Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

PS3 Wireless Internet Problems

Does anyone know solve this problem. I go on Internet Connection Settings and choose Wireless then Scan it finds the connection it then goes onto the SSID bit but i can't continue so i press edit then enter it then says 'The characters you are using are not valid. Only ASCII characters can be used here.' (The SSID is BTVOYAGER1500-cd) so i press edit again and see that there is a little down arrow next to the d so i press square and enter, i can now continue my wireless has no security so i select None and select Easy as the Adress Setting it then says ' The access point was not detected (8013030F)'
    my PSP my laptop my sisters laptop and my dads one can all connect to it so why can't my PS3. Is anyone else experiencing then same problem?

Dedicated Member
    I think i have the same router.

What you do is get the numbers and letters off the base of the router. This is called the WEP key. When you do to set your connection up again, be sure to put this code in. I f doesn't work the first time, try again.

bob_s
    I had trouble setting the WEP information with the controller, I just plugged in a USB keyboard and it made the process so much quicker.

Apprentice

On the bottom of my router there is only a serial number a BSSID and a MAC address. Anyway i thought WEP was for security and out router has none.

Dedicated Member
    On the bottom of mine, theres a pink sticker saying Wireless Key.If you dont have one of those, ignore me.

If you do have one,then the only way i could get online wirelessly was by typing in that key.
    |42" HD Plasma 1080P|5.1 Surround Sound|60 GB PS3|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KILLZONED!!

Im having trouble i need to establish an internet connection so i can try to update my system but druing the setup constantly get a message and i even typed the WEP in correctly "The Access Point was not detected(8013030F)"

Super Elite
    Use your laptop to get online with it.
    PS3 Owner Since UK Launch Day - March 23rd 2007
    Now playing - BlazBlue - Calamity Trigger [import] / The King of Fighters XII / Bayonetta [import]

Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    Use your laptop to get online with it.

I tried that before i encountered the wireless network problems....but then tried to make it re-scan for a modem signal and entering the WEP key for auhentication and it finally worked but the signal strength is a stinky 55% percent(somewhat) weak

My Wireless

Hi, i wanted to go wireless with my console, so i searched for wireless devices via my Playstation 3, it picked up my wireless router, went through several screens and then appeared the connection test, once i done this it said i could not find the IP?

do you know how i can resolve this?

Thanks

mak sure you get the WEP serial key and put it in that box, some connections dont need them but for the best connection and usual one u need it.
    Nooo, that's the same technique that 60 Minutes uses to get that guy to admit he's selling heroin to pre-schoolers...

RHO.

sumtimes wireless phones or just 2many wireless things on in ur house can cause err to connect to ur ps3 internet if sum1 is on the phone wireless tell them to hang up the phone or anything wireless turn it off this might or should help an if it keeps up just bye a better router they have game routers they cost about 100 to 200 dollars but what i suggested should work

Quote Originally Posted by O_o View Post
    Does anyone know solve this problem. I go on Internet Connection Settings and choose Wireless then Scan it finds the connection it then goes onto the SSID bit but i can't continue so i press edit then enter it then says 'The characters you are using are not valid. Only ASCII characters can be used here.' (The SSID is BTVOYAGER1500-cd) so i press edit again and see that there is a little down arrow next to the d so i press square and enter, i can now continue my wireless has no security so i select None and select Easy as the Adress Setting it then says ' The access point was not detected (8013030F)'
    my PSP my laptop my sisters laptop and my dads one can all connect to it so why can't my PS3. Is anyone else experiencing then same problem?
    I am having this exact problem I had BT HomeHub then just changed to Virgin Broadband. PS3 detects the source but then says the SSID is incorrect but unlike guy above I don't have a little down arrow next to the name. Something to do with e ASCII is incorrect. The installer of the router created the name and the WEP key does this have any relation to the problem?

PLEASE HELP ANYONE

I've never heard of this problem before.

Sounds like the PS3 doesn't like your SSID name.

Go into the settings of your router (using a computer etc) and change the SSID (name your router broadcasts) to something else and try then.
    Try a simple name (avoid using dashes etc).

If you're not sure on how to access your router settings, just search your router name and/or model on Google etc

Yeah the original name included capitals and spaces, we removed these and it seemed to work, I think it was the space to was giving it problems.

Thanks for your advice!

Once again, I don't have the posts to start my own thread so here's the hi-jackey...

My 40GB died recently and was replaced with a new 80GB model. Since the switch it seems to take much longer for my PS3 to establish a wireless connection and/or a connection to PSN. Before it was almost instant, usually by the time the PS3 booted, it was already connected. Now it seems that the connection isn't established for several minutes.

Nothing in my wireless network has changed. The only other thing I can think of is maybe the new firmware-'life with sony' is causing the delay. Any thoughts?

I can only think of two possible reasons, the signal strength could be weaker on your new PS3 for some reason although I think it would be something else. You could try turning of the media servers in the settings as i have found that i lose connection a lot less since I turned these off.

Thread Information