Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    bobjenkins

When is the update!!

Does anyone else find it imensely ANNOYING that sony doesnt give us any heads up about when the next update is going to come out!!

And finally when it does come out ask yourself what does it really add that makes your ps3 so much better?!? It still plays the same games and has the same controller granted they are adding minor changes but come on!

I am beginning to regret buying a ps3 I want new games to come out that are fun for more than 6 hours!! And too boot the games are 60 bucks each!

almost 4 months after release all I get is flow and its not entertaining for more than 10 minutes with the sixaxis controller. Now comes motorstorm with only 10 tracks and such repetitive gameplay that its not worth 60 bucks, and no offline multiplayer.

Gahhh! I should have spent the 900 bucks on a les paul

Power Member
    No one to blame but yourself for buying a system you did not check out first. So slap yourself.

As for the updates coming, they come when they come. Its not like you need them to operate your system. Get over it. And if your this disappointed over it, then pack up your PS3 and sell it.

bobjenkins
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    No one to blame but yourself for buying a system you did not check out first. So slap yourself.

As for the updates coming, they come when they come. Its not like you need them to operate your system. Get over it. And if your this disappointed over it, then pack up your PS3 and sell it.
    great advice too bad I lost the box! haha

I was seriously considering selling it on ebay but I would feel too bad about loosing all the money

Im probably just so bummed out about it because the best TV I have right now is a 24 inch SD tv thats over 10 years old HAHA

It will (hopefully) be awesome if I get a HDTV

mastershake86
    I feel sorry for you! Be sure to leave Phil you're number so he can properly inform you when an update is near. And ya know I can't believe sony is charging the same as MS for they're games go figure, but why does it even matter if you won't pay $60 for a game does it matter if any come out?

bobjenkins
    I would pay 60 bucks for a game that has lasting fun.. like say battlefield 2 or that game spore thats on pc ..all the games for ps3 are just lame right now

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
    Does anyone else find it imensely ANNOYING that sony doesnt give us any heads up about when the next update is going to come out!!

And finally when it does come out ask yourself what does it really add that makes your ps3 so much better?!? It still plays the same games and has the same controller granted they are adding minor changes but come on!

I am beginning to regret buying a ps3 I want new games to come out that are fun for more than 6 hours!! And too boot the games are 60 bucks each!

almost 4 months after release all I get is flow and its not entertaining for more than 10 minutes with the sixaxis controller. Now comes motorstorm with only 10 tracks and such repetitive gameplay that its not worth 60 bucks, and no offline multiplayer.

Gahhh! I should have spent the 900 bucks on a les paul
    Just give it some time. They describe what is in the update usually within 24 hrs on the US playstation.com...and as far as the rest of your post...I agree with the the game.... its called making an informed decision. you should be old enough to know that by now!!! All the information GOOD AND BAD is out their if you just take 2 minuets to do a search it saves us all the trouble of hearing you B!@CH about your stupidity.

Cute little Mario icon you have there......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The size of a man is measured by the size of the things that make him angry. -Author Unknown
    PSN ID: McTowelie

auron2002
    Is the update also for Japanese PS3s? Because I have a Japan PS3 and I want know.

bobjenkins
    Quote Originally Posted by jackf View Post
    Just give it some time. They describe what is in the update usually within 24 hrs on the US playstation.com...and as far as the rest of your post...I agree with the the game.... its called making an informed decision. you should be old enough to know that by now!!! All the information GOOD AND BAD is out their if you just take 2 minuets to do a search it saves us all the trouble of hearing you B!@CH about your stupidity.

Cute little Mario icon you have there......

well thats what forums are for silly!

Ishimaru Kaito
    its kinda annoying that updates aren't publicized becuase i want to update my system ASAP

auron2002
    Didnt Phil Harrison say that there will be a big announcment for PS3 owners revealed this week? Was that announcment PS3 Home?

auron2002
    And what time is it now in the USA? is it morning?

Dedicated Member
    Sony should probably adopt a system similar to Blizzard with WoW patches - have a public development log for future updates.

Even if they didn't give exact update dates, knowing what we can expect Sony to provide us is pretty essential for to keep customers happy.
    "Tout est bien sortant des mains de l'Auteur des choses, tout dégénère entre les mains de l'homme." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    "Man is the measure of all things." - Protagoras

Yes it is morning.. it is 8:00 AM EST (but still only 5:00 AM PST)

No update here yet.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    "When's the next update? When? When? When?", I hate people asking this all the bloody time, it's like asking a homeless person if they know when they'll become rich.

bobjenkins
    Yeah no update if its today Its gotta be later.. they prolly gunna release it at 11:59 to keep us waiting

Superior Member
    I think our big surpirse was home, which i am more then happy with. But i bet we'll get some kind of update on the 23rd

bobjenkins
    What is home I been hearing about it but I have no idea what it is>?

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    "When's the next update? When? When? When?", I hate people asking this all the bloody time, it's like asking a homeless person if they know when they'll become rich.
    Worst. Analogy. Ever.

It's nothing like that, a homeless person wouldn't answer because he doesn't know whereas Sony *do* know when they are sending out an update and what's contained. I see no reason for them not to have an announcment page on their website. Stop giving the OP a hard time, he has a perfectly valid point.

look at the history of updates...

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=48196

most of those are NOT thursdays.
    Your signature is too large, please use a signature within the forum rules (480x100). Thank you. - The_One

Superior Member

All the updates are late late wendsday or thursday morning so you are WRONG

Apprentice

What is home I been hearing about it but I have no idea what it is>?
    Go to IGN's PS3 section and download the Home demonstration video as you read the article. After reading that article and watching the video, I am certain that PS3 has just won this console war already. I'm more excited about Home right now than any future PS3 games.

Oh yeah, and Motorstorm has 8 tracks, not 10. I will admit that's a little low, but the tracks are much more open-ended than most racing games. The grizzly track is immense!! There's a lot of different routes to take. Playing online is a blast and a lot of fun as well.

You could also try Resistance which has at least a 10-12 hour single player experience, plus a pretty good online playing system. It will get you more than your proclaimed 6 hours for sure.

Another good one is Virtua Fighter 5. If you get serious about that game you could waste dozens if not hundreds of hours on it.

bobjenkins
    well I watched the video for HOME and it seems pretty cool Im really excited about how u can play videos from your harddrive on TV's in your house and play mp3' from radio

and I think im going to buy motorstorm

does the online play work as of RIGHT now??

you guys and your rumors.
    Your signature is too large, please use a signature within the forum rules (480x100). Thank you. - The_One

bobjenkins
    I am excited to try out the new remote play when the update comes out thats mainly what im waiting for because im borrowing my friends psp for a month now deciding if I want to get it. I will buy it if the remote play is any good

Superior Member
    I am excited to try out the new remote play when the update comes out thats mainly what im waiting for because im borrowing my friends psp for a month now deciding if I want to get it. I will buy it if the remote play is any good
    I hope you USA/JAP Ps3-owners get the update a week before the EU-lauch cus i'm not spending to much time downlouding it! I think if whe all where to downloud the update it would surly take to long! I wana play when i setup my ps3 on the 23 March! Does anyone think the NEW update will be on the EU-gamedisks? or is it t late to do so....
    _-~[ Death has a thousand faces, Evil has only one ]~-_

Thread Information