Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 1679 FirstFirst ... 1121 ... LastLast

Nothing. in class. But I would probably be listening to something like

Avenged Sevenfold, Thrice, Trivium, Silverstein, Aiden ^^

Apprentice
    MINMI - Shiki No Uta
    Ikue Asazaki - Obokuri-Eeumi
    Mai Yamane with SEATBELTS - The Real Folk Blues

By the way, I write Cursive, that song's called "Close To You" if I'm not mistaken.
    - Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

- Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Master Poster
    Now playing Warriors of the World by Manowar, titletrack of their latest studio album. Simple as it may be, this is the kind of song that makes you feel proud of being a Heavy Metal fan. The kind of sond that makes you stand up, throw your fists in the air and take on the world shouting. Such power in this song, such power in Eric Adam's voice, brilliant.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Warrior
    Now playing Warriors of the World by Manowar, titletrack of their latest studio album. Simple as it may be, this is the kind of song that makes you feel proud of being a Heavy Metal fan. The kind of sond that makes you stand up, throw your fists in the air and take on the world shouting. Such power in this song, such power in Eric Adam's voice, brilliant.
    Oh sick! another metal fan! welcome dude, Manowar is one of my fav bands aswell, and Warriors Of The World is an awesome album, I love Call To Arms, An American Trilogy, Fight For Freedom and my very fav songs of theirs would have to be Warriors Of The World and Fight Until We Die, right up there in the top Metal bands on my list I love drumming to some of their songs, im guess you know my fav band from just looking at me though who are probably the most famous and well known Metal band

And you know what, you sparked it in my mind and now im listening to a collection of Manowar and Metallica songs

If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y <- Harden the **** up!

Superior Member

DO YOU WANT TO?

by franz ferdinand. =)

Elite Guru
    Frankie J-More than words

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The Dreaming - Whole

I'll be surprised (and happy) if anyone knows who this is.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Superior Member

Anything Anything - DRAMARAMA

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypherssj209
    Oh sick! another metal fan! welcome dude, Manowar is one of my fav bands aswell, and Warriors Of The World is an awesome album, I love Call To Arms, An American Trilogy, Fight For Freedom and my very fav songs of theirs would have to be Warriors Of The World and Fight Until We Die, right up there in the top Metal bands on my list I love drumming to some of their songs, im guess you know my fav band from just looking at me though who are probably the most famous and well known Metal band

And you know what, you sparked it in my mind and now im listening to a collection of Manowar and Metallica songs
    Not meant offensive, I like Metallica, but I wouldn't rate them anywhere near Manowar, Maiden, Priest, Accept, and such.

Warriors of the World is okay, has some very nice songs, Fight For Freedom being a good example, but by far not their best. I'd say Battle Hymn, as it is my best all time Heavy Metal song. Hail and Kill comes close.

Still in a Manowar mood, it's Guyana (Cult of the Damned), which is a bit different from conventional Heavy Metal. Opened by a soft and melodic bass guitar, followed by a pumping guitar riff, and then into a magnificent guitar solo. It requires many hearings to be fully appreciated, but it's definately worth it.

Apprentice
    Concord Dawn & Phammin - Numb Chukkas

Any Drum&Bass fans around here? C'mon, I know the brits should love it

Avenged Sevenfold: "I Won't See You Tonight Part 1"

Dedicated Member
    Metal Warrior, I do respect your opinion, its just you gotta realise that Metallica would have had to probably be the most influencial and most inspiring heavy metal band of all time, even more so then iron maiden, I mean, you say heavy metal and people think metallica. Also they have the best selection of guys in the band, alot of bands just have one or two people that fans like, where is Metallica has everyone in their group that everyone likes as equal.

So you have to give them credit for that, I respect your opinion, but just think about how many Metallica fans there are out there compared to Manowar or Iron Maiden, I mean Metallica sold out their Live $#@! Binge and Purge concert out in 2 and a half hours, consider this because over 100,000 people went to it.

So, in the whole worlds eye, Metallica are THE heavy metal band of all metal bands, they are the benchmark or to say, how every other metal band is judged upon, and will never be overtaken from that. Also, the good thins is they can slant without being stuck, which is why they are still going strong with fans and music, they dont get stuck in a certain thing which is what makes them the greatest.

Thats what made bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd become legends of music.

If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypherssj209
    Metal Warrior, I do respect your opinion, its just you gotta realise that Metallica would have had to probably be the most influencial and most inspiring heavy metal band of all time, even more so then iron maiden, I mean, you say heavy metal and people think metallica. Also they have the best selection of guys in the band, alot of bands just have one or two people that fans like, where is Metallica has everyone in their group that everyone likes as equal.

So you have to give them credit for that, I respect your opinion, but just think about how many Metallica fans there are out there compared to Manowar or Iron Maiden, I mean Metallica sold out their Live *expletive deleted* Binge and Purge concert out in 2 and a half hours, consider this because over 100,000 people went to it.

So, in the whole worlds eye, Metallica are THE heavy metal band of all metal bands, they are the benchmark or to say, how every other metal band is judged upon, and will never be overtaken from that. Also, the good thins is they can slant without being stuck, which is why they are still going strong with fans and music, they dont get stuck in a certain thing which is what makes them the greatest.

Thats what made bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd become legends of music.
    I have to dissapoint you, Metallica isn't the greatest Heavy Metal band. What's more, they aren't even Heavy Metal, they're closer to Thrash. One could argue they're the greatest Thrash Metal band, but here in Europe they're easily overshadowed by bands like Kreator and Sodom.

And if you're talking about influencing other Heavy Metal bands, Iron Maiden is the definite winner. Even the whole Swedish Göteborg Death Metal scene is heavily inspired by Iron Maiden. Metallica sure has a lot of fans over the world, but Iron Maiden has even more. Don't forget they filled a huge plain with a quarter million people at Rock in Rio. You should see Iron Maiden concerts in Europe. Unbelievable. If one would throw eggs at them (as happened at Ozzfest in the US), I don't think he would make it out of the crowd alive. They amount of respect they get from the European Heavy Metal scene, it's like they're gods. Same goes for Manowar. They don't have an equally large fanbase as Maiden, but their fans are without a doubt the most loyal ones you'll ever meet. Their fanatism is so deep it's almost dangerous. You could say they'd kill for Manowar.

I've never met anyone that would do the same for Metallica, and I go to a lot of Metal festivals. Furthermore, some of the largest Metal festivals in Europe were never headlined by Metallica, but they were by Iron Maiden, Manowar, Judas Priest, even Slayer.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you with this post, I'm just saying this is the way it is in Europe. And after all, in Europe, inerest in Heavy Metal is greater than anywhere else. Each country has at least one huge Metal festival, and not many bands with a new sound come there (I'm reffering to Slipknot and such). Mostly it's good old Heavy Metal, mixed with a good deal of extreme (black, death) metal.

Alkemist
    Aesop Rock - Number 9

Next

Handsomeboy Modeling School - The Class System

Dedicated Member
    Well then I know Metallica are more Thrash, but they still gotta be respected ya know, I mean I know kids as young as 3 who know the name Metallica, and dont know crap about Manowar or Iron Maiden. I hate death metal and black metal and all that muffled lyrics and fast offbeat drumming that the style has (which isnt Manowar mind you because all their music has good melodies and awesome drumming, which is why they are heavy metal and not death metal or anything like that)

I wouldnt classify Manowar in that area cause they are the best at their feild, I even like them better than Maiden. Sure if one where to throw eggs or somthing at the band, they would be killed probably...but thats not music.... music is about making good music together and playing it for people to enjoy, not violence and destruction.

They may have a big fan base in Europe, but think 30-40 years down the track, will all those quick hit metal bands that have been and gone be remembered? or will a band that changed music for the better like Metallica still be worshiped as pioneers of the mid 80's rock era, taking it from the glitz and glam of tight suits and big hair I mean they can make a really heavy song and make it mean somthing, then the next song can be a soft and touching song like Nothing Else Matters.

I dont wanna go anymore lol, we obviously could go on and on like this forever, but I get enough of that from my own friends all the time, so lets just enjoy the awesome music of both Manowar and Metallica and agree that they are both legends in the music world.

Right now im listening to my old school collection, one that bands like Metallica or Maiden havent truly reached that level yet, right now the song playing is Pink Floyd's - Wish You Were Here, next is Led Zepplins - Stairway To Heaven also Van Halen is within the mix too.

Master Poster
    Sure we could go on and on forever, and there's nothing wrong with that, as we keep it a decent discussion, but you're right, we shouldn't. This isn't the thread for it. Just wanted to point out our way of things.

And listening to nothing, as I have to leave for a 2hours class of Chemistry in a few minutes.

Apprentice
    Sunchase - Dress (Typecell rmx)

Dedicated Member
    Right now im listening to the song Sultans Of Swing by Dire Straights, awesome song.

Next is Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metal Warrior, I just finished my schooling for the year, I have more advanced mathematics to look foward to next year though

Elite Member
    Shake That - Eminem (feat Nate)
    When I'm Gone - Eminem
    P's & Q's - Kano
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Right now im listening to an album by Joe Satriani, probably one of the most influential guitarists ever, he taught some of the best how to play guitar, such as Steve Vai, Kirk Hammett from Metallica, and has worked and helped Eddie Van Halen, though Eddie also showed Joe a thing or 2

now) All That Could Have Been, Nine Inch Nails
    before) Sand, Einsturzende Neubauten (anyone else here've heard of them?)

Dedicated Member
    What If - Creed, im listening to their albums, pity they split up though, they were pretty good, though now the guitarist, drummer and old bass player are all in another band now, look up Alter Bridge, they are pretty good.

Superior Member

Bandages - Hot Hot Heat

Dedicated Member
    Stand Here With Me - Creed

Alkemist
    Common - The Corner
    next
    Common - Love is

Thread Information