Page 260 of 260 FirstFirst ... 250260
Results 6,476 to 6,490 of 6490

PSN ID
    xRaZor913
    Thanks

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Just saw this, and I joined! I know the thread is old but wanted to join anyway!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

PSN ID
    nosdrugis
    Just stopping by to drop kudos to your team.
    Keep up the great work, team PS3Forums.com!
    Team Homelings recently cracked 5,000,000 points.
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...teamnum=208165

Superior Member

is it safe to run folding at home on an imac with windows 7 installed. i just picked up a 27" imac with 2.7GHZ i5 and was wondering what kind of ppd i could get and if its safe to run the smp client on an imac for long periods of time?
    psn id fumper so go on add me. it makes sence

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by fumper View Post
    is it safe to run folding at home on an imac with windows 7 installed. i just picked up a 27" imac with 2.7GHZ i5 and was wondering what kind of ppd i could get and if its safe to run the smp client on an imac for long periods of time?
    You should know my folding setup by now, been the same for almost 2 years now. I've got a Windows 7 64, setup with a 2.66 Ghz Quad Core Q8400. I could get around 4k PPD if i let it stay on 24/7. Both my GPU and CPU have been rock solid for the 2 years that I've been running folding.

Forum Elder
    Hi everyone. A few things to report (none of which is great news). First is that I have finally updated the OP. Within the past year, my mother was diagnosed with brain cancer and passed away. Just thinking about this project served as a painful reminder of her death.

Nonetheless, projects like these are the hope that we can solve some of these horrific diseases so it's time that I man-up, so to speak.

Also, Sony has announced that they are removing Life with PlayStation (including Folding@Home) from the PS3 with an update at the end of this month:
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/22/3...3-folding-home

This is probably only somewhat a surprise considering how the GPU has vastly outpaced the performance of regular CPU clients and especially the PS3.

In light of this revelation and the fact that this site is no longer PS3Forums, I am changing the team name to the PSU.com F@H Team.
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    Hi everyone. A few things to report (none of which is great news). First is that I have finally updated the OP. Within the past year, my mother was diagnosed with brain cancer and passed away. Just thinking about this project served as a painful reminder of her death.

Nonetheless, projects like these are the hope that we can solve some of these horrific diseases so it's time that I man-up, so to speak.

Also, Sony has announced that they are removing Life with PlayStation (including Folding@Home) from the PS3 with an update at the end of this month:
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/22/3...3-folding-home

This is probably only somewhat a surprise considering how the GPU has vastly outpaced the performance of regular CPU clients and especially the PS3.

In light of this revelation and the fact that this site is no longer PS3Forums, I am changing the team name to the PSU.com F@H Team.
    Sorry to hear about your Mums death. Especially to cancer, never seems fair or right.

Im sorry to hear about Sonys decision to end the F@H project on PS3. Has been a good run though, available for around 4 years.

The GPU and SMP versions have made the PS3 client a little slow and dawdling in comparison, but Stanford have kept up support for it, and they always try to keep using older clients for as long as they can afterwards, so perhaps not updating is an option.

I hope we can get more members onto the team, after this switch, its a great way to be charitable in a rather nerdy way, which I love. Ill keep going as long as the project as a whole exists.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Mums death. Especially to cancer, never seems fair or right.

Im sorry to hear about Sonys decision to end the F@H project on PS3. Has been a good run though, available for around 4 years.

The GPU and SMP versions have made the PS3 client a little slow and dawdling in comparison, but Stanford have kept up support for it, and they always try to keep using older clients for as long as they can afterwards, so perhaps not updating is an option.

I hope we can get more members onto the team, after this switch, its a great way to be charitable in a rather nerdy way, which I love. Ill keep going as long as the project as a whole exists.
    Thanks for your kind words. I've got a Q6600 and GTX550Ti now folding. I finally got around to overclocking the CPU from 2.4GHz to 3.2GHz so I should be able to make a bigger dent.
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Still cranking away with my 7 PS3's, just got done rebuilding all of them. Hopefully I will have number 8 up and running soon. Im shooting for 12 folding PS3s for my goal. @Lionel- really sorry to hear about your mom. I lost a really good buddy to throat cancer in 09, and my wife got cancer in 2001, and fought it till 2006 when she beat it thank God. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. =)
    By the way, I still have folding on my PS3 after the update. Maybe it's deleted if you don't have it intalled?

Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites trouble. (Prov 10:14)...... PSN ID: Demented007

PSN ID
    Demented007
    Well, apparently Sony has pulled the plug for folding entirly for the ps3, to the point where Standford shut the servers down completely. So, im out of the game now since Sony has shown how much they actually care about things. Right now, im getting ready to sell all my equipment, which is a huge loss to me. Hopefully, I will return in the future with GPU's, but for right now im licking my wounds. Treefrog, enjoy second place, it was good teaming up with you for the cause. God Bless everyone. =)

Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites trouble. (Prov 10:14)...... PSN ID: Demented007

11. Likes Treefrog likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameoholic007 View Post
    Well, apparently Sony has pulled the plug for folding entirly for the ps3, to the point where Standford shut the servers down completely. So, im out of the game now since Sony has shown how much they actually care about things. Right now, im getting ready to sell all my equipment, which is a huge loss to me. Hopefully, I will return in the future with GPU's, but for right now im licking my wounds. Treefrog, enjoy second place, it was good teaming up with you for the cause. God Bless everyone. =)
    Was nice having a running mate in this project, you'll be very much missed I hope to see you folding again sometime in the future.

Ill be in the team till the bitter end of existence.

GPUs and the SMP are the way to go in the future, they crank out so many more WUs and points then the PS3 ever could, it makes some sense to stop using it for folding now.

Superior Member

wow almost a year with no posts.
    gonna be doing a bit of folding on imac for a bit to bump up the team ranks a bit. lol

Superior Member

only 3 members in this team still folding. i wish i could do some on my imac but money is tight and cant really afford the energy costs.

Banned
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Blimey - people still doing this?! I take my hat off to you all.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd probably still do it if it was on PS3, Life with PlayStation was a pretty interesting app.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Thread Information