Latest PSU headlines:

Page 948 of 971 FirstFirst ... 938948958 ... LastLast
Results 23,676 to 23,700 of 24265

Thread: NFL Thread

  1. #23676
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,815
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    23,289 (615,000 Banked)
    Thanks for Vern, ad!

  2. #23677
    Dedicated Member
    Sleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    14,585 (0 Banked)

  3. Likes RyanGT likes this post
  4. #23678
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,815
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    23,289 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post

    Lmao I was cracking up when I saw that.. the Saints thought they had it in the bag too...

  5. #23679
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can't believe they screwed it up with TWO POSSESSIONS!!!! ugh. I was pissed lol.




  6. #23680
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,574
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,730 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I can't believe they screwed it up with TWO POSSESSIONS!!!! ugh. I was pissed lol.
    Exactly. Piss poor clock management. Very frustrating!




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  7. #23681
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Who's more likely to go undefeated, Chiefs or the Broncos?

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  8. #23682
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,231
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,824 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Broncos

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  9. #23683
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,869
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,421 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Broncos.


    The Chiefs look like they can get outgunned and probably will be. The Broncos, at this point, don't.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  10. #23684
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,574
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,730 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Broncos. Chiefs are undefeated mostly because defense.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  11. #23685
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    25,481 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    People! People! Don't be fooled by the Denver Broncos! Flacco showed the blueprint to beat them week one (Before people got hurt and O-line forgetting how to block) then Tony Romo (of all people) showed you their defense is hot garbage! Do not fall for the trap and believe in them. They are frauds. As I told you the 49ers were as well! The AFC is weak this year I know, but the Broncos will still find a way not to make it to the Superbowl. I assure you this.


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  12. #23686
    Apprentice
    Epyon_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On The Rooftops with Faith
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    2,729 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    People! People! Don't be fooled by the Denver Broncos! Flacco showed the blueprint to beat them week one (Before people got hurt and O-line forgetting how to block) then Tony Romo (of all people) showed you their defense is hot garbage! Do not fall for the trap and believe in them. They are frauds. As I told you the 49ers were as well! The AFC is weak this year I know, but the Broncos will still find a way not to make it to the Superbowl. I assure you this.
    Oh this I already know. I'm just waiting for the playoffs, which is where they will fall. I'm not a prisoner of the moment.

    Chiefs are winning more because of their defense. Broncos are winning more because of their offense. Defense can basically loosen up when the offense puts up so much points, check the 15-1 Packers.

  13. #23687
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I am really disappointed in the Dolphins right now. Please fire Mike Sherman. He refuses to run the ball when the team's running backs are averaging 5 yards or better per carry. The Dolphins just traded for former Raven Mckinnie but I really wished Ireland had considered Cleveland's Joe Thomas.

    Last but not least, draft a LT in the draft and play Dion Jordan more.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  14. #23688
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Double post.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  15. #23689
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,869
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,421 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ravens suck right now - Defense down in key situations and coaching is pretty poorr. Really, if Flacco had Pitta and/or another person outside of Torrey, and if that line learns to block (like the last 2 games, slowly but sureley); they would look at least respectable right now.

    The record is a pretty fair reflection. It's pretty much Flacco, Torrey, and Sizzle show. But 3 men can't carry a squad of 50+!

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  16. #23690
    El Presidente
    podsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a box
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,921
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    19,443 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I am really disappointed in the Dolphins right now. Please fire Mike Sherman. He refuses to run the ball when the team's running backs are averaging 5 yards or better per carry. The Dolphins just traded for former Raven Mckinnie but I really wished Ireland had considered Cleveland's Joe Thomas.

    Last but not least, draft a LT in the draft and play Dion Jordan more.
    I don't feel bad for Miami. They lost fair and square

    Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

  17. #23691
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    25,481 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Ravens suck right now - Defense down in key situations and coaching is pretty poorr. Really, if Flacco had Pitta and/or another person outside of Torrey, and if that line learns to block (like the last 2 games, slowly but sureley); they would look at least respectable right now.

    The record is a pretty fair reflection. It's pretty much Flacco, Torrey, and Sizzle show. But 3 men can't carry a squad of 50+!
    Told you the coaching staff was carried by superior team talent last three years.

    It is what it is though! Wake me up Week 18.


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  18. #23692
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,869
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,421 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Told you the coaching staff was carried by superior team talent last three years.

    It is what it is though! Wake me up Week 18.
    I think we drop both games against Cincy and Pit this year. I dunno how, but it's a very real possibility - especially if we don't buck up our ideas and gameplan properly. Which would mean the best we can hope for is a WC and wishing for other teams to lose - which I hate having to do.

    We NEED to beat Cincy at least once (at home) and Pit back at home. But this CLE game is bigger than it is looking.

    I had assigned a L against CHI away, but without Cutler we have a better chance. I'm not tempted to give this as a'given' considering our D likes to play well apart from the crucial moments in which they screw up/give up big plays. Plus the Bears' D isn't the best, but they can still take the ball away from you.

    We have a shot at the Vikings, hoping for Ponder (EDIT: Meant Freeman - Vikes QBs so bad I've confused which scrub I hope for us to play! ) to play. In saying that, AP against our porous Run D??? Their pass rush against Oher/Gino?

    The Lions, I dunno, I can see them either destroying us with their attack, and us struggling to keep up (lack of blocking/giving Joe enough time) - or us throwing Stafford about (hoping for Sizzle and Elvis to be on that day).

    I feel a similar way against the Jets, we'll either show up Geno, or we do what our D has done all season - make chumps look like champs at the least opportune moment (for us). On that note, don't be surprised a struggling Willis McGahee to run for 110+ yards, whether we win or lose when we come out of the bye week.

    The Pats game is a coin flip. And that last Bengals game is as good as a loss.

    So I'm still holding my breath with regards to us making the Dance.
    Last edited by Admartian; 10-22-2013 at 04:26.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  19. #23693
    Apprentice
    Epyon_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On The Rooftops with Faith
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    2,729 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I am really disappointed in the Dolphins right now. Please fire Mike Sherman. He refuses to run the ball when the team's running backs are averaging 5 yards or better per carry. The Dolphins just traded for former Raven Mckinnie but I really wished Ireland had considered Cleveland's Joe Thomas.

    Last but not least, draft a LT in the draft and play Dion Jordan more.
    You guys shouldn't have let go of Reggie Bush in my opinion. Miller can be good but he's isn't living up to his potential

  20. #23694
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon_1 View Post
    You guys shouldn't have let go of Reggie Bush in my opinion. Miller can be good but he's isn't living up to his potential
    I agree, Bush is tearing it up with the Lions. I hate it when your team lets go of a player and the player has a great year.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  21. #23695
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,869
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,421 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I agree, Bush is tearing it up with the Lions. I hate it when your team lets go of a player and the player has a great year.
    Anquan Boldin (the first game).

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  22. #23696
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    26
    Points
    84,666 (0 Banked)
    Go Bucs!

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  23. #23697
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,824 (0 Banked)
    Hello, first let me start by saying I am a Lions fan and no I am not asking for sympathy. I never need to hear insults about my team choice, I think being a Lions fan is punishment enough most of the time. And now...

    Today, I found out that my team will be playing the Falcons next year in London. I'm still not a fan of the NFL in what I can only view as reaching by playing games in London. Since a lot of people here from what I've gathered in my short time here are from European countries, I thought I'd ask a question. So my question, since I don't trust the NFL with many of their practices, I can't trust their word. Do you that live over there really care about the NFL, do you want a team over there? They state it sells out over there, but is it just because it is an event to you that is in a sense rare and that's why you go or would you want the NFL expanding over there?

    Sorry if this has been discussed, but at over 900 pages, it's daunting to go back through it all.

  24. #23698
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,869
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,421 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    Hello, first let me start by saying I am a Lions fan and no I am not asking for sympathy. I never need to hear insults about my team choice, I think being a Lions fan is punishment enough most of the time. And now...

    Today, I found out that my team will be playing the Falcons next year in London. I'm still not a fan of the NFL in what I can only view as reaching by playing games in London. Since a lot of people here from what I've gathered in my short time here are from European countries, I thought I'd ask a question. So my question, since I don't trust the NFL with many of their practices, I can't trust their word. Do you that live over there really care about the NFL, do you want a team over there? They state it sells out over there, but is it just because it is an event to you that is in a sense rare and that's why you go or would you want the NFL expanding over there?

    Sorry if this has been discussed, but at over 900 pages, it's daunting to go back through it all.
    Good question. As I don't live in Europe nor am European, I can't speak for them.

    But as someone that wasn't born or raised in the States, nor have any ties to any cities (save for a few cousins from Cali, and family friends elsewhere) I can say that I'm a pretty die hard fan. As "hardcore" as you can get (e.g. I take work days off when I can, for important games such as the playoffs and SB last year).

    I'm willing to match my fandom (of the Baltimore Ravens) against anyone in the fan-base, and probably only bested by those who were born and bred Baltimoreans/Marylanders that have been raised as such.

    If there are more of them my ilk in Europe (or London in this case) I don't think there is any cause for worry at all. It would be indeed a blessing, and definitely a wise investment from the NFL.

    Now my only concern is for the fans themselves - for if they, like me, are die-hard fans of a respective franchise (e.g. Dolphins, Lions, Falcons, Bucs etc) - who do they then root for?

    Granted, I'm sure there are die-hard football fans in general there - just looking for the chance to root for a local team.


    In short, I don't think it'll be a waste whatsoever. After all, the NFL is very careful with these sorts of things. And I'm sure they've looked at the numbers and/or had surveys about.

    Not to say they don't make mistakes though.

    My .02 cents on the matter.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  25. #23699
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,824 (0 Banked)
    Yeah, I don't doubt there are fans elsewhere, but I guess I'm wondering is there enough. The most obvious example what we call soccer, is a world sport and even if there are diehards here, it isn't enough to make the game truly relevant here in the States. In this example for my Lions vs the Falcons, the Lions are considered the road team, even though it's in London and it is a road game in essence for both teams. In this case the Falcons are the home team and I'd be pissed if I was a Falcon fan. We get 8 home games a year and now the NFL is saying sorry Falcons fans, you only get 7 home games next year, thanks for your years of support!.

  26. #23700
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,869
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,421 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    Yeah, I don't doubt there are fans elsewhere, but I guess I'm wondering is there enough. The most obvious example what we call soccer, is a world sport and even if there are diehards here, it isn't enough to make the game truly relevant here in the States. In this example for my Lions vs the Falcons, the Lions are considered the road team, even though it's in London and it is a road game in essence for both teams. In this case the Falcons are the home team and I'd be pissed if I was a Falcon fan. We get 8 home games a year and now the NFL is saying sorry Falcons fans, you only get 7 home games next year, thanks for your years of support!.
    I understand that concern (regarding number of fans). But the tickets consistently sellout and they sell out fast. Not to mention, IU hear there are several (1 or 200,000) thousand people in the expos and events during this time. I would say the demand is definitely there.

    However, I do share the concern that it takes away from a potential home game for both teams involved. I guess the only way the NFL can remedy this is to fly the season-ticket holders and regulars, and fly them to London.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PS3 power cable color
    By 28 in forum PlayStation 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 10:28
  2. Shutokuo Battle Impressions
    By Dorfdad in forum Xbox
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 10:39
  3. Xbox only using DVD9 discs ?
    By Godfather in forum Xbox
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 00:09
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 10:46

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.