Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 432 of 655 FirstFirst ... 422432442 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 16353
    Super Elite
    Do I live in a nice house with my GF or in my Moms basement? You decide!!
    I think I might've said this already a couple pages back, but it makes absolutely no sense for Rock to win. If he came back full time it wouldn't be a problem, but we all know he's not. What you have now is the WWE's biggest star vs a former star who just recently returned. Rock winning this match would be the same as Hogan beating Rock at WM18. Most people wanted Hogan to win that (mostly the older fans iirc) but it just wasn't logical for him to win - even though he actually [/i]was[/i] an active member of the roster, winning the WWE title less than 2 months after WM.

I don't know, I might be going too in-depth in the whole business side - even though I dont work there lol, but to me it just sounds like bad business to have Rock go over like Justintheman said.

Another reason Rock shouldn't go over could be compared to what TNA used to do. Anyone remember TNA being ****ing awesome in 2002-2004 when they were pushing their own stars as legit superstars (AJ Styles, AMW, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Petey Williams etc..). Then they started bringing in guys like Jeff Hardy, Christian, Kurt Angle and others, which was totally fine unless you look at their booking. They were old WWE stars that WWE didn't want for reasons like being drug addicts, or being nothing more than a midcarder. Off to TNA they are and just beat all their own stars, which in essence says WWE > TNA. Compare that to Rock vs Cena and you get a Hollywood celebrity > a full time WWE wrestler.
    Maybe I'm digging a bit too deep with that comparison, but honestly that's how I see it. I love The Rock, I really wish he'd beat the **** outta Cena, but I just can't see it happening.

tl;dr - Rock shouldn't win.

EDIT: btw, I dont think WWE will lose viewers if Cena stays face post-WM. They've had the same 4 million viewers for years now, really that number doesn't change under any circumstances unless it's a holiday or something huge happens (aka Rock returning).
    Last edited by XMW; 03-27-2012 at 14:28.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Men_Wolverine View Post
    I think I might've said this already a couple pages back, but it makes absolutely no sense for Rock to win. If he came back full time it wouldn't be a problem, but we all know he's not. What you have now is the WWE's biggest star vs a former star who just recently returned. Rock winning this match would be the same as Hogan beating Rock at WM18. Most people wanted Hogan to win that (mostly the older fans iirc) but it just wasn't logical for him to win - even though he actually [/i]was[/i] an active member of the roster, winning the WWE title less than 2 months after WM.

I don't know, I might be going too in-depth in the whole business side - even though I dont work there lol, but to me it just sounds like bad business to have Rock go over like Justintheman said.

Another reason Rock shouldn't go over could be compared to what TNA used to do. Anyone remember TNA being ****ing awesome in 2002-2004 when they were pushing their own stars as legit superstars (AJ Styles, AMW, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Petey Williams etc..). Then they started bringing in guys like Jeff Hardy, Christian, Kurt Angle and others, which was totally fine unless you look at their booking. They were old WWE stars that WWE didn't want for reasons like being drug addicts, or being nothing more than a midcarder. Off to TNA they are and just beat all their own stars, which in essence says WWE > TNA. Compare that to Rock vs Cena and you get a Hollywood celebrity > a full time WWE wrestler.
    Maybe I'm digging a bit too deep with that comparison, but honestly that's how I see it. I love The Rock, I really wish he'd beat the **** outta Cena, but I just can't see it happening.

tl;dr - Rock shouldn't win.

EDIT: btw, I dont think WWE will lose viewers if Cena stays face post-WM. They've had the same 4 million viewers for years now, really that number doesn't change under any circumstances unless it's a holiday or something huge happens (aka Rock returning).
    See if Cena wasn't this same character for the past 7 years, if he needed to be put over, I'd be for it (Hey, I would accept a Cena win if it gave him a character change) but he doesn't, Cena has won the title, what 11 times? (Is that right?) He has systematically raped the entire locker room, and buried absolutely everyone.

I understand how you wouldn't want the current top guy to look bad (Not that it matters to us) and business wise I get that they don't want that, however, I don't care about that, Cena winning in Miami, and getting booed out the building isn't exactly going to do him any favours. Cena doesn't need to win, Rock doesn't need to win, no one really needs to win this match, however a Rock win would be damn sweet!

I expect a Cena win though, Rock has been consistently unselfish throughout his career, chances are he will give Cena the win.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Another **** RAW, just when you think it cant get any worse it does. I will watch wrestlemania monday morning and watch RAW tuesday, if nothing has changed im done and the WWE can **** off.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Raw started off okay last night but then just went no where. There was hardly any confrontation leading into WrestleMania, which was a disappointment.

Anyway, is it on?

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hmmm I suddenly have an urge to play a wrestling game.

8 years and counting!

Super Elite
    I assume most people who post in this thread don't want anything concerning WM28 spoiled, and I understand that, so in the spoiler tags I'm posting a legit picture of the WM28 construction site - for those interested in how it'll look like. It also shows their sollution to there being no roof for the HIAC:

YouTube Editor
    Awesome! This will be the first Wrestlemania in a few years that I will order. Usually I just watch it several days later, but the card this year is too good to pass up.

8 years and counting!

Super Elite
    I usually watch it the day after it airs, but due to getting ****ed over with exams I will have to wait until Friday. Pretty bummed because the card looks great, I did watch 27 the day after it aired but I wasn't excited for that one at all, I am for this one but it'll have to wait as my exams are more important.

9. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Sky bet are taking bets on Wm, have got in there and bet on

Team Johnny, Kelly Kelly, Randy, Big Show, Sheamus, Punk, Taker, Cena to win.

11. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

I am looking on WM28 and feeling it will not be all that great. Besides the Undertaker match. The rest and espicially the rock match are in my opinion going to be so ****... Its not the same anymore and i hope its a winner. But i do not see it. I am going to watch the undertaker match and then turn the rest off. I am not even bothered anymore and i am not even going to watch the start, only the undertaker match

WM28 WILL BE A FAILURE IN MY OPINION

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I am looking on WM28 and feeling it will not be all that great. Besides the Undertaker match. The rest and espicially the rock match are in my opinion going to be so ****... Its not the same anymore and i hope its a winner. But i do not see it. I am going to watch the undertaker match and then turn the rest off. I am not even bothered anymore and i am not even going to watch the start, only the undertaker match

WM28 WILL BE A FAILURE IN MY OPINION
    As long as matches get a lot of time and they don't fill it with pointless promos /vid packages, i SHOULD be good.

14. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

Well one can hope... I actually hate the rock vs cena set up and all the others, besides the undertaker and triple h

It just does not feel right and the other matches will be in my opinion completely ****... I can not seeing these matches being what they truely need to be and that is epic.

YouTube Editor
    I think the Jericho vs. CM Punk match will steal the show. It will be a showcase of what wrestling was in the past (story telling within the ring), and how wrestling should become once more again today. In reality most of the talent in the WWE are mediocre wrestlers, instead they get by with their physical appearance, mic abilities, and proper booking. Hence John Cena.

8 years and counting!

17. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contacts:
    Investors: Michael Weitz 203-352-8642
    Media: Robert Zimmerman 203-359-5131
    WWE® Reports 2011 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results

STAMFORD, Conn., February 23, 2012 - WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced
    financial results for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2011. Revenues totaled
    $112.9 million as compared to $122.5 million in the prior year quarter. Operating loss
    was ($13.1) million as compared to Operating income of $14.4 million in the prior year
    quarter. Net loss was ($8.6) million, or ($0.12) per share, as compared to Net income of
    $8.1 million, or $0.11 per share, in the prior year quarter. Excluding the impact of film
    impairments and network related expenses in the current year quarter, Adjusted
    Operating income was $3.1 million as compared to $14.4 million in the prior year
    quarter. Adjusted Net income was $1.8 million, or $0.02 per share, as compared to $8.1
    million, or $0.11 per share, in the prior year quarter.
    “In 2011, we evaluated several paths for creating new programs and distributing all of
    our content in a way that optimizes its value. Executing this strategy effectively, including
    the potential creation of a WWE Network, has the power to transform our business,”
    stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “While we made
    significant progress toward this objective, our fourth quarter and full year results were
    impacted primarily by three items: significant non-cash film impairment charges
    stemming from the weak performance of our movie releases, strategic decisions to
    withhold several hours of previously licensed television content for distribution on other
    platforms, and initial start-up operating expenses associated with our emerging content
    and distribution strategy. Regarding the first item, we have taken several measures to
    improve the profitability of our movie business. And, regarding the other items, we
    believe that our ongoing investment to expand and maximize the value of our content is
    the most potent approach for driving our future earnings.”

Comparability of Results
    The current year quarter results included $12.2 million in film impairment charges related
    to our films The Reunion, Bending the Rules, Barricade, See No Evil, Knucklehead and
    The Chaperone. In addition, the current year quarter results included approximately $4.0
    million in network related expenses. In order to facilitate an analysis of our financial
    results on a more comparable basis, where noted, we have adjusted our results to
    exclude these items from our fourth quarter of 2011 results. Excluding the impact of
    these items, Adjusted Operating income decreased to $3.1 million and Adjusted EBITDA
    decreased to $7.2 million. (See Supplemental Information – Schedule of Adjustments).
    1Three Months Ended December 31, 2011 – Results by Business Segment
    Total revenues decreased 8% to $112.9 million driven by declines across all of our
    operating segments. Revenues from North America decreased by 9%, led by declines in
    our WWE Studios, Television, and WWE.com businesses. Revenues outside North
    America decreased 5%, primarily due to a decline in our Licensing business, which was
    partially offset by increased revenue in Live Events. Revenue from Asia Pacific and Latin
    America benefited from an increase in the number and the timing of our live events.
    Additionally, revenue growth in the Asia Pacific region reflected higher sales of licensed
    and home video products. There was no significant impact from changes in foreign
    exchange rates in the current year quarter.
    The following tables reflect net revenues by segment and by region for the three months
    ended December 31, 2011 and December 31, 2010. (Dollars in millions)
    Three Months Ended
    Net Revenues
    December 31,
    December 31,
    Live and Televised Entertainment ........................ $ 81.0 $ 82.4
    Consumer Products .................................................. 18.7 21.9
    Digital Media............................................. ................... 8.9 10.3
    WWE Studios .................................................. ............ 4.3 7.9
    Total .................................................. ............................. $ 112.9 $ 122.5
    Three Months Ended
    Net Revenues by Region
    December 31,
    December 31,
    North America ................................................. $ 78.2 $ 85.9
    Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) ............. 19.1 24.7
    Asia Pacific (APAC) ........................................ 9.4 6.4
    Latin America .................................................. 6.2 5.5
    Total .................................................. .............. $ 112.9 $ 122.5

Live and Televised Entertainment
    Revenues from our Live and Televised Entertainment businesses were $81.0 million for
    the current quarter as compared to $82.4 million in the prior year quarter, representing a
    2% decrease.
    • Live Event revenues were $26.9 million as compared to $26.6 million in the prior
    year quarter. Revenues increased 1% as an increase in overall average ticket prices
    was offset by the occurrence of 6 fewer events in the quarter.
    • There were 78 events, including 31 international events, during the current
    quarter as compared to 84 events, including 26 international events, in the prior
    year quarter.
    2• North American events generated $12.7 million of revenues from 47 events as
    compared to $13.1 million from 58 events in the prior year quarter. North
    American average attendance increased 7% to approximately 6,000 from 5,600
    in the prior year quarter, due in part to changes in the mix of venues. The
    average ticket price for North American events was $42.87 in the current quarter
    as compared to $39.31 in the prior year quarter.
    • International events generated approximately $14.2 million of revenues from 31
    events as compared to $13.5 million from 26 events in the prior year quarter. The
    increase in revenue was primarily due to the occurrence of five more events in
    the current year quarter. International average attendance decreased 16% to
    6,300 from 7,500 in the prior year quarter, due in part to territory mix. Average
    ticket prices were $66.27 as compared to $66.06 in the prior year quarter.
    • Pay-Per-View revenues were $14.6 million as compared to $13.8 million in the prior
    year quarter, reflecting a 2% increase in total pay-per-view buys. Buys for the four
    comparable events in the current and prior year quarter declined 3%, but were more
    than offset by an increase in prior period buys, which resulted in a 6% increase in
    pay-per-view revenue.
    The details for the number of buys (in 000s) are as follows:
    Broadcast Month Events (in chronological order) Three Months Ended
    December 31,
    2011 2010
    October Hell in a Cell ™ .................................................. 182 210
    October Vengeance™/Bragging Rights ™ ................ 121 137
    November Survivor Series ® .............................................. 281 244
    December WWE TLC ™…. ................................................ 179 195
    Prior events 33 (2)
    Total .................................................. ................... ........................................ 796 784

• Television Rights Fees revenues were $33.9 million as compared to $35.7 million
    in the prior year quarter. This decrease was primarily due to the absence of domestic
    rights fees for our WWE Superstars program.
    • Venue Merchandise revenues were $3.9 million as compared to $3.7 million in the
    prior year quarter, as the impact of a 7% increase in domestic per capita
    merchandise sales to $9.81, was partially offset by a 5% decrease in total domestic
    attendance in the current year quarter.
    Consumer Products
    Revenues from our Consumer Products businesses decreased 15% to $18.7 million
    from $21.9 million in the prior year quarter, primarily due to the performance of our
    Licensing and Publishing businesses, partially offset by improved results in our Home
    Video business.
    3• Home Entertainment net revenues were $6.5 million as compared to $5.8 million in
    the prior year quarter, representing a 12% increase that was primarily due to an
    adjustment in the prior year quarter. Gross domestic retail revenue declined 14%, or
    $1.8 million, due to an 8% decrease in shipments to 825,000 units and a 5% decline
    in average effective prices to $13.50. The prior year quarter included an adjustment
    for lower sell-through expectations of prior year releases.
    • Licensing revenues were $9.5 million as compared to $12.3 million in the prior year
    quarter as lower sales of toy, collectible and novelty products more than offset an
    increase in video game sales. Revenues related to toys declined 15%, or $1.0
    million, reflecting, in part, a challenging retail environment for certain toy categories.
    Revenues from our collectible products declined due to a tough comparison to a
    successful product launch in the prior year. Revenue from video games, increased
    by approximately $0.4 million, led by sales of the WWE All Stars video game, which
    launched in March 2011. Unit shipments of our SmackDown vs. Raw video game
    decreased 51% to 162,000 units as compared to the prior year quarter.
    • Magazine publishing net revenues were $2.0 million as compared to $3.1 million in
    the prior year quarter, primarily reflecting lower newsstand sales in the current
    quarter.

Digital Media
    Revenues from our Digital Media related businesses were $8.9 million as compared to
    $10.3 million in the prior year, representing a 14% decrease.
    • WWE.com revenues were $2.7 million as compared to $4.5 million in the prior year
    quarter, primarily reflecting a reduction in online advertising.
    • WWEShop revenues were $6.2 million as compared to $5.8 million in the prior year
    quarter. This was driven by a 13% increase in average revenue per order to $52.09,
    partially offset by a 5% decline in the total number of orders, to approximately
    WWE Studios
    Current year, we recorded revenue of $4.3 million as compared to $7.9 million in the
    prior year quarter, with the decline in revenue driven by the relative performance of our
    current film releases compared to the prior year quarter releases. Film profits declined
    $13.2 million from the prior year quarter due to $12.2 million in non-cash film impairment
    charges, primarily driven by lower DVD sales expectations associated with previous
    releases, The Reunion, See No Evil, Knucklehead, The Chaperone and pending
    releases, Bending the Rules and Barricade. The decline in film profits also reflected
    lower receipts from our other films.
    4Profit Contribution (Net revenues less cost of revenues)
    Profit contribution decreased to $24.3 million in the current year quarter from $46.8
    million in the prior year quarter, reflecting $12.2 million non-cash film impairment
    charges and other operating factors. Excluding the impact of the film impairments,
    Adjusted Profit contribution was $36.5 million in the current year quarter as compared to
    $46.8 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting the absence of television rights fees for
    our WWE Superstars program, a reduction in toy and collectibles licensing revenue, and
    increased Pay-Per-View production and marketing costs. Gross profit margin decreased
    to approximately 22% from 38% in the prior year quarter, primarily driven by the
    performance of our film business. Adjusted profit margins were 32% as compared to
    38% in the prior year quarter reflecting lower television and licensing revenues, which
    have high variable margins, as well as the increase in pay-per-view costs.
    Selling, general and administrative expenses
    SG&A expenses were $33.3 million for the current year quarter as compared to $29.2
    million in the prior year quarter, led by increases in staffing related costs, including
    salary, benefits, and recruitment, as well as higher professional fees, due in part to the
    potential creation of a WWE Network. Network related expenses were approximately
    $4.0 million in the current year quarter.
    Depreciation and amortization
    Depreciation and amortization expense was $4.1 million for the current year quarter as
    compared to $3.2 million in the prior year quarter.

EBITDA
    EBITDA reflected a loss of ($9.0) million in the current year quarter as compared to a
    profit of $17.6 million in the prior year quarter. The EBITDA decline was primarily driven
    by the change in profit contribution as described above. Adjusted EBITDA (which
    excludes the film impairment charges and network related expenses in the current year
    quarter) decreased to $7.2 million in the current year quarter as compared to $17.6
    million in the prior year quarter, also driven by the change in profit contribution.
    Investment and Other (Expense) Income
    Investment income was $0.6 million in the current year quarter as compared to $0.5
    million in the prior year quarter. Other expense was $0.5 million in the current year
    quarter as compared to $0.9 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting foreign exchange
    losses of $0.2 million in the current year quarter as compared to foreign exchange loss
    of $0.4 million in the prior year quarter.
    5Effective tax rate
    In the current year quarter, the effective tax rate was 35% as compared to 42% in the
    prior year quarter. The prior year rate was negatively impacted by a $0.8 million
    adjustment due to lower than expected deductions for qualified production activities as a
    result of changes in the tax code in late 2010.
    Summary Results for the Year Ended December 31, 2011
    Total revenues for the year ended December 31, 2011 were $483.9 million as compared
    to $477.7 million in the prior year. Operating income was $37.0 million as compared to
    $82.3 million in the prior year. Net income was $24.8 million, or $0.33 per share, as
    compared to $53.5 million, or $0.71 per share, in the prior year. EBITDA was $52.0
    million for the current year as compared to $94.0 million in the prior year. Excluding
    items that impact comparability, Adjusted Operating income for the current year was
    $64.4 million as compared $82.3 million in the prior year (See Supplemental Information
    – Schedule of Adjustments). Adjusted Net income was $43.3 million, or $0.58 per share,
    as compared to $53.5 million, or $0.71 per share, in the prior year. Adjusted EBITDA
    was $79.4 million for the current year as compared to $94.0 million in the prior year.
    The following charts reflect net revenues by segment and by geographical region for the
    year ended December 31, 2011 and December 31, 2010. (Dollars in millions)
    Net Revenues by Segment

Twelve Months Ended
    December 31,
    December 31,
    Live and Televised Entertainment .............. $ 340.0 $ 331.8
    Consumer Products ................................... 94.9 97.4
    Digital Media .............................................. 28.1 28.9
    WWE Studios ............................................. 20.9 19.6
    Total .................................................. ......... $ 483.9 $ 477.7
    Revenues increased 1% led by our Live and Televised Entertainment segment primarily
    reflecting the impact of WrestleMania. Growth in Pay-Per-View and Licensing was offset
    by the absence of two hours of television programming and declines across our other
    businesses. The decline in Television Advertising reflects a new agreement with a
    Canadian television distributor. We receive television rights fees rather than advertising
    revenue under the new agreement.
    6Net Revenues by Region
    Twelve Months Ended
    December 31,
    December 31,
    North America ............................................ $ 350.5 $ 342.4
    Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) ........ 76.1 80.3
    Asia Pacific (APAC) ................................... 38.7 35.6
    Latin America ............................................. 18.6 19.4
    Total .................................................. ......... $ 483.9 $ 477.7

Revenues from North America increased 2% led by higher Pay-Per-View and Licensing
    revenues reflecting the impact of WrestleMania and an additional video game,
    respectively. This was partially offset by the absence of domestic television rights fees
    for NXT and Superstars and lower WWE.com revenues primarily driven by lower
    advertising sales.
    Revenues from outside North America were essentially flat to the prior year as lower
    sales of licensed toy, collectible and home video products were offset by contractual
    expansion of television rights fees and increased pay-per-view buy rates, primarily in our
    Asia Pacific markets. The current year also benefited from a $3.4 million favorable
    impact from changes in foreign exchange rates.
    Live and Televised Entertainment
    Revenues from our Live and Televised Entertainment businesses were $340.0 million for
    the current year as compared to $331.8 million in the prior year, an increase of 2%.
    December 31,

December 31,
    Live Events ............................................. $ 104.7 $ 104.6
    Pay-Per-View ......................................... $ 78.3 $ 70.2
    Venue Merchandise ............................... $ 18.3 $ 18.4
    Television Rights Fees ............................ $ 131.5 $ 127.0
    Television Advertising ............................ $ 1.1 $ 5.9
    WWE Classics On Demand .................... $ 4.6 $ 4.6
    Consumer Products
    Revenues from our Consumer Products businesses were $94.9 million as compared to
    $97.4 million in the prior year, a decrease of 3%.
    7December 31,

December 31,
    Home Video ........................................... $ 30.4 $ 32.1
    Licensing ............................................ $ 54.4 $ 51.7
    Magazine Publishing .............................. $ 7.7 $ 11.0
    Digital Media
    Revenues from our Digital Media related businesses were $28.1 million as compared to
    $28.9 million in the prior year, a decrease of 3%.
    December 31,

December 31,
    WWE.com ............................................ $ 12.5 $ 14.9
    WWEShop ............................................. $ 15.6 $ 14.0
    WWE Studios
    During the current year, WWE Studios recognized revenue of $20.9 million as compared
    to $19.6 million in the prior year, with the growth in revenue driven by an increase in the
    number of film releases (four in the current year, namely, The Chaperone, That’s What I
    Am, Inside Out and The Reunion, compared to two in the prior year). Lower than
    anticipated performance of several films contributed to revised ultimate projections for
    current and pending releases, which resulted in $23.4 million of impairment charges.
    Film profits declined $28.0 million from the prior year driven by the film impairment
    charges and the increased distribution expenses associated with the higher number of
    releases under our self-distribution model in the current year as compared to the prior
    year.
    Profit Contribution (Net revenues less cost of revenues)
    Profit contribution decreased to $168.7 million in the current year as compared to $203.4
    million in the prior year primarily driven by the performance of our WWE Studios
    business and the absence of domestic television rights fees for our NXT™ and WWE
    Superstars programs. Adjusted Profit contribution (excluding the film impairment charges
    in the current year) decreased 6% to $192.1 million from the prior year as increased
    profits from Live Events and Licensing were more than offset by the absence of the
    domestic television rights fees as discussed above. Adjusted Profit contribution margin
    declined to approximately 40% as compared to 43% in the prior year period, primarily
    reflecting the resulting change in product mix.
    8Selling, general and administrative expenses
    SG&A expenses were $116.7 million for the current year as compared to $109.4 million
    in the prior year. This increase was due in part to network related costs, which were
    approximately $4.0 million in the current year. Excluding the network costs, Adjusted
    SG&A expenses increased 3% to $112.7 million, as increases in staff related costs,
    including $3.0 million in severance expenses, $2.3 million of higher legal and trademark
    costs and increased marketing spend were partially offset by an $8.3 million reduction in
    management incentive compensation (including stock compensation).

EBITDA
    EBITDA for the current year decreased to approximately $52.0 million as compared to
    $94.0 million in the prior year, reflecting lower profit contribution and higher SG&A
    expenses as described above. Adjusted EBITDA (excluding the film impairment charges
    and network expenses in the current year) declined to $79.4 million from $94.0 million in
    the prior year.
    Investment and Other Income (Expense)
    Investment income, net was $2.1 million as compared to $2.0 million in the prior year.
    Other expense of $1.6 million in the current year as compared to $2.1 million in the prior
    year primarily reflects the impact of realized foreign exchange gains and losses and the
    revaluation of warrants. In the current year, we recorded $0.4 million of foreign exchange
    losses as compared to losses of $1.3 million in the prior year. In the prior year, we
    recorded a gain of $0.6 million relating to the revaluation of warrants.
    Effective tax rate
    The effective tax rate was 33% in the current year as compared to 35% in the prior year.
    The decrease in our current period tax rate from our anticipated rate of 35% was
    primarily due to a $1.6 million benefit relating to qualified domestic production
    activities. Additionally, rates were positively impacted by the recognition of tax benefits
    previously unrecognized of $0.6 million and $1.3 million for the current year and prior
    year, respectively. These benefits were primarily a result of the statute of limitations
    expiring in jurisdictions where the Company had previously taken uncertain tax positions.
    Cash Flows
    Net cash provided by operating activities was $63.2 million for the year ended December
    31, 2011 as compared to $39.8 million in the prior year. This increase was primarily
    driven by a $37 million reduction in feature film production spending, which was partially
    offset by the impact of $15 million in advances received from a licensee in the prior year.
    Capital expenditures increased to $28.0 million in the current year from $12.3 million in
    the prior year, primarily due to a $15.5 million investment in assets to support our effort
    to create and distribute new content, including through a potential network.
    9Additional Information

Additional business metrics are made available to investors on a monthly basis on our
    corporate website – corporate.wwe.com.
    Note: WWE will host a conference call on February 23, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. ET to discuss
    the Company’s earnings results for the fourth quarter of 2011. All interested parties can
    access the conference call by dialing 855-993-1400 (conference ID: WWE). Please
    reserve a line 15 minutes prior to the start time of the conference call. A presentation
    that will be referenced during the call can be found at the Company web site at
    corporate.wwe.com. A replay of the call will be available approximately three hours after
    the conference call concludes, and can be accessed at corporate.wwe.com.
    WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization
    and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of
    businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global
    audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television
    programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming
    is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 500
    million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with
    offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Istanbul and
    Tokyo. Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and
    corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to
    http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves,
    trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE and its subsidiaries. All other
    trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe
    harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and
    uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks relating to maintaining and
    renewing key agreements, including television and pay-per-view programming distribution agreements; the
    need for continually developing creative and entertaining programming; the continued importance of key
    performers and the services of Vincent McMahon; the conditions of the markets in which we compete and
    acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; our exposure to bad
    debt risk; uncertainties relating to regulatory and litigation matters; risks resulting from the highly competitive
    nature of our markets; uncertainties associated with international markets; the importance of protecting our
    intellectual property and complying with the intellectual property rights of others; risks associated with
    producing and travelling to and from our large live events, both domestically and internationally; the risk of
    accidents or injuries during our physically demanding events; risks relating to our film business; risks relating
    to increasing content production for distribution on various platforms, including the potential creation of a
    WWE network; risks relating to our computer systems and online operations; risks relating to the large
    number of shares of common stock controlled by members of the McMahon family and the possibility of the
    sale of their stock by the McMahons or the perception of the possibility of such sales; the relatively small
    public float of our stock; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the
    Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or
    anticipated. In addition, our dividend is dependent on a number of factors, including, among other things, our
    liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan (including alternative uses of capital), our
    financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends, general
    economic and competitive conditions and such other factors as our Board of Directors may consider
    relevant.
    10WWE
    Consolidated Income Statements
    (in thousands, except per share data)
    (Unaudited)
    Three Months Ended Twelve Months Ended
    Dec. 31, Dec. 31, Dec. 31, Dec. 31,
    2011 2010 2011 2010
    Net revenues .................................................. ........................................... $ 112,942 $122,524 $ 483,921 $ 477,655
    Cost of revenues .................................................. ..................................... 88,652 75,756 315,183 274,298
    Selling, general and administrative expenses ...................................... 33,254 29,108 116,739 109,392
    Depreciation and amortization .................................................. .............. 4,108 3,246 14,980 11,707
    Operating (loss) income .................................................. ......................... (13,072) 14,414 37,019 82,258
    Investment income, net .................................................. ......................... 596 543 2,054 2,047
    Interest expense .................................................. ................................... (377) (5) (623) (260)
    Other expense, net .................................................. ............................... (487) (932) (1,569) (2,105)
    (Loss) income before income taxes .................................................. .... (13,340) 13,967 36,881 81,940
    (Benefit) provision for income taxes .................................................. ... (4,711) 5,840 12,049 28,488
    Net (loss) income .................................................. .................................... ($ 8,629) $ 8,127 $ 24,832 $ 53,452
    (Loss) earnings per share:
    Basic .................................................. .................................................. . ($ 0.12) $ 0.11 $ 0.33 $ 0.72
    Diluted .................................................. ................................................. ($ 0.12) $ 0.11 $ 0.33 $ 0.71
    Weighted average common shares outstanding:
    Basic .................................................. .................................................. 74,418 74,957 74,212 74,570
    Diluted .................................................. ................................................. 74,763 75,406 74,858 75,306

11WWE
    Consolidated Balance Sheets
    (in thousands)
    (Unaudited)
    As of As of
    Dec. 31, Dec. 31,
    2011 2010
    ASSETS
    CURRENT ASSETS:
    Cash and cash equivalents .................................................. ........................... $ 52,491 $ 69,823
    Short-term investments .................................................. ................................. 103,270 97,124
    Accounts receivable, net .................................................. ............................... 56,741 52,051
    Inventory .................................................. .................................................. ........ 1,658 2,087
    Deferred income tax assets .................................................. .......................... 11,122 17,128
    Prepaid expenses and other current assets ................................................. 14,461 20,856
    Total current assets .................................................. .................................. 239,743 259,069
    PROPERTY AND EQUIPMENT, NET .................................................. .............. 96,562 80,995
    FEATURE FILM PRODUCTION ASSETS, NET............................................... 23,591 56,253
    INVESTMENT SECURITIES .................................................. ............................. 10,156 15,037
    OTHER ASSETS .................................................. ................................................. 8,572 4,375
    TOTAL ASSETS .................................................. .................................................. $ 378,624 $ 415,729
    LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY
    CURRENT LIABILITIES:

Current portion of long-term debt .................................................. ................. $ 1,262 $ 1,169
    Accounts payable .................................................. ........................................... 15,897 18,441
    Accrued expenses and other liabilities .................................................. ........ 30,386 24,478
    Deferred income .................................................. ............................................. 21,709 28,323
    Total current liabilities....................................... .......................................... 69,254 72,411
    LONG-TERM DEBT 359 1,621
    NON-CURRENT TAX LIABILITIES 5,634 15,068
    NON-CURRENT DEFERRED INCOME 8,234 9,881
    STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY:
    Class A common stock .................................................. .................................. 283 275
    Class B common stock .................................................. .................................. 462 465
    Additional paid-in capital .................................................. ............................... 338,414 336,592
    Accumulated other comprehensive income ................................................ 3,262 3,144
    Accumulated deficit .................................................. ........................................ (47,27) (23,72)
    Total stockholders' equity .................................................. ........................ 295,143 316,748
    TOTAL LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY .................................. $ 378,624 $ 415,729

12WWE
    Consolidated Statements of Cash Flows
    (in thousands)
    (Unaudited)
    Twelve Months Ended
    Dec. 31, Dec. 31,
    2011 2010
    OPERATING ACTIVITIES:
    Net income .................................................. .................................................. ............ $ 24,832 $ 53,452
    Adjustments to reconcile net income to net cash provided by
    operating activities:
    Amortization and impairments of feature film production assets .......................... 39,742 13,000
    Revaluation of warrants .................................................. ..................................... - (610)
    Depreciation and amortization .................................................. ............................ 14,980 11,707
    Realized gain on sale of investments .................................................. ................. (142) (53)
    Amortization of bond premium .................................................. ........................... 2,580 1,827
    Amortization of debt issuance costs .................................................. ................... 205 -
    Stock compensation costs .................................................. ................................. 2,868 7,579
    (Recovery) provision for doubtful accounts .................................................. ........ (692) 774
    Loss on disposal of property and equipment .................................................. ...... 1,376 -
    Benefit from deferred income taxes .................................................. .................. (6,424) (2,410)
    Excess tax benefit from stock-based payment arrangements ............................. (122) (2,75)

Changes in assets and liabilities:
    Accounts receivable .................................................. ...................................... (1,915) 9,908
    Inventory .................................................. .................................................. ..... 429 95
    Prepaid expenses and other current assets .................................................. .. 4,770 (14,645)
    Feature film production assets .................................................. ...................... (7,097) (32,535)
    Accounts payable .................................................. .......................................... (2,544) (2,841)
    Accrued expenses and other liabilities .................................................. .......... (1,399) (14,760)
    Deferred income .................................................. ............................................ (8,261) 12,074
    Net cash provided by operating activities .................................................. . 63,186 39,804
    INVESTING ACTIVITIES:
    Purchase of property and equipment and other assets ............................................. (27,956) (12,314)
    Proceeds from infrastructure incentives .................................................. .................. - 4,130
    Purchase of short-term investments .................................................. ........................ (47,904) (96,751)
    Proceeds from sales or maturities of investments .................................................. ... 45,148 64,553
    Net cash used in investing activities (30,712) (40,382)
    FINANCING ACTIVITIES:
    Repayments of long-term debt .................................................. ................................ (1,169) (1,082)
    Debt issuance costs .................................................. ................................................ (1,843) -
    Dividends paid.............................................. .................................................. ........... (47,809) (83,643)
    Issuance of stock, net .................................................. ............................................. 893 1,022
    Proceeds from exercise of stock options .................................................. ................. - 1,562
    Excess tax benefit from stock-based payment arrangements ................................... 122 2,758
    Net cash used in financing activities .................................................. ....... (49,806) (79,383)
    NET DECREASE IN CASH AND CASH EQUIVALENTS ......................................... (17,332) (79,961)
    CASH AND CASH EQUIVALENTS, BEGINNING OF PERIOD ................................ 69,823 149,784
    CASH AND CASH EQUIVALENTS, END OF PERIOD ............................................ $ 52,491 $ 69,823

13WWE
    Supplemental Information - EBITDA
    (in thousands)
    (Unaudited)
    2011 2010 2011 2010
    Net (loss) income reported on U.S. GAAP basis ....... ($ 8,629) $ 8,127 $ 24,832 $ 53,452
    (Benefit) provision for income taxes ............................ (4,711) 5,840 12,049 28,488
    Investment, interest and other expense (income),
    net .................................................. ................................... 267 447 138 318
    Depreciation and amortization ...................................... 4,108 3,246 14,980 11,707
    EBITDA .................................................. .......................... ($ 8,965) $ 17,660 $ 51,999 $ 93,965
    Non-GAAP Measure:

EBITDA is defined as net income before investment, interest and other expense/income,
    income taxes, depreciation and amortization. The Company’s definition of EBITDA does
    not adjust its U.S. GAAP basis earnings for the amortization of Feature Film production
    assets. Although it is not a recognized measure of performance under U.S. GAAP,
    EBITDA is presented because it is a widely accepted financial indicator of a company’s
    performance. The Company uses EBITDA to measure its own performance and to set
    goals for operating managers. EBITDA should not be considered as an alternative to net
    income, cash flows from operations or any other indicator of WWE’s performance or
    liquidity, determined in accordance with U.S. GAAP.

14WWE
    Supplemental Information – Schedule of Adjustments
    (in millions)
    (Unaudited)
    2011 2010 2011 2010
    Profit contribution .................................................. .......... $ 24.3 $ 46.8 $ 168.7 $ 203.4
    Adjustments (Added back):
    Film impairments .................................................. .... 12.2 - 23.4 -
    Adjusted Profit contribution ...................................... $ 36.5 $ 46.8 $ 192.1 $ 203.4
    Selling, general and administrative expenses ............ 33.3 29.2 116.7 109.4
    Network related expenses ........................................ (4.0) - (4.0) -
    Adjusted Selling, general and administrative
    expenses .................................................. ....................... $ 29.3 $ 29.2 $ 112.7 $ 109.4
    Depreciation and amortization ...................................... 4.1 3.2 15.0 11.7
    Operating (loss) income ................................................. ($ 13.1) $ 14.4 $ 37.0 $ 82.3
    Adjusted Operating income ....................................... $ 3.1 $ 14.4 $ 64.4 $ 82.3
    EBITDA .................................................. .......................... ($ 9.0) $ 17.6 $ 52.0 $ 94.0
    Adjusted EBITDA .................................................. ........ $ 7.2 $ 17.6 $ 79.4 $ 94.0

Non-GAAP Measure:
    Adjusted Profit contribution, Adjusted Operating income, Selling, general and
    administrative expenses and Adjusted EBITDA exclude certain material items, which
    otherwise would impact the comparability of results between periods. These should not
    be considered as an alternative to net income, cash flows from operations or any other
    indicator of WWE’s performance or liquidity, determined in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
    15WWE
    Supplemental Information – Schedule of Adjustments
    (in millions, except per share data)
    (Unaudited)
    2011 2010 2011 2010
    Operating (loss) income ................................................. ($ 13.1) $ 14.4 $ 37.0 $ 82.3
    Film impairments 12.2 - 23.4 -
    Network related expenses 4.0 - 4.0 -
    Adjusted Operating income ....................................... $ 3.1 $ 14.4 $ 64.4 $ 82.3
    Investment, interest and other (expense) income,
    net .................................................. ................................... (0.3) (0.5) (0.1) (0.4)
    Adjusted Income before taxes ...................................... $ 2.8 $ 13.9 $ 64.3 $ 81.9
    Adjusted (Benefit) provision for taxes .......................... (1.0) (5.) (21.0) (28.4)
    Adjusted Net income .................................................. . $ 1.8 $ 8.1 $ 43.3 $53.5
    Adjusted Earnings per share:
    Basic .................................................. ....................... $ 0.02 $ 0.11 $ 0.58 $ 0.72
    Diluted .................................................. ..................... $ 0.02 $ 0.11 $ 0.58 $ 0.71
    Weighted average common shares outstanding:
    Basic .................................................. ........................ 74,418 74,957 74,212 74,570
    Diluted .................................................. ...................... 74,763 75,406 74,858 75,306
    Non-GAAP Measure:
    Adjusted Operating income, Adjusted Net income and Adjusted Earnings per
    share exclude certain material items, which otherwise would impact the comparability of
    results between periods. These should not be considered as an alternative to net
    income, cash flows from operations or any other indicator of WWE’s performance or
    liquidity, determined in accordance with U.S. GAAP.

WWE
    Supplemental Information- Free Cash Flow
    (in thousands)
    (Unaudited)
    2011 2010 2011 2010
    Net cash provided by operating activities .................................... $ 15,381 $ 11,896 $ 63,186 $ 39,804
    Less cash used in capital expenditures:
    Purchase of property and equipment ................................... (17,479) (3,184) (26,162) (12,254)
    Proceeds from infrastructure incentives .............................. - - - 4,130
    Purchase of other assets .................................................. ..... (11) - (1,794) (60)
    Free Cash Flow .................................................. .............................. ($ 2,109) $ 8,712 $ 35,230 $ 31,620
    Non-GAAP Measure:
    We define Free Cash Flow as net cash provided by operating activities less cash used
    for capital expenditures. Although it is not a recognized measure of liquidity under U.S.
    GAAP, Free Cash Flow provides useful information regarding the amount of cash our
    continuing business is generating after capital expenditures, available for reinvesting in
    the business and for payment of dividends.
    Link: http://ir.corporate.wwe.com/Cache/15...FID=1500039670

The Above link is to the WWE Corporation Press Release of the financial results and it has all the info you need on how the company is doing and this will spell out the raise and fall of the WWE in PG and expansion failures i.e MUSIC, FILMS ETC...

As you can see from the large quote their. The WWE is losing ground in everything and i mean everything, they can not produce a great movie, they can not produce great music now a days and the other expansions are a complete failure. Beside the charities, Stop Bullying and the dream foundations and the WWE SHOP. They i am for

But the other stuff is far to much and they need to pull back and drop all the other crap and refocus their main gold and that is us the fans... Bring us back and drop this PG **** and make the WWE what it really was the WWF again. You know what i mean

Link: http://corporate.wwe.com/

This above link is the WWE Corporate website, that holds all info you want to know about the WWE business, but not all the secrets you want to know
    Last edited by claud3; 03-28-2012 at 17:02.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Link: http://ir.corporate.wwe.com/Cache/15...FID=1500039670

The Above link is to the WWE Corporation Press Release of the financial results and it has all the info you need on how the company is doing and this will spell out the raise and fall of the WWE in PG and expansion failures i.e MUSIC, FILMS ETC...

As you can see from the large quote their. The WWE is losing ground in everything and i mean everything, they can not produce a great movie, they can not produce great music now a days and the other expansions are a complete failure. Beside the charities, Stop Bullying and the dream foundations and the WWE SHOP. They i am for

But the other stuff is far to much and they need to pull back and drop all the other crap and refocus their main gold and that is us the fans... Bring us back and drop this PG **** and make the WWE what it really was the WWF again. You know what i mean

Link: http://corporate.wwe.com/

This above link is the WWE Corporate website, that holds all info you want to know about the WWE business, but not all the secrets you want to know
    Sorry bro, but I think you're shooting it a bit out of proportion lol. WWE is still making millions, these numbers don't form any fall or demise for the WWE for the forseeable future. Not to mention that financial report you linked is kinda old already and has been discussed by Vince himself (hence the note saying "WWE will host a conference call on February 23, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. ET to discuss the Company’s earnings results for the fourth quarter of 2011.")

Not trying to bash you claud, just saying it as I see it, plus more and more people seem to see WWE shutting down in a couple years which I think is unwarrented..

20. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Cena claims he could have been fired 10 years ago.. hmmm

This is going to be my face when Cena wins on Sunday

Last edited by yourmumsface17; 03-29-2012 at 00:40.

22. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Cena claims he could have been fired 10 years ago.. hmmm

This is going to be my face when Cena wins on Sunday

Yeah. Apparently when it was all about Lesnar, Cena was just days away from being released. However, apparently Stephanie heard him rapping backstage and thought they'd go with it.

24. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

Sorry bro, but I think you're shooting it a bit out of proportion lol. WWE is still making millions, these numbers don't form any fall or demise for the WWE for the forseeable future. Not to mention that financial report you linked is kinda old already and has been discussed by Vince himself (hence the note saying "WWE will host a conference call on February 23, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. ET to discuss the Company’s earnings results for the fourth quarter of 2011.")

Not trying to bash you claud, just saying it as I see it, plus more and more people seem to see WWE shutting down in a couple years which I think is unwarrented..

Ok i get what you are saying i do... But i feel in my opinion the WWE will FALL once more and will never get back its FANS respect again. They need to stop all this corporate branching crap and focus on just wrestling and not selling out, just like all forms of entertaining does. Stick to your own brand and never try things that are still failing

Anyone remember the XFL...

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yea those numbers may be old but a profit loss is still a profit loss in the buisness world. They lost money and want to launch a network which makes no sense. Should be gaining money then launch a network. That network is either going to make or break WWE.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

27. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    Items CoD: World at WarEA SportsActivision Logo360 SlimModern Warfare 3
    Honestly, my biggest worry for WM28 is Big show winning. Firstly, he doesn't need the intercontinental title and it would halt Rhodes' momentum. Show should just retire.

#CoolCoolCool

29. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Suley View Post
    Honestly, my biggest worry for WM28 is Big show winning. Firstly, he doesn't need the intercontinental title and it would halt Rhodes' momentum. Show should just retire.
    I'm just hoping that if Show does indeed win, Rhodes will be pushed into the World Title picture, along with Wade Barrett, who is apparently set to win the Money In The Bank match at SummerSlam.

I don't know if there is legitimate beef here, but seeing and hearing Stone Cold swear like this is quite a rush and hilarious!

Imagine if they let him and Punk cut promos like this!!!

31. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Yea those numbers may be old but a profit loss is still a profit loss in the buisness world. They lost money and want to launch a network which makes no sense. Should be gaining money then launch a network. That network is either going to make or break WWE.
    Yes, but WWE spend millions on digitalizing their video library and getting their **** together for the network, that's where a big part of the profit loss comes from in the first place..

33. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    WWE Video - Inside Punk's tour bus

WWE Video - Triple H training video

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

35. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

Yes, but WWE spend millions on digitalizing their video library and getting their **** together for the network, that's where a big part of the profit loss comes from in the first place..
    Ok maybe so, but the numbers speak volumes... And when they are low you have to wonder what is next, yes we all agree the WWE is making money. But they are losing more then they can make in some if not all their ventures.. You must agree on that one though

Unless they make a true profit on this WM28 or this year, a profit of solid gains and not so many under preforming. Then they can survive... But its hard for a company to be so big and be around for so long and not think its time to pull in the branches of the monopoly tree a wee bit. You know what i mean

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal

38. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information