Page 258 of 260 FirstFirst ... 248258 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 6490
    PSN ID
    Demented007
    I got myself a different tower. I did a little trading with a guy at work, and got a Dell optiplex GX620, that has a pentium D dual core in it, that runs at 3.0ghz. I also threw my Nvidia GeForce in it also. What I did was build 2 Dell GX270's, that run at 3.2ghz, and threw in a ATi 9800 pro gpu in each of them. This thing run's really smooth, and have no complaints. It seems like it cruses through the w/u's a little faster than my other computers, not surprising. I also just got finished downloading 2 monitor programs from EOF, which one monitors my cpu performance, clocking, memory, ect. The other one is called speedfan, which you can change the fan speeds, and the clocking speeds. Speedfan also monitors the temp of your HDD, and you can place it on your toolbar. The hottest HDD I got, was running at 133F, but now is currently at 127F, man that is hot! But it seems to be running fine though.

Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites trouble. (Prov 10:14)...... PSN ID: Demented007

PSN ID
    Demented007
    I just got my all time high on w/u's complete! I got 1,336 w/u's done for January. I wonder what I will get for Feb, depend's on the w/u's I guess. I am still thinking about doing gpu folding, whenever I can afford it.

Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites trouble. (Prov 10:14)...... PSN ID: Demented007

Super Elite
    You seem to go through a huge amount of WU's. I usually get 350 to 400 done for around the same number of points a month.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    Demented007
    It's because of all the machines I run, they run 24/7, and never stop, unless I have a power outage, which is really rare. Plus, I've made some small changes with some of my pc's, to help performance, nothin big though. I think it depends on some of the w/u's my pc's do. Each of them do 2-3 w/u's a day. Then I got 7-9 PS3's doing 3-4 w/u's a day, depends how much gaming is goin on over here. Im hoping that Sony drops the price of the PS3 another notch, then it's on like donkey kong! LOL! The trick is, to buy used PS3's, or broken ones, it's still cheeper than getting new one's, then I get the broken one's fixed by Sony, easy money. I'll get a second job, just to get more PS3's if I need to. I am going to get at least 5 more consoles to finish my farm.
    Last edited by Gameoholic007; 02-02-2011 at 04:21.

Super Elite
    What's your energy bill like with all that going? Just my ps3 and pc in my bedroom is enough to warm the place up .

Have to say my 3 clients vs your farm, seems to be an equal fight for now.

PSN ID
    Demented007
    My power bill differ's depending if it's summer, or winter. I live in Oklahoma right now, so it's colder than crap! We just had a big snow storm that hit the cental U.S.on tuesday. Now we have another storm coming in tonight. But anyways, my pc's don't run that hard because of the cold, so they keep my living room pretty warm to a point, I have 12 of them running in here all the time. But, in the summer, it's different, because when it gets about 80-90 degrees outside, well the cooling systems get extremly warm, so the fans start to kick up a notch or two. So what happens is, it creats a domino affect to themselves, and when they all start heating up, it's like a huge heat wave coming from them. So, what I had to do is, I bought a 12,000 BTU a/c system, to counter attack the heat. But, my power bill was going through the roof, so I had to adjust my monthly bugdet, so I could afford to keep everything running. That means, I stopped buying video games, except the big titles that come out, if they are worth the $. The rest of the games, I have a rental account, so I just rent them, so it all works out. I own over 100 PS3 games, so it's like I don't have anything to play. LOL! The point difference isn't really far off from me and you. I saw that you, and mynameisjon were overclocking gpu's, so I had to figure out something to get me into a better position. Well, since I know how to build pc's, and I have the all the programs for them, I just started constructing everything together. Oh yeah, and I also own about 115 pc's all together, so everything was in my favor. I also upgraded my internet, by buying another 4 port wireless router, that divides my broadband up evenly, so my pc's, and all my PS3's would not have any collision problems. So, what I did was made half my pc's wireless, and my PS3's are all wireless, and everything came together. So, having 2, 4 port wireless modem/routers behind me, it allow's me to be able to have up to 40- 50 wireless devices connected, and running at the same time, if I have a strong enough broadband signal avalible. So, here in the very near future, guess what im going to be doing? More clients are going to become active, but im not going to tell everything what I have in plan, and what's already in the work's, it's a surprise. All I'll say is, everybody will see the wrath of what im doing, in time. LOL! It's goin to be awsome!

Super Elite
    Wow, well good luck to you there, seems like you know what your doing.

Have to admit that when ever I upgrade my system, its always to better my F@H performance and not for video games, although I like to think so. I won't be upgrading until at least the start of next year, I upgraded at just the wrong time last time, and missed out on pretty much the new CPU slots and DDR3 by about 2 or 3 months. Although I should be better this time, only need to upgrade the MB/CPU/RAM/GPU in 2012, every thing else is re-usable.

Oh and my overheating GPU problem I've now solved. Turns out I forgot to replug in my front fan from when I last upgraded, so my push/pull air flow was really only exhausting the hot air, and not pulling in the cool air, after the fix my GPUs gone down 10C .

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Well, im still learning about overclocking cpu's, you have to be carefull when bumping up the clock performance, you can fry your system, or lock it up,or your pc will just shut down. Im running pent 4's, but the clock speed is pretty fast, for a single core, single chip setup. Im going to use one of my pc's as a test subject, to see how it turns out. If I destroy it, no big deal. Im going to be downloading a program, that lets you adjust your clock speed, but I need to be very careful, and do the adjustment little by little, to see how far I can push it. But, since my pc's have only one fan, that sit's behind the big heat sink, I need to control the fan speed, because it's going to produce more heat. I did some looking around, and found external fan controlers, that you can install into the second cd slot in the cabnet, and it's touch screen! It can handle up to 5 fans, and it's only $24.99/EUR19.04. The controler is really smooth looking with the LCD display. So it will allow me to manually adjust the fan speed, according to temp, or it can adjust automaticlly. The ratings are really good, 4 out of 5 stars. Thats awsome that you got the GPU issue solved, now your system can breath, and it's good that your GPU didn't get damaged, that would suck. Sorry I talk alot, I don't get to talk to many people about folding, or computers. Either they don't care, or they don't understand what im talking about. As you can see, it's almost the size of a novel! LOL! I just like to explain in detail. Plus, there is only a handful of us left keeping the team alive, and that makes me sad, because one of the reasons is I also have a mental condition called bipolar, and it's tough day by day dealing with it. So, I wanted to help as much as I can, to hopefully help find cures, for people that suffer every single day, and I will continue to fold to my grave. I don't care to much about the scores, those are just numbers, it's the w/u's that count, and I try to get as many done as possible.

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Hey Treeefrog, did you shut down one of your GPU's, your numbers are lower than usual? I was just wondering, usually your cranking them out. Your not having GPU problems, are ya?I've also noticed that Fumper has been neutral for almost 2 weeks now. Everybody has there reason though, it's all good.
    Last edited by Gameoholic007; 02-05-2011 at 20:20.

Super Elite
    Ha ha ha, no I decided to play Silent Hunter 3, for around 5 hours. My ps3 had that epic 1day 12 hour WUs. So only a few thousand for yesterday, should get a huge amount today though

Last edited by Treefrog; 02-06-2011 at 00:42.

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Oh yeah, you would need to stop the folding for that, I found out the hard way, when I was doing gpu folding, and I forgot that it was on, and I went on the Internet. My gpu crashed. It was all good, I just restarted it. Those 1day, 15hr w/u's do take forever. Whats funny is, when one of my PS3's get's one, the other 6 get them too.

Super Elite
    Well another milestone for me, 10,000 WUs, woot!

The reapplied cooling seems to have made a difference, getting more PPD because of that.

I seriously want one of the new Intel Sandybridges, they have some serious PPD potential. For instance my Core2Quad at 2.66 GHz, gets a SMP WU (6068.) done in around 25 hours for around 1300 points. A 2600K at 3.4 GHz would get the same WU done for around 3000 points every 5 hours. Thats 14,400 PPD!

Think I'll hang in till the Intel Ivybridges arrive later this year/early 2012, 20% less power on 22nm, should be awesome .

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Congrats on doing 10,000 w/u's, that is definitly a milestone to reach! If you don't mind me asking Treefrog, what do you mean by reaplying the cooling? I am trying to figure out how to improve the airflow in my pc's. The problem is, my Dell's motherboards will not allow me to adjust the fan speeds at all, which is no surprise, since the pc's are mainly fixed office/home pc's. Dell won't let you adjust anything, like fan speeds, or clocking performance, which really sucks. So, I think I found a solution to the fan speed issue. I found what is called external fan controllers, that you can control your fans manually, so I am goin to check them out sometime, I found them on Newegg.com. For overclocking the cpu's, im still looking for a overclocking program. A lot of people say you can't overclock a Dell, w/Pentium 4's, but other's say different. I want to run my pc's cpu's at 100%, instead of 50%. Im still on the hunt though. If you have any suggestion's, please let me know, i've been looking for a while now. Again, congrats on your 10,000, thats awsome!

Super Elite
    Well my PCs air flow system is based around the concept of pulling cool air from the front of the tower, into the system. At the back of the tower there are more fans to blow out the warm air, so the CPU fan and GPU fan breath in cool air and exhale the warm air. Without my front fan working the system wasn't taking in cool air, so the temps inside would keep going higher through reuse of the stagnant air.

Have to say Dells reputation does precede its self. Me and my mate used to make fun out of them all the time. I don't see why a fan controller wouldn't work, don't use any my self so can't really recommend any ones for ya.

Don't really know of any CPU overclockers, the nVidia drivers come with their own overclocking panel, I usually just buy the best CPU I can and bolt on a aftermarket cooler, does the trick for me.

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Well, with Dell being a manufactured pc, I can't really upgrade too much on them. With you having a self-build pc, that's way different, you can upgrade just about anything on them, it's like day/night between the two. I have no need for a self-build, I don't game on pc's, I just process with them. Thats why I like the gpu processing, you can just throw one in, and let it rip without upgrading too much at all, depends what your running. I just got done doing another search, and found some pretty good info. Im going to get my wife in on it, she's the pc brain. She should be able to help me find the program for oc the cpu if it is possible. I just have to be careful, they don't make Pent 4's anymore, and they are a bit expensive. Im glad I got spare chip's, and motherboards. I really have nothing to comlain about though, I got all these pc's for free, can't beat that! The search continues!

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoBohemian View Post
    Have they published any "results" from all this folding yet? Any concrete medical breakthroughs?
    They have a results page with all the released peer reviewed papers from folding. I wouldn't say they've gone as far as anything vitally ground breaking with this project yet, then again all their papers are rather technical. I'm sure they'll shout from the rooftops if they discover anything life altering.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Papers

Superior Member

back on the folding game again for a bit.
    psn id fumper so go on add me. it makes sence

Superior Member

wahoooooooooo

just broke the 2500 wu milestone

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Just passed 6million points, and 26 thousand completed w/u's! Im totally excited, I never thought I would make it this far after all the years folding!

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameoholic007 View Post
    Just passed 6million points, and 26 thousand completed w/u's! Im totally excited, I never thought I would make it this far after all the years folding!
    Congrats.

I'm really only a month behind you in points terms, and too be honest we seem to be the only 2 heavy hitting folders left within our team, until MyNameIsJon turns up again. Sad to see the team in its lowly state, from the heavens it used to be.

You tried out the v7 beta client yet, works just great with my machine.

PSN ID
    Demented007
    No, I haven't got to try the v7 yet. I have not been able to get into doing any GPU clients yet, im still doing cpu. I ended up moving to AZ back in march, and had to shut all my machines off for 2 months, till I got my own place. Then, I was laid off from my job in the beginning of June, so I have been held back from getting GPU's like I wanted. So, everything is on hold till I get back to work. I do want to get my computers off of cpu folding though, I'll get more done. Im only running 4 computers right now, because of higher electrical rates in this area. I was wondering what happend to mynameisjon. I know he shuts down sometimes, then he comes back eventually. I was just looking at our team list last night, and yeah, you and I are pretty much holding the team above water now, till mynameisjon comes back, then it's only us 3. Its pretty depressing, specially when our team was really strong at the beginning. Our team rank has fallen big time.

if ur team is with the ps3forum, id be on it for sure. folding@home is one of the best thing u can do when ur not using ur ps3.

Superior Member

just started to fold again but it seems the servers for the ps3 client are down.

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Yeah, one of the PS3 servers went down yesterday. Then, the primary server went down after because of the work load it took, so now both are down. All my PS3's are sitting and waiting.

Superior Member

looks like the ps3 servers are up and running again. just got a wu on my ps3

Thread Information