View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 421 of 658 FirstFirst ... 411421431 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 16439
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    anyone got a good stream?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Tven View Post
    TNA comment before this thread goes RR crazy: that bully ray powerbomb off the corner thru the table brought back the memories of most of the wwe women's roster getting that fate 10+ years ago, u'd never see that now
    I thought the exact same thing. However, Bubba always used to plant his ass through the table most of the time, and only did what he did on Impact to the guys. But still, it was old school!

All the talk about who's going to win the Royal Rumble: I'll be happy if Jericho or Sheamus wins it, but I'll be pretty over the moon if either Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes won it, but I doubt those latter two will ever win it tonight.

Done.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    anyone got a good stream?
    Want me to pm it or just whack it on here?

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Want me to pm it or just whack it on here?
    either way
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran

Miqo'te Bard
    NO $#@!ING WAY!!!

Wait.....WTF GJ WWE creative team. I have to say RR impressed me. I liked the surprises, the matches where better than usual. Good start for a new year.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 01-30-2012 at 03:49.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What a crock of $#@!, awful average PPV......and the winner of the rumble?? are you $#@!ing kidding me?!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Elite

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    ^^ Wow, you are easily pleased!

11. Likes yourmumsface17 likes this post
    Veteran
    I don't know how to do spoiler tags so don't look if you don't want to be spoiler
    SPOILERS

I hated this years rumble. Sorry to contrast Xmen but I stayed up to watch it and all I got was a glorified Raw with a ridiculous amount of adverts.
    1. Way too many ads, the Cena and Rock videos were pathetic, no need to put these on a PPV, no one pays 15 quid to see those. Cena's one was the typical suck up to him and I thought The Rock's made him look like a douchebag to be honest, I'm pretty sure they didn't even acknowledge he is a 7? time champion. You could be forgiven for thinking Wrestlemania is Cena vs Random douche guy celeb (aka K Fed.)
    2. Cena v Kane was fine, you can't have Cena losing before facing Rock. Am fine with that. What I am not fine with is his mannerisms again, douchy smiley goofbag, where was the anger from Raw?
    3. Bryan retaining, no complaints, keep his momentum going.
    4. Brodus Clay - what a waste of time that was, the Rumble is literally 2 hours time wasting with adverts and squashes till the rumble starts.
    5. Punk v Ziggler - Thought Punk got a huge ovation, good to see everyone is taking to him, he could become the new face of the company one day you know. Really good match till the weird kind of cluster ending which I don't even understand to be honest. I absolutely loved the way Cole was going on about Lauranitus at the end couldn't stop laughing.
    6. Now to The Rumble. Firstly, it was the biggest jobberific Rumble ever I mean if they were gonna go that route they should have made 1 - 2 bigger stars (Orton) come in say around number 15 and last a long time, I mean Orton's run was pathetic (still injured?). I absolutely loved the announcers coming in Cole saying "It should be left to the people who can actually wrestles" *His number comes out* "I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA" Ricardo was great too.
    7. Now onto the winner, I am not unhappy Sheamus won but I am unhappy Jericho didn't win. If Jericho wasn't in the rumble I would have been pleasantly suprised Sheamus got the win, however he was, so let me get this straight... They give Jericho weeks of videos, months even, he comes back and is mute. The entire WWE fan base is curious as to what he has to say, absolutely desperate to hear the first words come out of his mouth.... It eventually does he says "The end of the world will come at the rumble". ... So I think it is reasonable to say something BIG is going down at the rumble (I assumed Jericho would cost Punk the belt, but that's another matter.) so when you see Jericho come out (BTW he has the best entrance in WWE right now.) you assume only he can win - or he eliminates himself and declares himself to big for the title (Or some nonsense) or something DIFFERENT. What does he do? $#@! all that's what, he becomes a standard superstar and loses. All that build? For what? To put Sheamus over? What a crock. They better sort it on Raw tonight.
    8. I also would like to say King is the most cack commentator ... maybe in the world, his insult towards Cole are like something a 6 year old would say. Cole was owning him time and time "I lasted longer in the rumble and I beat you at wrestlemanie" The one problem I do have with the announce team is that sometimes they are so busy arguing they forget about the action. They almost completely forgot to announce Ezeikel Jackson because of some squabble. Rule number one announcers, your job is to talk up the talent in the ring.
    9. Errm anything else? Don't think I missed anything, so there sucky PPV Ziggler v Punk was the best bit, par that I am pretty sure this time next month I won't even be able to remember the card.

13. Likes 33x likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    was a joke of a PPV and i have watched every single RR show since the first one, and this had to be the worse one ever

No undertaker, no unexpected events and surprise's. Really bad 25th RR PPV
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    It was great that they let Ricardo stay in there for just a few minutes. Would loved to have seen him in there for longer. He's a character!

While I admire the way Brodus Clay is playing his character, it has already gotten boring for me. The first two weeks were a surprise, and a little fun, but now it's worn off and he's just squashing people that it feels like his character is never going to go anywhere. I keep expecting him to switch at any point and turn into a dominating heel, as we were all expecting with his return promos for weeks.

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    was a joke of a PPV and i have watched every single RR show since the first one, and this had to be the worse one ever

No undertaker, no unexpected events and surprise's. Really bad 25th RR PPV
    No surprises???? You shemus winning was not a surprise???? I don't think anyone picked him how about kharama?? The announcers entering that surprised me cause I do not recall a time an announcer enter rumble while announcing same time. I know it is very bizzarre jericho didn't win, but they have big plans for him I am sure. With hhh on raw tonight he will prob mention the streak and between today and elimination chamber taker will come back.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    you misunderstood me, the WWE always has surprise's and shemus winning was not a surprise. Because they had the ability to make him win it anyways and to be honest

Failed to impress me this RR really sucked and i am being as blunt as i dear be and the fact nothing out of the ordinary happened, made me wonder why did i even bother watching
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    If you think about it, it's a big change from what happened last year.
    At WrestleMania 27, a US title match between Daniel Bryan and Sheamus was bumped from the main show and was a dark match (I believe) before the show went on the air. At 28, the same match, for the World Heavyweight title, is potentially going to be a main event match! And from what I've heard from interviews with the top "superstars" currently in the WWE, although Sheamus is close with Triple H, he is well liked backstage and classed as one of the best workers in the ring, so one could argue that he is deserving of competing in the top picture once again, and he is well over with the fans.

I'm just more surprised that they've given this opportunity to a European individual, as opposed to mostly American and Canadian individuals in the past. I wish him all the best.

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    If you think about it, it's a big change from what happened last year.
    At WrestleMania 27, a US title match between Daniel Bryan and Sheamus was bumped from the main show and was a dark match (I believe) before the show went on the air. At 28, the same match, for the World Heavyweight title, is potentially going to be a main event match! And from what I've heard from interviews with the top "superstars" currently in the WWE, although Sheamus is close with Triple H, he is well liked backstage and classed as one of the best workers in the ring, so one could argue that he is deserving of competing in the top picture once again, and he is well over with the fans.

I'm just more surprised that they've given this opportunity to a European individual, as opposed to mostly American and Canadian individuals in the past. I wish him all the best.
    yeah I think most of can agree that when Shemus first got title we where shocked and wondered why. he was not very good, had no personality, and only got it cause of HHH. When he won it again he was a bit better, but still more of a mid card. then after he won King of the Ring something happen and he was doghoused. Now tho yes he earned it. He has def worked hard in all skills. Shemus vs Bryan I would go to Miami for that.

20. Likes Molo316 likes this post
    Elite Member
    I don't know how to do spoiler tags so don't look if you don't want to be spoiler
    SPOILERS

I hated this years rumble. Sorry to contrast Xmen but I stayed up to watch it and all I got was a glorified Raw with a ridiculous amount of adverts.
    1. Way too many ads, the Cena and Rock videos were pathetic, no need to put these on a PPV, no one pays 15 quid to see those. Cena's one was the typical suck up to him and I thought The Rock's made him look like a douchebag to be honest, I'm pretty sure they didn't even acknowledge he is a 7? time champion. You could be forgiven for thinking Wrestlemania is Cena vs Random douche guy celeb (aka K Fed.)
    2. Cena v Kane was fine, you can't have Cena losing before facing Rock. Am fine with that. What I am not fine with is his mannerisms again, douchy smiley goofbag, where was the anger from Raw?
    3. Bryan retaining, no complaints, keep his momentum going.
    4. Brodus Clay - what a waste of time that was, the Rumble is literally 2 hours time wasting with adverts and squashes till the rumble starts.
    5. Punk v Ziggler - Thought Punk got a huge ovation, good to see everyone is taking to him, he could become the new face of the company one day you know. Really good match till the weird kind of cluster ending which I don't even understand to be honest. I absolutely loved the way Cole was going on about Lauranitus at the end couldn't stop laughing.
    6. Now to The Rumble. Firstly, it was the biggest jobberific Rumble ever I mean if they were gonna go that route they should have made 1 - 2 bigger stars (Orton) come in say around number 15 and last a long time, I mean Orton's run was pathetic (still injured?). I absolutely loved the announcers coming in Cole saying "It should be left to the people who can actually wrestles" *His number comes out* "I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA" Ricardo was great too.
    7. Now onto the winner, I am not unhappy Sheamus won but I am unhappy Jericho didn't win. If Jericho wasn't in the rumble I would have been pleasantly suprised Sheamus got the win, however he was, so let me get this straight... They give Jericho weeks of videos, months even, he comes back and is mute. The entire WWE fan base is curious as to what he has to say, absolutely desperate to hear the first words come out of his mouth.... It eventually does he says "The end of the world will come at the rumble". ... So I think it is reasonable to say something BIG is going down at the rumble (I assumed Jericho would cost Punk the belt, but that's another matter.) so when you see Jericho come out (BTW he has the best entrance in WWE right now.) you assume only he can win - or he eliminates himself and declares himself to big for the title (Or some nonsense) or something DIFFERENT. What does he do? $#@! all that's what, he becomes a standard superstar and loses. All that build? For what? To put Sheamus over? What a crock. They better sort it on Raw tonight.
    8. I also would like to say King is the most cack commentator ... maybe in the world, his insult towards Cole are like something a 6 year old would say. Cole was owning him time and time "I lasted longer in the rumble and I beat you at wrestlemanie" The one problem I do have with the announce team is that sometimes they are so busy arguing they forget about the action. They almost completely forgot to announce Ezeikel Jackson because of some squabble. Rule number one announcers, your job is to talk up the talent in the ring.
    9. Errm anything else? Don't think I missed anything, so there sucky PPV Ziggler v Punk was the best bit, par that I am pretty sure this time next month I won't even be able to remember the card.
    The RR was bad, and I'm just going to quote this; because these are my thoughts exactly.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Wow! My thoughts on the ending of Raw:
    Last edited by Molo316; 01-31-2012 at 04:28.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    that that was a awesome RAW, so much better than that $#@! ppv

the promo with punk/bryan

the cena/kane brawl

a great WRESTLING match between 2 of the best REAL wrestlers in the world

the actions by Y2J

the return of the undertaker with a wig!!

i really dont wanna see taker vs hhh again though.

the announcement of the RAW elimination chamber participants too!

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    ^^ Wow, you are easily pleased!
    No, I know what to expect from WWE, and this was a good PPV, especially by WWE standards. The surprises were good imo, I thought having the announcers join the Rumble was a nice touch, to each their own I guess.

Veteran
    If HHH ends the streak then so does my love affair with wrestling. I really want to see HBK v Taker one more time, and I know he is retired but they could easily find a way round that.

When Taker is ready to retire they could have Taker come out and talk about how it is his last match and he wants to face his toughest every opponent...HBK... they could even have HBK refuse for a few weeks saying he is enjoying retirement or some rubbish. Then maybe at 21-1 or 20-1 HBK ends the streak, because he is the only opponent who has deserved it in my eyes. He has helped cemement the legacy that is the streak.

So the card is shaping up.

Rock v Cena - winning
    Punk v Jericho - winning
    HHH v Taker -
    Beth v Kharma at WM? - winning
    Bryan v Sheamus (v Orton?) (v Barret?) - would be pleased with any combination of this.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    A few matches I would like to see.
    Miz v Foley
    MITB - Ziggler victory.
    Maybe the IC title defended, but I can't think of a midcard face who I'd like to pair with Cody. Meh just at random. Kofi?

Think if WWE pushes the card like this in some way.. it could go down as a really great WM; however I did think WM 26 was going to go down as a top one.

Miqo'te Bard
    If HHH ends the streak then so does my love affair with wrestling. I really want to see HBK v Taker one more time, and I know he is retired but they could easily find a way round that.

When Taker is ready to retire they could have Taker come out and talk about how it is his last match and he wants to face his toughest every opponent...HBK... they could even have HBK refuse for a few weeks saying he is enjoying retirement or some rubbish. Then maybe at 21-1 or 20-1 HBK ends the streak, because he is the only opponent who has deserved it in my eyes. He has helped cemement the legacy that is the streak.

So the card is shaping up.

Rock v Cena - winning
    Punk v Jericho - winning
    HHH v Taker -
    Beth v Kharma at WM? - winning
    Bryan v Sheamus (v Orton?) (v Barret?) - would be pleased with any combination of this.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    A few matches I would like to see.
    Miz v Foley
    MITB - Ziggler victory.
    Maybe the IC title defended, but I can't think of a midcard face who I'd like to pair with Cody. Meh just at random. Kofi?

Think if WWE pushes the card like this in some way.. it could go down as a really great WM; however I did think WM 26 was going to go down as a top one.
    I would like Beth vs Kharma to but rumors are it will be Beth vs Eve because Kharma still taking care of kid for a while. HBK will not come back. He wants to spend time with his family and has his hunting show. He may be referee tho they had rumors like that earlier. HHH vs Taker will be the last for both. Taker will win. Ziggler should win MITB, if anyone else does then that is stupid.

Veteran
    be Beth vs Eve because Kharma still taking care of kid for a while
    That would be horrific, we all want to see Beth v Kharma (We all wanted to see Beth v Natalia last year) so I suppose that guarantees we won't get it.

HBK will not come back. He wants to spend time with his family and has his hunting show. He may be referee tho they had rumors like that earlier
    Hey who knows? I mean down the line at say WM 30, I'm sure HBK would atleast consider one more 3 month feud with one more match; tasty pay cheque and gets to headline one more WM. I reckon he would do it.

HHH vs Taker will be the last for both. Taker will win. Ziggler should win MITB, if anyone else does then that is stupid.
    Yeah Ziggler should def take it, he's been consistently putting on the best matches for a long time now.

Master Poster
    The PPV was good, but i was expecting the Undertaker to return but oh well

anybody knows the name of the song on Cena's promo?

@yourmumsface17 one more HBK match?? HBK vs Undertaker III please!
    Last edited by The Cage; 01-31-2012 at 14:28.

Thread Information