Page 249 of 260 FirstFirst ... 239249259 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 6490
    Superior Member

ive thought about upgarding it but my pc only has a 330watt power unit and im not sure if i'd have to upgrade that too to run a better card.
    if it its the case that thats the best card i can run with that power supply ill just have to make do with it.
    psn id fumper so go on add me. it makes sence

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by fumper View Post
    ive thought about upgarding it but my pc only has a 330watt power unit and im not sure if i'd have to upgrade that too to run a better card.
    if it its the case that thats the best card i can run with that power supply ill just have to make do with it.
    Yeah that fair enough, my current 275GTX requires 2x 6 pin power input, had to upgrade my motherboard and my PSU to a 620W.

Superior Member

i would imagine that upgrading the psu would be quite a bit of hassle.

Super Elite
    Actually it wasn't that hard.

What was hard, my GPU only just fits inside my case, there about a 5mm gap to a solid aluminum frame for the HDD rack. Took me 30 frustrating minutes just to get it in.

looking for MyNameIsJon

hey looking for MyNameIsJon from the folding crew, just a question or two want to improve my folding and that person has the best system or statem out there just want advise on how to improve

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbanks00 View Post
    hey looking for MyNameIsJon from the folding crew, just a question or two want to improve my folding and that person has the best system or statem out there just want advise on how to improve
    He last logged in here on July 11th, more then 3 months ago. He is a way alot i do believe, something to do with his job.

Can any of us other folders help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
    He last logged in here on July 11th, more then 3 months ago. He is a way alot i do believe, something to do with his job.

Can any of us other folders help you out?
    Oh, I'm back now.. been back for about 2 weeks.. Just haven't logged on the forum yet.

Currently folding with the ps3 and my pc with two GTX280's. each card gets about 8800 points per day when the shader is overclocked from 1304 to 1512.

I have a 9800gx2 lying around that gets about 5000PPD on each of its gpus that I need to stick back in my spare machine. Maybe I'll do that later tonight now that I am thinking about it..
    I ride submarines...

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsJon View Post
    Oh, I'm back now.. been back for about 2 weeks.. Just haven't logged on the forum yet.

Currently folding with the ps3 and my pc with two GTX280's. each card gets about 8800 points per day when the shader is overclocked from 1304 to 1512.

I have a 9800gx2 lying around that gets about 5000PPD on each of its gpus that I need to stick back in my spare machine. Maybe I'll do that later tonight now that I am thinking about it..
    Jon is back! Good to hear from you again, man.

And boy do I envy your gfx cards. Wish I had the money to thrown down for some new hardware. Stupid college tuition.
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    tremblingwater
    Hello,
    just joined the team, my folding@home username name is the same as psn id - tremblingwater. Ive added the team.

Ash

Superior Member

is my graphics card on the way out?
    ive not been folding on it much lately but when i start the pc up from cold the fan on my nvidia 8600gt card makes a bit of a louder noise than usual. a bit rattley almost like something is a bit loose. after a few moments when things have warmed up a little bit it all goes back to the noise level of what it was when i bought the pc just over 1 year ago. the stock shader settings for my card are 950 but ive overclocked it to 1500 sometimes when folding. ive managed to complete about 200 units on the card " not including the many many ones that haveeue'd on me" is it save to run the gpu client on this card? also by using the nvidia system monitor i can see that when folding on the card the temp goes up to about 80c is this ok or is it too hot?

thanks for any help

fumper

Any of you had a wu of 1 million (PS3)? I've got one and its taking ages to finish.

Superior Member

ive had a few of those. will take about 36 hours from start to finish and i think there worth about 1200 ish points

Do these have a deadline? I don't want to keep getting these 1M wu's.

Superior Member

they do have a deadline but i think its about 30 days or somthing like that
    Folding@Home points

check this link for your work unit number and it will tell you the deadline

Cheers for the link, managed to finish p4044 half an hour ago. Pretty big points.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by fumper View Post
    is my graphics card on the way out?
    ive not been folding on it much lately but when i start the pc up from cold the fan on my nvidia 8600gt card makes a bit of a louder noise than usual. a bit rattley almost like something is a bit loose. after a few moments when things have warmed up a little bit it all goes back to the noise level of what it was when i bought the pc just over 1 year ago. the stock shader settings for my card are 950 but ive overclocked it to 1500 sometimes when folding. ive managed to complete about 200 units on the card " not including the many many ones that haveeue'd on me" is it save to run the gpu client on this card? also by using the nvidia system monitor i can see that when folding on the card the temp goes up to about 80c is this ok or is it too hot?

thanks for any help

fumper
    I had a 8600 GTS, had it running for around 12 months and completed 1200ish WUs with it. Have to say though the GPU did start acting up and dying a death, i replaced it along with a new motherboard, CPU and RAM.

The card is capable of folding, but is only just in the minimum specs for the project, and is among the worst to fold on.

Oh and my new GPU, 275 GTX has been running at around 92 degrees and been fine, its around 80ish now with the cold weather.

As long as your GPU isn't acting weird during normal operation, weird graphic glitches etc then its fine.

Superior Member

thanks for the advice

Super Elite
    Well my GPU reached 1000 WUs last night, thats within 4 months if buying it, rather impressive. My PS3 has just gone onto 1902 WUs, so thats around 1700ish for my default CPU clients over the entire project.

I just transferred over to the SMP client for my Quad Core, and seems to be on par with 4x Single core clients.

I just got Windows 7, and every thing is working fine, but the GPU client crashes the system every time it starts a new WU, so ive had to go back onto Vista for now, until the GPU client is stable on Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
    I just got Windows 7, and every thing is working fine, but the GPU client crashes the system every time it starts a new WU, so ive had to go back onto Vista for now, until the GPU client is stable on Windows 7.
    I've been running Windows 7 with two GPU clients for a while now. Looks like, I installed the RTM version of windows 7 back on July 25th. I was running RC and betas before that.

If new work units are crashing your client, I'd try reinstalling your video drivers. Also check the official folding@home forums over at http://foldingforum.org/index.php

For what its worth, I'm running Driver 190.38 on two GeForce GTX 280's. Windows 7 is 64bit.
    I ride submarines...

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsJon View Post
    I've been running Windows 7 with two GPU clients for a while now. Looks like, I installed the RTM version of windows 7 back on July 25th. I was running RC and betas before that.

If new work units are crashing your client, I'd try reinstalling your video drivers. Also check the official folding@home forums over at http://foldingforum.org/index.php

For what its worth, I'm running Driver 190.38 on two GeForce GTX 280's. Windows 7 is 64bit.
    Its been to no avail im afraid, i did start a thread on the offical forums, but they where of little help, new drivers didn't help and neither did reinstalling the client.

Just to clarify, its not just on a new WU, any time a WU is restarted the system crashes.

No biggie really, I'm back on my Vista 32 bit for now, will go back to 7 once its been bugged fixed etc.

Forum Elder
    I'm been running one instance of the GPU client on Windows 7 64-bit and it's is fine. (RTM since the summer like eyesurgery - God bless MSDN.)

Treefrog, did you try running it in Vista compatibility mode?
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    I'm been running one instance of the GPU client on Windows 7 64-bit and it's is fine. (RTM since the summer like eyesurgery - God bless MSDN.)

Treefrog, did you try running it in Vista compatibility mode?
    Yup, tried everything I could, must be cursed at the moment as it seems im one of only a handfull to have a freezing copy of Assassins Creed 2.

No great loss really, im happy with Vista for now. Ill have to try Win 7 again.

Superior Member
    I'm back in the game with folding..recently bought a ps3 slim and I'll try to run F@H.

Folding name is the same as my psn id: ztmike99

Superior Member
    Since this thread is beyond dead, thought I would give an update and say that my folding is now ranked the second BEST out of the whole ps3forums f@h team..but that wasn't to hard to accomplish as only a handful (if that) are folding.

I give most of my folding thanks to my little Nvidia 8800GT graphics card in my computer..this thing is pwning the WUs.

My ps3 slim is taking about 6 hours to complete one. (300,000 WUs I seem to be getting) which is a bit odd since I have the ps3 f@h setting set to "advanced"

Thread Information