Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 129
  1. #26
    Forum Sage
    Aquanox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,023
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    6,086 (0 Banked)
    I will just say a couple of things,

    First, I do think there's been an improvement in the forums lately. The new mods, including you have put iron hand on the most heated issues.

    Uncool, your job was doing your best to make this forums a better place, in team work with the other mods, but it wasn't your job to actually achieve it. This will never be a perfect place, you need to learn to live with both highs and lows and if you don't feel comfortable being a Mod (I know, getting friends angry with you because you're the law now) then that's ok, just step off the Mod title but don't leave the forums, your participation here is very, very much appreciated.

    Cheers mate!
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you


  2. #27
    bnolan56
    Guest
    And I thought high-school was dramatic.. (No Offense Uncool, just this is pretty dramatic) I mean everyone is getting all worked up about a forums. Its a forums and its growing everyday, I don't see why people always complain its not what it used to be.

    Of course it isn't! Things change deal with it. Good Luck to you Uncool..

  3. #28
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Well since things are getting so dramatic and the forums becoming chaotic, here's a little part of a poem by Yeats.

    Turning and turning in the widening gyre

    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

    The best lack all convictions, while the worst

    Are full of passionate intensity.

  4. #29
    Veteran
    DINAMO788's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,929
    Rep Power
    84
    Points
    6,245 (0 Banked)
    Items Arsenal
    no one else is suprised by aqua return?

    and yea, you did the best you could so dont worry about it. you never let me down because i had no real expectations of you...other than you trying to improve the forum

  5. #30
    Master Poster
    Naboomagnoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,099
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mWW6kRITEY

    Hope you rise from the ashes when you're good and ready. If you've formed friendships here, don't sever all ties for good.

  6. #31
    Apprentice
    STiGonzalez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    259 (0 Banked)
    Uncool was the coolest.was very understandble when it came to infractions.he would contact the people before he gave it to them.because remember writting a sentence cannot speak for it'self.speaking to the person can.
    G.R.A.W 2 Rank # Level 8 First Sergeant



  7. #32
    Master Poster
    [velocity]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,282
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    2,416 (0 Banked)
    Let me put it straight: NO.
    "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."


  8. #33
    Elite Member
    Riskbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    261 (0 Banked)
    sad to see senior members leaving
    Sig by The House
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #34
    justintheman99
    Guest
    This is a reminder to never let the forums get to serious in your life. There are far more important things to worry about in life, and you must never let emotions get involved in any of it or it will always turn out bad. Uncool you will be missed, but I can almost guarantee you won't be gone for long.

  10. #35
    pendinginsanity
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by turkmen117 View Post
    Kinda took the words out my mouth
    Uncool did a good job as a moderator though (as you already mentioned)
    It sort of disturbs me that you're the only one here sharing my opinion, people really do take this virtual community wayyyy too serious

  11. #36
    Pr0LiFiX
    Guest
    Oh, god! All of these posts and I missed the thread of Uncool's farewell.

    God, you insensitive, little jerks lead Uncool to leave and I am ashamed!

    Well, see ya, Uncool. Good luck with college and all.

  12. #37
    Xaor
    Guest
    Another one bites the dust?

    As this is the common cool-trend recently, why don't we all just leave?

    Lets make thousands of threads like this, and leave the forum to die.

    Lets smoke pipes while we go over the great times, with put on tears in our eyes about how great it once was, and how **** it became because of these things that we warned eachother about and took no preventative actions.

    Lets spray out how we could improve the forum and lets make sure that our Mod In rate is higher than our Mod Out rate.

    Lets ban people for all the wrong reasons. Lets ban trinity over and over again. One of our best posters, who says his mind, and says things which are perfectly fair.

    Our stupid moderation doesn't go far enough. There are so many idiots on this forum who should be banned again and again and again. I'm surprised I have gone through this forum without a ban, but this seems to have no actual reference to how good a poster you are.

    Rubics Cube... lasted MONTHS. Why the hell did that happen?


    Alas, Uncool, you are doing more damage leaving than you have ever done good while being here....

    Your first lines on your post, you say how veterans leaving is ruining the forum.

    and I ask you, what the hell are you doing?

    What is the point of making someone a moderator if you are going to give up after a couple of months, months which progress has certainly been made.

    Even I would be a better choice than that, because although I'm not particularly even minded, I can tell the difference between a good post and a bad post, and I'll be here til the end. I don't hold any particular bias, my words come from the heart of what I truly believe from the causes.

    Hell, curse the few, like me who foretold the failures of the Wii before it was even released, yet now, theres a thread of people who are dead bored with their Wii, and thinking of selling it. Not many disagreements in there either. Curse the *******s who say their mind, but praise the ****ers who say what is wanted to be said, for there is the true problem. Lets live in Dorfdad wonderland and believe that the only true gamer is 80 years old, with every console since the bronze age.

    Yes, maybe, at times, we all need a break... I have had a few weeks off the forum, but I return like a long lost puppy. I cannot fool myself into thinking leaving is going to help anyone, and I have never said I am leaving because I probably never will.

    I may be the one silently, scratching away on my prison wall, with a piece of chalk, tallying those who have died on the battlefield.

    So yes, Uncool.

    You have failed.

    But your only failure is leaving.. for what ever reason.




    And yes, PS3forums. I prophesize, THE END IS NIGH.

  13. #38
    Pr0LiFiX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaor View Post
    Another one bites the dust?

    As this is the common cool-trend recently, why don't we all just leave?

    Lets make thousands of threads like this, and leave the forum to die.

    Lets smoke pipes while we go over the great times, with put on tears in our eyes about how great it once was, and how **** it became because of these things that we warned eachother about and took no preventative actions.

    Lets spray out how we could improve the forum and lets make sure that our Mod In rate is higher than our Mod Out rate.

    Lets ban people for all the wrong reasons. Lets ban trinity over and over again. One of our best posters, who says his mind, and says things which are perfectly fair.

    Our stupid moderation doesn't go far enough. There are so many idiots on this forum who should be banned again and again and again. I'm surprised I have gone through this forum without a ban, but this seems to have no actual reference to how good a poster you are.

    Rubics Cube... lasted MONTHS. Why the hell did that happen?


    Alas, Uncool, you are doing more damage leaving than you have ever done good while being here....

    Your first lines on your post, you say how veterans leaving is ruining the forum.

    and I ask you, what the hell are you doing?

    What is the point of making someone a moderator if you are going to give up after a couple of months, months which progress has certainly been made.

    Yes, maybe, at times, we all need a break... I have had a few weeks off the forum, but I return like a long lost puppy. I cannot fool myself into thinking leaving is going to help anyone, and I have never said I am leaving because I probably never will.

    I may be the one silently, scratching away on my prison wall, with a piece of chalk, tallying those who have died on the battlefield.

    So yes, Uncool.

    You have failed.

    But your only failure is leaving.. for what ever reason.
    Basically being a full-time college student and moderating the forums is quite a hard thing to balance, don't you think? Um, if you haven't noticed, Uncool left because he felt he wasn't doing a good job moderating the forums with all of the stupid, immature, posters giving him negative feedback. Uncool may have failed as a mod because he had to much too balance in his life, but he sure as hell didn't fail as a friend.

  14. #39
    Xaor
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolifix - Zaretser View Post
    Basically being a full-time college student and moderating the forums is quite a hard thing to balance, don't you think? Um, if you haven't noticed, Uncool left because he felt he wasn't doing a good job moderating the forums with all of the stupid, immature, posters giving him negative feedback. Uncool may have failed as a mod because he had to much too balance in his life, but he sure as hell didn't fail as a friend.
    I guess your misunderstanding is that the post isn't a reply to him in particular, it is a reply to everyone, to everyone who has left, who will leave, who will stay, to the admin, the SMC, and the moderation, if they want to listen.

    Yes, its an impossible thing to balance.

    So why the **** did he get appointed as a moderator, why did he even try?

    I like the guy, hes one of the best mods we have, but this is just another set back, and if he lets some, small, stupid minority get him down, curse them, but for heavens sake.

    Take the rep system, it works on the basis that decent posters have the power. If 5 people with 1 rep power tell me I'm a bad poster, I wouldn't care. If 1 person with 15 rep power did, I'd take notice. That should be your philosophy.

    Take the positive, and constructive critism and listen to it. Take the negative, and trash it.

    I wonder, do you think he'd have left had he not been a moderator? I somehow believe he'd still be here.

    I'm sorry Prolifix, you obviously didn't understand my message, as many of you won't, and some perhaps will.


    We need to stop appointing the best posters to become mods. That isn't necessarily how it works.

    You don't always make the best football player the captain of the football team, because there are more important things.

    Uncool was a perfect choice for a mod, except one huge problem, which is that he probably never had enough time, and energy to do what he'd want to achieve.

    Either we need to lessen the workload by employing more mods, and there are very rarely BAD mods, because those in positions of power will do whatever to keep it, or we need to make sure those that are promoted are capable of taking on the, quite frankly massive workload.

    All I can do is be a poster who requires little moderation, and for the past 6 months I don't believe I've had a warning, an infraction, or anything else.

    I'm sorry Prolifix if I can't write yet another obituary for Uncool, and the countless others who went before him, and are sure to follow. I'll just preach, if thats alright.

  15. #40
    Superior Member
    Pantyhelmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    942
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by pendinginsanity View Post
    It sort of disturbs me that you're the only one here sharing my opinion, people really do take this virtual community wayyyy too serious

    no, its actually people like you who don't take connections, no matter how or where they're formed, serious enough..notice the whole fourm isn't responding to this thread, only the ones who are affected by the loss of a one they considered a friend, the nosey (me!) and the people who feel their skewed antisocial opinions mean jack **** (you!) ..

    at any rate, when someone has some veteran status in a forum of any kind is leaving for an good, it was once a rule they leave a goodbye thread .. so we could rub their faces in it when they come back..for all those who miss him , i hope that is the case.

  16. #41
    Dedicated Member
    dc writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,127
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    1,426 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStation
    What the heck?! What is going on in these forums lately!!??

    Uncool was the one who greeted me in the Welcome thread http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=172&page=31

    thats back in December when I hinted at Uncool being a moderator wannabee and to my surprise he became one eventually.

    Why? because he did what he loved to do and did it well. Thus resulting him getting the honor of moderating these boards...

    Well thank you Uncool for welcoming me into this forum... but it's sad that you made little petty stuff got to you. (sorry i said petty stuff..but one has to take a vacation to Iraq and wave an American flag, or spend time in other poverty stricken countries and see how we all are blessed to be in front of computers debating about videogames)

    Yo, the problems you listed.. about turning friends against each other, or all that other nonsense.. I think people need to wake up! and see that we are all blessed and these little problems are all soft.

    I'm talking like this because I almost died 2 years ago and I still can't believe I could have missed out on the next gen experience. I don't let people get the better of me anymore. I do what I love to do and I expect haters to try and hate..but I brush my shoulders off with a smile on my face and continue to do what I'm called to do. After what I've been through? why should I let clowns on the internet ruffle my feathers? And why should we as a gaming community take what these flamers or trollers say seriously and they ain't even spittin in your face!

    So dc writer has no pity for anyone that wears their emotions on their sleeves in these forums...

    pfft! Uncool! get back to work!
    PSN ID - DweetRight


  17. #42
    pendinginsanity
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantyhelmet View Post
    no, its actually people like you who don't take connections, no matter how or where they're formed, serious enough..notice the whole fourm isn't responding to this thread, only the ones who are affected by the loss of a one they considered a friend, the nosey (me!) and the people who feel their skewed antisocial opinions mean jack **** (you!) ..

    at any rate, when someone has some veteran status in a forum of any kind is leaving for an good, it was once a rule they leave a goodbye thread .. so we could rub their faces in it when they come back..for all those who miss him , i hope that is the case.
    you have no idea what you're talking about, I have lots of connections on the internet, but not people on a freakin forum board, it's just senseless.
    I have connections through longtime friends that I've meet on the internet, I mean, people I've known for years.

    Uncool haven't even been here for a year and he talks like it's his retirement after a lifetime of community service, redicules.
    In any case we all have our opinion, I don't respect yours though.

  18. #43
    Superior Member
    MasterKrabs78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    247 (0 Banked)
    I will definately(spelling) miss the "Ban the Person Above you" wars..I hope to see you soon Uncool!

  19. #44
    Master Poster
    wotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,419
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Yeah, what the hell is going on? Mods and members are leaving almost daily now.

    I'll miss ya, Uncool, you've been a great mod imo.

  20. #45
    Xaor
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pendinginsanity View Post
    you have no idea what you're talking about, I have lots of connections on the internet, but not people on a freakin forum board, it's just senseless.
    I have connections through longtime friends that I've meet on the internet, I mean, people I've known for years.

    Uncool haven't even been here for a year and he talks like it's his retirement after a lifetime of community service, redicules.
    In any case we all have our opinion, I don't respect yours though.
    I don't completely disagree with you... This is getting beyond ludricous.

    I do believe, however, that true friendships can be made through forums... I believe I'd get along with 95% of people on here pretty well in real life, and I think, on the whole people get along with me, though I'm not totally sure.

    Then again, this kind of monologue that people keep writing, seemingly for little more than kicks for some(No offence Aquanox, but for a post, and thread as gargantuan as the one which you spurred about your 'leaving', you sure didn't leave for very long).

  21. #46
    Super Bias Moderator
    WhatRuOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,415
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    129 (0 Banked)
    In the end, it's your choice. But if you care about how the forums end up, leaving isn't going to solve anything. Unless you think the problems are un-solvable, which I personally don't think any problem is.

    Wii # 2775 0778 3886 7989

  22. #47
    Newbie
    FreakyZekey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    241 (0 Banked)
    uhhh did i join at a bad time?

  23. #48
    Superior Member
    Pantyhelmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    942
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by pendinginsanity View Post
    you have no idea what you're talking about, I have lots of connections on the internet, but not people on a freakin forum board, it's just senseless.
    I have connections through longtime friends that I've meet on the internet, I mean, people I've known for years.

    Uncool haven't even been here for a year and he talks like it's his retirement after a lifetime of community service, redicules.
    In any case we all have our opinion, I don't respect yours though.

    perverts and 50+ year old "boy lovers" who send you friend request through myspace i wouldn't count as life long connections..but thats just my opinion..

    i sense that you don't even have a concrete idea of how you feel about this matter ..
    in fact..i smell a tinge of jealousy..

    if it would make you feel better , do you want to make a goodbye thread and actually have people respond in a good light for the most part?

    you're free to..and if some young know it all came to rain on your parade, i'd knock him down a notch just like i did you..

    which reminds me, when you learn how to spell, MORE people will value YOUR opinion.

  24. #49
    pendinginsanity
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantyhelmet View Post
    perverts and 50+ year old "boy lovers" who send you friend request through myspace i wouldn't count as life long connections..but thats just my opinion..

    i sense that you don't even have a concrete idea of how you feel about this matter ..
    in fact..i smell a tinge of jealousy..

    if it would make you feel better , do you want to make a goodbye thread and actually have people respond in a good light for the most part?

    you're free to..and if some young know it all came to rain on your parade, i'd knock him down a notch just like i did you..

    which reminds me, when you learn how to spell, MORE people will value YOUR opinion.
    I think I'm a little too old to be in that category honestly, secondly some of the people I've meet online I've even meet in real-life.
    I do have a concrete idea, that this is too much, there's no serious debate going on here, it's about gaming for christ sake, and people act like it's some guys funeral, the same thing happend with Panda Bear Shenyu, and I don't envy any of those guys at all, quite the opposit, I pity them and the guys saying 'oh I'm sad that you're leaving, blah blah, god bless'.

    Also learn how to spell? Did it ever occur to you that English isn't my native language? I guess you're too ignorant to see that.

    I'll leave the entire cryscene to you guys.

  25. #50
    Superior Member
    Pantyhelmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    942
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by pendinginsanity View Post
    I think I'm a little too old to be in that category honestly, secondly some of the people I've meet online I've even meet in real-life.
    I do have a concrete idea, that this is too much, there's no serious debate going on here, it's about gaming for christ sake, and people act like it's some guys funeral, the same thing happend with Panda Bear Shenyu, and I don't envy any of those guys at all, quite the opposit, I pity them and the guys saying 'oh I'm sad that you're leaving, blah blah, god bless'.

    Also learn how to spell? Did it ever occur to you that English isn't my native language? I guess you're too ignorant to see that.

    I'll leave the entire cryscene to you guys.
    your jealousy is now a burning seething green mass(not unlike a huge booger)..

    to hate this thread so much, you've posted in it more times than anyone else..strange..

    Funny thing is..English isn't my native language either, so let me school you again..

    what you claim as my "ignorance" is more like my "apathy" with equal parts "lack of psychic ability."

    cheerio.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New TUROK PS3 Screens!..
    By SimmoUK in forum PlayStation 3 Games
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 14:01
  2. PlayStation 3 Official DESIGN
    By Captain-nippon in forum PlayStation 3
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 19:42
  3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance: PS3/X360/Wii Comparison
    By Midnight's Creed in forum PlayStation 3 Games
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 01:21
  4. PSU Marketplace (BUY SELL AND TRADE) FORUM
    By DEViANCE in forum Forum Rules, Help & Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 01:34
  5. Represent Your University/College!
    By cef04e in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 22:35

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.