Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana
    Fantastic. Sounds like a great game. I like my games to have a bit of longevity about them, so Ada Wong's Separate Ways bonus mission should quell my needs. Do you earn costumes and weapons when you complete the game? What about infinite ammo?

I'd also like to know about inventory space - old resident evil games had a certain amount of slots in the inventory which meant that you could only have a few weapons and items on you at one specific time, which also meant a lot of backtracking. Does Resident Evil 4 have an unlimited inventory?
    Beat the game once and you will get infinite ammo only for the rocket launcher and you have to buy the rocket launcher from the merchant. Start saving if you want to buy infinite rocket launcher, it cost a fortune. Beat Seperate Way and you will unlock Leon's gangster outfit and Ashley's armor outfit.

Here is how to unlock weapons.

Chicago Typewriter (Main Game) - Beat Seperate Ways.
    Chicago Typewriter (Seperate Ways) - Beat Assignment Ada.
    Handcannon - Have each mercenary get a five star rating on all of the stages.
    Matilda - Beat the game once.
    P.R.L 412 - Beat Professional Mode.
    Special clothes for Leon, Ada, and Ashley-Beat the main game.

As for inventory space in Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 does not have unlimited inventory but you have to buy Attache Case from the merchat. This will increase your inventory space.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of A Riot
    Do you earn costumes and weapons when you complete the game? What about infinite ammo?
    Haven't completed the game yet, give me a few more days. I've got to juggle with uni assignments and Resi 4 time. :P
    so do i.

i'm upto the part where i'm stuck in a house and there's hords (and when i say hords i mean HORDS ) of villagers trying to bust into the house, dang site hard and i keep dying

i read somewhere that the aiming system on the PS2 is more precise than the Gamecube one, is this true?
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Aza
    I'd also like to know about inventory space - old resident evil games had a certain amount of slots in the inventory which meant that you could only have a few weapons and items on you at one specific time, which also meant a lot of backtracking. Does Resident Evil 4 have an unlimited inventory?
    The inventory sysem for RE4 is quite different to the previous games, now you have a grid of squares where each item takes up a certain amount of squares either vertically or horizontally, grenadeds and herbs for example take up 2 vertical squares whereas, say your riot gun(higher powered shotgun) takes up 20 or so vertical squares.
    This is where the inventory management comes in, you have to be mindful of what you have and what you need and what needs to be vertical or what needs to be horizontal. I sold the red9(a different pistol) so that I could get the riot gun, I gained more grid space and more cash.
    What is a huge difference in terms of items in RE4 to other RE games is that you don't need to carry them in your inventory, they are automatically added to an infinite space section of their own and are auto discarded once you've used them.
    Alot of things that you find in levels are various objects like precious stones that you sell for money in order to buy stuff from the merchant, they go in the same infinite space area.
    Another HUGE change is the saving, no more ink ribbons, YES! You just go up to a typewriter and save.

Just in case, I'll go over more major changes;
    Their is no more auto lock, you actually have to aim your weapon, you still however can't move while firing.
    Their are NO I repeat NO loading doors, the loading sequences are now simply a black screen with the text loading at the bottem, they are very short and didn't detract from my awesome experience with RE4 at all.
    Any other questions, just ask and I'll be happy to answer in detail.

Right now I'm still in the castle, Ashley just got taken from me after she ran to a wall and she got locked onto it. I don't know exactly where I'm at in the game but I just beat the bit with the red skull head monk who uses the chaingun turret.

Forum Sage
    Thanks Aza, that cleared everything up for me. I'll be buying this game as soon as I can get the cash.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Dedicated Member
    Im gonna give this game a go, I have finished the other RE games through to the max (as in getting EVERYTHING and 100%) and I have been looking foward to being able to play as Leon again. I might actually buy it if its good enough, but ill give it a few rents first

If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y <- Harden the **** up!

Veteran
    I got the gamecube verions. if it was coming out for ps2 at the same time as the GC then I would have it for ps2.

I LOVE RESIDENT EVIL 4!!!! Just got the special edition yesterday and it kicks ASS!!! No loading screens and you get to stab cows and literally kick villagers' heads off (which i'd like to do to certain people in my own life, but we have laws these days). Graphics are amazing. You can actually see how Leon has aged and haven't had a wink of sleep in forever. RE4 has even ntroduced a view that isn't exactly 1st person, but isn't 3rd person, either. I would give this game an 11 out of 5
    Visit my forum, unreal.gogetforum.com! Maybe even join! We're desperite for new members

Elite Sage
    the type of gameplay your talking about is now called 3PS (third person shooter).

i'll spoiler this anyway.

you know when you shoot a villagers head off and [spoiler:1cbab6b443]it sprouts those tentacle things, how the heck do you kill that off, i remember i wasted all my bullets on just one villager person do you shoot the neck or something? Oh yeah i havn't completed it just wanted to know about them villagers so please don't spoil my spoiler[/spoiler:1cbab6b443]
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Elite Guru
    uses flash granade, this way you don't have to waste ammo on them.

Elite Sage
    do they just fall out?

oh yeah been wondering, is it possible to change the secondary weapon from a knife to something else?
    or are you stuck with a knife for life (hey that rhymes )
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Elite Guru
    oh yeah been wondering, is it possible to change the secondary weapon from a knife to something else?
    or are you stuck with a knife for life
    sorry, you can't change your secondary weapon from a knife to anything else.

Aza
    I'm up to ******* now, damn he's a tough bastard.
    I like the way Wesker is mentioned, Ada and ******* work for him right?
    Last I saw him was in Code Veronica and he absolutely kicked Chris' ass and then just took off. Maybe he'll show up in RE5.
    Anyone else but me think that the main character in RE5 will be Chris?
    Maybe we'll get to play as Jill or Claire too. I can't remember what happened to Claire after Code Veronica. Did she go anywhere? Maybe Sherry from RE2 will show up, but older of course. Ah so many characters to look out for, the RE series is so cool.

Elite Sage
    i've just thought, won't Xbox 360 owners be out in the cold in Resi Evil 5?
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Apprentice

I haven't had this game long, I'm upto the bit with the lake, but i had to turn it off because I can't stand water bits. I'm not a big fan of the sea and murky water's even worse. I used to hate diving into water on tomb raider 1 on ps1 now look at how real it looks on Resi Evil4 and I can't do it!

How come the women are harder to kill than the men?

I'll psyche myself up tonight because it is an amazing game, if Shadow of Collosus is as immersive as this I'll be happy with my ps2 till the ps3 comes out. I still think "We love Katamari" is going to kill everything when it gets released in Britain, Microsoft better be worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by burtmuh
    lol the two consoles have almost the exact same specs. The only difference is the PS3 will end up being a year and a half later.
    Quote Originally Posted by spandexman
    So when it comes down to it the 360 and ps3 provide about the same power.
    Questionable.

Dedicated Member
    I have some questions about the Seperate Ways and Assignment Ada missions:

Will the money that i will collect during the play of those two missions be added to the money account when playing Round 2 with Leon?

I ask because i am not sure about spending money on weapons etc. for Ada. Couse after playin the additianal two missions with Ada i am looking to play Round 2 with Leon.
    So i just want to spent as much money as possible for the second round where i am going to kick some serious ass with my fully upgraded weapons (Matilda, Shotgun, Butterfly or Handcannon if i manage to get her, and of course the Typewriter)

Talking about the Chicago Typewriter: I know that it gets available to purchase after finishing "Seperate Ways". But can i purchase this weapon starting the second round just after finishing SW? I hope so, otherwise it would make less sense...

Which is the best Shotgun for all situations?

From the read it seems that it would be Standard Shotgun with exclusive upgrade (same damage for all distances). But i am not sure about this. The targets care a rats ass when i shoot at them from a larger distance (according to a distance of 15 virtual meters). They just shake and thats all about it. No real damage.
    I just hoped i could use the upgraded shotgun for sniping groups of villagers from a larger distance...
    So a bit dissapointed about this weapon exclusive.

Tried the Riot Gun with the exlusivle 10 point damage and it appears to me as if this weapon has a middle-range shooting potential due to its 10p damage.

The Striker is undoubtfully the strongest shotgun at short-range shooting but it seems to me as if this weapons does some less damage at middle-range comparing to the Riot Gun although its listed with 12 points of damage with exclusive.

So i have the feeling that the Riot Gun is the best Shotgun for all situations.
    At close-range combats when you get surprised by an attack you can quickly aim for the head due to great handling while at middle-range shooting the weapon does still some serious damage...

I am not a RE4 guru so maybe i might be wrong with my assumptions.
    Therefore i ask you out there to give me the advice which shotgun to go for (spending the money for all the updates to reach exclusive)...

Matilda is a great pick for me cause it has a nice headshot potencial with its burst-fire ability while you can still make sigle shot firing when you hit the button shortly...so when going for the legs Second pick Blacktail...

So gimme some advice, plz ^^
    "Awesome, the PS3 is like alien hardware from a UFO crash... it's like reverse engineering the FUTURE OF DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT!"

Forum Sage
    Does the trusty magnum make a Resident Evil 4 appearance? It was my favourite weapon in RE1 and RE3 due to its ability to decapitate zombies from a long distance.

My mum has bought me Resident Evil 4 for Christmas (which is really strange, seeing as she usually gets me make up or perfume - I don't have bad body odour and I'm not aesthetically unappealing) and I have to stop myself from searching behind cupboards because I'm so desperate to play it! Roll on Christmas...

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana
    Does the trusty magnum make a Resident Evil 4 appearance? It was my favourite weapon in RE1 and RE3 due to its ability to decapitate zombies from a long distance.

My mum has bought me Resident Evil 4 for Christmas (which is really strange, seeing as she usually gets me make up or perfume - I don't have bad body odour and I'm not aesthetically unappealing) and I have to stop myself from searching behind cupboards because I'm so desperate to play it! Roll on Christmas...
    Yea, there are more then one magnum. I believe theres 3 or 4. Happy searching for Xmas presents. I unfortunately already know where my mom puts the stuff, so I am inclined to look. Next year, being my last real Xmas (gonna be turning 18 two days after xmas, I won't be a kid no more ) I am gonna totally be surprised, because I have a feeling I won't be so excited this year, besides the fact that I'm getting Guitar Hero and The Movies :P

Veteran
    I really enjoy this game for my gamecube and RE games for the gamecube only is the reason I got the gamecube. but now with ports like these. I'm not sure if I shoudl but the Revo.

I just beat RE4 today, only got it a couple days ago. It was on of the most fun and best games that I have played on the PS2 =). I suggest people to go get it! The only thing I didn't like was that I didnt play the past games so I didn't know the history of all the RE games since this was my first RE game.

Elite Sage
    the only RE game you have to play before RE4 to understand it fully is RE2.

i only got to the licker on that game and just gave up.
    and i mean the licker atthe VEEEERY beginning.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Super Elite
    Ok i have a question i am gonn abuy RE4 but they have 2 diff ones regular game and Premium Sp. Ed. they were out of stock on the Sp. Ed. so i dont know what is speacial about it and the guys at the store had no idea.
    but is it worth the extra 10$
    George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Einstein
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Master Poster
    I have the special edition and the only apparent difference is the box cover and the artwork. Also you get a mini walkthrough, but I don't think there are any extras in the game. I like getting collectable games and I luckily got it cheap so I'll let you decide from this if its worth getting.

Super Elite
    ok thanks i just want the game but the guy at the store thought it might have extra levels or something and a dvd but i will prob buy the cheaper one if there isnt any major difference and save some money
    George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Einstein
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Elite Sage
    the game itself there is no difference, just the box art.

there's a few games that do that Halo 2 being another one.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Elite Guru
    I never bought Premium or special edition. I think they are waste of money for me.

Thread Information