Results 21,501 to 21,525 of 24299

Thread: NFL Thread

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    So he should be criticised by having confidence? Gets lambasted for throwing for 355 and 1 td. Just saying.

People really are blowing that comment way out of proportion. Honestly, this would not happen if it were any other QB saying it (save Sanchez and Cassel perhaps). Freeman calling himself elite, or Rivers, or Cutler; yeah, they'd probably get some back and forth. But it would be one sided the way fans like you and the media are piling on Flacco/the Ravens right now and just because it isn't their team being mocked.

It's easy to speak like this when you're one of the 'favoured' franchises though.

@Devious; I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Though isn't the spectacular it could've been with both teams under performing The Panthers have looked better as of late; while the Eagles have looked worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if Newton and the Panthers run rampant here. That iggles team looks really demoralised.
    definitely not a ravens/flacco hater but he made that comment and it will always hunt him....the same goes for any other team. the eagles and the dream team moniker lol....Americas team the cowgirls and the Jets (biggest joke in the nfl) that keep saying they'll go to the playoff each year lol

2. Likes Burgiccuda likes this post
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    So he should be criticised by having confidence? Gets lambasted for throwing for 355 and 1 td. Just saying.

People really are blowing that comment way out of proportion. Honestly, this would not happen if it were any other QB saying it (save Sanchez and Cassel perhaps). Freeman calling himself elite, or Rivers, or Cutler; yeah, they'd probably get some back and forth. But it would be one sided the way fans like you and the media are piling on Flacco/the Ravens right now and just because it isn't their team being mocked.
    Freeman, Rivers, or JCutty calling themselves elite would provide so many more LOLs from me than Flacco, easily. The way Flacco said that he belonged in the elite discussion gave off an air of, to use a professional term, "butthurtedness." Yes, that's professional. What? I watch a lot of Workaholics.

Personally, I think Flacco has had a chip on his shoulder since not being recruited by DI schools and having to make his name at Delaware. After a great senior season, an impressive showing in the playoffs, and being drafted highly for a DII QB I imagine his head started swelling just a bit.
    All your bacon are belong to me.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgiccuda View Post
    Freeman, Rivers, or JCutty calling themselves elite would provide so many more LOLs from me than Flacco, easily. The way Flacco said that he belonged in the elite discussion gave off an air of, to use a professional term, "butthurtedness." Yes, that's professional. What? I watch a lot of Workaholics.

Personally, I think Flacco has had a chip on his shoulder since not being recruited by DI schools and having to make his name at Delaware. After a great senior season, an impressive showing in the playoffs, and being drafted highly for a DII QB I imagine his head started swelling just a bit.
    Maybe. You might be on to something here.

I didn't get that from what he said. But no biggie.

Also, this game is clsoer than it should be. Eagles backups look hungry. Or the OPnathers are just letting them through. Probably a bit of both.

Good thing its competitive so I have something to watch until Friday afternoon.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

5. Likes Burgiccuda likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I put on the game idk maybe its just me but it feels like its such a worthless game I don't give a ish...I've never had that feeling watching an nfl game

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Guru
    If you think Flacco gets a lot of unnecessary hate, try being a fan of the Bears/Cutler. I swear, fans and "analysts" alike will look for absolutely anything to $#@! about with Jay.

...Tapatalking

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    If you think Flacco gets a lot of unnecessary hate, try being a fan of the Bears/Cutler. I swear, fans and "analysts" alike will look for absolutely anything to $#@! about with Jay.

...Tapatalking
    With great sulking comes great disdain.

This is the of life of Dr. Jay Cutler, The Incredible Sulk.
    All your bacon are belong to me.

10. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    LoL...Jay is alright with me.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Lol As a Packer fan, I love dogging on Cutler just as much as anyone, but even I know he gets waaaay more hate than he deserves
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Elder
    Romo too.

Hes a hell of a quarterback when someone blocks for him.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian

...Tapatalking
    I love Cutler. He's my type of QB - able to sling it deep and anywhere he wants and not giving a Fuc.. what you or anyone thinks.

Sometimes, personality is what gets you into trouble in pro sports. - you rub the media the wrong way or a certain way; you get lambasted.

But he just wants to win and he gets annoyed by all this BS from the media. I don't blame him.

If you're not all lovey dovey or give them what they think are great, but cliched sound bytes like the Mannings, Bradys and BRees, Lucks etc of this world, then you're going to get the hate that he does.

I still crack up about the "goooooooood luuuuuck" comments though.
    Last edited by Admartian; 11-28-2012 at 19:04.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Romo too.

or when his receivers decide to catch the ball

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Or decide to run the right rotues.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    good point sir. Im not a dallas fan but Romo is a good QB if bryant would get his head out of his ass they would be a great duo...And that O line....just wow

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Guru
    I love Cutler. He's my type of QB - able to sling it deep and anywhere he wants and not giving a Fuc.. what you or anyone thinks.

Sometimes, personality is what gets you into trouble in pro sports. - you rub the media the wrong way or a certain way; you get lambasted.

But he just wants to win and he gets annoyed by all this BS from the media. I don't blame him.

If you're not all lovey dovey or give them what they think are great, but cliched sound bytes like the Mannings, Bradys and BRees, Lucks etc of this world, then you're going to get the hate that he does.

I still crack up about the "goooooooood luuuuuck" comments though.
    I'm the same way. I love the way he plays the QB position, I just wish we could have more offensive success. He needs to play better, but our offensive problems continue and they don't start with the QB.

As far as the good luck thing...are you referring to what he said to the Green Bay corners before the game earlier this year? If so, I think a lot of people misunderstood the comment. It started with someone asking him about how GB the past few years had always given us trouble by playing aggressive press man coverage and beating up guys like Hester and Johnny Knox at the line because theyre not good/strong enough to get off the jam adequately. Anyway, he was asked what if that still happens with Marshall and Jeffery at wr this year. To that he replied "good luck." Although the packers shut us down, it wasn't due to the wrs getting dominated at the line.

I think a lot of people thought Jay was just talking $#@! and telling the GB CBs a general "good luck with our guys now" type thing.

...Tapatalking

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I'm the same way. I love the way he plays the QB position, I just wish we could have more offensive success. He needs to play better, but our offensive problems continue and they don't start with the QB.

As far as the good luck thing...are you referring to what he said to the Green Bay corners before the game earlier this year? If so, I think a lot of people misunderstood the comment. It started with someone asking him about how GB the past few years had always given us trouble by playing aggressive press man coverage and beating up guys like Hester and Johnny Knox at the line because theyre not good/strong enough to get off the jam adequately. Anyway, he was asked what if that still happens with Marshall and Jeffery at wr this year. To that he replied "good luck." Although the packers shut us down, it wasn't due to the wrs getting dominated at the line.

I think a lot of people thought Jay was just talking $#@! and telling the GB CBs a general "good luck with our guys now" type thing.

...Tapatalking
    Nah I had no problem with that quote - I only meant it as in the way Ross Tucker of Football Today on ESPN uses it (probably one of the more level headed and even-keeled analysts today too - doesn't hate on anyone nor is he a homer. Probably helps that he was a former player and Ivy-League school alum as well).

good point sir. Im not a dallas fan but Romo is a good QB if bryant would get his head out of his ass they would be a great duo...And that O line....just wow
    I think Romo and Flacco are flipped; Romo plays with better stats home or on the road; but seems to puke in pressure clutch game-winning situations (most of the time). Flacco; not always statistically impressive; but plays up to the pressure on hand. Almost waiting until he actually has to try.

Romo in a less high-pressure environment; would be a lot more successful and/or less scrutinised.

Either way, Romo is a good QB. And like I said earlier; the media plays a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE part in how players are seen and perceived.

They can almost make or break careers.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Romo too.

lol Romo's stats come from him playing from behind! ill let sanchez play for me before Romo

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Romo too.

You mean like Joe Flacco when he's murdered to the tune of 35+ takes a year?

Joe Flacco redirects you to 2011 AFC championship game lol

But I digress and love you all. And Tony Romo is just a fraud. Period.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    lol Romo's stats come from him playing from behind! ill let sanchez play for me before Romo
    lol never. Even saying that those stats are from behind, the fact that he can still do that would put him above Sanchez already.

Forum Elder
    Lol, romo is way better then sanchez or joe "ill just throw it 50 yards and get pass interfernce" flacco.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Lol, romo is way better then sanchez or joe "ill just throw it 50 yards and get pass interfernce" flacco.

lol wut? When was the last time the Ravens benefited from a PI? And even still, what is the frequency of that? He throws deep because he can; now whether our 1960s route combinations are up to par to today's NFL is another issue.

I'd still take Joe's playoff successes and Steelers clashes over any of Romo's performances any day.

Still, Romo > Sanchez. Though, it could be said, anyone > Sanchez.

EDIT:

Lol also, if I remember correctly, it was Romo that should have capitalised on a late PI call from the last Bal vs DAL game this season; so I don't know if you are familiar with "throwing stones" and all that wisdom.
    Last edited by Admartian; 11-29-2012 at 02:45.

Forum Elder
    Lmao, didnt thinkvit would b long before I got a response.

I dont follow the ravens but the 3 games I did watch I saw that everytime. Matter of fact i thought they copied ben, hes definitely famous for slinging up $#@!, hoping for pi or his recievers adjust for the ball. His recievers make him look to good.

Anyway, sanchez is terrible and tim isnt the answer there.

Romo is damn good though, hes just working behind the worst oline in football.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Lmao, didnt thinkvit would b long before I got a response.

I dont follow the ravens but the 3 games I did watch I saw that everytime. Matter of fact i thought they copied ben, hes definitely famous for slinging up $#@!, hoping for pi or his recievers adjust for the ball. His recievers make him look to good.

Anyway, sanchez is terrible and tim isnt the answer there.

Romo is damn good though, hes just working behind the worst oline in football.

Why? So you think Ben just throws it up there and prays? I think you don't know very much about football; respectfully of course.

TBH, that Romo and his receivers thing goes both ways. As bad as they can make him look, they can bail him out more often than not. Bryant breaks a lot of tackles, and is basically B-Marsh 2.0 but a bit more of a headcase. Witten is probably one of the surest hands and 1st down gainers in TE history. Not to mention the solid slew of WRs the Cowboys have had from Austin, Robinson, Ogletree, Bennet, etc.

Call Flacco inconsistent on the road all you want; but all these talking heads, whether they like him or not; acknowledge his ability to make any throw on the field - and has demonstrated this in games more often than not also.

And lol at doubting Ben - he may be a rival of ours; but man can ball.

Also, no one here apart from Mullah was even questioning Romo's ability (not calling you out bro ) - in fact, if you can read; you'll see that we were all saying he was a bit over-criticised. Heck I'd wager to say Mullah would agree and was just voicing his preference.

I'm not surprised that you weren't surprised at the quickness of response - the post and premise of your ideas was flawed at best, in a utopia.
    Last edited by Admartian; 11-29-2012 at 03:17.

Forum Elder
    Ben can ball and its he who keeps the steelers going, but I have seen him throw and pray lots of times. I didnt say thats all he does.

I dont recall saying flacco was inconsistent.

I was referring to greatness posting romo is a fraud.

If u think ogletree is a consistant good reciever u dont know football, respectfully of course.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0

Oh Oh, I wanna do one Joe"I think I'm elite"Flacco, but in all seriousness I do like Romo better. Romo can't lean on his D and the play calling for Cowboys hasn't been to hot lately

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Elder
    Lol spree.

Until they get an oline they cant compete. I hope they can build one in the next few years.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information