Page 857 of 975 FirstFirst ... 847857867 ... LastLast
Results 21,401 to 21,425 of 24351

Thread: NFL Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just listened to about 5 mins of the Cover Two (or whatever it's called) podcast with Wyche and Kriegel That guy and some dude called bryce basically called out Joe for not doing better on the road, at Heinz, against the number 1 defense in the league, and on a primetime rivalry game that are HISTORICALLY TIGHT CONTESTS!

If I didn't think it before, I think these guys are just doing it to troll Ravens fans.

I mean seriously, if you're a serious NFL fan that can objectively look at each player/team, this is just ridiculous and OTT. This is just going too far now - they can't crucify a guy for thinking highly of himself; especially if they've not really had a track record for being 'problems' or having wild antics in the past....

Carson Palmer throws for seemingly 350+ yards every game, yet he's not being crowned; and conversely; Schaub, save for that Jax game, is more or less the same numbers as Flacco yet they don't hesitate to suck his nuts after that.

FML.

I know I'm not going insane; I am realistic about my teams (for any sport). I just hate it when I see opinions going too far and being paraded as fact. Whether it be in sports, or in tech, politics, etc.

And shame on anyone, to call yourself a knowledgeable fan if you buy into this crap.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Pretty good contest going (Hou/Det). Calvin Johnson is having a good first half. The Lions can be a scary team...if only they played consistently throughout the entire game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Didn't even know there were three games on today.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I'm missing the first game but ill be all over the second dallas and washington

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I'm missing the first game but ill be all over the second dallas and washington
    You're not missing to much. The most talked about thing you'll be hearing from it is the Suh kick to the nuts on purpose? and how did the refs mess up on that TD call?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    The term "defenseless receiver" in a contact sport is exactly why some rugby fans mock gridiron.

7. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    The term "defenseless receiver" in a contact sport is exactly why some rugby fans mock gridiron.
    They mock it because they are ignorant to what it actually means.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    They mock it because they are ignorant to what it actually means.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk
    NFL fans are doing it too. Chill. That call was pretty touch and go for that punt catch.

There are similar rules too - as in not dragging a player down during a lineout or tackling a player in mid-air.

Anyway, Texans extremely lucky to win this one.

Extremely.
    Last edited by Admartian; 11-22-2012 at 21:48.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    To answer your question, Ad-mart, the reason we're so crucified are because we're not that team. We win ugly and don't appeal to these NFL Fantasy casuals. They see Romo, Brees and all these other people throw the ball 65 times for 400 yards and they're All-World Beaters. Just how the word Elite is being tossed around senselessly by these people. Someone called Torrey Smith an Elite WR on NFL Network gameday. Get the $#@! outta here! The boy is a beast, but he's not yet a complete receiver.

You'll only get credit when ESPN crowns you. Simple as that. Look at Colin Kaepaernick. They crowned him and now he'll be starting against the Saints. The NFL sells hope and controversy. It's all a staged WWE program now. And suck my nuts on that defenseless receiver bull$#@!. It's football! Jerry Rice had to do it. Troy Aikman had to do it. Ben Roethlisberger has to do it. You signed up for this. It's a contact sport!

You're only defenseless if you're getting cheap shot. (Suh I'm lookin' at you) Or if blatant Helmet-to-Helmet hits are occurring. Not because you got smacked in the mouth because your QB threw the ball 70 yards in the air and you jumped for it. NFL is pansy style now. That's why I said wake me up Feb 3rd so I can see the final results. Everything in life is so frauded now. Out there to appease the masses.

Knowledgeable fans are a dying breed. It's all about the QB rating and Clutchness stat found on ESPN.com

/laughs

$Greatness$ Awaits™

11. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    The media hates on the Ravens and a majority of people IRL and on message boards hate on the Steelers. The world keeps on turning in perfect harmony.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

13. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    You're only defenseless if you're getting cheap shot. (Suh I'm lookin' at you) Or if blatant Helmet-to-Helmet hits are occurring. Not because you got smacked in the mouth because your QB threw the ball 70 yards in the air and you jumped for it. NFL is pansy style now. That's why I said wake me up Feb 3rd so I can see the final results. Everything in life is so frauded now. Out there to appease the masses.

Knowledgeable fans are a dying breed. It's all about the QB rating and Clutchness stat found on ESPN.com

/laughs
    I really don't like the direction the league has taken towards this. I played tight end in middle and high school. If you catch the ball (or drop the pass, for that matter) and you're about to get decked by a defensive player, your first instinct is to "turtle up" in anticipation of absorbing the hit. When you do so, this causes the defender to not hit the intended area (shoulder/chest pads right below helmet) and instead clean your clock worse than they would have. There is nothing the defender can do to change their trajectory at that point. the penalty should only be enforced if their is clear malicious intent on the player's behalf.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

15. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    To answer your question, Ad-mart, the reason we're so crucified are because we're not that team. We win ugly and don't appeal to these NFL Fantasy casuals. They see Romo, Brees and all these other people throw the ball 65 times for 400 yards and they're All-World Beaters. Just how the word Elite is being tossed around senselessly by these people. Someone called Torrey Smith an Elite WR on NFL Network gameday. Get the $#@! outta here! The boy is a beast, but he's not yet a complete receiver.

You'll only get credit when ESPN crowns you. Simple as that. Look at Colin Kaepaernick. They crowned him and now he'll be starting against the Saints. The NFL sells hope and controversy. It's all a staged WWE program now. And suck my nuts on that defenseless receiver bull$#@!. It's football! Jerry Rice had to do it. Troy Aikman had to do it. Ben Roethlisberger has to do it. You signed up for this. It's a contact sport!

/laughs
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgiccuda View Post
    The media hates on the Ravens and a majority of people IRL and on message boards hate on the Steelers. The world keeps on turning in perfect harmony.
    I really don't like the direction the league has taken towards this. I played tight end in middle and high school. If you catch the ball (or drop the pass, for that matter) and you're about to get decked by a defensive player, your first instinct is to "turtle up" in anticipation of absorbing the hit. When you do so, this causes the defender to not hit the intended area (shoulder/chest pads right below helmet) and instead clean your clock worse than they would have. There is nothing the defender can do to change their trajectory at that point. the penalty should only be enforced if their is clear malicious intent on the player's behalf.
    It's not surprising fans of a division still akin to an older-style of football see the worrying trend the NFL is going in.

Yeah, apparently Kaepernick - along with Luck; RG3 - and Newton for a while - will be inducted to the Hall of Fame come a couple of months from now.

This is why I hate the effect of Fantasy Football on fans/casuals. It's a good way to be a pretend GM; but to base any football opinion on someone's/a team's skill on their FF numbers, is completely ridiculous.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    I don't care who you are, to not at least include RG3 in the Best QB discussion is ludicrous. Yeah, the pundits fawn over him constantly, but the fact remains that he has done a great job under center in his rookie season for a terrible team.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    It's not surprising fans of a division still akin to an older-style of football see the worrying trend the NFL is going in.

I have seen a few instances this year where Harrison has had an open shot on a QB but has pulled up because he doesn't want to be flagged or incur yet another fine.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    RG3 has the potenial to be a future Stud but is no where close to being in that top qb class...cmon! LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

20. Likes Burgiccuda likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    In terms of what he's working with and his experience you've got to admit that RG3 is doing a phenomenal job all things considered.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    RG3 2012 Stats - 16 TD 4 INT 2,504 yards and a 67.5% completion rate.

Joe Flacco 2012 Stats - 13 TD 7 INT 2,495 yards and a 60.4% completion rate.

Peyton Manning 2012 Stats - 24 TD 7 INT 2,975 yards and a 68.5% completion rate.

Aaron Rodgers 2012 Stats - 27 TD INT 6 2,619 yards and a 67.2% completion rate.

Big Ben 2012 stats - 17 TD INT 4 2,287 yards and a 66.1% completion rate.

RG3 belongs in the discussion.

*didn't list Brees or Brady because they are a pretty far ahead lol

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Drew Brees. /thread

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    RG3 2012 Stats - 16 TD 4 INT 2,504 yards and a 67.5% completion rate.

Joe Flacco 2012 Stats - 13 TD 7 INT 2,495 yards and a 60.4% completion rate.

Peyton Manning 2012 Stats - 24 TD 7 INT 2,975 yards and a 68.5% completion rate.

Aaron Rodgers 2012 Stats - 27 TD INT 6 2,619 yards and a 67.2% completion rate.

Big Ben 2012 stats - 17 TD INT 4 2,287 yards and a 66.1% completion rate.

RG3 belongs in the discussion.

*didn't list Brees or Brady because they are a pretty far ahead lol
    No love for Free? 21Tds- 7 Ints

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    No love for Free? 21Tds- 7 Ints
    Sorry, KS. I was just listing most of the QB's that usually pop up in the "best QB" discussion. I think Freeman is solid and hasn't lived up to his full potential yet, but you have to admit that he's not in the discussion at this point.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Not to mention a paltry 54.6% completion percentage for Freeman.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Not to mention a paltry 54.6% completion percentage for Freeman.
    Completion % doesn't matter to much when you're one of the top qbs with YPA and top big plays with few turnovers

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Completion % doesn't matter to much when you're one of the top qbs with YPA and top big plays with few turnovers
    It does affect the ability to pick up first downs and can have an impact on opponent's field position.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    He could be a good QB, but he lacks the ability to put the team on his back.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    He could be a good QB, but he lacks the ability to put the team on his back.
    I don't know what games you've watched, but Freeman has done this many times. He had a slump last year, other than that he's shown he can be that guy. He could be a tad more consistent tho

Thread Information