Thread: NFL Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    We're in Baltimore. That's a plus for the giants
    Used to be a plus for us. Never lost back to back at home since 2007.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I didn't know that I made my comment because we can't win at home for $#@! and we're a great road team well better on the road than at home lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That's what I was gonna say. Ravens are usually very tough to beat at home...but not as of late...

I'd be suprised to see Ravens lose another game in a row especially at home...but the Giants are usually very good at the end of the year. Somethings got to give lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    That's what I was gonna say. Ravens are usually very tough to beat at home...but not as of late...

I'd be suprised to see Ravens lose another game in a row especially at home...but the Giants are usually very good at the end of the year. Somethings got to give lol
    Don't they get Ray Lewis back this week? If so I hope they win another one like I said I felt bad for some of the things that have befallen the Ravens(injuries, OC being fired). Their a team I've respected since Ray Lewis has been there probably even after he leaves.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Don't they get Ray Lewis back this week? If so I hope they win another one like I said I felt bad for some of the things that have befallen the Ravens(injuries, OC being fired). Their a team I've respected since Ray Lewis has been there probably even after he leaves.
    Well I heard he's been practicing the week, not sure if he's going to play though. Still , even if he does, I'd expect him to be a little rusty with the missed time and all...

But hey a rusty Ray Lewis is still better than 99% of the linebackers in the NFL lol.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Well I heard he's been practicing the week, not sure if he's going to play though. Still , even if he does, I'd expect him to be a little rusty with the missed time and all...

But hey a rusty Ray Lewis is still better than 99% of the linebackers in the NFL lol.
    Damn right lol. I might be Falcons fan, but hey I'd love to have Ray Lewis on my team just saying.

Although I'm happy with SPOON(I had to say it lol), Dent, and Nicholas as well. Plus Peterson I forgot to add.
    Last edited by Arimax; 12-21-2012 at 01:42.

Veteran
    Damn right lol. I might be Falcons fan, but hey I'd love to have Ray Lewis on my team just saying.

Although I'm happy with SPOON(I had to say it lol), Dent, and Nicholas as well. Plus Peterson I forgot to add.
    Yup it's tough to replace a player like Ray Lewis. That's why I was so disappointed when the Eagles let go of Brian Dawkins a couple years to early.

They let him go and the defense has go straight downhill ever since.

Forum Elder
    No disrespect to balt fans but ray has slowed up big time. Hes not as fast as he used to be and doesnt get off blocks like he once did. But look how long the man has played a very violent position.

Now, rays presence on the field makes everyone around him play great football.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    No disrespect to balt fans but ray has slowed up big time. Hes not as fast as he used to be and doesnt get off blocks like he once did. But look how long the man has played a very violent position.

That's the thing, and that's something that is extremely priceless to a lot of teams. He might have slowed down, but he is without a doubt the leader of that team, and really I'm glad to have witnessed his career when he played.

Forum Elder
    That's the thing, and that's something that is extremely priceless to a lot of teams. He might have slowed down, but he is without a doubt the leader of that team, and really I'm glad to have witnessed his career when he played.
    No doubt. Probably the most dominant defensive player ive ever seen play.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

Nah, no disrespect at all. Father time waits for no one. His mind is still 100% there - his body just can't keep up. He'll know where a play will go or what to do or where to be, but he just can't get there quick enough and/or make the play.

The man would make a heck of a coach though.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Elder
    I always have believed he will coach when hes done playing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord

If he's not a coach/motivational speaker then the Apocalypse has begun, and we didn't believe in our smelf like we were suppose to.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Sorry if you guys missed me. I've been drowning my Steelers sorrows in ample amount of beer, copious quantities of liquor, and lots of, "How in the F*** do we play this badly?" rants spoken either to an empty living room or to my pops when he comes over to watch the games.

One thing is for sure.....sorry AdMartian and all the other Ravens fans. You guys are bigger pretenders than the Steelers. You guys jut fired Cameron. He sucks, sure, but I'd rather have him than Haley. That should tell you how much yinz hate Haley. He
    s f'ing up our dynamic. We don't have the personnel to run his system right now and you can't force that on this team. Not with playmakers like Wallace and Brown.

That said, they have both been huge disappointments this season. Everyone in the front office and all fans expected Antonio Brown to be a monster on YAC and he has been hampered by injuries and playcalling. Mik Wallace wants a big contract but couldn't even catch AIDS if he was wide open with a fresh cut. This is a team that four weeks ago I thought could make a SB run.

This is why I haven't been on the boards recently. Between Steelers/WVU football and WVU basketball I have been a drunken mess and I'd rather not post when intoxicated. Also, I work retail for a cell phone company and holidays are there own special Hell. Trust me. The only free time I have is spent drinking, playing video games, or drinking and playing video games.

Good to see you guys again, though. Missed this place, but was constantly drunk and didn't feel like getting on here and rambling.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Double post. Not sure how to delete yet, so I'll just say something else.

San Dimas Football Rules! WYLD STALLYNZ!
    Last edited by Burgiccuda; 12-21-2012 at 10:19.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda

Too emotional to be a coach. He will live off promotional speaking opps and other public appearances fees. Also, let's not forget that he was at the very least an accessory to murder.

That's not fair, I suppose. He was cleared and I have no hard evidence obviously, but I do possess common sense. But, on the other (not quite as bad, but still bad) hand, as a Steeler fan (who has met & hung with Ben, Hines. Randle El, and a bunch of the guys who were on the team from few 2008-2011) I can tell you that Ben is not a BAD guy, but he's also not a GOOD guy. Very nice to staff/volunteers like myself, but definitely promotes his hot shot image/pushes himself on girls at the bar.

Definitely calmed down since he got married. Seems to be a one-woman man now. SEEMS. I could be wrong, but we definitely noticed a change in behavior at training camp this summer. No late nights, lots of check-in calls to the wifey-to-be, and not as many requests. Ben is the kind of guy who knows he can't QB forever but wants to give it all while he still can and that's what he has my respect. Ravens fans wish Flacco had the field presence that #7 has.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    I was also at that Broncos-Ravens game and seeing Moreno hurdle Ed Reed in person was the coolest thing I've seen since Quincy Wilson blew Brandon Meriweather up and made him look like a $#@!.

You know it's good when you type "Quincy Wilson" in to the YouTube search bar and it completes with "Quincy Wilson the Run."

Yeah, we lost, but good lord that was a great moment for every Mountaineer fan. Still remember exactly where I was when it happened. In the common room in my dorm at Shepherd waiting for the inevitable letdown hahahaha!

Veteran

Like I said earlier..a rusty, older Ray Lewis is still better than the majority of linebackers playing right now. I could only name a handful that are better . I really don't think he's lost that much speed actually .. He's lost a lot of weight compared to when he first entered the NFL so the quickness still there.. It's just like what you said though.. Getting off blocks , I think, is becoming harder for him because of the extra lbs he dropped. And he doesn't lay people out like he used to when he was 25 years old lol.

gotta give him props though..17 seasons and still a beast on the field. He makes that defense go.

Veteran
    And when i say only a handful of better linebackers than Lewis... I'm talking inside backers.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Atl eating up the lions lol i think Johnson will get that record against us but who knows...didn't breese break a record against the falcons

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 12-23-2012 at 03:54.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Atl eating up the lions lol i think Johnson will get that record against us but who knows...didn't breese break a record against the falcons

one score game...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Like most of there games...they always keep teams alive (except for the giants lol)

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Oh yeah GA DOME baby...first round bye. Anyone that thinks this falcons will turnout like the 2010 squad is in denial! I said it from week 1, Dave i hope your watching lol

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Atl just do it in the playoff's patroits went undefeated and lost the super bowl....lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Its football Sunday!! OH YEAH!!

GMEN! need to win and i would appreciate a lost by dallas and Washington today as well =) LMAO

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information