Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4

Apprentice
    RE4 is fun game to play and wont get boring for a long time but Shadow is fun too but will get boring more faster
    Your signature filesize exceeds the forum limits, please use another pic. - The_One

Dedicated Member
    The situation isn't really which will get boring fast, its more like which one will last longer. Resident Evil 4 has at least 30 hours worth of gameplay with extras, and its definately a game you would play through more then once. Shadow of the Colossus probably has about 15-20 hours of gameplay with extras including a time attack mode and hard mode. It has limited replayability once you beat the normal and hard mode as well as the timed mode, but I will definately be playing it again when its enhanced on the PS3 :P Both are great games, both fall under the Adventure genre, and both are only $40 . If you are faint of heart or under the apropriate age for RE4 (due to some gory stuff) go with Shadow of the Colossus. Get RE4 if you want a game that has a lot of replayability and if you want to be on the edge of your seat at some times . If you have the cash, get both

Forum Sage
    Europe release date: November 4th
    Australian release date: November 11th

I have to wait longer than everyone else
    Capcom have worked extraordinarily quickly on Resident Evil 4 - even the release dates, which usually are months apart (for the game to appear in all regions) are really short. It's more of a worldwide release date! The mind boggles how they managed to port the Gamecube version onto the technically inferior PS2 in such a short space of time.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Apprentice

I've gotten my PS2 RE4, and Ial I can say WOW. the Cuce is a little better in the graphics department. I wonder though, if it was not ported so quick, it could have surpassed the cube. I have MGS3, and I can say the graphics are better than RE4. And the foliage, PS2 RE4 version made sacrifices, WHY, when MGS3, is filled with leaves and stuff. But I am equally as impressed, and my fear pf playing through the Cube build, is refreshed. Great job capcom.

Forum Elder
    Well, i just finished Shadow of the Colossus, only 10 hours, and i found it extremely fun, now am playing RE4 and is good and all, but for thereīs something wrong about, itīs like is not the same as always, RE4 looks like a FPS but with 3rd person view. Iīm not saying that RE4 is a bad game, but is very different that the other RE.

PS: Do yourselves a favor, play shadow of the colossus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Studios come and go, but good games last forever"

Master Poster
    RE4 is coming out tommorow on the PS2 for the UK, i'll be rushing down the shops to buy it. Can't wait to cap some villager/zombie heads. It will be epic.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of A Riot
    RE4 is coming out tommorow on the PS2 for the UK, i'll be rushing down the shops to buy it. Can't wait to cap some villager/zombie heads. It will be epic.
    Holy crap i forgot about this game.

First GTA:LC now RE4 what next, oh crap again i think Pro Evo 5 for the PSP is coming out also.

what do i do?
    what do i do?
    what do i do?
    what do i do?
    what do i do?

Why me.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Master Poster
    Its got to be Resi 4 Steroyd!! Don't think of getting Pro Evo 5 for the PSP, its not half as good as it is on the PS2.

Dedicated Member
    Where the hell are you guys getting all this money? all I see is "im picking up this game, this game, or this game" where is I am having a hard enough time putting away money to save for a PS3 I have little (or should I say big) things called bills and help paying rent and internet, food ect, do you guys eat at all? and sneaking into internet cafe's or somthing?

If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y <- Harden the **** up!

Apprentice
    Well it depends what kind of job you have
    also you here played the GC version and PS2 version already?
    could you tell me if there is any difference graphic wise, if any things is taken out, and all the extra guns they added
    Your signature filesize exceeds the forum limits, please use another pic. - The_One

Elite Sage
    oh joy today i got GTA:LC, Resi Evil 4 AND Sims 2 ^_^

Where the hell are you guys getting all this money? all I see is "im picking up this game, this game, or this game" where is I am having a hard enough time putting away money to save for a PS3 Confused I have little (or should I say big) things called bills and help paying rent and internet, food ect, do you guys eat at all? and sneaking into internet cafe's or somthing?
    i have this thing called planning ahead, since the beginning of Summer i knew all these games were coming soon so i just saved that bit of money for it months in advance.

If you just go with what money you currently have in your wallet you'll spend it on anything, that randomly comes by.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Aza
    i have this thing called planning ahead, since the beginning of Summer i knew all these games were coming soon so i just saved that bit of money for it months in advance.
    I do the exact same thing, I plan ahead and choose to buy only the games that I really want, November is a big month for me since not only am I getting Resi 4(tomorrow) but alos Jak X, Ratched Deadlocked, Soul Calibur 3 and NFS: Most Wanted(PC).

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Aza
    I do the exact same thing, I plan ahead and choose to buy only the games that I really want, November is a big month for me since not only am I getting Resi 4(tomorrow) but alos Jak X, Ratched Deadlocked, Soul Calibur 3 and NFS: Most Wanted(PC).
    yeah it's like Game A has been announced, so i put money away for it (even through delays etc), that way i can buy food, magazines and stuff, wiothout breaking into that bit of money reserved for the game.

example i know Tomb Raider, Black, and FFXII, and Shadow of Colossus, are coming next year so i'm going to reserve my money for them games now.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Aza
    I just got Resi 4, words alone cannot describe how cool this game is.
    I just beat the big thing in the lake, you have to chuck spears ar it will trying not to get knocked into the water, if you do fall in you have to swim like hell so he doesn't eat ya, brilliant stuff.
    I've been playing for hours and it only like level 2 or something.

Elite Guru
    Resident Evil 4 is a great game. I just beat the game, now I going to play separate way.

Superior Member

yep its a great game i just got i too, the only thing i dislike is the cheesy dialog, hire a writer goddammit, plus i hate that you have too press a button to run, but still a great game.

Apprentice

I wanted to do an in-depth comparison between the two veriosn. but firstly I will say a little something here. the PS2 version is a little darker and manages to be much harder on the first two guy multiple enemy battles. the intial village and the house scene. I played the cube version 13 times, and I can tell you the graphical quality diminishes after the village, and the area by the lake scene.

In comparison, the PS2 version is not as detail, specially where the leaves are concerned in the first areas, but once you get inside the first castle. that is where they outshine the cube version. I think the minimal stoage space is what made this so in the cube. Trust, me I played many times, I can tell the difference, cause I play my systems on the same tv, the same av cables. PS2's framerate is defineitly smoother. I might go as far to say , if they built this this with Kojima's help, it woudl far outshine the cube verison. PLUS, the resolution from the castle and onward is much better on PS2, on the cube the rug designs, etc are blurry.

Aza
    I have noticed that alot of textures in Resi 4 do look really low res, its a shame that such a brilliant game is limited by a systems power, I really like alot of the fire/explosion effects though and the in game cinematics(their is no CGI) are some how better looking than the gameplay's visuals, they use some kind of blur effect or something. As for where I'm at in the game now, I just got to the castle and thats where I stopped for today, gonna continue tomorrow, this game is so sweet I wanna make it last.

Forum Sage
    I've still yet to play Resident Evil 4 so I was wondering if some of your guys could help clarify a few concerns for me. The first is loading - does Resident Evil 4 have the dreaded 'opening door' loading screen each time you enter a new room/area, or is it all seemless? Secondly, does the PS2 version suffer from slowdown? Finally, are zombie shotgun decapitations still included in RE4 because they were taken out of Code Veronica's PAL conversion, which majorly sucked.

Oh - and how many hours of gameplay would one expect to get from RE4 from the first completion?

Dedicated Member
    If you just go with what money you currently have in your wallet you'll spend it on anything, that randomly comes by
    Im asuming that you dont have any bills that are over
    $300-$400 a month somtimes more. Beleive me, you put that money away, then you must draw money from it to get somthing that you need, such as parts for your car, food, if your short on bills. I only have about 10 PS2 games all up, I mostly rent my games, but I guess I will save some extra to get a ps3 and some games, im not buying any PS2 games, cant afford it right now.

If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y <- Harden the **** up!

Master Poster
    Finally, are zombie shotgun decapitations still included in RE4 because they were taken out of Code Veronica's PAL conversion, which majorly sucked.
    Oh yes zombie decapitations are back in the game. You can basically target almost any part of a zombie/villager and they will react in someway or other. Cap one in the knee and they will bail over, shoot them in the hand and they'll drop their weapon. You can literally kick an enemys head clean off in the game as theres an aray of unarmed combat moves. Also you yourself can get decapitated or your face burn of by acid. Pretty nasty but fun all the same. Lets just say Code Veronica isn't a patch on Resident Evil 4. I too own Code Veronica, I still love the game but it pales in comparison. There are no dull levels and its non stop action. I'd have to say the villagers relentless, it doesn't feel like they give you any quarter. It certain kept me gripped.

I think with the PS2 version you get a bonus weapon which you couldn't get on the Cube, and also theres a few bonus missions. I think the PS2 version is almost the same as the Gamecubes version, its hard to tell the different. (I compared both when I played the cube version round my friends house. ) Perhaps the lightening effects aren't so striking or the textures are slightly flatter in the PS2 version, but it hardly matters. The whole experience swallows you up and you don't notice these details.

Apprentice

Svetlana
    Apprentice

User Profile

Posts per day: 10.5

Skill Points: 436
    Items:
    Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:39 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've still yet to play Resident Evil 4 so I was wondering if some of your guys could help clarify a few concerns for me. The first is loading - does Resident Evil 4 have the dreaded 'opening door' loading screen each time you enter a new room/area, or is it all seemless? Secondly, does the PS2 version suffer from slowdown? Finally, are zombie shotgun decapitations still included in RE4 because they were taken out of Code Veronica's PAL conversion, which majorly sucked.

Oh - and how many hours of gameplay would one expect to get from RE4 from the first completion?

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana

i havn't completed it so i can't tell you how many hours there are, but i can tell you there are no, i repeat NO constant *door opens slowly* areas, what it is is that it loads very quickly from one area to another, and there's doors you can open bookshelves you can put in front of doors, ladders to knock over, and non of it slows down either.

You will not be hampered with loading times like in traditional Resi evil games, heck you can even open doors and there's no loading times at all.

Oh yeah and you have to be on your guard during "cutscenes" as well, sometimes it's hard to tell when it's a cutscene or a in-game and you have to button bash to save your own skin, the brilliance of this game, just can't be described through the words i'm typing to you.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Forum Sage
    Fantastic. Sounds like a great game. I like my games to have a bit of longevity about them, so Ada Wong's Separate Ways bonus mission should quell my needs. Do you earn costumes and weapons when you complete the game? What about infinite ammo?

I'd also like to know about inventory space - old resident evil games had a certain amount of slots in the inventory which meant that you could only have a few weapons and items on you at one specific time, which also meant a lot of backtracking. Does Resident Evil 4 have an unlimited inventory?

Master Poster
    Do you earn costumes and weapons when you complete the game? What about infinite ammo?
    Haven't completed the game yet, give me a few more days. I've got to juggle with uni assignments and Resi 4 time. :P

Thread Information