Page 934 of 975 FirstFirst ... 924934944 ... LastLast
Results 23,326 to 23,350 of 24352

Thread: NFL Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Said he is excised from team functions indefinitely. Sounds like a sugar coat way of saying suspended to me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Said he is excised from team functions indefinitely. Sounds like a sugar coat way of saying suspended to me.
    Yup I think the team is thinking about what they're going to do to replace him.

I'm guessing they sign a free agent WR to replace him, then cut him.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    My "cut" senses are tingling...

Veteran
    First live NFL action of the season tonight

Probably won't watch it myself but it's good to know football is here!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    It's crazy that the NFL is already back in the swing of it. Would like to congratulate my man #75, the GREATEST OFFENSIVE TACKLE IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, Jonathan Ogden for going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. What a beast!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    R.I.P Art Donovan.

7. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Veteran
    We've got 7 players in the PSU fantasy league so far.

hoping for at least 10, maybe 12 so anyone else interested let me know!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Oh man this is the time of the year that I wait for. IT'S BACK!

We only have 7 in the fantasy league? Yeah we need at least one more. 8 is a good amount but I'd love the challenge in 12

I missed the hall of fame speeches but I heard that Sapp's speech was the best. Who did you all think had the best speech?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    That running back Tanner from Dallas is a beast! He earned himself a roster spot last night. Pretty solid game to start the season off!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    This is not good for the Dolphins.

I know it was a preseason game, but it was a national game. The whole nation could see what the Dolphins have this season and if the Dolphins made a good impression, then more people would watch Dolphins' games and more tickets would sell.

The Dolphins were horrible last night, on offense and defense.

Odrick and Starks were out with injuries and Vernon did not play, so it's no wonder Dallas was able to run the ball with 3 rotating starters not playing. So that's the reason for the defensive line play. There is nothing to excuse the LBs. There was one throw in which they just sat there and allowed the TEs to run right behind them. Brent Grimes was the only solid secondary player and the defense couldn't tackle.

Offense was horrendous. The offensive line, even with all 5 starters in, had trouble against the Cowboys' second stringers. Ware and Spencer weren't even in there and they still couldn't block worth crap.

WRs and TEs were dropping balls while RBs were fumbling balls. Tannehill was making poor throws.

You know what the problem is? Coaching. Talent is not the problem. The coaches need to make these players accountable. They need to teach them how to tackle, and techniques. Coaching is the Dolphins' problems.

Jeff Ireland can draft and is solid at getting talent, but his downfall will be not able to find a coach for the talent. I hate to say it, but this could be Ireland's last year and it won't be his fault. It won't be his fault at all.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post

I know it was a preseason game, but it was a national game. The whole nation could see what the Dolphins have this season and if the Dolphins made a good impression, then more people would watch Dolphins' games and more tickets would sell.

Odrick and Starks were out with injuries and Vernon did not play, so it's no wonder Dallas was able to run the ball with 3 rotating starters not playing. So that's the reason for the defensive line play. There is nothing to excuse the LBs. There was one throw in which they just sat there and allowed the TEs to run right behind them. Brent Grimes was the only solid secondary player and the defense couldn't tackle.

Offense was horrendous. The offensive line, even with all 5 starters in, had trouble against the Cowboys' second stringers. Ware and Spencer weren't even in there and they still couldn't block worth crap.

WRs and TEs were dropping balls while RBs were fumbling balls. Tannehill was making poor throws.

You know what the problem is? Coaching. Talent is not the problem. The coaches need to make these players accountable. They need to teach them how to tackle, and techniques. Coaching is the Dolphins' problems.

Jeff Ireland can draft and is solid at getting talent, but his downfall will be not able to find a coach for the talent. I hate to say it, but this could be Ireland's last year and it won't be his fault. It won't be his fault at all.
    1st game of the preseason game, i wouldn't get too concerned. These players have to knock the rust off. Some just do it a little better than others. I will say though I was impressed by Jordon's athleticism! I think he will be much better in the LB role than the DE. They could use him to revolved around in positions to make him hard to account for. He was very aggressive last night and he has excellent moves. I don't know of he will match up against starting tackles that well but he has lots of potential after watching him. I take back what I said about him in the draft. He could turn into an exciting player to watch.

13. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    That running back Tanner from Dallas is a beast! He earned himself a roster spot last night. Pretty solid game to start the season off!
    YEah, whole stable of Cowboys backs were good. That Tanney kid is funny with his trick shots vid. Enjoyed that sideline pass to Darrell Green's relative (kid is pretty fast himself).

Yeah I was sort of surprised how well Selvie was having his way with the Dolphins. Either the kid is primed for a beast year, or the Fins needed more O-line depth...

I expected the rustiness in the offense, young QB, even younger RBs, and new core of WRs. BUt still, that O-line needs to buck up and play.
    I am the oncoming storm.

15. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Veteran
    I believe you guys are right.

I know it's preseason, but I want the Dolphins to win at least 1 preseason game.

Veteran
    1st game of the preseason game, i wouldn't get too concerned. These players have to knock the rust off. Some just do it a little better than others. I will say though I was impressed by Jordon's athleticism! I think he will be much better in the LB role than the DE. They could use him to revolved around in positions to make him hard to account for. He was very aggressive last night and he has excellent moves. I don't know of he will match up against starting tackles that well but he has lots of potential after watching him. I take back what I said about him in the draft. He could turn into an exciting player to watch.
    I liked what I saw out of Dion Jordan too. A lot of people were saying he was going to be a bust and I was a bit skeptical but I like what I saw. I could be wrong, but he seems a bit too tall and slow to play LB. Who knows what the defense will do though.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I believe you guys are right.

I know it's preseason, but I want the Dolphins to win at least 1 preseason game.
    It's pre-eseason, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as the RBs can improve and Tannehill can get some sort of rhythym, it'll be alright.

BUT - it all hinges on that oline. QBs that can't shake off tackles like Big Ben and Cam, or that run sub 4.5 forties like RG3 can't do to well without a semi-functioning o-line. And even then...

Case in point:
    Flacco before o-line reshuffle/Cam getting booted = up & down.
    Flacco afterwards = 14TDs 0 INTS, 1SB ring.

I liked what I saw out of Dion Jordan too. A lot of people were saying he was going to be a bust and I was a bit skeptical but I like what I saw. I could be wrong, but he seems a bit too tall and slow to play LB. Who knows what the defense will do though.
    Oh yeah he looked great too.

In one of his sacks, he outright just dipped his shoulder and coasted past the Tackle. Kid is good.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Definitely not a full time LB. He could play in packages with blitz in mind or man coverage on running back. He's definitely built more for DE but has overall bulk of a LB. Kind of how Mario Williams was used in Houston. Is Miami primary 3-4? Didn't pay much attention to it in the game.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Definitely not a full time LB. He could play in packages with blitz in mind or man coverage on running back. He's definitely built more for DE but has overall bulk of a LB. Kind of how Mario Williams was used in Houston. Is Miami primary 3-4? Didn't pay much attention to it in the game.
    With Jordan on the field I can't see him in much coverage. Early on he's just going to be rushing the QB and that's pretty much it. Maybe when he gets some experience he'll do other things but right now this guy is going to be a beast just getting after the QB.

Veteran
    I was pretty sad when the eagles weren't able to snag dion Jordan in the draft, we need a guy like that in our new 3-4 defense and he's a chip Kelly Oregon player. I think his size and playing style most resembles a guy like Aldon smith from San Fran. Now he just has to show it on the field.

Veteran
    We switched to a 4-3, which is more effective versus Tom Brady, ex. New York Giants.

Forum Elder
    Dallas too.

Only 2 ways to beat Brady, pressure, knock him around, and or put his receivers in jail.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

24. Likes Admartian , The Black Wolf likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    We switched to a 4-3, which is more effective versus Tom Brady, ex. New York Giants.
    Ok well they will be using him more at DE, than anything. But like I said they will move him around so the offense might lose track of him. Then they can catch him by surprise.

The Saints just moved to a 3-4 from 4-3. I'm very interested to see how it's going to work out. I'm also interested to see if Rob Ryan can pull our defense out of the drain.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Dallas too.

Only 2 ways to beat Brady, pressure, knock him around, and or put his receivers in jail.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep.

Watch both 2011 and 2012 AFCC games.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    What is going on with all the ACL tears this year?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/t...griffin-080713

Could just be one of those years I guess.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    Yup just some really bad luck.

Eagles have had 3 torn acls already
    Last edited by RyanGT; 08-08-2013 at 14:51.

Thread Information