Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
Results 126 to 143 of 143

Thread: Precedents...

  1. #126
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,983
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Skywalker View Post
    By posting why you think SONY isn't all its cracked up to be and how they never won a gen and why PS3 is a failure your enlightening people? Like who are YOU trying to fool here? Honestly I can't stand fanboys especially ones that hide it. Aquanox and Lefein okay at least their open but trying to hide it and sneak and sling mud with a crappy "THIS IS THE TRUTH" agenda is just annoying. If no one wants to hear your opinion and you know this don't post it.
    WHAT!?!?!?! You call me a fanboy? ME!?!?!?!?!? All of ya'll should take a long, hard look in the mirror before you call anyone (especially me) a fanboy.

    Xbox 360 Pro (120 GB) - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) - Nintendo Wii
    大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX


  2. #127
    A God Amongst Men
    Stewie Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    22
    Posts
    9,706
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    3,413 (0 Banked)
    There's no need for me to point out things more obvious the the sound of the fan on a 360. Like if you want to be in denial about your gaming stance go ahead, what the hell do I care. To be honest your not that important, especially when your not saying anything educated or non biased in your posts. Good lord your funny take a look in the mirror this from the guy that posted a persuasive essay on why PS3/SONY is bull. HA!

  3. #128
    Dedicated Member
    dc writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,127
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    1,426 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStation
    Ok guys, we all should know its a typical thread with a typical opinion and we all been through this before. Are we going to argue the same things over again?

    PXG 360 you shouldn't be daring anyone to call you a fanboy, you should respond to his comments with FACTS to back up you're previous claims. Come on man, you know better.

    EDIT: oh boy I know where this is going Hey stewie and PXG, y'all should just agree to disagree and break it up. I sense the mods being involved. Just tryna help naw mean?
    PSN ID - DweetRight


  4. #129
    Dedicated Member
    davbere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    127 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PXG 360 View Post


    Yep I remember that. Honestly, I really don't know why I said all of those things. I mean, I still really want a PS3. I can afford one too, but I just don't need one. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I am afraid of having a $600.00 dust collector in my room...Sorry.

    Which is kinda sad cause its like nothing you say has validity if this is the case.

    But my opinion of this (w)hole soap opera is

    The ps3 would not quite fulfill the task of completly replacing the functionality of a pc so your parents would not "HELP" you anymore so flipflop time.

    It seems to me your major gripe with the ps3 other than it cannot take the place of a pc is you cannot afford it right now.


    Anyhoo I hope you got your fill of attention today
    http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1627/nogamesig9.jpg
    My PS3 games: Resistance, Ridge Racer 7, Fight Night Round 3, Oblivion, Call Of Duty 3, Virtua Fighter 5, Splinter Cell Double Agent,NBA07,Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Street Home court, Motor Storm, The Darkness, Def Jam Icon, Lair, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, fear, Rainbow six Vegas...

  5. #130
    A God Amongst Men
    Stewie Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    22
    Posts
    9,706
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    3,413 (0 Banked)
    He obviously doesn't coming at me with his agendas psht wrong one jake, I closed the lights out on you a long time ago.

  6. #131
    AFMR-PS3
    Guest
    Stewie, just leave it be, the guy is here just to start trouble.

    I will quote myself for the truth:
    Never argue with an idiot. He will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    Just leave this thread die. Surely he'll make up another but probably the mods will get sick of him soon

    Edit: corrected mispelled name

  7. #132
    A God Amongst Men
    Stewie Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    22
    Posts
    9,706
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    3,413 (0 Banked)
    BTW its Stewie like the baby from Family Guy TV show. Yes I agree this thread should be locked and thrown into the can!

  8. #133
    BluBoi22
    Guest
    I never said the bluray medium WASNT 100% needed. But, point in case, as a programmer, you do not bite the hand that feeds you. So yea, companies arent gonna diss the system they are trying to make money off of. You keep touting that they say they need the space, but no crossplatform game companies are ACTUALLY COMPLAINING about dvd9's, now are they?
    You're contradicting yourself here. You say programmers won't bite the hand that feeds them, yet you use "multi-plat devs aren't complaining" as point in your argument.

    ZOMGBBQ, teh contarvesry...D

    but I am afraid of having a $600.00 dust collector in my room...Sorry.
    Is that really the best excuse you can come up with? If you like games, then the PS3 won't become a dust collector.

    Edit: Yeah, I'll stop posting.

  9. #134
    A God Amongst Men
    Stewie Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    22
    Posts
    9,706
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    3,413 (0 Banked)
    BLUBOI LET THE THREAD DIE, if we don't look, it might go away LOL.

  10. #135
    airupthere23
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Skywalker View Post
    BLUBOI LET THE THREAD DIE, if we don't look, it might go away LOL.
    haha, all I read was PS3 blah blah long post blah blah, N64, NES blah blah

    Hate these threads. Honestly, who cares?

  11. #136
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,983
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFMR-PS3 View Post
    Stewie, just leave it be, the guy is here just to start trouble.

    I will quote myself for the truth:
    Just leave this thread die. Surely he'll make up another but probably the mods will get sick of him soon

    Edit: corrected mispelled name
    Too bad for you and rest, because I am here to stay and there is NOTHING you can do about it. As long as I keep my cool and not let others' stupidity get the best of me, I WILL remain on these forums. I guess that sucks for you.

    Xbox 360 Pro (120 GB) - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) - Nintendo Wii
    大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX


  12. #137
    A God Amongst Men
    Stewie Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    22
    Posts
    9,706
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    3,413 (0 Banked)
    So guys how about that MKII coming to PSN should be good dontcha think? Yeah man finally some more stuff. *Ignores the guy going off above*

  13. #138
    Dedicated Member
    dc writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,127
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    1,426 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by PXG 360 View Post
    Too bad for you and rest, because I am here to stay and there is NOTHING you can do about it. As long as I keep my cool and not let others' stupidity get the best of me, I WILL remain on these forums. I guess that sucks for you.


    TBO, this actually made me LOL'd
    PSN ID - DweetRight


  14. #139
    majinvegeta
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PSeew View Post
    wow, you obviously havent read much that i posted, and just go right into Sony Defence Force... maybe u should reread it, and my first post correcting the original poster on a few points before comming to flame me.
    I did read it.

    Quote Originally Posted by PSeew View Post
    Do you know how to develop PS3 games? nope, then how do u know what they do or dont need more than i would? that has nothing to do with what i said.
    Did I say I do? did I say that I know better than you? nope. I said according to what 3rd party and 2nd party developers are saying, Blu-Ray is needed, RE-READ MY POST!! god I wish I could swear at you right now.

    So yes I think Hideo Kojima knows what is needed in the PS3 and what is not, clearly he said that even Blu-Ray isn't enough. Yes I think Square Enix knows whats needed in a PS3 and what is not, they also commented that Blu-Ray is a great technology that has been implemented in the PS3. Insomniac and Evolution also agree. I am going to show you proof this time, so this better keep you SHUT.

    Hideo Kojima Interview with Gamepro:

    GP: Resistance: Fall of Man uses 22 GB [edit: recently changed to 16 GB] of Blu-ray storage. Is that necessary for next-gen development? Is that massive storage something you'll need to make MGS4?
    Kojima: Right away. We'll need more.
    GP: We recently spoke with Sony's Phil Harrison, who told us that he thinks PS3 games will soon use 50 GB. Do you agree with that prediction?
    Kojima: Yes, I do. It's high-def, and just to make it high-def, the data requirements are huge.
    Back in the days when I was working on 8-bit, 1 MB ROMs came out and I thought, "wow, great!" But it wasn't enough. When the CD-ROM came out, we thought we had so much space. But when we started to add sound, there was a lack of storage already. Even Blu-ray, I don't even feel that it expanded data so much. With cinematic, the space fills up right away. You may hear Blu-ray is huge, gigantic, 20 GB or so, but that's not really that big to us. One basic [gameplay] frame with HD and 5.1 takes up so much space that the capacity will become too small in no time. If we maintain the same level of graphics and sound as the PS2, then Blu-ray is spacious. But that's not the case.

    Reference: http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=94011



    So can you deny him for that? he has a much better idea than both of us, he develops games for the PS3, is currently developing one of the most anticipated game for the Playstation 3.

    And what people for some silly reason tend to forget is what Hideo Kojima said here "If we maintain the same level of graphics and sound as the PS2, then Blu-ray is spacious. But that's not the case." As you can see, we are working with much much more superior technology, its like 10 - 15 times more powerful than the PS2 at the least. How can space not matter then?



    Quote Originally Posted by PSeew View Post
    I never said the bluray medium WASNT 100% needed. But, point in case, as a programmer, you do not bite the hand that feeds you. So yea, companies arent gonna diss the system they are trying to make money off of. You keep touting that they say they need the space, but no crossplatform game companies are ACTUALLY COMPLAINING about dvd9's, now are they?
    soo.. 7.1 uncompressed lossless surroundsound of HD quality is extremely important huh? DO YOU have the capabilities to play it? Does anyone really?? maybe like 1-5% of the population have that. Most still dont have 5.1 surround sound yet. That is just you doing sony hype because its in your machine, so therefore it must be important. The 7.1 lossless sound is the MAIN REASON why PS3 developers NEED BR. Not for game content, but for sound. uncompressed audio takes up insaine amounts of space.
    Part of the question I did answer if you look above this quote, but people are moving towards HD and at least 5.1 surround sound. But fact is, most of this space is going to be used up just because we are moving to HD and because of better graphics capability. And hey, its not me saying this, its Hideo Kojima, you want to deny him and believe your own thoughts, be my guest, but don't run around these forums posting FALSE information.

    Quote Originally Posted by PSeew View Post
    Why are you sony nuts so against having to get up and switch CD's once and a while?? my god, it hasnt even happend yet, save for Blue Dragon. Thats 1 game in 150. That to me says there is NO NEED for bigger media. If it were 1 game in 5, then yea, theres a problem. 1 game in 150 says its not a problem and its just hype trying to convince you that you NEED BR more than you really do. You dont NEED BR, you dont NEED lossless audio. Most of the population does not have and may not ever have the capabilities to have either or both of those 2 things. Both of which drive up the cost of the PS3 like crazy.
    Again, like I have already stated a quote from Hideo Kojima, he is stating it is necessary. Even looking at history, we went from those silly N64 games that were like 64mb or so, to cd-roms carrying 700mb, and yet Squaresoft was capable of filling it up without a problem, in fact FF7 and FF8 took up 3 and 4 discs respectively.

    This is 480p we are talking about, moving from 480p to 720p/1080p is a fairly big jump, it requires a lot of processing power, but also a lot of space. And by the way, even Xbox360 games are reaching the end of the discs. If you look at the game disc sizes on those Xbox360 games, they are all at about 6.56 or 7.6gb, you can't get more than that on one disc game.

    As for swapping discs, hey thats fine, thats fine on SOME games. Like for example FF7 and FF8, linear story line, you never have to go back to the same disc, its just like a movie, go from disc 1 to 3 without any more than 3 swaps. But what about games like Getaway, GTA, Oblivion, possibly Metal Gear Solid. Where you will be going back and forth, especially in GTA and Oblivion. going back and forth between cities, doing missions here and there, maybe just going back for fun etc. Imagine swapping discs then, yea it may sound easy. But imagine you go out to the next city and swap disc, then you gotta come back, swap again, then maybe you make an accident and have to swap twice.

    It gets pretty annoying, yea at first I thought the swap method for playing backup games on my PS2 wouldn't be a problem, but once I started actually doing it, it was a pain in the ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by PSeew View Post
    Im sorry that you would rather pay 200 more for features you will never use, or to save you from having to switch a disk once a year. Id rather save money, and burn a calorie or 2.
    IMO, FF has been steadily going down the drain for a long time. It is no longer the great experience it once was, but the same experience over and over again. Oblivion games are fresh and different compared to FF which is why i like them. Besides the fact that they are much more open ended and not tied to a story so much. Preference is personal though.
    WTF?! how dare you, how dare you insult one of the best games ever! >< oh man, that may be your opinion, but Final Fantasy is still same quality as it was before. FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10 all great games, FF12 is awesome so far as well. Have you even played them? besides, thats honestly a matter of opinion, last I checked, Famitsu gave FF12 100%.

    So im sorry, but Xbox360 will NEVER, NEVER ever ever get any quality RPG that is going to attract me more than Final Fantasy. And like I already stated about Blu-Ray, it is not a useless feature, and will become more important as time goes on, as Hideo Kojima has mentioned in that quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by PSeew View Post
    In the end, quit being a sony hype machine, and really look at whats going on. In my initial post, i said many good things about sony. Yea my preference is to MS, but so what, doesnt mean i have to be as biased as you in the information i read.
    In the end, you quit being a xbot hyper machine that likes to bash us Sony guys. You don't like it, don't post it, if you want people to accept your thoughts, go to a xbox360 forum, they will gladly admit you as being correct

    But according to facts, the proof that I have shown, Blu-Ray is needed, and as time goes on that will become more apparent. But not to you xbots, you will continue to deny the facts.

    Admit your defeat!

  15. #140
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,983
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc writer View Post


    TBO, this actually made me LOL'd
    Fine. Go ahead. Laugh all you want. Seriously, go ahead.

    Xbox 360 Pro (120 GB) - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) - Nintendo Wii
    大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX


  16. #141
    A God Amongst Men
    Stewie Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    22
    Posts
    9,706
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    3,413 (0 Banked)
    I believe thats what he's doing but again I hate to point out the obvious. Be right back guys I got a job to do, *PUTS ON BAT SUIT* "OPERATION FANBOY PATROL!"

  17. #142
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,090
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Wow this thread is just pointless imo if someone don't like the Ps3 just don't

    buy it and voila problem solve.

  18. #143
    Elite Guru
    JordanL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,847
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    This thread started out so good. I even posted in the staff forums that we should reward the positive discourse that was being carried with positive reinforcement, because people like being rewarded when they are right, not just punished when they are wrong.

    Sadly it degraded into pointless diatribe.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.