Page 868 of 975 FirstFirst ... 858868878 ... LastLast
Results 21,676 to 21,700 of 24352

Thread: NFL Thread

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    True at this point of the season its all about position and getting homefield advantage.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Cam Cameron has been toasted! Yes! 1 down... 2 to go!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Cam Cameron has been toasted! Yes! 1 down... 2 to go!
    Haven't visited this thread (for obvious reasons) and the BR and russell street boards and I see this news.

Wow. Never thought Harbs had the cajones to do this (if not, I bet Oz/Bisciotti forced his hand).

Peace out. I'll be back when I feel a lot better about my team.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Haven't visited this thread (for obvious reasons) and the BR and russell street boards and I see this news.

Wow. Never thought Harbs had the cajones to do this (if not, I bet Oz/Bisciotti forced his hand).

Peace out. I'll be back when I feel a lot better about my team.
    Don't be a stranger we'll be seeing you guys in 2 weeks

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Don't be a stranger we'll be seeing you guys in 2 weeks
    Exactly one of the reasons I didn't want to be here!

(Not that you're a 'Dave' rub it in/ignorant type of fan) - but still, will be embarrassing.

I'm calling it now; Giants 42 Ravens 27.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Don't be surprised if the giants decide to not show up against the ravens....If may be a very close game in fact I'm honestly expect it to be close with atl and with the ravens.

Given the situation your team is in with all the injuries you guys are still playing good enough to win any game they play.

The only team that should be embarrassed are the cardinals they lost by 58 points!!! That has to be a record!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Ouch it must suck being he OC of a 9-4 team who is 1st in their division and end up getting fired mid-season...a bit harsh...

However, I was never a Cam Cameron fan and I actually like his replacement (Jim Caldweld) much more. It should help the Ravens in the long run.

Veteran
    Problem with the Ravens this year is obviously their defense won't be able to carry them through the playoffs. They'll have to see QBs like Brady and Manning or a run game like Houstons.

Flacco can only take them so far. Unfortunately I'm seeing a first round elimination for Baltimore this year. I mean, I could be wrong but I just don't see this being their year.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Don't be surprised if the giants decide to not show up against the ravens....If may be a very close game in fact I'm honestly expect it to be close with atl and with the ravens.

Given the situation your team is in with all the injuries you guys are still playing good enough to win any game they play.

The only team that should be embarrassed are the cardinals they lost by 58 points!!! That has to be a record!
    Maybe, maybe not. This is usually around the time Eli gets hot (case in point yesterday). Not looking forward to the remaining three games.

Especially with the Bengals so unpredictable.

Yeah, I think the Cards D is still good. But it's hard for the D to keep stepping up when the offense is consistently just really crap. I know this, because our defense (prior to Flacco) was kind of like that (well at least we had a running game with Jamal Lewis and Willis McGahee).

If the Cards can get someone capable back there (heck even Fitpatrick or Sanchez) throwing to Fitz, Roberts and Flloyd; they'd at least be competent and cut the defense some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Ouch it must suck being he OC of a 9-4 team who is 1st in their division and end up getting fired mid-season...a bit harsh...

However, I was never a Cam Cameron fan and I actually like his replacement (Jim Caldweld) much more. It should help the Ravens in the long run.
    A bit harsh and a bit overdue as well. Personally I thought he needed to go after year three. It has certainly been loooong overdue for Ravens fans that's for sure.

Regarding Caldwell, we;ll see, we know he's not a good HC; we'll see how well he does with Cam's system (let's hope he adjusts it to a more open style of offense). Looks like Joe and the rest of the guys are more comfortable with that/winging it than going with two (Boldin & Torrey) 9 routes, Pitta on a shallow drag, Leach blocking, and Rice on a delayed curl.

With that "game plan" it wasn't hard to stop us. Pretty much every throw had to be perfect because the defense knew exactly what was coming and knew where to defend.

Either way (win or lose) It's a step in the right direction.

BTW that deep strike down the middle on 4th (or was it 3rd down) and long from Foles in the 4th quarter with seconds left was pretty good.

Saw that on Dilfer's Dimes.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Veteran
    Well if you wanna go all the way back to 1940 the Bears beat the Redskins 73-0 in the championship game.

I was curious too so I looked it up hahaha

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Well if you wanna go all the way back to 1940 the Bears beat the Redskins 73-0 in the championship game.

I was curious too so I looked it up hahaha
    Lmao nice one bro! I would be pissed if I watched the superbowl and that was the score! No excuse for the cardinals to lose 58 nothing can't believe they started 4-0 and lost every game since....just mind blowing!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Regardless of whether Caldwell is a step up or not, I just hope he gives Ray Rice the ball a ton more because I have him in my fantasy team and it's playoff time!! haha

As for the Foles pass, yeah it was pretty sick. Avant made a couple nice catches in that game...it's about time because he hasn't done anything since he's been on the team! Jury is still out on Foles...want to see more of him before I call him the future QB.

I just hope Andy is gone after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. This is usually around the time Eli gets hot (case in point yesterday). Not looking forward to the remaining three games.

Especially with the Bengals so unpredictable.

Yeah, I think the Cards D is still good. But it's hard for the D to keep stepping up when the offense is consistently just really crap. I know this, because our defense (prior to Flacco) was kind of like that (well at least we had a running game with Jamal Lewis and Willis McGahee).

If the Cards can get someone capable back there (heck even Fitpatrick or Sanchez) throwing to Fitz, Roberts and Flloyd; they'd at least be competent and cut the defense some slack.

A bit harsh and a bit overdue as well. Personally I thought he needed to go after year three. It has certainly been loooong overdue for Ravens fans that's for sure.

Regarding Caldwell, we;ll see, we know he's not a good HC; we'll see how well he does with Cam's system (let's hope he adjusts it to a more open style of offense). Looks like Joe and the rest of the guys are more comfortable with that/winging it than going with two (Boldin & Torrey) 9 routes, Pitta on a shallow drag, Leach blocking, and Rice on a delayed curl.

With that "game plan" it wasn't hard to stop us. Pretty much every throw had to be perfect because the defense knew exactly what was coming and knew where to defend.

Either way (win or lose) It's a step in the right direction.

BTW that deep strike down the middle on 4th (or was it 3rd down) and long from Foles in the 4th quarter with seconds left was pretty good.

Saw that on Dilfer's Dimes.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Wow. Packers have a chance at the 2 seed. Was not expecting that. Have to take care of the Bears next week first, so we'll see.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Veteran
    Ahh I know from the start the Cardinals were pretenders.

You're not going anywhere if you're QB is Kevin Kolb or John freakin Skelton lmao.

Just like Larry Fitz said, the team just completely gave up...that's how it ended up being 58-0....that and their just straight terrible.

Lmao nice one bro! I would be pissed if I watched the superbowl and that was the score! No excuse for the cardinals to lose 58 nothing can't believe they started 4-0 and lost every game since....just mind blowing!

Veteran
    Packers are poised for a nice run it seems. Their starting to run the ball better, they should be getting Matthews and Woodson back soon and not to mention they have the best QB in football. This is how i see it in the NFC right now:

Giants
    49ers
    Packers
    Falcons

Packers will beat the Bears handily next week if Campbell is forced to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Wow. Packers have a chance at the 2 seed. Was not expecting that. Have to take care of the Bears next week first, so we'll see.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Poor fitz in this situation he's just wasting his talents kolb was supposed to be their savior guess they are playing for the draft to get a high pick that's the feeling I get

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    They'll probably end up getting Matt Barkley who I happen to think will be another USC bust. (Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinhart, Matt Cassell, etc.)

Fitz should've gotten out of Arizona when he had the chance.

Poor fitz in this situation he's just wasting his talents kolb was supposed to be their savior guess they are playing for the draft to get a high pick that's the feeling I get

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Problem with the Ravens this year is obviously their defense won't be able to carry them through the playoffs. They'll have to see QBs like Brady and Manning or a run game like Houstons.

Flacco can only take them so far. Unfortunately I'm seeing a first round elimination for Baltimore this year. I mean, I could be wrong but I just don't see this being their year.
    Mate, I don't think you'll be offending many Ravens fans with that sentiment, especially based off of this year!

I've always thought Flacoo was good enough - as in; definitely and miles better than the scrubs of the league - but a step or two short of guys like Rodgers, Brees etc.

With the right game plan and talent,. You can win a ring with a QB like Flacco (same with Cutler, Rivers, Stafford etc). You just can't constrain them to an offensive philosophy that should've died out in the 1960s.

(I can guarantee anyone here if they watch coach cam; that you can predict the rotue/sruns of each ravens play And pretty much every throw of Joe's has to be perfect.)

There is no exploiting coverages, no maximising matchups etc. Just vanilla offense that can easily be negated with a cover two/safety help.

But enough about that - I just want us to look better and show improvement on both sides for me to feel better.

Regardless of whether Caldwell is a step up or not, I just hope he gives Ray Rice the ball a ton more because I have him in my fantasy team and it's playoff time!! haha

As for the Foles pass, yeah it was pretty sick. Avant made a couple nice catches in that game...it's about time because he hasn't done anything since he's been on the team! Jury is still out on Foles...want to see more of him before I call him the future QB.

I just hope Andy is gone after this year.
    Yeah it sucks for Andy. He's a good coach I feel - but sometimes a change of scenery is best for everyone.
    Last edited by Admartian; 12-10-2012 at 21:43.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    If I'm Arizona, I'm staying away from Barkley. Maybe even Geno (we'll see).

Maybe steer towards that NC State guy? lol too bad Johnny Football isn't eligible.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Packers are poised for a nice run it seems. Their starting to run the ball better, they should be getting Matthews and Woodson back soon and not to mention they have the best QB in football. This is how i see it in the NFC right now:

Giants
    49ers
    Packers
    Falcons

Packers will beat the Bears handily next week if Campbell is forced to start again.
    Cutler got hurt again? I missed that.

Same thing with Megatron. Not as bad a situation, but still wasted awesomeness on such a bad team
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Veteran
    Oh yeah you can absolutely win it with a QB like Flacco, just as long as he has a great defense backing him up...as we've seen during their recent runs to the AFCCG. I think we're in the same boat as far as Flacco is concerned. He's just a step down from the elite guys.

What's the deal with Suggs is out again? I haven't paid all that much attention to the Ravens the last couple weeks.

Veteran
    Yup Cutler got blasted again. I think it's another concussion, which means he'll be out for sure against Green Bay.

Same thing with Megatron. Not as bad a situation, but still wasted awesomeness on such a bad team

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

NFL Thread

Wow I honestly forgot about matt leinhart? Kurt Warner made me forgot about him lol...

USC qb's have yet to live up to the hype they come into the league with
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 12-10-2012 at 21:54.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

NFL Thread

Tru atleast he has a decent qb tho, fitz is just screwed he should come to the giants! Lmao wishful thinking on my part....=(

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    USC has a pretty bad history with QBs in the NFL.

Carson Palmer is the only one that I can remember who has been remotely good.

Wow I honestly forgot about matt leinhart? Kurt Warner made me forgot about him lol...

USC qb's have yet to live up to the hype they come into the league with

Thread Information