Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru

with all this home stuff going on.....

why didn't Sony put headsets in the box?

i mean dont get me wrong, home is bloomin awesome, a great concept and personally i cannot wait to be a part of it.

but if sony are trying to promote online to a new level of interaction and all that, and they had been planning this since the PS2, why didn't they offer a headset within the box at purchase?

i dont understand.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

REFLEX
    Because, its the same reason they didn't put HDMI in the box, the majority of people are NOT going to be online, especially right now. So why put it in the box? Its not like its expensive for you to personally go out and get one.

Master Guru

true.

hold on, you dont get HD cables in the box either?

REFLEX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    true.

hold on, you dont get HD cables in the box either?
    No..... thats OLD news man. They didn't bother shipping HD Cables with the box mostly because the majority of people don't have HDTVs. Even less in Europe than in North America. Same reason why no headsets, a vast # of people that have PS3s will not be on line, besides they are cheap.

No HD Cables, but you can get PS2/PS3 Component cables and Monoprice (or some other similar site) HDMI cables for CHEAP.

Dedicated Member
    Yep. Here in Europe basically no one has a HDTV. There's really no reason since almost all of the TV broadcasts are still in regular definition...

I would want Sony to start bundling in a BT headset with the PS3's. It would just encourage more people to get online and try out the services they are offering. Plus, it would make things alot easier as there are still some problems with certain BT headsets.
    Working on a new sig...

Dedicated Member
    All I say is when you buy a car, does the dealer put gas in it for the life of the vehicle, do they pay for full coverage insurance?

Not at all!

So if you are gonna spend 600 bux on a PS3, why the hell cant you pay 22 bux for an H3 bluetooth earpiece on ebay. I bought 2, one for my phone and one for the PS3.

If your big enough to buy the PS3, be big enough to get the headsets yourselves.
    Over 32 PS3 games in library and have paid for GTA4 Limited edition and JUST got Prolog......Yeah bud.... I'm playin BEYOND... now if only I can get a new hard drive.....9 gigs left...

Power Member
    Why should they? You want the PS3 to cost more?

REFLEX
    I agree with that last statement mostly.

They can't just put everything in the box. Especially when most people won't use it, and I don't want to be given a headset I want to pick my own. So you see on their part it is a waste. Same with the cable, HDMI cables are not expensive at all, and the PS2/PS3 component cables aren't much either.

I have a 30 dollar Plantronics 320 bluetooth headset and it works perfectly. and it was CHEAP.

You'd think that the excitement of HOME, PSN and online gaming would entice people to get on line, not a free headset.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    Why should they? You want the PS3 to cost more?
    if it meant having a headset then yes i would pay more. it already costs enough over here in england anyway!

like.no.other
    why didn't Sony put headsets in the box?

i mean dont get me wrong, home is bloomin awesome, a great concept and personally i cannot wait to be a part of it.

but if sony are trying to promote online to a new level of interaction and all that, and they had been planning this since the PS2, why didn't they offer a headset within the box at purchase?

i dont understand.
    At least they are consistent. Core 360 doesn't have one, premium does. This way, nobody has one to start with so they can buy whichever one they like. Besides, who wants to listen to a bunch of plebs swearing all day?!
    Phat boy gone slim!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    At least they are consistent. Core 360 doesn't have one, premium does. This way, nobody has one to start with so they can buy whichever one they like. Besides, who wants to listen to a bunch of plebs swearing all day?!
    that would be on xbl not on ps3
    Setup

TV:
    Mirai DTL 642E500 | 42" 1080P HDTV
    Audio: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sound
    Consoles: Playstation3 60GB Premium | Playstation 2

Superior Member

i dont understand.
    1: They been planning this with the Ps2, thats why they already sold an official USB-headset to all the people that when online and wanted one!

2: those people that dit the purchase off the official headset for Ps2 don't need a headset anymore

3: A usb-headset is cheap, but it will cost you more if Sony need to make a sepperate vallue-box with all your goodies in it! (the more choices you make the higher the cost)

4: Why dit you made this tread! Isent it clear that 600$/ is already a bunch of money? could you not pass a pc-store/mediamarket and get a cheap headset are somthing? I don't want to pay 20$/ more for a headset i already own, and i think most people will agree with me!
    _-~[ Death has a thousand faces, Evil has only one ]~-_

Dedicated Member
    if it meant having a headset then yes i would pay more. it already costs enough over here in england anyway!
    If you don't mind paying more for the bundle if a headset is included then there's no problem for you just to buy one seperatly. It really doesn't matter at all.
    I don't buy Microsoft products because I don't support companies that want to control rather than contribute.

Apprentice
    If you want a headset,buy a headset!WTF is the problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Knowing is not enough,we must apply.Willing is not enough,we must do.

Omg People!!!! People Spent 600 In A Ps3 And Now They Cant Get A Bluetooth Thas Sad!!!i Work In A Cellphone Store And We Get Bluetooth For Like $19-30.

Superior Member

The issue isn't really the cost of a headset, it's that if you want to have a really interactive online experience with other people, everyone needs to have a headset. On the 360, anyone who goes online, probably bought the premium and has a headset. I barely use mine during online games, but I still have the headset so I could talk if I need to.
    For the PS3 to overtake the 360 by December 2007, it would have to outsell the 360 by 1.75M units a month worldwide. 7 million lead/4 months
    By 12/08-437,500/month By 12/09 - 250,000/month
    By 12/10 - 175,000/month As of 9-20-07

RickyDeHaas
    OMG its not a big problem and some people dont even play online not even half of the ps3 owners!

videl
    lol, ppl try it all day long. buy a headset if you want one, period.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by IPB View Post
    If you don't mind paying more for the bundle if a headset is included then there's no problem for you just to buy one seperatly. It really doesn't matter at all.
    yea but what im saying is why didn't sony just go with the convenience and just put a headset in the box? i bet you there will be people who will not have the effort to buy and use a headset, than if one was provided in the box to use.

does anyone have a link to what accessories are available to the PS3? i need to manage my funds!

Elite Member

Need a Sig?
    PM ME

Superior Member
    When home fully launches then perhaps they will change the package.

Dedicated Member
    Because not everyone wants a headset. Not everyone is going to be online. So why bump up the price of the console even more and scare off those who don't want a headset or aren't interested in online.

Sony aren't trying to cater for this fictitious "hardcore gamer" group. They're trying to do something for everyone. Well, everyone who can afford it.
    I don't buy Microsoft products because I don't support companies that want to control rather than contribute.

branden1979
    Im glad they didnt include those things in the box. Because this gives me the freedom to buy any brand I want for any price.

atean_boy
    Quote Originally Posted by REFLEX View Post
    No..... thats OLD news man. They didn't bother shipping HD Cables with the box mostly because the majority of people don't have HDTVs. Even less in Europe than in North America. Same reason why no headsets, a vast # of people that have PS3s will not be on line, besides they are cheap.

No HD Cables, but you can get PS2/PS3 Component cables and Monoprice (or some other similar site) HDMI cables for CHEAP.
    ...Nevermind... -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by REFLEX View Post

...Nevermind... -_- (25 characters..)

branden1979
    Quote Originally Posted by atean_boy View Post
    Umm.. MY PS3 came wit HDMI cables.. -_-
    What store u got it from?

Thread Information