Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    Does anyone have a link saying that it is tomorrow? The links posted above just say March of 2007.

EDIT: I found one here:
    http://ps3.ign.com/objects/874/874204.html

Look on the right side of the page:
    Published by: Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) / Midway Games

Developed by: Midway Games

Genre: Fighting
    Number of Players: 1-2
    Release Date:
    US: March 15, 2007
    Also Available On: PC, Saturn, Sega 32X, Game Gear, Genesis, Super NES, Game Boy, Arcade, Amiga, Master System, PlayStation
    Features: Online
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Apprentice
    sorry for the noob question.its the game going to be online capable.if so get ready to get owned.1997 MK Unoffical Tournment Champoinship Holder at the El Dorado Park Long beach Ca.
    G.R.A.W 2 Rank # Level 8 First Sergeant

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by STiGonzalez View Post
    sorry for the noob question.its the game going to be online capable.if so get ready to get owned.1997 MK Unoffical Tournment Champoinship Holder at the El Dorado Park Long beach Ca.
    I'll be sure to avoid you....

Forum Elder
    1. Yes it will be online (check out my first post in this thread for the link).

2. I just wrote down your PSN ID so I now know who to avoid.

3. Does anyone know if fatalities are going to be in the game? - I remember conversations in elementary school with friends that they found out how to do a special fatality. Now you can find em all online!
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Dedicated Member
    You should read the posts before asking the question, many members do just what you did though hahaha ^^.
    BTW - The answer is NO !
    Waiting For: KoF 13. FF13 VS. MvC 3.

FIGHTER GAMER FOR LIFE =D!!!

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post

3. Does anyone know if fatalities are going to be in the game? - I remember conversations in elementary school with friends that they found out how to do a special fatality. Now you can find em all online!
    fatalities are all about what mk2 is

why in the world would you take it out

afaik its just an arcade port that is in 720p
    60 gb ps3
    games owned: madden 07 ,blazing angels:squadrons of WWII, MLB 2k7, Oblivion, MK2
    beaten games: resistance: fall of man, blazing angels:squadrons of WWII, call of duty 3, VT3

Super Elite

I remember those days at the arcade... Before the internets was as robust with (mis)information as it is now, I remember this one asian kid killing everyone with fatalities, left and right. I was like holy s**t how does he know how to do those!!!

Apprentice
    no one offically posted it on the forum that it was able to or not just links.i was not able to connect to the link due to restricted asscess.but thanks for such a nice response

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by XXYoungJinXX View Post
    You should read the posts before asking the question, many members do just what you did though hahaha ^^.
    BTW - The answer is NO !

thanks intill i read this i could not confirm(The answer is NO ![/).the link was no good to me.but thanks.aleast your response was not to bad.i had small kids try to get all smart on me on old school games.when those games came out the kids we still in the diapers.no offense anybody.

Forum Elder
    Where are you getting that it is not online? IGN says that features is online. The gamespot interview with the guy from SOE says that it's online. Please say where you are getting this from.

Mortal Kombat II Update

We clock in some time with an updated version of Midway's retro title for the PlayStation 3 and find out how much the trip down memory lane will cost us.
    By Ricardo Torres, GameSpot Posted Jan 26, 2007 4:02 pm PT

LAS VEGAS--Although we just caught our first look at Midway's upcoming retro titles at CES earlier this month, we had to check them out again at Midway's press event. As we noted before, the games are being developed by Digital Eclipse and published by Sony Online Entertainment. While DE is hard at work on the games, reps from SOE were on hand with updated versions and a bit of news on pricing. All the titles were at the event, but we zeroed in on the one that we're most looking forward to: Mortal Kombat II.
    The updated game still wasn't online, though we were told an online-enabled version is just about ready to go into testing. The biggest update to the game was its button layout, which is now set up in the traditional configuration rather than the awkward one that tripped us up in the last version of the game. Beyond that, the graphics and gameplay were on point, making this one of the best conversions of MKII we've seen in a long while. Though the release timing wasn't available for any of the games, SOE reps did confirm pricing: The retro titles will run for $4.99 each when they hit the PlayStation Store in the next few months.
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/m...om_clk=mostpop

CES 07: Mortal Kombat II Hands-On

LAS VEGAS--Hot on the heels of Sony Online Entertainment's announcement that it would be publishing and developing several classic Midway titles for the PlayStation 3, we had the chance to try out Mortal Kombat II. The classic sequel was released in arcades in 1993 and converted to a good spread of the era's consoles, which only helped the immensely popular game gain an even greater following. In the years that have passed, MKII has arguably solidified as the best entry in the series thanks to a refined fighting system, cool roster, and a plethora of secrets for players to discover.
    Unfortunately, the depth of our affection for the game has been sorely tested as, besides the SNES home conversion of the game, the various console conversions have fallen flat in some way--with a special shout out going to the PC version of the game, which was fantastic. As a result we've been cautiously optimistic about what MKII promises on the PS3, despite the fact that Digital Eclipse is handling the conversion.
    The version of the game we played was extremely early but was looking like it was well on its way toward matching the quality of the best MKII conversions. Though early, the game already featured a full roster of fighters, stages, and the assorted finishing moves that were the introduced in the game. Best of all, the title ran at a good clip and felt about right, which bodes well for the final game. Besides what appears to be an impressive version of the original arcade game, SOE and Digital Eclipse are making additions to the experience. The title will support 720p and feature online multiplayer (which we didn't get to try yet) as well as online leaderboards.
    From what we've seen so far, we're impressed by how MKII is shaping up. The game makes a good first impression even in this early state, though it would have been nice to see an enhanced graphics option. That said, there are some crucial elements we want to see before we let ourselves get too excited. Online play is obviously the biggest factor in whether the game sinks or swims, in our eyes. Beyond that, little touches such as the button layout (which is currently awkward) and the game's price could send things south, but we're crossing our fingers that things turn out well. Mortal Kombat II is currently slated to be available in the PlayStation's online store in the early part of this year. Look for more on the game in the coming months.
    http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com...ii-db1364.html
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Dedicated Member
    Hahaha in case ppl did not catch it, I was being sarcastic =). I'm hoping the online play will be solid, I dunno if I'm gonna download it myself *I have one too many fighting games right now XD*, hope to hear good stuff ^^.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by XXYoungJinXX View Post
    Hahaha in case ppl did not catch it, I was being sarcastic =). I'm hoping the online play will be solid, I dunno if I'm gonna download it myself *I have one too many fighting games right now XD*, hope to hear good stuff ^^.

Now don't I feel like a stupid ass . Anyway, I guess it was good because it provided some facts/sources.
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

airupthere23
    How the heck are we going to play MKII without Sega Genesis controllers?

Dedicated Member
    Now don't I feel like a stupid ass . Anyway, I guess it was good because it provided some facts/sources.
    Hahaha I think I confused a lotta ppl, my apologies too ^^. O wellz, someone plz post if the online play is solid in the next few upcoming hours =D! I'm about to take a final in class hahaha... T-minus 15 minutes.

Btw- You a Sabres fan Hutz? Top of the East.... pre-season analysts predicted the Sabres and the Ducks are gonna match for SC Finals. Can you guess who I am gonna root for =P?!? If it happens it'll be one heck of a sesries.

Elite Member
    Everyone should buy it just because it's MKII. Best fighting game of its time, and that's in a time when fighting games were great. Don't compare it to recent Mortal Kombat games.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliber View Post
    mk2 on ps3? wtf??????!!!!!!! WHY?
    cause the old games are always the best if you an old school gamer like FFVII no matter what game i play an how cool it looks i would give my left ball to play it again. (yes, i know it is coming to ps3)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The other Classic that I would want is

Street Fighter II Champion Edition

the first one that we are able to control ...Vegas, Bison, Sagat, ...

airupthere23
    Quote Originally Posted by calcal View Post
    The other Classic that I would want is

Street Fighter II Champion Edition

the first one that we are able to control ...Vegas, Bison, Sagat, ...
    That's be awesome. Remember the other Street Fighter II that came out shortly after that one? It had like 3 new characters or so... Cacey, Deejay, Feelong... I think that was their names

Dedicated Member
    Fei Long, Cammy, and Deejay. That was SUPER Street Fighter II.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by airupthere23 View Post
    How the heck are we going to play MKII without Sega Genesis controllers?
    I remember getting it for theGenesis the day it came out, my grandma bought it for us. I think I also got a 6 button Sega controller with turbo and other fancy buttons.

Dedicated Member
    i hope its out today, will check at lunch! as far as the moves, they'll all be the same, get ready for fatalities galore!

also wal-mart is selling this PS3 fighting stick. looks actually pretty cool, except for the fact that it uses a USB cable.

Forum Elder
    For anyone that isn't near a PS3, I just checked (11:18 EST) and it's not out yet.
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Superior Member
    For anyone that isn't near a PS3, I just checked (11:18 EST) and it's not out yet.
    The PS Store updates happen every Thursday at or after 5pm CMT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 Library: RFOM, RR7, COD 3, MLB 2K7, Motorstorm, Oblivion, Splinter Cell: DA, FEAR, R6V, GRAW2, Warhawk, Lair, COD 4, AC, MOH A, Uncharted, GHIII, MLB 08 The Show, Rock Band, R6V2, GT5P, GTA IV, MGS4, BF:BC, Socom, Far Cry 2, LBP, COD WaW, Burnout, FIFA09, Madden09, Fight Night3, NHL09
    50" Samsung DLP 1080p

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker77 View Post
    The PS Store updates happen every Thursday at or after 5pm CMT.
    Thanks for that - I thought that it was 4am EST before.
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Dedicated Member
    hmm guess i gotta wait till 6pm here then.

Thread Information