling back from a slow start, start to look impressive and as if they are finding a rhythm only to suffer an onslaught of injuries to their top players and playmakers. And their back-ups. Leading to the signing of Plaxico Burress. And Jeff freakin' George.

I haz a big sad.
    Last edited by Burgiccuda; 11-20-2012 at 03:27.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgiccuda View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I hate the Ravens. But that's just the rivalry. My best friend/longtime roommate from college years is from Charm City and a hardcore Ravens fan and I am good friends with a lot of his friends who share the same allegiance.

As I stated before, the thing that separates me from many typical "Picksburgh" fans is the fact that I am capable of rational thinking and bipartisanship.

You guys won. Do I think you are the better team if both of us are healthy? No. It's close, but I think we have the coaching advantage that makes so much of a difference but often goes unnoticed. Both teams are good, I just wish both were at full strength so there wouldn't be any doubt.
    I'm not singling out Steelers fans or anyone in particular at all. Because seeing it from sites like NFL.com or ESPN.com etc; there are plenty of fans quick to k just dismiss (and have no respect for) another team (e.g. Squelers are done, or ratbirds are lucky etc).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for 'heated' rivalries; but that shouldn't mean at the expense of rationale and respect. Did I hate it when Hines Ward smiled when he was in winning games, or did I hate the hair bobbing up and down for a pick/sack? Damn right.

But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate them for what they are too.

Nor should any other fan just because they have per-conceived biases or that they think it belittles their team in doing so.

Case in point, certain Falcons fans not giving Joe any credit because they presumably feel that it takes away from what Matt Ryan has done, and vice-versa (not calling anyone out on this board).

Thread Information